Pilotwings Hits Virtual Console

SNES version available for download from Friday

Pilotwings will be making a return this week when it becomes available on Virtual Console.

Yes, from Friday you'll be able to play Shigeru Miyamoto's 1992 SNES classic on your Wii.

In Pilotwings, you take control of a range of flying machines and complete various challenges to advance through the ranks.

You can jump into a biplane and fly through the floating rings before bringing it down for a pinpoint landing, perform a precision skydive on to a distant ground target, soar silently from a hang glider and catch the thermals or even test the experimental Rocketbelt.

If you prove your skill in these different challenges, you'll unlock bonus stages for extra challenges.

Are you looking forward to playing Pilotwings again? We are!

Comments

1. leomckitten Tuesday 18th Aug 2009 at 10:10

Awesome! How much will it cost? I have 500 points and I know that it's not enough...

2. callum 567 Tuesday 18th Aug 2009 at 10:26

its about time

3. Violet Tuesday 18th Aug 2009 at 10:34

Oh my god, I never thought we'd see the day!

Maybe we'll see Super Mario Kart and Starwing soon then, hmm?

Not that it matters too much, I still own all three games...

4. higson1983 Tuesday 18th Aug 2009 at 10:39

Thats amazing news. And with March of the minis out friday, its going to be great!! Pilotwings is one of the best games ever and I cant wait to get started again. I have even been looking into rebuying a nes and snes for nostalgia trips which is one of the first signs I am growing old. So this will feed that need for a while

5. Rudie111 Tuesday 18th Aug 2009 at 11:02

i got tired of waiting for this and mario kart so i got a snes from ebay!

6. GuyWhoLikesBlue2 Tuesday 18th Aug 2009 at 11:19

would have preferred Pilotwings 64, but this certainly looks worth a buy

7. Nintymat Tuesday 18th Aug 2009 at 11:26

Is this worth it? Or should i wait until Pilotwings 64?

8. Gavin Rozee Tuesday 18th Aug 2009 at 11:27

We're also getting Mario vs Donkey Kong and Pop Plus on DSiWare, and Bit Trip Core on WiiWare.

Now that's what I call a brilliant update. Nice job Nintendo of Europe!

9. Issun2765 Tuesday 18th Aug 2009 at 11:28

Hmmm, I really wanted to follow the Metroid Series so I was thinking of getting Super Metroid with my spare 800 pts. Now this might change my mind...

...then again, is Over The Top games thinking of releasing a Pilotwings Wii?

10. supersmashercall Tuesday 18th Aug 2009 at 11:36
  11. nintyspong3826 Tuesday 18th Aug 2009 at 12:11

My Snes is now at my grandparents house, and everytime i go over i play on this game! This game was pure brilliance and was very very addictive! The N64 Pilotwings was even better, and i hope this Snes release on VC is a good sign for a new one coming!

12. higson1983 Tuesday 18th Aug 2009 at 12:36

Is this worth it? Or should i wait until Pilotwings 64?

get this one as its amazing.

13. Jedi_jester Tuesday 18th Aug 2009 at 13:43

Hooray, now all they need is Pilotwings 64 and I will be a happy chappy :D

14. Violet Tuesday 18th Aug 2009 at 14:27

Dear god no, as great as Pilotwings is it has no comparison with the almighty Super Metroid.

15. Ubahquiet Tuesday 18th Aug 2009 at 15:45

...then again, is Over The Top games thinking of releasing a Pilotwings Wii?

Get Super Metroid, man. As good as Pilotwings is, it just doesn't compare to Super Metroid.

16. niallswand Tuesday 18th Aug 2009 at 16:46

What will I need to play this with? WiiMote? Or do I need something else?
    And how much points? :)

Thanks ONM for the latest, once again!

17. daddybobo Tuesday 18th Aug 2009 at 18:33

Yeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeessssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss

18. JSupremoJ Wednesday 19th Aug 2009 at 16:39

It's great that this is coming back but I honestly feel that the reason for this is because the likes of Pilotwings, Kid Icarus and FZero are being put to bed.