Zelda Wii will be released in 2010

Iwata speaks to Japanese newspaper

The new Legend Of Zelda Wii game will be released in 2010 according to reports in Japanese newspaper Asahi Shimbun.

The latest edition of the paper - which features an interview with Nintendo President Satoru Iwata (translated by Kotaku) - revealed that the game will launch in Japan before the end of 2010.

As Eiji Aonuma told ONM last month, we can expect to see more of the Legend Of Zelda sequel at the E3 games show which takes place in June 2010. "I hope that we can show you something at the E3 show next year (2010) and it is something we are hopeful will be surprising," said Aonuma.

Let's hope it will also be released in the UK before the end of the year...

Comments

1. The Rocker Wednesday 6th Jan 2010 at 10:50

Glad to see this getting a release in 2010 even though the it's the Japanese release that you're talking about. Since Zelda isn't that popular in Japan, (for some weird reason)I reckon that we should get the release very close to the time they do, if not earlier than them. :)

2. Aki-toriko Wednesday 6th Jan 2010 at 11:23

Best year of gaming ever confirmed

3. ProMac Wednesday 6th Jan 2010 at 11:41

2010 RELEASE :D ! Confirmed for Japan :( . THEN IT'S AROUND DECEMBER 2010/JANUARY 2011 FOR US :D !

While I'm posting regarding Zelda how 'bout a Motion Plus Wind Waker remake? I'd love to conduct the Wind Waker like you would in real life :D ! Where would I be without the Zelda franchise...

4. shy guy 64 Wednesday 6th Jan 2010 at 11:45

that's not as long a wait as i thought

5. Gilbert Wednesday 6th Jan 2010 at 11:54

Well I'm certainly excited :D But why do I have a horrible feeling that it'll be delayed...it's not as if it hasn't happened before...but I suppose that'd just make it even more EPIC in the long run if it happens :D

6. Jabaxaro Wednesday 6th Jan 2010 at 11:54

that's not as long a wait as i thought

This! :)

7. Oiram 07 Wednesday 6th Jan 2010 at 12:08

Thats great news, even if it is just for Japan, it shows just how close it is to finishing.

I can see this being released over here during Christmas since thats when most 'Big' games come out and have a more chance of a success in sales.

Cant wait to see the E3 trailer :P.

8. Enraged emu Wednesday 6th Jan 2010 at 12:19

Im betting that the Europe wont get it until summer 2011 :(

9. SB5 Wednesday 6th Jan 2010 at 12:34

We'll see what happens. I'm not convinced, personally.

10. HNF1 Wednesday 6th Jan 2010 at 12:57

I muat admit, I didn't expect a 2010 release at all. The Wii truly has its greatest start-of-year line-up ever (so far).

11. Gordon Ramsey Wednesday 6th Jan 2010 at 13:35

Bull****!

12. Ai64 Wednesday 6th Jan 2010 at 14:18

It's going to be one big surprize I will not forget.

13. ultra_slb Wednesday 6th Jan 2010 at 14:29

OH YEAAAAH!!!

Now that's what I call good news!!

Anyway, a game with this impact isn't it a World Release..? I figured it would be more logic to release the game at the same date or possibly few days difference between US, JP and Europe.

Will Galaxy 2 have large differences in release dates?

14. kieran_the_krill Wednesday 6th Jan 2010 at 14:46

i really hope they dont ruin it with this 'surprise', but i'm sure they wont... hopefully.

15. ILoveWii Wednesday 6th Jan 2010 at 15:43

It says it's been released in Japan at the end of this year, and considering most other Zelda games as of recent, that means it will come out in the West at a similar time since it's more popular here.

FUNKING YES.

16. lrwr14 Wednesday 6th Jan 2010 at 18:14

*heart attack*

WOW, this is going to be a great year for gamers, a lot of games coming out this year. Better get a job. It probably come out in Japan in November and won't come out in EU till March 2011.

17. mewthree Wednesday 6th Jan 2010 at 19:07

So... No More Heroes 2, Okamiden, Galaxy 2, Metroid Other M, Zelda Wii and Monster Hunter Tri in one year?

YEEEEEEEAAAAAAAHHHHHHH BIIIIIIIIAAAAAAATTTTTTTCCCCCCHHHHHH!

And what's coming to 360 and PS3 this year? Hmmm...

18. ProMac Wednesday 6th Jan 2010 at 20:35

And what's coming to 360 and PS3 this year? Hmmm...

Only games I'm interested in for my PS3 are Prince of Persia: Forgotten Sands, Gran Turismo 5 and Batman 2 (Arkham Asylum's Sequel). For Me this year it's Wii>PS3.

19. mewthree Wednesday 6th Jan 2010 at 21:06

And what's coming to 360 and PS3 this year? Hmmm...

My point exactly.

20. LuX Wednesday 6th Jan 2010 at 22:05

Wow, looks like i eat my own words and choke on them then. Sorry ONM I doubted your knowledge, and insight, into this games release.

I really am shocked and amazed its going to be released so soon. I'm also a little dissapointed, Zelda usually has big gaps between its releases, and you love it more when you get it cause its been so long since the last time. But I must say as one of if not the greatest Zelda fan ever Spirit tracks was too much like PH, but I Wouldnt of cared if it was released christmas 2010, because I would of had a long enough break from Zelda.

It would be like eating the same meal every night, you get bored eventually, even if that meal is the BEST ever.

21. seancuk23 Wednesday 6th Jan 2010 at 22:54

Best year for Wii ever! :D

Cannot wait for the games to start rolling in!

22. Wiintendo Wednesday 6th Jan 2010 at 23:39

Wow, kinda fast release schedule since it weren't shown at E3 09 (Besides the image).

So with

Mario Galaxy 2
    Metroid: Other M
    Zelda Wii
    Red Steel 2
    Sin And punishment 2
    Epic Mickey
    No More Heroes 2
    Monster Hunter Tri

This is shapin up to be the best Wii year ever :D

23. LiamGodOfFood Wednesday 6th Jan 2010 at 23:43

Japan release before the end of the year= Europe/UK release 2011.

Sorry for my pessimistic (but realistic) attitude. Can't wait though!

24. jamboodle Wednesday 6th Jan 2010 at 23:53

All of a sudden I feel pretty excited for this years Wii releases, definately gonna be a greater year than last time, which made me feel really dissapointed and lost a bit of interest in gaming in general since nothing got me motivated in any platform. Now we are in the year of some great looking releases perhaps this will change. :D

25. ILoveWii Thursday 7th Jan 2010 at 00:07

Japan release before the end of the year= Europe/UK release 2011.

Sorry for my pessimistic (but realistic) attitude. Can't wait though!

It's not realistic at all. Twilight Princess and Spirit Tracks came out in Japan AFTER it came out in the West.

26. Athrun888 Thursday 7th Jan 2010 at 08:58

The word Zelda Goes hand in hand with the word Delayed, how many times was tp delayed, I highly doubt a 2010 release.

27. TWRoO Thursday 7th Jan 2010 at 10:05

I wouldn't worry about different region release dates, most games, particularly big ones are released within a few weeks.

However Zelda being delayed is hardly off the cards.

28. ILoveWii Thursday 7th Jan 2010 at 10:22

This is different. TP never had that many delays at all, it just never had an affixed date. There's the possibilty of one or two at the end of the year, but Nintendo have worked on this game for a good 4-5 years now and they've kept it hidden so it can be unveiled closer to its date. I'm confident it will be released by the years end.

29. Eternal Darkness Thursday 7th Jan 2010 at 13:20

I bet we will get this just a bit after Japan, or even before =D

30. nintendokid05 Thursday 7th Jan 2010 at 18:42

OMG cant wait! lets hope it will come out here first

31. LiamGodOfFood Thursday 7th Jan 2010 at 20:45

Japan release before the end of the year= Europe/UK release 2011.

Sorry for my pessimistic (but realistic) attitude. Can't wait though!

Whoops, sorry.
    Still doubt 2010 though :(

32. Hunter3992 Thursday 7th Jan 2010 at 23:10

Was about to say AWESOME!!!
    Then I saw the coments of those wiser than I that realised it was for Japan and not here but...oh well...
    AWESOME!!! :D

33. Fierce Deity H Friday 8th Jan 2010 at 22:39

(I'm still looking for the source) But thee are rumours that it is coming in October!

HELLS YEAH!!1!

34. wazlon Friday 8th Jan 2010 at 23:07

Japan release before the end of the year= Europe/UK release 2011.

Sorry for my pessimistic (but realistic) attitude. Can't wait though!

I'm not sure you know. Surely they'll want to release it in time for Christmas to get the highest possible sales, let's hope so :D

35. greycloud007 Saturday 9th Jan 2010 at 11:49

YEEEEEEEAAAAAAAHHHHHHH BIIIIIIIIAAAAAAATTTTTTTCCCCCCHHHHHH!

And what's coming to 360 and PS3 this year? Hmmm...

Well there's:

Final Fantasy XIV Online
    Fallout: New Vegas
    Fable III
    Heavy Rain
    Ninety-Nine Nights II
    Divinity II

With a list like this Nintendo has competition.

But i can't wait for Kirbys wii game to be released this year :)

36. greycloud007 Saturday 9th Jan 2010 at 11:56

Japan release before the end of the year= Europe/UK release 2011.

Sorry for my pessimistic (but realistic) attitude. Can't wait though!

No they didn't. Except Spirit Tracks.

Twilight Princess Wii release dates

38. spellingo7 Saturday 9th Jan 2010 at 23:10

I think nintendo shood have a broadband for
    nintendo owners whithout any other land line it shood
    be free like who dose not want to have nintendo on it
    from spellingo7

39. LiamGodOfFood Sunday 10th Jan 2010 at 08:10

Japan release before the end of the year= Europe/UK release 2011.

Sorry for my pessimistic (but realistic) attitude. Can't wait though!

No they didn't. Except Spirit Tracks.

Twilight Princess Wii release dates

EU October 19, 2007

Spirit Tracks release dates

NA December 7, 2009
    EU December 11, 2009
    JP December 23, 2009
    AUS December 10, 2009

Whoop! I wasn't completely wrong.
    All I was saying by my earlier comment was that it is likely to be 2011 UK release if it was late 2010 for Japan.
    After saying that, I still hope I'm wrong and it arrives early!

40. Tyrex117 Sunday 10th Jan 2010 at 13:05

I really cannot wait for this game! I loved Twilight Princess, even though it was a little short, and perhaps a little easy, for my liking. I really hope Nintendo can build on TP and make this one as epic as Ocarina of Time is.

... I'd love to see Midna again :D

41. LiamGodOfFood Sunday 10th Jan 2010 at 22:59

... I'd love to see Midna again :D

Definitely!

but it wasn't that short compared to PH or ST, especially if you fully completed it