Pokémon Black and White: What we know

28/06/10 update: All the 5th generation facts

The first we heard about Pokémon Black and White was on 29 January when it was announced that the next generation of Pokémon games would be released on DS in Japan this year. Then a week later the speculation really began as a silhouette of Zoroark was revealed. Then came the pictures of the first two monsters of the fifth generation but still we knew nothing about the games until the news broke that they would be called Pokémon Black and White. Then came the first official screenshots followed by the video. Now we know that we'll have to wait until next year for Black and White to be released in the UK. Talk about dragging things out!

We know what you'd like to see in Pokémon Black and White but here we are just going to stick to the facts. It will be updated as we learn more...

The Name

The Pokémon Company revealed the name of the game on 9 April, getting in there before the Pokémon Sunday TV show revealed the first details. Called Pokémon Black and White, it sees Pokémon returning to colours (yes, we know that black and white aren't technically colours) for the first time since the first generation (Red, Blue and Yellow) were released in the late 90s. Since then the games have been named after minerals, metals and molluscs!

The Games

Release Date

Pokémon Black and White will be released in Japan on 18 September 2010 and we'll have to wait until Spring 2011 for them to released in the UK, just as we predicted. To be honest it wasn't hard to predict. The Pokémon games are huge and feature plenty of dialogue so we usually have to wait a while for them to be translated for Europe. For example, HeartGold and SoulSilver came out in Japan in September 2009 but were only released in the UK in March 2010.

Enhanced Visuals

Junichi Musada, Director at the Pokémon Company did say it will feature enhanced visuals and as we can see from the first screenshots and the first gameplay video below, he was right. The 3D visuals look much improved and we can now see more of your Pokémon in the battle scenes.

Also, as revealed in the Starter battle gameplay video, the Pokémon move in battle and the attack animations are much improved.

New Features

As with any new Pokémon games we can expect new features. Coro Coro magazine reveals that there is now a shop in the Pokemon Center and that there will be a vehicle that you can ride in the game. Judging by what Junichi Masuda and Shigeki Morimoto told us recently, we wouldn't expect a complete revamp. Morimoto said "I think the games need something familiar combined with new elements." while Masuda's philosophy is to "create a game that anybody, including those who have never played before, can enjoy."

Previous 1 2 3 4 5 Next page

Comments

1. DarkJelly Saturday 10th Apr 2010 at 07:10

Ooh... Please make it a 3DS launch game; that'll make people buy the 3DS!

2. Flame Sky Saturday 10th Apr 2010 at 08:15

I am going to wait until the yellow crystal emerald platinum version come out (if that makes sense)

3. Somax Saturday 10th Apr 2010 at 08:17

I can't wait for the next news abaut Pokemon Black and White. I love my new Pokemon Heart Gold version (like I wrote before), but I think that the series needs something very new, very refreshing.

4. TheLupineOne Saturday 10th Apr 2010 at 08:28

Well I'm staying up to watch the tweets fly in. The internet is ready to pounce on any information! Draw any new Pokémon revealed and upload it to deviantART in a matter of minutes!

5. lui_gui Saturday 10th Apr 2010 at 09:58

I reckon that there'll be a new Type of Pokémon - Light - to compliment Dark, kind of like in Fire Emblem. It works for the Black/White contrast anyway...

6. The_Insider Saturday 10th Apr 2010 at 10:18

It's on DS...

and HOLY MEWTWO... I take back my never moving into 3d comment yesterday:

SMEXYNESS IN LINK ABOVE

7. Tailsdreggman Saturday 10th Apr 2010 at 10:19

Everybody head to serebii now! Look at the screenshots!
    LOOK AT THEM! This game is going to be AWESOME!

8. The_Insider Saturday 10th Apr 2010 at 10:20

DRAW!

I win :D

9. kirby711 Saturday 10th Apr 2010 at 10:24

Everybody head to serebii now! Look at the screenshots!
    LOOK AT THEM! This game is going to be AWESOME!

I just saw them now - it looks great!

10. Danikat Saturday 10th Apr 2010 at 10:26

Dissapointed that it'll be on DS. I'd hoped they'd stick to one Pokemon generation per handheld generation, otherwise I'm concerned there won't be enough time to get the full potential from HG/SS.

I'm also skeptical of just how many new features they can find to include in another DS game, but I guess we'll have to wait and see.

Then again it is Pokemon, they've always managed to impress me before.

11. Mastearl Saturday 10th Apr 2010 at 10:37

them screens on serebii are amazing but is it me but are they too wide for a ds, Is this a hint about them being on 3DS?

12. ShadowofPain Saturday 10th Apr 2010 at 10:38

Everybody head to serebii now! Look at the screenshots!
    LOOK AT THEM! This game is going to be AWESOME!

Nice, but what really caught me was the screenshot with Zoaroark and Zorua. That screenshot is being played on a console that definately isn't any model of the DS. The screen seems far too big. Could it be a 3DS?

13. Robbie Keane Saturday 10th Apr 2010 at 10:45

Saw the images on Serebii. I think it will be too powerful for the DS and therefore it will be released on the 3DS.

14. Athrun888 Saturday 10th Apr 2010 at 10:56

That battle screenshot has by far the ugliest battle sprites I've seen in years, please go back to the gen 3 battle engine game freak, you got it right that time!

And what is so powerful about the graphics? They look exactly like the ds ones just from a new perspective, and if the game comes out this year it certainly isn't for the 3ds which is due out NEXT year.

EDIT: Also please excuse the slight aggroness of my post, I'm always like that when I've just woken up.

15. Bruiser Saturday 10th Apr 2010 at 10:58

if it si on the DS and not on the 3DS... why havn't they used 3D graphics before? ;|

Nehoo, I hope the drop Arceus.. seriously, the God of pokemon? creator of the world? Sureley if there was a God on your side it would jsut make the evil co-orperations vanish? :S

16. Googoo12444 Saturday 10th Apr 2010 at 11:13

I dont actually have a DS but, my freind is letting me borrow pokemon yellow. Ive never owned a pokemon game, this might make me get a DS, heart gold/soul silver, and black/white. Allthough my sis will probably steal it, she's addicted to pokemon ever since i got Yellow. Lol

17. scott1and Saturday 10th Apr 2010 at 11:17

......
    ......
    ......
    It wont be on 3ds, why you ask, well because this comes out maybe in october-novemberish this year in japan.
    And the 3DS(name change..please) comes out in march NEXT year so im pretty sure it wont be on "3DS"

:twisted: eat that

18. Gavin Rozee Saturday 10th Apr 2010 at 12:07

I personally believe that it will be a DS game, but when played on a 3DS, the 3D effect will be utilised. So the game's are forward/backward compatible, whichever way you look at it.

Some GB Color games could be played on the older monochrome GB's.

Zelda OoA & OoS were GB Color games, but when played on a GBA they had extra features, AKA - Forward compatible.

19. SHIRAKI Saturday 10th Apr 2010 at 12:30

Nah it's gonna be on the DS. Maybe the screen shots are wider because they're taken on an XL. And the DS is easily capable of that kind of graphics because it looks like they just built up from the graphics of the last series like they've always done. Shame they didn't take a great risk by doing an overhaul on the looks. But, you know people never bought Pokémon because of its graphics.

Also, is that... A curved road!? In a Pokémon game!? Are they mad!? Knowing Nintendo, they have a lot more appealing surprises up their sleeves... Fingers crossed...

ポケットモンスター ぐれい/Pokémon Grey!! Although I probably end up inpatient and buy White and then 'Grey' anyway...

20. master dingley Saturday 10th Apr 2010 at 13:25

New screenshots show that nurse joy doesn't have pink hair anymore :(
    Im now greatly disapointed.

Oh and it looks like the pokemon mart is in the same building as the pokecentre.
    I'm not sure about this new look, HGSS looked fantastic, this all looks a little off to me. Still, time will tell :P
    Looks to actually have a city instead of a few random buildings though, and is that a car on the bridge shot? :O

21. laytonluke911 Saturday 10th Apr 2010 at 13:36

There are pictures!!!! Go on serbii.net they are immense :o Looks like a step in the right direction. And less griddy- more like spirit tracks or ranger :lol:

22. kezz182 Saturday 10th Apr 2010 at 14:11

This game looks freakin epic, putting the pokemart in the pokecentre will make things alot easier.

23. Random-Hero Saturday 10th Apr 2010 at 14:20

Long as Zubat, Machop and Geodude are not in this game, everything shall be ok.

24. TheOriginalFreak Saturday 10th Apr 2010 at 14:24

Wow I am speechless, I looked at the updated pictures on www.serebii.net and the game is so....modernised? Cars, proper towns one sorta looks like a street in Tokyo, and the game is so much more 3-D in the respect of the camera angle it is phenomonal.

25. Laughlyn Saturday 10th Apr 2010 at 15:06

because then they couldnt peddle off 5 games if theyd instantley made them look awesomed, D/P looked good, then plat improved more, HG/SS had 3d intro and more improved graphics, and in its final DS swan song they go all out to make B/W the best they can as the last main pokemon game on DS before startin on 6th gen on 3DS.

on topic tho it looks pretty impressive from the scans on serebii, as for release date too, just look at previous games, they all follow similar release schedule so we'll get this bout march/april 2011.

26. IPecksU Saturday 10th Apr 2010 at 15:09

Battle screens a big improvement. Try using graveller in one of the games already out and you'll see why

27. MrCareca Saturday 10th Apr 2010 at 17:15

this news isn't very clear=P what do you thing?

28. olirocksmad Saturday 10th Apr 2010 at 18:53

Ooh... Please make it a 3DS launch game; that'll make people buy the 3DS!

yes it will but it will also mean that anyone who wants to play the game will have to buy the 3DS...no matter how expensive it is.......

29. Somax Saturday 10th Apr 2010 at 19:03

Ooh... Please make it a 3DS launch game; that'll make people buy the 3DS!

No, No and NO!
    The new game, the Pokemon Black and White, will come for Nintendo DS! And no, nobody has to buy a 3DS to play this game, because its coming for DS!
    And if you watch the official teaser then you can see this yourself: http://www.pokemon.co.jp/bw/index.html or you can just read the first line of what ONM wrote about the release date :wink:

30. tomonm Saturday 10th Apr 2010 at 19:17

I leave the house for the day and look what happens! What a day to have to go to a friend's birthday. I've updated the feature with the new information. The game looks great doesn't it? Can't wait to see the first official pictures. I'm hoping that we'll see a short video on Pokemon Sunday. I'm not leaving the house again!

31. Ceejay Saturday 10th Apr 2010 at 22:05

HOLY MOLY this looks good! We all knew Nintendo had to step up for the next generation, and they seem to be on the right tracks. Can't wait for more info!

32. SamuriFerret Sunday 11th Apr 2010 at 13:45

Named after Moluscs? Am I missing something?

33. demon scutter Sunday 11th Apr 2010 at 13:54

Why do we need more Pokemon? Can't we just have a comprehensive game with every Pokemon available to catch, rather than adding more?

34. Super_Sonic96 Sunday 11th Apr 2010 at 17:12

I'm not bothered whether this is on the DS or 3DS, as long as its a great game. Cant wait, HH and SS are both my fave games in the series yet and if these games can improve on them (which it should) it may well be one of the best games ever.

35. Azuwoy Sunday 11th Apr 2010 at 18:12

And here I was expeting Pokemon Magnesium and Titanium.

36. Swixer-Swaxer Sunday 11th Apr 2010 at 21:47

And here I was expeting Pokemon Magnesium and Titanium.

Still waiting for a Pokemon Cyanide and Chlorine

37. omegoku Monday 12th Apr 2010 at 08:33

The more I look at the battle screen the worse it looks.
    The Sprites are very blocky, after the smooth graphics of HG/SS I am hoping they will be sorted out before release

38. hitmonking Monday 12th Apr 2010 at 11:47

I recon it will come out with the 3ds in a package because of the 3d graphics

:twisted:

39. shadow.x Monday 12th Apr 2010 at 14:30

They are great, I saw the screen shots ages ago !!! its gonna be something completely different!! Looool
    Wow, Pokemon is changing like never before, lol

40. Somax Monday 12th Apr 2010 at 17:11

I recon it will come out with the 3ds in a package because of the 3d graphics

:twisted:

The ONM has alredy written down, at the site where the release date was discussed, that Pokemon Black and White is coming for DS.
    So, you think, that if Pokemon Black and White is a 3D game, its coming for 3DS? Then just look at all the DS games, that have 3D graphics: Kingdom Hearts 358/2 days, Infinite Space, Legend of Zelda (sometimes) and lot more. So 3D graphics is not a reason for the need of a 3DS. :wink:

41. TheOriginalFreak Monday 12th Apr 2010 at 21:19

Gahhh I need this game to come out NOW!xD Only cause on HG all Ihave now to do is beat Red well yeah I have long to go, my highest level is a lv 66 Togekiss and the rest are from 62-64, and I have caught all the legendarys ( besides the roaming ones) (Not boasting They're just tooo easy to catch tis rather boring)I can't wait for this new game. =[

42. TheGodOfSleep Monday 12th Apr 2010 at 23:24

just restarted platinum again so i think ill skip hg ss and get this when it comes out :? but then again every1 sais hg ss are amazing. great now i'm having a pokemon related crisis. time to call a therapist

any sugestions

43. omegoku Tuesday 13th Apr 2010 at 09:23

Get HG or SS.
    Lot more fun than Platinum. the pokemon in HG and SS are mostly Gen 1 and Gen 2 ones, and are more interesting and fun.
    Only thing I miss is my Pokétch. Was handy for many things

44. GoombaInDisguise Tuesday 13th Apr 2010 at 10:19

Hey, what's wrong with the Pokegear? Serves just about the same purpose.

And if you feel like creeping yourself out, listen to the Radio inside Ruins of Alph. Freaky.

45. omegoku Tuesday 13th Apr 2010 at 10:40

Hey, what's wrong with the Pokegear? Serves just about the same purpose.

Nothing wrong with the pokegear but i can't quickly check if my pokemon have made an egg, check the lvs of pokemon in daycare, make notes, or check my pokemons happiness on it.

46. Dark Lucario Tuesday 13th Apr 2010 at 11:52

To be fair, a Pokemon game called Pokemon Black/White was inevitable. But as most pokemon games come in sets of 3 (Red/Blue/Yellow, Gold/Silver/Crystal, Ruby/Saphire/Emerald, Daimond/Pearl/Platinum), what's the 3rd to go with Black and White gonna be called? Pokemon Grey?

After seeing the pics on www.serebii.net , I am AMAZED!!! Cars? The city area? The new Pokemon Centre and Mart?! CANNOT WAIT!!!! :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

47. Dragonfree97 Sunday 18th Apr 2010 at 13:26

I recon it will come out with the 3ds in a package because of the 3d graphics

:twisted:

Things can always be changed... but I wouldn't be suprised if they did a PMD R/B and had one on the DS and one on the 3DS. And the hypothetical Grey version would be on the 3DS. -_-

48. yellowds Sunday 2nd May 2010 at 15:13

Arnt there enough pokemon games in the world. ive compleated firered leafgreen diamond and platinum. there all the same. catch and level up pokemon so u can beat a world thretening evil co-operation and the elete 4. then go on and catch some amazing legend pokemon.
    not gonna buy

49. FriarLawrenceIII Sunday 9th May 2010 at 17:36

not gonna buy

Whilst i agree that the pokémon games need a big update, the fact you effectively bought each game twice isn't helping matters.

Moaning about Platinum being similair to diamond, or red being similair to green is kinda like moaning that the deluxe edition of Avatar (the DVD, due november) is basically the same as the version in the shops now (only with an extra couple of scenes, and some bonus content thrown in). But on a generation basis, the games are too similair.

50. Tailzy Sunday 9th May 2010 at 17:47

not gonna buy

If youve playthrough both versions, then of course theyre going to be too samey.

51. Kolo67 Sunday 9th May 2010 at 18:33

Pokémon on left: Fire ---- Middle: Grass ---- Right: Water.
    I dont know if they will look good, but I look forward to seeing it.
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    They look ok, but my favourite generation of starters was Hoenn. Go Torchick Mudkip and Treeko!

52. Cyberguy Sunday 9th May 2010 at 19:37

One of those starters looks like Turtwig.

And the others look like a duck and a beaver. Can't wait until we see what they look like.

53. MrCareca Sunday 9th May 2010 at 20:28

i don't know who are that pokemon, but...i don't like the sillouetes

54. ZeldaMario9 Monday 10th May 2010 at 13:05

ZOMG I can't wait to see what the starters are, although the one on all fours looks a bit unimaginative.
    The one with the spiky tail I bet will be the water type. And the one on all fours would be the grass type.

55. silverisco Monday 10th May 2010 at 14:17

screw grass fire n water, they shud use new types to start with (electric, ice, ground, etc)

56. IPecksU Monday 10th May 2010 at 22:47

they cud have did what capcom did with the megaman starforce series. 2D world, then rly good graphics on the battle screen.

57. ktt Tuesday 11th May 2010 at 11:00

I think I quite want the starters to be different types. Its just something different isn't it?

58. Charlie0108 Monday 17th May 2010 at 17:39

I could easily see this getting a 95% from ONM.
    Cannot wait for release

59. Gameking53 Saturday 29th May 2010 at 11:55

I really like the look of Zekrom. I'll probably be getting White when it comes out but I hope they reveal more Pokémon soon.

60. Gameking53 Saturday 29th May 2010 at 11:56

61. Everegreen Saturday 29th May 2010 at 12:56

it wuld be nice to have a non-draon legend after pearl/diamond /platinum *sigh* :(

62. ClockMenace Saturday 29th May 2010 at 12:57

Zekram = Awesome.

Reshiram = ???

So, overall, it's 2/9 for the Pokemon I like in this gen...that's actually better than D/P/P.

63. Aladdin Saturday 29th May 2010 at 14:28

You said both Zekram and Reshiram are on the cover for Pokemon Black :wink:

64. lmorr Saturday 29th May 2010 at 14:32
  65. marioman77 Sunday 30th May 2010 at 14:53

When you were talking about the lengendaries, you said both of them were the mascot for Pokemon Black, which cant be possible, and it hasn't yet been officially confirmed which Pokemon is which versions mascot.

66. rose2ko Monday 31st May 2010 at 07:13
  67. re4e1 Monday 31st May 2010 at 12:23

I really want Pokemon White as Zekrom looks like a dominator!
    I also want Mijumaru as my starter because since the first Pokemon game I played (pokemon blue) I have always first chose the water starter.
    I have played on every Pokemon game but black and white are definately gonna create a whole new craze for Pokemon!
    I always love a new region :D

68. mariosmum Monday 31st May 2010 at 15:59

Whoa, this is getting hyped quite a bit. I don't mind though, I'm pretty excited.

I wonder how many people joined this forum just for Pokemon...

69. RogueZee Tuesday 1st Jun 2010 at 09:41

Agreed.

not gonna buy

My LeafGreen Cartridge case feel apart... :(

70. madmajoraman Friday 11th Jun 2010 at 14:16

I think this generation of pokemon is going to be brilliant. So far so good. The only new ones I think aren't brilliant are Gear and Mun'na, and that doesn't mean I don't like them. This is shaping up to be better than Gens III and IV in my opinion.

71. RubberDuckNinja Friday 11th Jun 2010 at 14:24

Serebii has all the pics of the new ones...
    But I gotta ask, What the hell are Munna and Hihidaruma suppose to be?!?
    Munna looks like a small girls piggy bank and Hihidaruma(what a name) looks like an ape crossed with a dog!!!
    Overall though, the designs are looking very good for the new Pokemon, even the new pidgey, called Mamepato, looks like it could be a very strong pokemon, especially with the ability Super Luck.

72. miike1706 Friday 11th Jun 2010 at 15:48

Serebii has all the pics of the new ones...
    But I gotta ask, What the hell are Munna and Hihidaruma suppose to be?!?

I agree, but I think the croc poke is atrocious. It's so easy to get a croc poke right, but they've spoilt it :/

73. GoombaInDisguise Friday 11th Jun 2010 at 17:29

Serebii has all the pics of the new ones...
    But I gotta ask, What the hell are Munna and Hihidaruma suppose to be?!?

What are you saying? The Croc's Awesome. I bet it has epic Evolutions.

74. berky21 Friday 11th Jun 2010 at 18:04

i dont know about you but i am really excited about black and white as i have played (not neccesarilly completed) every pokemon game there is on handhelds

75. omza Friday 11th Jun 2010 at 20:45

Mamepato is the new Spearow, Hoot-Hoot, Taillow, Starly! Always had one of them in my party ever since I started with Blue,

76. Pappi Saturday 12th Jun 2010 at 08:16

Lol, Mamepa

God the bird pokemon are always so boring, but am amused its a pidgeon.

77. Hawksparrow Saturday 12th Jun 2010 at 19:37

The crocodile reminds me too much of Hippopotas. African animal, has the same colouring, and looks like a ground type too.

78. Red-Wolf Thursday 17th Jun 2010 at 17:25

Liking the look of the new Pokemon! My only real problem will be deciding which ones to have in my team. I'll just do what I did with Pearl: catch every single one I see that I've not already got and weed out the losers. Like what I did with Bidoof.

79. Larks Thursday 17th Jun 2010 at 18:53

Gear

LOL :lol:

but the others look quite good

does anyone think they are starting to run out of ideas

80. Videogame_Nut Monday 28th Jun 2010 at 17:43

The black unnamed one looks a lot like medicham (maybe an evolution).
    I really like them but especially the unnamed ones. :D

81. Videogame_Nut Monday 28th Jun 2010 at 17:49

The black, unnamed which I thought looked like an evolution of medicham could be a female (because it looks like a female) evolution of meditite. Maybe you get it with a dawn stone. :?

We'll find out soon enough (not). :D :D :D

82. Goteamoverdrive Friday 9th Jul 2010 at 16:16

Ooh... Please make it a 3DS launch game; that'll make people buy the 3DS!

i think the 3Ds looks a bit.. freacky one sceen is biger than the other and it looks sligtly ugly. i apsolutly LOVE my dsi XL red wine colour lolz. plus does the 3DS have the best free thing that i have found in my whiole enter life.... FLIPNOTE HANTENA!

yeah im a big pokmon fan but i apsolutly HATE the mojority of the new pokemon they look real horrid im glad there doing something new but in my opinion tey have gone drunk DX. Although the only reason i wnt this game is so i can go against a new legaue. i hope there isent some new ev traing sort of thing cause ive only just discverd how to do that.

i wish that it had-
    the pokemon acally moving pokemon they move to hit there oponenrt like in PBR.
    voice response- like in the cartoonz lolz- ARCAINE USE FIRE FAANG! -arcanine uses fire fang
    theres more stuff i wish for but im not gona bother cause it aint gona happen :?

83. Darkxaur Friday 9th Jul 2010 at 21:43

Long as Zubat, Machop and Geodude are not in this game, everything shall be ok.

As much as I would love this to be the case, we all know it's not gonna happen. Oh joy, Zubat hoardes.

84. Crispy xD Saturday 10th Jul 2010 at 19:37

WANT, pre-order'd the JAP white xD

85. C00LI098 Tuesday 13th Jul 2010 at 12:47

This is really shaping up to be the best Pokémon game yet! Some of the new 'mons look really cool and the Isshu region looks like somewhere I sure want to explore.

Now with the news of video chat, I'm even more convinced. Thank you Nintendo! :)

86. KoreeluStromboli Tuesday 13th Jul 2010 at 15:34

According to Serebii.net, Kibago is a Dragon-Type Pokemon; I'm SO going to catch and train one! I wonder if Kibago will evolve into Ononokusu.

Since Kibago was seen in the beta anime art next to Iris, it'll probably be obtainable not so far into Pokemon Black and White, but I won't hold my breath about that.

If the other Pokemon that haven't been revealed yet are as beautifully designed as the Pokemon introduced in Generation 3 (Blaziken, Aggron, Altaria, Flygon, the legendaries etc.), then Generation V will be a "hoot", as Heffer from Rocko's Modern Life would say.

87. Oligi Tuesday 13th Jul 2010 at 17:14

Im soo excited! :) :D :)
    I like pokabu, the chipmunk and reshiram!

88. Oligi Tuesday 13th Jul 2010 at 17:17

Long as Zubat, Machop and Geodude are not in this game, everything shall be ok.

tell me about it! a wild zubat appeared! a wild gulbat appeared. cant escape! AHHH!

89. zapper01 Thursday 15th Jul 2010 at 19:39

Koromori and the crocodile look pretty cool, this generation looks better than the last one.

90. Toastie boy Thursday 15th Jul 2010 at 20:13

Finally something different from the recent pokemon games:)

91. Zen Saturday 17th Jul 2010 at 10:29

I'm probably gonna get Pokemon Black/White regardless of the info -- collecting Pokemon RPG's is like a traditional thing for me.

92. shadow.x Sunday 18th Jul 2010 at 10:30

I think Imma stop looking at the info that is being realised. I want it to be like Pearl and Diamond, completly unexpected, that way everything is new and fresh and exciting !

93. NE1 Thursday 29th Jul 2010 at 09:19

Ononokusu looks pretty similar with the tusks, especially when you look at this;
    I know it's not official but it looks pretty spot on! I hadn't thoguth about connecting those two before, good spot!
    I just hope they make a bit of effort with the 3 legendarys this time, the regi's and 3 psychics last gen all seemed to lack any effort on the design part. I'd love a feline equivalent to match the dogs, like a lion/tiger/panther combo maybe. Why not shake it up and make them dark, psychic and fighting like so many people wanted the starters? I know it's all designed already, but I can hope!

94. WaterMaster230 Thursday 29th Jul 2010 at 10:04

We do have the name of the pokemon in the middle of Rankurusu and Gochiruzeru. On 22nd 2010 Oha Suta revealed in their episode that the pokemon was called Gigaiasu.

Source: Serebii.net

95. WaterMaster230 Thursday 29th Jul 2010 at 10:16

Gear

LOL :lol:

but the others look quite good

does anyone think they are starting to run out of ideas

lol yeah. Though the pokemon look ok. The legendarys are great! Espically Zekrom. A black electric dragon? Pure awsomeness!

96. crazyturtle1234 Thursday 29th Jul 2010 at 15:07

I feel releasing this on the DS is a bit idiotic, given this will be released around the time the 3DS comes out (i.e when the DS finally gives up the ghost and dies a peaceful death of old age, after a fantastic life) so they might as well have released it on the 3DS.

97. Splinter435 Thursday 29th Jul 2010 at 17:00

Has anyone noticed Japan get it roughly half a friggin' YEAR before we do?

98. Ninjastars Friday 30th Jul 2010 at 12:29

......
    ......
    ......

:twisted: eat that

I made an Account JUST so I could tell you that it is more than likely the 3DS is comming to JAPAN this year, Actually it has been confirmed that it will be out in Japan this last quarter. So Eat that! :twisted: So if its comming to the UK nexxt year, so is black and white, use your head. Im not saying that it will be for 3DS only though, cause its not.

99. Everegreen Friday 30th Jul 2010 at 15:35

i dont seem over keen on the new 3-on-3 battles; i don't like the 2-on-2 battles, but I do think that 3-on-3 is a good idea - however, what I don't like, is the added stratigicall/order method - does this take up a turn? also, the 3-on-3 battles might change the Pokemon TGC, which althoguh I don't collect or play, I'd hate to see, as I am into Trading Card Games and hate it when they are changed completely.

100. Goteamoverdrive Monday 2nd Aug 2010 at 20:24

yes the pokemon people are doing something new!.....
    however
    i do not like the approchach to "newness" th new pokemon in my view look very... rubbishy to say the least i like the idea of exploring a new region and so on and so forth but i think theve gone crazy in the head all the stange new feaures like 3 way battle confuses me ...
    i would have likes the game to have a bit more... omth! sorry thats a noice.. not a word
    like maybe coice reponce O.o
    or just a plain double battle with your friends you and 1 other friend one side to friends the other, and maybe a tourney seter where u and a bunch of friends gatther and make at ourney O.o i have more ideas but id just bore u so.. bye!

101. hypersonic Tuesday 10th Aug 2010 at 19:58

ummm, Dont know if anyones noticed but it says the american release date is spring 2010 but thats already been.

Anyway looking forward this game gonna choose pokaba or the otter one cuz i don't like the look of the snake one it looks too smug

102. GamesCom.net Sunday 19th Sep 2010 at 22:04

NOA is on a big rampage to get all screens removed from fan sites!