New Pokémon: First official pictures

See more of Zorua and Zoroark

Here are the first official pictures of the new Pokémon Zorua and Zoroark. Scans of the fifth generation Pokémon were leaked last week and now the Japanese Pokémon website has posted some more images.

Zoroark
Zoroark
Zorua, a dark-type evil fox Pokémon, is 2.3ft and weighs in at 12.5kg. This Pokémon evolves into Zoroark, another dark-type Pokémon who is described as a monster fox. This one stands at 5.3ft and weighs 12.5kg.

Zoroark also plays a starring role in the forthcoming Pokémon film: Ruler Of Illusion Zoroark.

These are the first two of the fifth generation of Pokémon to be revealed. You can read everything we know about the next generation here.

Do you like the look of these two new Pokémon? Let us know by commenting below. Also we want your ideas for the fifth generation of Pokémon games. What would you like to see? Join the debate here.

Comments

1. sonicfever Monday 15th Feb 2010 at 10:23

Its quite a nice Pokemon, I dont really have a problem with it. It does look evil, yet awesome.

2. The_Insider Monday 15th Feb 2010 at 11:06

The more I see images of it, the more I like it. I only hope they get more decent Dark Type moves into Generation Five though...

3. ferrety111 Monday 15th Feb 2010 at 11:43

If all the new Pokemon look as good as this, I'll be great! Unfortunately, I think they're showing the best first...

4. GeDe Monday 15th Feb 2010 at 11:59

Good to see that Pokemon are being based off traditional Japanese monsters (or Yokai) again, like in the 2nd Generation.

Anyone else think that Zorua & Zoroark wouldn't look out of place in Okami? :D

5. darkandy666 Monday 15th Feb 2010 at 12:05

Anyone else think that Zorua & Zoroark wouldn't look out of place in Okami? :D

i agree with u their

6. SonicFanGirlNo1 Monday 15th Feb 2010 at 14:10

They look awesome. Zoroark kinda reminds me of Shadow.

7. SkaRR_oKi Monday 15th Feb 2010 at 14:37

The Anime picture of Zoroark at the bottom looks awesome! Nice to see the new releases. Can't wait to see waht else they've made!

8. ProMac Monday 15th Feb 2010 at 15:02

So far I'm impressed. I'll still resist Pokémon though due to my previous addictions to the franchise (meaning I miss/ed Platinum, HG & SS and the fifth gen).

9. lmorr Monday 15th Feb 2010 at 15:17

I want 1 now !!!

10. ILoveWii Monday 15th Feb 2010 at 15:19

Cool Pokemon. Hopefully the rest of the 5th Gen is remotely OK.

11. lmorr Monday 15th Feb 2010 at 15:20

They look awesome. Zoroark kinda reminds me of Shadow.

ONM Must hate Zoroark already :lol:

12. ProMac Monday 15th Feb 2010 at 16:00

They look awesome. Zoroark kinda reminds me of Shadow.

ONM Must hate Zoroark already :lol:

ONM have no taste in good characters.

13. mtrd_hntr Monday 15th Feb 2010 at 19:01

I hope not. It's just a hairy Lucario wearing make-up. :?

14. flabbytabby Monday 15th Feb 2010 at 19:41

looks awesome, cant wait to catch it and i wonder when the movie is released in engish

15. shadow.x Wednesday 17th Feb 2010 at 05:50

I can't wait for this one!! Its gonna be sooo good!! HOPEFULLY! loool. Ahhh I cant wait till it comes out here!! Have they even thought of a name for the game?