A Boy And His Blob 2 on the way?

WayForward thinks it would be amazing!

The producer of A Boy And His Blob has told Official Nintendo Magazine that he'd like to make a sequel to his lovely looking Wii adventure.

WayForward's Sean Velasco revealed his plans to ONM, telling us that he'd like to make another game in the future after taking a break from the pair.

"Personally, I want to make a few small and crazy titles next, said Velasco. "Maybe some downloadable games? Another A Boy And His Blob game would also be amazing as the first one was such a great experience."

He went on to reveal his passion for 2D games, saying "WayForward always has its heart in 2D. We are always expanding our horizons, but I would expect to see innovation, great characters, awesome game design and the loving attention to detail that we are known for."

You can read more from the interview with Sean Velasco in issue 52 of Official Nintendo Magazine which is in the shops now.

Have you played A Boy And His Blob on Wii? Would you like WayForward to make a sequel?

Comments

1. shy guy 64 Tuesday 19th Jan 2010 at 11:16

yeah a sequal would be awsome

2. Andy88 Tuesday 19th Jan 2010 at 13:26

A Boy and His Blob is an underrated classic. I got it at Christmas and it's really enjoyable. Everything about it has a touch of class. More people should go out and buy it and a sequel would also be welcome.

3. Mendosa Wednesday 20th Jan 2010 at 09:33

I too received A Boy and his Blob for Christmas and it is one of the most brilliant games I own, for any of my consoles. The art design is phenomenal, just like playing an interactive Studio Ghibli animation, and the puzzles are wonderfully thought out - everything is beautifully logical, so if you get stumped you can eventually think your way through it. (Not like some of the more abstruse and ambiguous puzzles in some games).

The over-riding quality is charm. I'm sure that's the last thing a lot of gamers would be interested in, but it works for me - it's the most charming game I've ever played.

What's more, my 3 year old son loves sitting alongside me as I play and giggles with delight as he fathoms out the solution to the puzzles. By jiminy, it brings a tear to your eye !

The only worrying thing is, given the amount I've tucked away this Christmas, the game title rather too accurately describes us as we're sat there playing the game.

Anyway, if you haven't bought it, BUY IT NOW. You can pick it up for a little over a tenner. That's peanuts. Peanuts ! Or peanut-flavoured jelly beans, at least.

4. laguz Thursday 21st Jan 2010 at 15:16

i've yet to buy this game as i'm skint atm, but it looks a great little game so i'd welcome a sequel.

5. sonictoastJR Sunday 24th Jan 2010 at 20:21