The Perfect Pokémon Game

Ten ways I'd improve HeartGold and SoulSilver

Having now put 70+ hours into Pokémon HeartGold, I'd like to think I'm in a decent position to give suggestions on how to improve the series. These aren't so much huge decisions that could change the mechanics of the game as a whole, as little niggly things that, 70 hours in, now infuriate me as I play HeartGold. If I had my way, I'd make all the following changes before Pokémon Black and White are released.

1) Let me turn off unnecessary animations

There are times when I want to catch a rare Pokémon so I'm spending time walking back and forth through tall grass. Eventually, I encounter a Pokémon. My chap stops walking, the screen flashes numerous times, dramatic music plays, there's an annoying animation of grass flying past, and after all this... it's a Rattata. I know there's an option to remove battle animations, and I already have that enabled, but I'd love another one that lets you skip straight to the two Pokémon facing each other, allowing me to just choose 'Run' and move on quickly. Speaking of which...

2) Less Rattata

Seriously. How many times does a Rattata turn up? They're everywhere, and I just run every time. They're worth almost no Exp and they're rubbish. Less Rattata, more varied weak Pokémon please. At least that way I can expand my Pokédex a bit quicker instead of going for 'Run' every time.

3) Less annoying evolution requirements

I can just about handle evolutions that require you to trade a Pokémon while it's holding an item. It seems a bit over-the-top but whatever. What really annoys me though is the Pokémon that can only evolve if they're happy. It would be annoying but fair enough if it was necessary for only one or two Pokémon, but as it is I've got a Golbat, Chansey, two Eevees, a shiny Pichu, a Togepi and a Budew all sitting in my box waiting to be cheered up.

4) Make the Battle Frontier more exciting

Every time I go to the Battle Frontier I get excited, then I remember that it's actually really disappointing. I wish you could use it to evolve your Pokémon, or at the very least I wish it would give you Battle Points a lot quicker so you don't spend an eternity playing just so you can afford a Razor Fang.

5) Let me choose where to put Pokémon I've caught

I'm a bit OCD so I have a habit of renaming my boxes and sorting them into different categories. My first box is called BEASTS and it's where all my super-strong and Legendary Pokémon go. The next couple of boxes are just general ones I've caught, Box 5 is called EVOLVE and it's where I put the Pokémon I still need to evolve, and Box 6 is where I store all the Unown and alternative Pokémon I've caught (shinies, spiky-eared Pichu, etc). I hate how, when I catch a Pokémon, the game automatically puts it in the box I was last looking at in the Poké Centre. I don't want to put Tauros in EVOLVE, so give me an option to put it somewhere else so I don't have to spend 15 minutes arranging everything later on.

6) Please stop asking me if I want to use an HM

I'm in a cave, and the room has loads of rocks in it. I go over to a rock and press A. "This rock looks like it can be broken! Would you like to use Rock Smash?" Yes. I then have to watch an animation where my trainer thrusts his Pokeball into the air, a Pokémon zips by and the rock breaks. I move on to the second rock. "This rock looks like it can be broken! Would you like to use Rock Smash?" This is really infuriating. If I'm standing in front of a waterfall and pressing A, of course I want to use Waterfall. If I'm in front of a rocky hill and pressing A, I obviously want to use Rock Climb. Why go through this rigmarole every time? If I enter a dark cave and I have a Pokemon with Flash, why not just light the cave?

Previous 1 2 Next page

Comments

1. cp.06 Tuesday 4th May 2010 at 16:03

#9 is so true and made my day. Thanks Chris! XD

2. chaz 1805 Tuesday 4th May 2010 at 16:05

Add diagonal walking and change the ancient battle system........*Braces Self!*

But seriously though, I agree with all of those points you just mentioned, even if they are just minor niggles. Another thing I'm annoyed at in SS is that in Kanto I was expecting some really powerful wild Pokemon to train up my team, but all it has are low-levelled Ratatta!

3. BlueSoup8 Tuesday 4th May 2010 at 16:11

I. Agree. With. Absolutely. EVERYTHING.

4. sgu07dh Tuesday 4th May 2010 at 16:13

the radio is also annoying as it turns off after every wild pokemon encounter!

If i turn the lullaby on i expect it to stay on! (i never shell out on repels, too tight with my moeny, and the ones i find get used instantly)

there's never enough variety in pokemon types at the start of the games. I end up picking the same monsters over and over as i prefer to take an exclusive squad with me from start to finish.

Plus I miss the poketech from diamond and pearl. I know the gear was in the original but I miss the tech upgrades esp the type/damage calculator

5. Heroofhyrule Tuesday 4th May 2010 at 16:16

As for the thing where you're looking for a legendary pokémon in the grass, just use a repel, that way, only the legendary will appear.

6. m_lockier Tuesday 4th May 2010 at 16:16

too small, i want to explore more than just the two worlds, do we have to wait for ruby, saphire, before we have to go to hoenn again,

and breedin just to get those baby pokemon that you cant catch wild,

hopefully all these faults be sorted out for Pokemon Black and Pokemon White

7. PK_Koopa Tuesday 4th May 2010 at 16:17

Make critical hits les frquent.
    I mean seriously I lost the battle arcade twice because all 3 of my pokemon were OHKO'd because of criticals.
    The worst thing about it is that I lost at the frontier brain (both times) meaning I have to do all 20 battles again.

8. ChrisONM Tuesday 4th May 2010 at 16:20

It's not legendaries I'm looking for though, just rare ones. Ones that only appear on one route and have a low chance of appearing, for example.

9. Flash7 Tuesday 4th May 2010 at 16:22

*ring ring, ring ring*
    "Hello?"
    "Hey Chris! It's Joey! You know my Rattata? Well, he's different than other Rattatas."
    "I know Joey, you told me this yesterday."
    "It's like my Rattata is in the top percentage of Rattatas."
    "Are you even listening to me? You've told me this already."
    "Just wanted to tell you that. Bye!" *click*
    *ring ring, ring ring*
    "Hello, Joey speaking!"
    "I hate you."

:lol:

10. griffo2k6 Tuesday 4th May 2010 at 16:23

Make HMs items instead of rubbish moves. Every time I want to use any of them I have to get some rubbish Pokemon out of the box (i.e. Tentacruel for all the water-based ones), and it just seems unnecessary. It also means that you sometimes don't have your full squad for important battles e.g. to reach Red you need Rock Climb and to reach Blaine you need Surf.

11. rag33 Tuesday 4th May 2010 at 16:24

:idea: id like the abillaty to go into challanger mode when you just stand still and trainers come to you.the levels would be the avrage of the route you stop.

also when you have beten all the gyms you can start you own and costumize it with parts from other gyms and call up people to train in it.you coud then shere them via wi-fi or wireless.

12. sgu07dh Tuesday 4th May 2010 at 16:29

Surf is a decent move at least but yeah the other HMs are pretty weak

13. Deanio Tuesday 4th May 2010 at 16:30

Right I would like there to be a separate move box for outside battles which pokemon can learn hms that are practically useless and so it doesn't waste a battle slot

14. Darth_Breen Tuesday 4th May 2010 at 16:37

Better battle cries. Seriously, they've had the same ones for almost 15 years. They could do with some refreshed ones, or take the ones from the anime. And make the over world Pokemon sprites look more like the monsters that are using the move, and not some generic blob that doesn't really look like anything.

15. ChojiMunch Tuesday 4th May 2010 at 16:45

I agree with what you said about the boxes - that so annoys me :/ It's not so much a change, but it would be awesome if they brought back the underground and/or secret bases :)

16. monthebiffy10 Tuesday 4th May 2010 at 16:46

OMG number 9 :lol:
    Chris = LEGEND!

17. xzeldax Tuesday 4th May 2010 at 16:48

The constant phone calls and pc boxes annoy me the most! #9 actually made me lol! :D

This.

18. JRush Tuesday 4th May 2010 at 16:59

HAHA! Chris you make me laugh :-D In the older games it was Zubat that really annoyed me. The caves were always my least favourite :-)

19. jimnasium Tuesday 4th May 2010 at 17:02

Ok so you have informed us all of the annoying things that we already know so why don't you inform everyone of how your pokedex quest is coming along? I am intrigued to know how you are getting on!

20. Cunzy1 1 Tuesday 4th May 2010 at 17:04

The boxes are a big cock up because that has been changed to be bad.

The flying thing was frustrating all those years ago too...

21. mrrix32 Tuesday 4th May 2010 at 17:06

I'm just glad you are now able to fly to the Indigo Plateau from either region, rather than having to get the train to Kanto and then flying from there.

Not being able to delete phone numbers is really annoying me >:(

22. yoshi1990 Tuesday 4th May 2010 at 17:08

I want to get Exp at the Battle Frontier and the trainer house in viridian city.

23. Flyingleaf Tuesday 4th May 2010 at 17:08

#9 Made me laugh so much! So yes I would cut out the pointless phone calls- I only want the ones where you are (ridiculously rarely) challenged to battle again.

I would have liked to have seen the VS Seeker or something similar to make training easier and not so boring! I can't be the only one who is bored to tears of battling the same wild pokemon over and over again just to level your team up!

24. Nintenmole56 Tuesday 4th May 2010 at 17:14

Battle animation or at least pokemon moving/having better reactions theres a good 3 wasted seconds of pwning time whilst my pokemon decides it was hurt so much that shuddering is the awnser to the problem...

25. neongiratina Tuesday 4th May 2010 at 17:17

I dont want to be slapped across the face with a diagonal mudkip :(

26. Maxz Tuesday 4th May 2010 at 17:18

I'd agree with pretty much everything you've put there.

One solution to points 8 and 10 would be to release, or update Pokemon Ranch into the equivalent of Pokemon Box, where you could quickly upload hundreds of Pokemon from one game onto the system, and then unload onto another in a matter of minutes.

27. elsywelsy Tuesday 4th May 2010 at 17:21

I label my boxes my number, then the last is unown.
    But that way, I have to breed and evolve each pokemon. It'll be worth it though...

28. Ceejay Tuesday 4th May 2010 at 17:29

This article: win. #9 had me in stitches especially

29. shadow.x Tuesday 4th May 2010 at 17:31

2, 3, 6, 7, 9 are soooooooooooooooooooooooo true!!! It infuriates me!! If Nintendo weren't so *pusillanimous in changing the format abit into how the players want, it might make the game more enjoyable!!

*Read My Sig. :D

30. ArmouredSwampert Tuesday 4th May 2010 at 17:34

All of this is true. I mean, for example, the flying one. Mt Silver is closer to kanto than new bark town, but I can't fly to Saffron city from there? Weird :?

31. Cyberguy Tuesday 4th May 2010 at 17:34

I agree about flying between the two regions. It's so slow.

Actaully, Chris, I agree with everything you said as well as some of the people here's suggestions.

32. Athrun888 Tuesday 4th May 2010 at 17:37

My main gripe, the stupidly low catch rate of legendary mon, throwing Dusk balls is a pain and once I've paralysed my target and got it down to 1 hp it should be half dead, yet it still has the energy to break out of dusk balls.
    It's not fun, or an actual challenge, just very tedious, especially if your after a particular nature.

33. unclekevo Tuesday 4th May 2010 at 17:47

Another one is the Pokemon Centre, it gets very annoying when your Pokemon are poisoned or something and you have to keep saying Yes rather than the nurse automatically healing your pokemon.

Also, earlier in the game if your Pokemon are low in HP and you need to get to a Pokemon centre but there are trainers looking to battle, you should be able to stop any Pokemon battles both with trainers and wild pokemon until you get to the centre.

Finally, it can be very annoying when you catch a Pokemon in somewhere like Safari Zone or generally in the wild and the exact same Pokemon keep appearing. After catching it you shouldn't be able to face one again for a given period like an hour.

34. Buffaloknob Tuesday 4th May 2010 at 17:53

You cant fly from Route28 to Mt.Silver.
    If you dont know where Route28 is, check your map and agree with me that it IS VERY FRUSTRATING!

35. GoombaInDisguise Tuesday 4th May 2010 at 17:58

I have a few Changes.

1. As with Rattata, there are too. Many. Tentacool. They're the only pokemon you'll get surfing in the Ocean, apart from Tentacruel, which is basically the same thing.

2. Make weak pokemon encounters less likely later in the game. If you've got a Level 60 Gyarados, for example, I hardly think a Level 7 Rattata would even bother with a Second look.

3. What did they do with the Music?! Viridian Forest and Lavender Town sound wrong. They're supposed to be Creepy places full of Bugs.

36. nintyspong3826 Tuesday 4th May 2010 at 18:02

Just a small thing I thought of, but I'd like to see more of the evil Team (whoever they are in the next one), and for them to have more varied Pokemon.

In the last two "generations" of Pokemon (I am counting HG/SS as the latest generation here), they have brought more depth to the Teams, giving them the Commanders and such, which I think was a good step forward. The variation is nice!
    It's annoying, (almost as annoying as those Rattata), when you have just got to the start of one of the teams' hideouts, and you know full well you are going to have to kill tons of Koffing, Weezing, Ekans, Rattata, Stunky, Arbok or whatever, before you get to a nice big cheese who has decent, varied Pokemon who put up a bit of a fight. Only then can you feel mighty and amazing with you level 30 Pokemon!

I'd like to see maybe a few more appearances throughout the game, with a larger selection of Pokemon. No real criminal gang would try to take over the world, and catch the macky Pokemons of time and Space, Land and Sea or whatever, with an army of weak smelly balloons and snakes. (Obviously, no real criminal gang would have Pokemon, but in this argument they would!)

37. Dragonfree97 Tuesday 4th May 2010 at 18:12

Lavender town isn't covered in bugs :P

Either way, the flying thing annoys me most. I want to fly from Route 48 to Lavender. That's OK, bit too long for Fearow. But I can't fly from Mt. Silver to Viridian? I mean, come on. I can fly from New Bark to Cianwood, so why not Silver to Viridian? Oh, I get it now. :) Passport control!

38. Locarii Tuesday 4th May 2010 at 18:23

I really agree with a lot of these. HMs and battle animations, and flying too. Mainly battle animations. Plus, more varied Pokemon in routes would be nice, I agree.

However...
    I do like the battle frontier.
    I know Hoenns was better, but it's still great. Plus, taking it on with friends is awesome. It shouldn't be about levelling up Pokemon, thats not the point of it. The point of it is luck. Also, although some appearance rates are really low, I believe rare Pokemon should still stay rare. It's more of an accomplishment when you catch it that way.

39. Linkfan42 Tuesday 4th May 2010 at 18:33

Does anyone else find it weird that you can fly from Victory Road, Mt Silver or Indigo Plateau to Johto, but NOT from Tohjo Falls? Surely that would be a lot easier for a Pokémon...

40. codcam2 Tuesday 4th May 2010 at 18:36

No. 9 is truly what EVERYONE thinks. i would also like to add that i agree with all of them, but aren't they all just minor annoyances (except no.9). other than that, it's a really good game. i'm up to 207 Jhoto and 234 National. working on a team for a championship in the next few years.

41. microhenry Tuesday 4th May 2010 at 18:48

1. Remove friend codes, make a more robust online system.

2. Graphical overhaul:
    -overworld use graphics similar to Pokemon Colosseum
    -battles use graphics similar to Pokemon Stadium (hopefully better)

3. Give the series darker undertones, make it more adult.

4. Mix up the formula, shake up the '8 gyms + league' structure.

5. Give us a thrilling, involving story. Get a professional writer to do it as opposed to the storyboard monkeys at Game Freak. Perhaps some member of Team Rocket kills your family and you embark on a quest of revenge.

6. Stop holding the player's hand. At the beginning of each game there is a lot of tutorial rubbish which should be able to be turned off.

7. Record new Pokemon cries. The DPPt ones are acceptable, but when a Gengar appears it sounds like my DS is chundering.

8. Overhaul the HM system. Either let the player carry 8 Pokemon (6 for battle, 2 for HM slaves) or just remove the HMs completely.

9. Streamline the gameplay and make it faster. As said in the article remove all the animations via options in the menu etc.

10. Make it harder. I don't want to be able to finish it easily. Ensure that 70% of people don't finish the game due to its difficulty. Make the opponents punishing, have them use tactics found in the metagame.

11. Are you the only one ever to undertake a journey with Pokemon? I don't think so. At the beginning of the game show others queuing up to receive Pokemon, meet other trainers with their own agendas on your journey. For example, if you defeat the league after 60 hours then you will be slower than some of these AI trainers but faster than others.

12. Make breeding easier, allow you to put Pokemon straight from the box into the daycare.

13. Overhaul the PC system, make it faster and easier to use.

14. Once you win the league you should be a celebrity. Make people's speech different. Access to special stock in the shops etc.

15. Stop making the legendaries ridiculously powerful. Managing to catch the god of life, the universe and everything in a little tiny ball is retarded. Have the game state that all the professors were wrong about Arceus, Dialga etc. It turns out that they were genetically engineered by Team Rocket in secret. Mew is still the ancestor of all Pokemon though.

16. Stop making new Teams (Galactic, Magma etc). Team Rocket is the best. Make them more sinister too.

17. Moral choices, branching story paths.

phew...

42. ale96gamer Tuesday 4th May 2010 at 18:49

*ring ring, ring ring*
    "Hello, Joey speaking!"
    "I hate you."
    :D i lold

43. scott1and Tuesday 4th May 2010 at 18:52

I have a great idea, what if you person could "move" to the new game (region), keeping all your boxes and maybe even unlocking an extra little sumthin in the new game.
    Maybe like some special clothes or a holiday house(maybe). This would save time trading countless beasties over from one game to another.

44. Wiimote Tuesday 4th May 2010 at 19:03

I agree with alot of opinions that Chris and other people have put but what i would change is the wifi settings so the game can work with WEP & WPA. So everyone can get special event pokemon not just people who have there routers set to WEP :twisted:

45. Lucario Tuesday 4th May 2010 at 19:23

The flying twice to get from Johto to Kanto annoys me alot. But say I want to go from The Lake of Rage to Viridian City. I would have to go
    Lage of Rage > Victory Road > Viridian City.
    Despite this, it is still faster than the useless train. In which I would have to go
    Lake of Rage > Goldenrod City > Saffron City > Viridian City.

Surely a mighty Lugia wouldn't get knackered on the Lake of Rage to Viridian journey.

46. Light Yagami Tuesday 4th May 2010 at 19:43

I think the latest games should have included some of the better aspects from previous ones.

1) I would have included the secret base, or at least the underground idea back in. I rather liked the ones in Ruby/Sapphire/Emerald where you could make them around Hoenn, where if you mixed records you could battle your friend in their base. This would be a good way to earn experience.

2) I would also like for the bases to be bigger and with less limitations, it's nice to have it unique but it's a bit annoying you can only place so many items in your base. An Animal Crossing style house would be nice, multiple floors would be a bonus. They should also add a few things so you can check your friend's battle records, trainer cards and pokedex for example too.

3) More multiplayer activities, the pokeathlon is a nice addition, but I think more should be done about multiplayer that isn't battling, and 8 player would be awesome as pretty much everyone has a DS with a pokemon game.

I'll probably think of some more later but these are just at the top of my head. I also agree with the HM as a separate slot to the regular battle moves. I actually clicked on the comments so I could suggest this, but I was beaten to it.

47. ash128 Tuesday 4th May 2010 at 19:46

I would just like a bigger world to explore :/ The distance between most towns is not that big. I want it sort of free roaming so you can go several different paths to there rather than one route.
    I would love to be able to choose to be a coordinator or a trainer or if not both. And the contests could could be made better and more competitive and even go online maybe. I want more of a story involvment in each area or town. Like several sepearte areas. NOw you just walk in do the gym and walk out the town, unless the evil team is doing something in that particular town. Pokelthalon should stay. More side quests and just make the game longer. the games now are starting to feel just a little bit linear. Variation can easily be achieved by just adding more different stores that detract from the main one.
    and i agree with the HMs being seperate from the moveset.

48. IG-42 Tuesday 4th May 2010 at 19:57

have you heard luxray in the anime? i can do better it sounds like a thirty year old blowing her nose while saying it and for the less rattata i'm suprised caves weren't mentioned for high encounter rates especially the running and cycling raising encounter rate. microhenry on your storyline gripes go play something made by bioware. athrun legendary catch rates are nothing compared to beldum on platinum *spazams*. chaz....boot to the head

49. TheAPERSON Tuesday 4th May 2010 at 20:04

Ah the good old days of the nurses saying "We hope to see you again." An RPG line that will be right up there with "You Spoony Bard"

50. kezz182 Tuesday 4th May 2010 at 20:12

I agree with like everything you said chris and everyone else. Especially the box one I always organise my boxes into SHINY, LEGENDS, EGGS, EVOLVE.... etc and what I want is for when you catch a pokemon it doesn't go to the last box you were on, you should get to choose what box the pokemon goes to :evil:

51. luigi64 Tuesday 4th May 2010 at 20:23

9) No more pointless phone calls
    *ring ring, ring ring*
    "Hello?"
    "I know Joey, you told me this yesterday."
    "It's like my Rattata is in the top percentage of Rattatas."
    "Are you even listening to me? You've told me this already."
    "Just wanted to tell you that. Bye!" *click*
    *ring ring, ring ring*
    "Hello, Joey speaking!"
    "I hate you."
    This made me laugh although I agree it's always the same people ringing up and saying the same thing , it gets annoying after a while.

52. fred fredburger Tuesday 4th May 2010 at 20:30

i think when you beat the elite 4 the first time it would be cool t have sum random facts. like what move you used most, pokemon killed most etc.

53. layton lover Tuesday 4th May 2010 at 20:47

OMG, I laughed so much at the phone call. Very funny.

I want to see an improvement on the GTC, when you put a Pokemon up for trade you should have the option to see all options, not choose 1 pokemon.

Also you should be able to see more than 3 options when you look for a trade.

54. Snizzbut Tuesday 4th May 2010 at 21:09

agree with all except 3) youre just lazy chris its easy to make them happy feed them battle with them or just put them in your party and walk around.

Also BRING BACK CONTESTS FROM RSE!!! You felt like a proper coordinator now its like oooohhh ive dressed it up in pink fluffles now im dancing with it god it makes me sick its so damn pink why are contests so girly now? you cant even use your attacks to damage the other pokemon, and they where really hard in ruby took me ages to get the 5 paintings and extra star on my trainer card.

1. Remove friend codes, make a more robust online system.

2. Graphical overhaul:
    -overworld use graphics similar to Pokemon Colosseum
    -battles use graphics similar to Pokemon Stadium (hopefully better)

3. Give the series darker undertones, make it more adult.

4. Mix up the formula, shake up the '8 gyms + league' structure.

13. Overhaul the PC system, make it faster and easier to use.

17. Moral choices, branching story paths.

phew...

Have you tried pokemon ranger? great story and nice change to the same old pokemon, feels much more like pokemon should be. 2nd ones the best IMO

55. nintendorama Tuesday 4th May 2010 at 21:16

ring ring ring
    hey billy it's lyra. i was just walking with my marril and it suddenly evolved into azumarril
    *goes to lyra's bedroom* no it didn't you liar!

56. Clancy Tuesday 4th May 2010 at 22:03

Another save file I hate deleting my old file with my 'mons it's one of the hardest decisions ever, though the amount of data pokemon must require for one save file it seems unlikely

57. Axl-Dark Tuesday 4th May 2010 at 23:04

I agree with everything on the list, but you forgot one thing. Walking.

Walking on HGSS is incredibly slow! Even the running shoes, the speed of running on HGSS is about the same speed as walking on the original Red Version! Biking is good though, but the original's biking speed was much faster.

Plus, It would've been great to see more of the badass Team Rocket. They don't appear often.

58. nintyspong3826 Tuesday 4th May 2010 at 23:16

I'd also like to see an improvement on the HM's.

I think that they were a simple, yet pure genius idea, and have been a key part to the Pokemon games' stories; they solve the problem of you wondering off with low level Pokemon early on in the game, and make it easy to keep rare items, powerful trainers and Pokemon away from you, until they are needed/you are strong enough to fight them. There is one problem with them though, and that is summed up in two words: Rock Smash.

This annoying move has been forced upon trainers for over a decade now. It is a great field move idea, but it is an extremely annoying battle move, the reasons for which I don't have to go into, we all know why we hate it! I think it would be great if, instead of some of the specific HMs, your Pokemon can use other moves to perform the same tasks. For example, moves like Cross Chop, Double Kick, Karate Chop etc, could all be used instead of Rock Smash, but do the same thing in the field.

They should still keep the Gym badges thing (only being allowed to use the moves out of battle with a certain amount), so the boundaries element is kept, but just don't force us to catch any more unwanted Geodudes!

59. metal_mario Tuesday 4th May 2010 at 23:41

make more pokemon available in the wild and have a wider variety of pokemon available in one spot.
    That way I wouldn't have to play a mod.

60. Colgax Wednesday 5th May 2010 at 00:01

2. Graphical overhaul:
    -overworld use graphics similar to Pokemon Colosseum
    -battles use graphics similar to Pokemon Stadium (hopefully better)

3. Give the series darker undertones, make it more adult.

Do it and I'll never play pokemon again

Anyway, I'd never remove the battle animations or any of the evolution methods (although I don't like when I need to trade in order to evolve...)

61. omegoku Wednesday 5th May 2010 at 08:52

1. Remove HMs, instead each pokemon can do Field Moves. Field Moves can only be used once you have the required Badge.
    so Dragonite can use Fly, Surf, Waterfall, Whirlpool, Strength, Rock Smash
    Geodude can use Strength, Rock Smash, Rock Climb
    BellSprout can use Flash, Cut.

2. More side stories, more hidden gems. In each town there would be people willing to trade pokemon, looking for their missing pokemon, looking for certain item, etc

3. Have Team Rocket play a bigger and more involved role, give them more varied pokemon and make them tough to dislodge from each town they are in.

4. Faster walking, running, cycling, surfing, talking

5. Trainers should be available to rematch after a certain time period, like 10 game hours. All trainers will rebattle you if you talk to them.

6. More Boxes. In Pokemon Diamond I have 1 of nearly every pokemon, every type of Unown, and I have to delete pokemon because there is very little room for them.

7. Less Legendaries, more rare pokemon, spread throughout the game. Catching a ralts in Ruby in the second route was most frustrating, but totally worth it! I'd like to know there is a small chance that I will come across a real nice pokemon, right from the start.

8. Customizable Trainer and Secret base/House and the underground. When you trade pokemon or transfer over GTS or mix records, that trainer and their base appear in your game, and you can battle them once a day for EXP.

9. I would Like if when you started out, so would 2 other trainers. Both would get so far and have certain level pokemon depending on time. So after 5 hours they will have defeated first gym, etc. Some of the other characters you meet will be on their own journeys that you can meet in several places for more battles, to team up with them, etc.

62. cscarlett15 Wednesday 5th May 2010 at 09:53

i know it's annoying having to use lots of different pokemon for hm's what i use is a sandsalsh, iv'e leveled it up so it can battle well and it also can learn all rock and normal based hm's such as rock smash, cut, strengh and rock climb without having switching back and forth all ur pokemon so to every one USE A SANDSLASH!!!!!!!

63. microhenry Wednesday 5th May 2010 at 10:26

2. Graphical overhaul:
    -overworld use graphics similar to Pokemon Colosseum
    -battles use graphics similar to Pokemon Stadium (hopefully better)

3. Give the series darker undertones, make it more adult.

Do it and I'll never play pokemon again

That's fine by me :wink: if it means losing one player for the sake of a vastly improved game I'm all for it.

64. ClockMenace Wednesday 5th May 2010 at 11:29

*ring ring, ring ring*
    "Hello?"
    "I know Joey, you told me this yesterday."
    "It's like my Rattata is in the top percentage of Rattatas."
    "Are you even listening to me? You've told me this already."
    "Just wanted to tell you that. Bye!" *click*
    *ring ring, ring ring*
    "Hello, Joey speaking!"
    "I hate you."

:lol: That's why I love just ignoring the phone calls. I have to pick up about 20 items from my mother every day.

I agree so much with 1 and 5. Though over here, we usually complain about the abundance of stupid ZUBATS!

17. Moral choices, branching story paths.

That...would be awesome. Correct me if I'm wrong, but don't a lot of more indepth RPGs have this?

65. laguz Wednesday 5th May 2010 at 12:12

I actually like the pointless phone calls, some of them are quite funny.

66. Nintendoman12345 Wednesday 5th May 2010 at 12:43

Pokemon Effect

Mass Effect + Pokemon

I agree with you on everything but what i would really like to see is a difficulty setting- I am sick and tired of fighting easy gym leaders if you have a balanced team :(

Make it so i can be challenged and like you suggested TURN OF WILD ENCOUNTER ANIMATIONS :( :( :( :(

Lol at no.9

Level 90+ Almost at the magic 100

67. microhenry Wednesday 5th May 2010 at 12:58

17. Moral choices, branching story paths.

Yes, indeed they do. But This has proved to be very effective and adds serious enjoyment to the game as you get the incentive for multiple playthroughs.

68. Komodo_Wolfgang Wednesday 5th May 2010 at 13:02

*ring ring, ring ring*
    "Hello?"
    "I know Joey, you told me this yesterday."
    "It's like my Rattata is in the top percentage of Rattatas."
    "Are you even listening to me? You've told me this already."
    "Just wanted to tell you that. Bye!" *click*
    *ring ring, ring ring*
    "Hello, Joey speaking!"
    "I hate you."

I keep getting ones from prof oak. he doesnt say much. basicaly "hi its oak ok bye"

so annoying.

A good idea for the radio; make it possible to put your own songs and have it as a different radiostation or something.OR put pokemon songs on as another radio station. ORRRR, REAL RADIO STATIONS

69. yoshi1990 Wednesday 5th May 2010 at 14:13

this is probably the most usless but i want to see chansey in the pokemon centers helping nurse joy like in the older games.

70. Splinter435 Wednesday 5th May 2010 at 15:11

I... don't get many Phone Calls. No idea why.

71. Cacnea Wednesday 5th May 2010 at 15:52

Never mind diagonal walking/movement - - -

- - -

I want TOUCHSCREEN control like Link gets. The trainer hero/heroine doesn't have to be detailed like Link, but I'd like total touchscreen control. I couldn't believe when DPP came out and they used the touchscreen so little. They've done a bit more in HGSS, but it's still not enough.

72. lawlman100 Wednesday 5th May 2010 at 16:40

Surf is a decent move at least but yeah the other HMs are pretty weak

Well i find on pokemon like swampert with a higher atk then sp.atk that waterfall works much better than surf and also rock climb helped me beat red.

73. Nintenmole56 Wednesday 5th May 2010 at 16:44

none of this " we hope you excel poo" Come back again any time.

infact many in game sayings are annoying "arrgh almost had it" + "it appeared to be caught" are high in the annoying category.

also after ______ blacked out,whited out or farted to death or what ever going over that time wasting speech from nurse joy and watching her heal my pokemon apprently my state of after fainting or whatever is fine enough to watch her reheal my pokemon and take up a stupid amount of time I no its only a few seconds but after a while its just tedious to a crazy extent

74. nintyspong3826 Wednesday 5th May 2010 at 17:05

"Hi, I'm Bill and I made the awesome Pokemon PC system, meaning you can have hundreds of Pokemon!"
    "That's pretty cool, it's really useful, nice one Bill!"
    "Thanks, would you like a rare Pokemon that can evolve into 1 of 7 different Pokemon?"
    "An Eevee? Aw, cheers man!"
    "Oh no, looks like your party is full, sorry you can't have it"
    "What the hell man?! Didn't you just say you made the PC storage system? Why can't you send that free cat straight to it! I don't have the time to walk all the way to a PC somewhere, take a Pokemon out, then come all the way back, just so I can get it! You made this amazing system all on your own, but you can't even use it!? And why don't you even have a PC in your house!? Your useless Bill, a massive waste of my time. What do you have to say for yourself?"
    ....
    "Hi, I'm Bill and I made the-"

"OH, FOR....!"
    :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:

You get the picture! Free Pokemon (like Tyrogue, Togepi etc) sent straight to your box please! Not the hassle of having to walk to the last town, make a space, and then walk back!
    (Fossil Pokemon too :D!)

75. Ganondorf Wednesday 5th May 2010 at 17:20

For me, it's the phonecalls and the fact that you need to spend an entire afternoon trading Pokemon if you want all your Pokemon transferred from Diamond, Pearl etc.

76. Locarii Wednesday 5th May 2010 at 18:20

1. Remove friend codes, make a more robust online system.

2. Graphical overhaul:
    -overworld use graphics similar to Pokemon Colosseum
    -battles use graphics similar to Pokemon Stadium (hopefully better)

3. Give the series darker undertones, make it more adult.

4. Mix up the formula, shake up the '8 gyms + league' structure.

13. Overhaul the PC system, make it faster and easier to use.

17. Moral choices, branching story paths.

phew...

I know adults and teenagers play it too, but don't forget Pokemon is still aimed at kids, and has a very large child fanbase. Adding murder and revenge and stupid difficulty would put a lot of kids off the game, and probably make the game a 12....not a good move for Game Freak.

77. Gynjanynja Wednesday 5th May 2010 at 18:23

Get rid of the pokemon and replace them with ninjas.

PS I adore pokemon so dont blaze me.

78. tomutwit Wednesday 5th May 2010 at 18:24

Yeah but... Fly to Kanto? Can't you catch the train if you're in Goldenrod?
    I'm 50 hrs in and trying to beat the Kimono Girls due to having useless Pokes. I've never played Pokemon before and never intend to again.

79. kd-19 Wednesday 5th May 2010 at 19:01

In the pokeathlon link mode, make the text speed fast, instead of waiting an eternity for the actual event to start

80. random_guy_14 Wednesday 5th May 2010 at 19:16

Get over it. Basically.

I don't really mind the two flight journey to Kanto/Johto, seeing as I can just also use the train. Actually, come to think of it, I don't mind having to put up with any of the things that annoy you. And complaining about the fact you can't migrate Pokemon from GBA to HG/SS because of the DSi/XL? Why don't you just use a DS/Lite, you lemon? You must have one of them.

81. SuperSamio64 Wednesday 5th May 2010 at 19:24

really? you want all your pokemon constanly shouting their names?? :!:

82. SuperSamio64 Wednesday 5th May 2010 at 19:41

definately customizable trainers. on platinum my rival looks more like me than my character does!!!

83. ShadowofPain Wednesday 5th May 2010 at 19:48

#9 Hit the nail on the head PERFECTLY. Though there is one simple solution. Don't accept the numbers of those n00bie trainaz only the ones of important people like Prof Elm and your mum.

IMO for there to be a perfect Pokemon game they need to make a full DS adventure but on the Wii. With full animations and customisable characters (like in PBR but no rehashed models please Nintendo, I don't like looking at a Zapdos from 12 or so years ago thank you).

84. microhenry Wednesday 5th May 2010 at 19:54

1. Remove friend codes, make a more robust online system.

2. Graphical overhaul:
    -overworld use graphics similar to Pokemon Colosseum
    -battles use graphics similar to Pokemon Stadium (hopefully better)

3. Give the series darker undertones, make it more adult.

4. Mix up the formula, shake up the '8 gyms + league' structure.

13. Overhaul the PC system, make it faster and easier to use.

17. Moral choices, branching story paths.

phew...

It's just wishful thinking my friend. I'm aware that the target audience of a Pokemon game is your average 8 year old, but I just dread the day that I don't find Pokemon fun anymore.

Hence why I want something like:

-Pokeblivion
    -Pokeout 3
    -Poke Effect

:cry:

85. yoshimad Wednesday 5th May 2010 at 20:53

Hahah 'wet mudkip'.
    Anyway i totally agree with the flying to another region just because it gets annoying every now and then.
    The battle frontier never appealed to me, just for the plain fact its battling for fun and you just spend life in a facility then get to the last battle a faint againist a socialite with a persian or something, i never did get another razor fang.

I think although the online system for pokemon is excellent it think there should be like a online region, where online people can meet up choose to battle and stuff a bit like monster hunter (which is awesome i im loving every second of it) online system, then again it could be too much for a DS, (dare i say it.)

86. Colgax Wednesday 5th May 2010 at 21:35

2. Graphical overhaul:
    -overworld use graphics similar to Pokemon Colosseum
    -battles use graphics similar to Pokemon Stadium (hopefully better)

3. Give the series darker undertones, make it more adult.

Do it and I'll never play pokemon again

Not losing one player, but losing at least 70% of players just due to the difficulty. The other point's would make 10%~15% run away too. After all, it's not the Nintendo style, although it's Game Freak that makes the games...

Well, if your changes really were to happen, it would be a brand new game, not the good Pokemon we all know (Although they're quite similar to the Pokemon Manga, you know, more adult).

Just one more thing. The lack of a detailed story and a personality is one of the best points in the game. It fells more like if the character were just like the player.

87. Colgax Wednesday 5th May 2010 at 21:42

Perfect Pokemon Game?

Pokemon Online! It would be the first MMORPG I would really enjoy playing!

Wonder why it took so much time for it to show up in my mind...

88. ChrisONM Thursday 6th May 2010 at 07:13

Get over it. Basically.

Wow, I wish I was as cool as you :roll:

Taking the train is even longer than taking two flights, so I don't even consider that an option.

As for the second point, yes, I could use a DS or a Lite to transfer Pokemon from the GBA games, but you'll note that wasn't actually my point. My point was there's no way to transfer Pokemon from the other DS games (other than an eternity of trading), it was nothing to do with the GBA games.

Please don't be insulting and call me a lemon, especially when you got it wrong in the first place :wink:

89. Oxo64 Thursday 6th May 2010 at 07:19

You hit the nail right on the head. I can't remember the phonecalls being this annoying in the originals. Why can't they just ring you when they want a rematch or have an item for you? Isn't that the whole point of getting their numbers? Not to read the same lame ramblings over and over.

90. Namek09 Thursday 6th May 2010 at 08:24

"Less Rattata"
    :lol: That made my day.

I agree about ranch, They could of done much more with it :/

91. Chocolate king Thursday 6th May 2010 at 10:12

Speaking of pointless and annoying phone calls, I got one from Proffessor Oak this morning:

Ring, ring
    Oak: Hello (name)! I see you are catching lots of pokemon for your pokedex!
    Click

See what I mean?

92. Casplen Thursday 6th May 2010 at 15:06

I think they should take away events. I'm sick of them!

"Arceus events in gamestation stores!"
    really? WOW!
    "the selected stores are..."
    DAMN!

Just sick of it...

Also, they should actually make it possible to get every starter. As pokemon is a childish thing in my area, almost nobody has it, so it makes it almost impossible to get the other starters without online trade. And if you dont have wi-fi, you're pretty much screwed. Oh, and then theres the fact that i get burned at the stake for just saying the word poke-*dies*

93. Ieuan999 Thursday 6th May 2010 at 15:58

the gym idea would be class and should defianatly happen

94. chocfang Thursday 6th May 2010 at 16:39

i think ur trainer should be able to level up like your pokemon so maybe some NPC's can level up with you to create more of a challenge instead of battling level 30 trainers when you are level 100. Why stop at level 100? Pokemon should go up to level 100 then go to level 1: Silver rank or something! Customization stuff for your trainer! Maybe your trainer can snag a date with a lady or man if you're a girl. No bromances though. They have to put more into battles as battles are really annoying and most people try to avoid them. Maybe you can control the pokemon or use more tactical thought. I know loads of people who play pokemon that only have attack moves on their pokemon. Hardly anyone uses those things like growl or leer. There has to be something in battles that make you WANT to go and find someone to battle. Not just leveling up but for fun. I always liked the idea of buying your own house and having a wife and kids in a pokemon game. Imagine having your son becoming a awesome pokemon trainer! I think you should also be able to take side-jobs like the paper round or go a bit dodgy and join team rocket! Maybe become a gym leader or part of the elite four or possibly the 'proper' champion! I want 5 stage evolutions! The biggest at the moment is 3 stage but 5 stage would make the game last longer so you would want to play more. And the final evolution should only take place at lvl 100 so it feels very rewarding when you get that last level. CHEATS! Everybody loves cheats! So put them in! Make a cheat bar and you can whizz through the game! Those are my ideas that I would love to happen in black and white but I highly doubt any of them will happen.

95. microhenry Thursday 6th May 2010 at 18:35

How about they make a Pokemon game where instead of training Pokemon the viewpoint switches to the first person and you are given guns and you have to kill each other. The game could take place all over the world from frozen tundras to the streets of North America.

Maybe release it on the 360 and the PS3 with online play, a robust ranking system and then milk it for all it is worth.

96. Red-Wolf Thursday 6th May 2010 at 19:12

I must say, as much as I love Pokemon - even more than biscuits, if that's humanly possible - I'm really bored with the "gutsy youngster striving to become the best trainer ever" setup. I want a darker story and a grittier tone, like in Pokemon Colluseum.

Also, maybe it's time we were due a new type. I'd say invent the Light type. Both super effective and weak against Dark type, the Light type would put enthasise on Special Attack, Speed and lowering the opponent's accuracy. One ability would be Blinding Light, which puts the opponent's accuracy when the Pokemon is called into battle.

If I knew how to paste images onto forum posts, I would show you my designs for my two dream Light types, Popam and Cetopam.

97. daiches99 Friday 7th May 2010 at 06:33

3D Battles for a change, like colosseum and Stadium. But with a 2d overworld.

98. Jojordan12 Friday 7th May 2010 at 18:39

Im surprised no body commented this

I have to choose my flying Pokémon, choose Fly, and choose Victory Road on the map (because that's as far as it can go). After watching the long animation and landing in Victory Road, I can then choose the flying Pokémon again, choose Fly again, and choose my Kanto location. Why two flights? This is Johto and Kanto, not Iceland. Mt Moon hasn't erupted.

Im still loling at that xD

:lol:

99. jakeyboy01 Friday 7th May 2010 at 21:19

First of all, TOP ****ING PERCETILE

Nextly, I agree with most of the points. I think I'll go through each seperately.

1) Yeah, that would be nice, but the game would still need to load it, so you could probably only cut about half the time.

2) >more varied weak Pokémon
    >laughing_elf_man.jpg

3)It's only a good evolution requirement if I can stumble upon it by accident. Trades are the exception that prove the rule. I personally would let happiness off, but it is pretty much just levelling.

4) All I could say is more BP per set. The Battle Factory at the very least is really fun, but after 7 battles (that I sometimes have trouble with) all I get is 5 BP. :|

5) That's pretty interesting, actually.

6) Getting rid of that godawful animation introduced in Gen 3 would suffice. I really dislike it sometimes, when I'm surfing a lot, etc.

7) At least you can fly between the two regions in a way, unlike in the originals. I was very happy with that.

8) Don't care at all about Pokemon Ranch. So whatever.

9) Oh my god, so irritating.

10) As long as I don't have to do a pointless capture every time, I'm game.

I'd also like to add make it optional to have Pokemon follow you. I like it, but I just think it makes sense to have the option. Also, you know, sidequests and all that. And optional dungeons, like the Friday Lapras area of Union Cave, and the Tyrogue part of Mt. Mortar. There are probably other things, but I forget.

100. Shadowdragonica Friday 7th May 2010 at 22:12

"That's pretty cool, it's really useful, nice one Bill!"
    "An Eevee? Aw, cheers man!"
    "Oh no, looks like your party is full, sorry you can't have it"
    ....
    "Hi, I'm Bill and I made the-"

"OH, FOR....!"
    :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:

(Fossil Pokemon too :D!)

Lol!!!! I totally agree!!
    My computer is about 2 crash now, so I'll comment again later. But great point. I agree with this quote 100%!
    BILL...SORT YOUR LIFE OUT!! :twisted:

101. Nik1245 Saturday 8th May 2010 at 07:41

Ok. Random Order of how aggravating you are as a whiny Gamer.

1. This is what's up with Joey's Rattata. http://queenofdorks.deviantart.com/art/ ... -160598608
    2. It only LOOKS like the Battle Transition is taking a long time, well because... YOU NEED A BREAK FROM THE GAME! Soon you'll be counting every frame!
    3. Rattata over the whole Bidoof-Bibarel thing.
    4. Evolutionary Processes are thar to increase Game Length.
    5. How many times do you catch a Shiny? Enuff they HAVE TO program a way to put it in it's own "Special Box"
    Shiny Pokemon are no different to regular Pokemon.
    Arranging Boxes yourself proves you're not freaking Lazy.
    6. Of course it should ask if you want to use the HM!
    HM's are a bother to remove in the first place!
    What you need to ask for is to not make them permanent.
    7.Long Haul Flights, I'll give you THAT -ONE-!
    Keeping score?
    8. Pokemon Ranch is just a storage area.
    9. Phone Calls are randomly generated anyway. "Every Trainer Must Expect a Battle" even the minor calls are there to keep you on your toes!
    10. Pal-Park... you got 2 points.

Now Grow-Up!
    If you want change, freaking Hack the game yourself!
    Also Hack it so the Mother in Game kisses you all better whenever you feel you have been wronged.

Now things you CAN complain aboot.

1. The Mother needs to stop spending our money.
    She SAVES it for the purpose of SAVING!
    2. Bidoof.
    3. Not giving every Legendary an Event Purpose. Otherwise, they are useless.
    I said before, only Noobs use them.
    4. More Oran Berries. Miltank is Sick.

That's it.
    And later, don't ask for Pokemon to literally attack each other.
    "It Takes so long" you see. You should "Probably turn fight animations off"

Man. I am sick of this Magazine.
    I hope this earned me a Ban.

And if it did, note this;
    MARIO IS NOT THE GAME OF THE DECADE AND SHOULD NOT BE NUMBER 1 ON EVERY SINGLE BLOODY LIST!
    *Returns to Serebii.net*

102. Thomas macdougal Saturday 8th May 2010 at 11:43

ring ring..."hello" "No I dont want to pick up a potion that is almost useless" ring ring "No I dont want to know about your raticate" ring ring..."SHUT UP!!!!" :evil: :evil: :twisted: "Oh you were going to give me a arceus but I dont think so now" :oops:

103. RogueZee Saturday 8th May 2010 at 18:13

Either lessen the amount of Pokémon that need trading to evolve, or remove them completely. Alternatively, keep it, but have the option to catch all the trading evolution Pokémon.

104. pksomething Sunday 9th May 2010 at 08:35

chris, i heard you can trade with damond, pearl and platuim :roll:

105. sciqueen Sunday 9th May 2010 at 10:30

Ok. Random Order of how aggravating you are as a whiny Gamer.

3. Rattata over the whole Bidoof-Bibarel thing.
    4. Evolutionary Processes are thar to increase Game Length.
    Shiny Pokemon are no different to regular Pokemon.
    Arranging Boxes yourself proves you're not freaking Lazy.
    6. Of course it should ask if you want to use the HM!
    HM's are a bother to remove in the first place!
    What you need to ask for is to not make them permanent.
    7.Long Haul Flights, I'll give you THAT -ONE-!
    Keeping score?
    8. Pokemon Ranch is just a storage area.
    10. Pal-Park... you got 2 points.

Now Grow-Up!
    If you want change, freaking Hack the game yourself!

Now things you CAN complain aboot.

1. The Mother needs to stop spending our money.
    She SAVES it for the purpose of SAVING!
    2. Bidoof.
    3. Not giving every Legendary an Event Purpose. Otherwise, they are useless.
    I said before, only Noobs use them.
    4. More Oran Berries. Miltank is Sick.

That's it.
    And later, don't ask for Pokemon to literally attack each other.
    "It Takes so long" you see. You should "Probably turn fight animations off"

Man. I am sick of this Magazine.
    I hope this earned me a Ban.

And if it did, note this;
    *Returns to Serebii.net*

ROFL I love it when sad Pokemon fanboys get angry. They're gaming's equivalent of STar Trek fans :P

106. Monkey of DOOOM Sunday 9th May 2010 at 10:42

Have you caught ALL the legendary pokemon? I mean, I know how to get Kyogre, Groudon, Raquaza, The 3 legendary bird pokemon, Ho-oh, Lugia, Suicine, you name it. But I just can't get Enti or Raikou! I've lowered their H.P. down to red but I just can't catch them. Any tips?

107. slyphil Sunday 9th May 2010 at 18:14

Here's what I want to see...

The game's storyline would change depending on the choices (by choices, I don't mean which pokemon you choose) you make, and there may be multiple endings you could get (e.g. become a regional hero, or a most wanted criminal mastermind... ok that probably wouldn't happen but you see what I'm getting at :P )

So the game could, technically, be massive: start the game again, choose different choices, and follow a completely different storyline.

Could be a cool way to lengthen the game and spice things up a little, but that's just me :D

108. will20017 Sunday 9th May 2010 at 20:18

How about multiple regions again like in gold/silver, there could be sinnoh/johto combinations, or, if a very large rom was used, all of the regions in a single game. You could start off in a region, possibly even choosing which one, and then progress to other regions, beating their elite fours as you go. Possibly even including a final champion of the whole land.

109. rjjolly Monday 10th May 2010 at 09:06

make hm's not count as a move so you don't have to waste a move for example i had my shiny garydos i teached it surf and waterfall and whirpool i keep dragon rage then he wants to learn hydro pump what do i do? hm's should not take up move space

110. rjjolly Monday 10th May 2010 at 09:13

Ok. Random Order of how aggravating you are as a whiny Gamer.

3. Rattata over the whole Bidoof-Bibarel thing.
    4. Evolutionary Processes are thar to increase Game Length.
    Shiny Pokemon are no different to regular Pokemon.
    Arranging Boxes yourself proves you're not freaking Lazy.
    6. Of course it should ask if you want to use the HM!
    HM's are a bother to remove in the first place!
    What you need to ask for is to not make them permanent.
    7.Long Haul Flights, I'll give you THAT -ONE-!
    Keeping score?
    8. Pokemon Ranch is just a storage area.
    10. Pal-Park... you got 2 points.

Now Grow-Up!
    If you want change, freaking Hack the game yourself!

Now things you CAN complain aboot.

1. The Mother needs to stop spending our money.
    She SAVES it for the purpose of SAVING!
    2. Bidoof.
    3. Not giving every Legendary an Event Purpose. Otherwise, they are useless.
    I said before, only Noobs use them.
    4. More Oran Berries. Miltank is Sick.

That's it.
    And later, don't ask for Pokemon to literally attack each other.
    "It Takes so long" you see. You should "Probably turn fight animations off"

Man. I am sick of this Magazine.
    I hope this earned me a Ban.

And if it did, note this;
    *Returns to Serebii.net*

lol this made my birthday the best

111. ktt Monday 10th May 2010 at 11:36

For me to improve the pokemon games I would make the world's so much bigger. I am a huge fan of the pokemon games and I just wish that the game play could be made even longer

112. 3DDCaptinJ Tuesday 11th May 2010 at 15:37

Ok. Random Order of how aggravating you are as a whiny Gamer.

3. Rattata over the whole Bidoof-Bibarel thing.
    4. Evolutionary Processes are thar to increase Game Length.
    Shiny Pokemon are no different to regular Pokemon.
    Arranging Boxes yourself proves you're not freaking Lazy.
    6. Of course it should ask if you want to use the HM!
    HM's are a bother to remove in the first place!
    What you need to ask for is to not make them permanent.
    7.Long Haul Flights, I'll give you THAT -ONE-!
    Keeping score?
    8. Pokemon Ranch is just a storage area.
    10. Pal-Park... you got 2 points.

Now Grow-Up!
    If you want change, freaking Hack the game yourself!

Now things you CAN complain aboot.

1. The Mother needs to stop spending our money.
    She SAVES it for the purpose of SAVING!
    2. Bidoof.
    3. Not giving every Legendary an Event Purpose. Otherwise, they are useless.
    I said before, only Noobs use them.
    4. More Oran Berries. Miltank is Sick.

That's it.
    And later, don't ask for Pokemon to literally attack each other.
    "It Takes so long" you see. You should "Probably turn fight animations off"

Man. I am sick of this Magazine.
    I hope this earned me a Ban.

And if it did, note this;
    *Returns to Serebii.net*

Youre so right. :D

113. Angry Goomba Thursday 13th May 2010 at 09:36

Number 7 is so true. I'm sick of having to make 2 flights everytime. The Magnet Train and S.S Aqua do help, but the latter only runs every two day and the former only goes between Goldenrod and Saffron.

114. toad73rory Thursday 13th May 2010 at 16:28

half-decent new pokémon is all i want. remember bidoof? I LOATHE BIDOOF. :twisted:

115. englishGAMER Sunday 16th May 2010 at 10:47

I know what would make the perfect Pokemon game. NO ZUBAT'S!!!
    LOL at JRush's avatar, Mama Luigis in it. :lol: