Super Mario Galaxy 2 - New Annotated Trailer!

We point out every detail in last week's video

Last week we showed you Nintendo's new trailer for Super Mario Galaxy, but there's so much in there it can be overwhelming.

That's why Chris has gone through it with a magnifying glass and pointed out every minor detail you may have missed or may not know about.

Check out the video below, and let us know what you think!

(We strongly recommend playing it in 720p and full screen if your computer can handle it)

Comments

1. kirby711 Saturday 6th Mar 2010 at 13:08

How do you know all of the galaxies? Just saying by the way DSi xl is huge!!!

2. ChrisONM Saturday 6th Mar 2010 at 13:10

How do you know all of the galaxies?

Because I played it and took notes :)

3. Jimmybidz Saturday 6th Mar 2010 at 13:14

whats the story line to this, has bowser stole princess peach again ?

4. Cribster Saturday 6th Mar 2010 at 13:17

Really useful, but I thought that you pointed out a few obvious things, such as the electrified fields?

5. Gavin Rozee Saturday 6th Mar 2010 at 13:19

I find it unfortunate that you recommend viewing it in a HD resolution that the actual Wii cannot output.

6. LiamGodOfFood Saturday 6th Mar 2010 at 13:25

Cheers Chris for the info, game looks pretty good, better than the previous game, but my only concern is how fresh they will make it seem- whether or not it will seem the same as the first game. And if Yoshi gets a decent length appearance or not. And whether there will be any incentive to complete the game after finishing the story.

But still, this game looks quite good.

7. timmytiger7 Saturday 6th Mar 2010 at 13:34

Looks good! But I'm not gunna get it... I don't really like platformer's you see... (A lot of you ONMers start going :shock: )

8. Munchlax OWNS Saturday 6th Mar 2010 at 13:35

... You basically stated the obvious.
    But yeah, great trailer.

9. TheLegendOfNinte Saturday 6th Mar 2010 at 13:55

How do you know all of the galaxies?

Because I played it and took notes :)

Ahhh, im soo soo sooooo envious of you! I can't believe you actually got to have a go at this :/. I can't wait until June 14th, it's my dad's birthday ya see and im sure he wants it ;). So was it amazing? I'm going to go play the first one again in preparation!

10. Hylian_Grouch Saturday 6th Mar 2010 at 14:44

are you sure those are the first 3d paragoombas?

11. Ai64 Saturday 6th Mar 2010 at 15:05

Thanks chris. Great trailer.

12. mariotime64 Saturday 6th Mar 2010 at 15:27

MINE!!!!!!

13. FriarLawrenceIII Saturday 6th Mar 2010 at 16:11

Very good, and informative. Though i don't see the point in a 480p game having a 720p trailer...

14. MarioGirl64 Saturday 6th Mar 2010 at 16:41

omg omg omg omg i can't wait!!!!!!!!!

:D:D:D:D

15. Drig786 Saturday 6th Mar 2010 at 16:45

wheres luigi at ?

also cant wait to play this :33

16. eleventh hour Saturday 6th Mar 2010 at 18:27

Sorry to point this out, but it wasn't Flipswitch galaxy in the trailer - that was in the first dome in the original Galaxy. The one you mean here is the Flipswap Galaxy.

As for the rest, cool, if a bit stuff-we-knew-before-y.

17. Dragon2468 Saturday 6th Mar 2010 at 18:35

DAMN IT TO HELL the annotations don't work on my mac!!!!! gggrrrrrrrrrrr

18. TyrDragon Saturday 6th Mar 2010 at 20:10

playing 720p on fullscreen on my TV/monitor was like having the actual game playing on my tv!:O amazing

19. nintendo_guy Sunday 7th Mar 2010 at 07:11

MINE!!!!!!

Not if I can get it first!

20. ShadowofPain Sunday 7th Mar 2010 at 10:22

whats the story line to this, has bowser stole princess peach again ?

All that we really know of the story right now is that it continues on from Galaxy 1's weird and wonderful ending.

21. Mmmyeah Sunday 7th Mar 2010 at 10:40

very well done. now do other m!

22. Super_Sonic96 Sunday 7th Mar 2010 at 13:06

Awesome trailer, but still no sign of Luigi, Wario or Waluigi...I really want them in the game!

23. layton lover Sunday 7th Mar 2010 at 13:55

Nice one Chris. :D

That dragon boss looks immense but i'm most excited about the piantas returning (even though they aren't in the trailer) as Sunshine is my fav Mario game hands down.

One petty criticism (of the trailer, not the annotations) is the simplistic galaxy names.

24. Sonic Freak Sunday 7th Mar 2010 at 15:13

Remember the old hidden message on the front cover of super mario galaxy where the on the big words SUPER MARIO GALAXY there was a tiny star on the bottem of a random letter, and the if you put those letters together it would spell 'u r mr gay' on this title it spell 'u r mi aly' sounds like you are my alli

25. LiamGodOfFood Sunday 7th Mar 2010 at 17:18

...wtf?

:?

26. MARION64WII Sunday 7th Mar 2010 at 21:07

...wtf?

:?

*sigh* What he means is, on the first games box art, there were small white stars underneath some letters. U, R, M, R, G, A, Y. These letters, when removed from the others. Spell out ur mr gay. This was noted on youtube and various other websites. This put some people off playing the origional because they thought nintendo were srewing them over again. (First being the very first toad sprite stickicng his middle fingers at you when you rescue him in the first mario game.) People are now looking at those stars to find out what it spells this time around. You get it now?

27. LiamGodOfFood Sunday 7th Mar 2010 at 21:21

...wtf?

:?

Sorry, never heard that from anyone before.

My apologies for drawing your patronising sarcasm.

28. MARION64WII Sunday 7th Mar 2010 at 21:34

...wtf?

:?

Sorry, never heard that from anyone before.

My apologies for drawing your patronising sarcasm.

I think I should apologize for being rude, ive had a bad day. More people are giving me bullcrap on how the 360 is better.

29. LiamGodOfFood Sunday 7th Mar 2010 at 21:48

...wtf?

:?

Sorry, never heard that from anyone before.

My apologies for drawing your patronising sarcasm.

Ahhh, the poor misguided fools...

30. samus_killer Sunday 7th Mar 2010 at 22:49

Lol at the above, I thought the same about the infamous 'UR MR GAY', so I paused it on the new title screen.
    Also I get my mate always slating the Wii, but he does it for fun, as he really likes NSMBW multiplayer. I always slate the PS3 (his prefered console) even though I do enjoy it, I just do it for fun. It annoys me with the console wars, especially on sites like youtube, they are all great consoles for their own merits, its sad really... I just enjoy games full stop, so will always have a soft spot for Nintendo. So June can't come soon enough!

31. GoombaInDisguise Monday 8th Mar 2010 at 18:22

The only thing that I'm worried about with the game is that there's no sign of Rosalina. She was a really interesting Character and it'd be great to see her back.

32. Evil_Toad Monday 8th Mar 2010 at 18:29

Love the Gobblegut things they look cool

In fact love all of it.
    Also I think if there was Mario and Luigi Co-op then they would have anounced it and made a bg thing about it like in NSMBWii

Also can anyone make me a Crash Bandicoot Scribblenaut Avatar? Please? Or a Kirby one?

33. EveA Tuesday 9th Mar 2010 at 18:27

Am I the only one that sees that the 'planet' in the shape of Mario's head is a ship? I think it will be a 'hub' much like the observatory in SMG. You can see this in the screenshot of two different galaxies and the Mario head in the middle. Also, c'mon. It has a steering wheel.

34. GoombaInDisguise Wednesday 10th Mar 2010 at 17:18

I did notice that. It looks rather Ace.

35. bowser jrfan Wednesday 10th Mar 2010 at 18:48

:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D OMG JR IS IN IT YAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAY this game looks good brilliant i hope yoshi gets to come with you everywhere :D

36. RandomWatchMan Wednesday 10th Mar 2010 at 20:44

Is this a fault on the nintendo website, or a hint of the future?

http://www.nintendo.co.uk/NOE/en_GB/sys ... _1072.html

At the bottom of the page it says: Graphics Processing Unit, being developed with ATI.

Could it be? Wii HD?

37. ChrisONM Thursday 11th Mar 2010 at 14:27

Is this a fault on the nintendo website, or a hint of the future?

http://www.nintendo.co.uk/NOE/en_GB/sys ... _1072.html

Could it be? Wii HD?

It'll just be an old page. ATI developed the Wii's GPU.

38. Game_Guy567 Tuesday 16th Mar 2010 at 21:01

I can't wait for this game!:x