The best Pokémon Black/White Starter is...

Which one is winning ONM's poll?

Tsutaja is the most popular of the three new Starter Pokémon according to a poll on the ONM forum.

Tsutaja was unveiled last week alongside Pokabu and Mijimaru and it's the Grass Starter who has taken your fancy with 44% of the votes.

Fire Pig Pokabu is in second with 39% of the votes but Mijumaru the sea otter is a long way behind gaining with only 15% of voters picking him as the Pokémon they'd start the game with.

Voting for Tsutaja, MistyVanessa said "I have never chosen a Grass type to start with before, but this one, its a freaking snake on legs."

Cacnea also likes the look of it, commenting "The grass one looks like it has serious attitude - kinda like Treecko. That's the one for me!"

Charlie0108 picked Pokabu saying "Fire type is a defo for me. I always pick the Fire type in each game and from the look of the pig that tradition's going to continue."

However, Mr Resettio summed up what a lot of people seem to be thinking by commenting "Grass... No wait Fire... Can't decide. Defiantly not Water though."

Do you agree with the poll. Is Tsutaja your favourite?

Comments

1. Ai64 Monday 17th May 2010 at 13:45

I agree with the poll. Tsutaja is indeed one of my favourite starters.

2. hoshixcandy Monday 17th May 2010 at 13:59

Guess I'm with the minority. I really like the water type, his name's so hard to type out though and I forgot to copy and paste it...

I personally think all three are cool, but it's a freaking watery ottery! It's adorable :3 :3 :3

3. DeadlyCreature Monday 17th May 2010 at 14:26

I really dont like Tsutaja personally. But I do like Mujimaru. Why am I backwards?? :lol:
    Besides, Mujimaru is something different, which is what I thought a lot of us wanted. But the other two seem pretty familiar. Go figure.

4. Mr Resettio Monday 17th May 2010 at 14:33

AWESOME! I got mentioned!

Finally made up my mind though. Pokabu for me!

5. laytonluke911 Monday 17th May 2010 at 14:37

Yes, but it's just piplup again :? He's cool and all but we don't need two for bidoofs sake!

6. jaydoxx Monday 17th May 2010 at 14:37

This will be the first time i won't pick a grass type starter in a pokemon game. Its design is just way too try-hard, on the other hand it makes perfect sense for it to be the most popular. This generation i'm goin for the fire type Pokabu :D

7. kracian Monday 17th May 2010 at 14:56

YES!!! TSUTAJA PWNS XD

8. phazon Monday 17th May 2010 at 15:02

go TSUTAJA

whats not to like its a doopy eyed snake on legs 8)

9. scott1and Monday 17th May 2010 at 15:03

YES!!! TSUTAJA PWNS XD

Sultan Max von vinelover, ruler of agrabah agrees, Tsutaja does indeed..uh..PWN

10. Charlie0108 Monday 17th May 2010 at 15:10

Thanks for the mention guys.
    Still rooting for Pokabu

11. adamwalker222 Monday 17th May 2010 at 15:20

Can't agree more. I'll be picking the Grass Starter, and my brother will probably pick the Fire Starter. The water Pokemon looks useless, and unoriginal. It's basically Buizel and Piplup combined, it just doesn't look interesting.

12. Callum D Monday 17th May 2010 at 15:21

Oo I like all three to be honest, but I'm mostly likin Mijumaru! He's so cutteee XD

13. Wiintendo Monday 17th May 2010 at 15:27

I actually prefer the look of the grass starter as it looks like one of those original Pokemon you see

The fire type is good as well, though the water type looks a bit dissapointing, I dunno, looks more like an ice type TBH.

14. TheLupineOne Monday 17th May 2010 at 15:33

Oh yeah, totally! TSUTAJA DOES PWN.

15. mattrules Monday 17th May 2010 at 15:43

Tsutaja and his constant grin won me over

16. Athrun888 Monday 17th May 2010 at 15:48

Poor Mujimaru, no wonder he looks so sad with all the hate going round, I'll be sure to give him a good home.

On a sidenote maybe I like him due to him looking like the combined form of Piplup and Pachirisu, my two favourite pokemon.

17. GoombaInDisguise Monday 17th May 2010 at 16:04

Me and my Pal have devised a cunning plan to get all 3 Starters.

I'm gonna start my game with Pokabu, and before he starts his game proper he's trading over a Mijumaru. He'll do the same except with Tsutaja instead of Mijumaru. We'll then start our Adventure. Then, when we find the Daycare, we'll breed from the Pokemon the other one of us didn't get (He gets a Mijimaru, I get Tsutaja). Then we continue our games.

It's complex, but no as much as his way. xP

18. sgu07dh Monday 17th May 2010 at 16:07

Don't know which i'll pick, it'll depend on their evolutions or whether they're dual types. I've never stuck to a particular type, though there's never enough wild fire types unlike grass and water.

19. pompeyuni12 Monday 17th May 2010 at 16:16

I want to see what the final evolutions look like first, and what their typing is. I hope the fire one is fire/dark - if so he gets my vote.

20. IPecksU Monday 17th May 2010 at 16:22

The water type is fugly so no wonder

21. lawrencer5 Monday 17th May 2010 at 17:55

i reckon the grass one looks best now but just think of the hardcore awesome possibilities of pokabo's final evolution. A massive fire snorting boar pokemon.

22. kezz182 Monday 17th May 2010 at 18:01

I still think Pokabu's the best grass definately second though.

23. popcorn man Monday 17th May 2010 at 18:34

YEEEEESS IN YOUR UN-HAPPY LITTLE FACE MIJUMARU!
    Tsutaja rules all!!!!
    He looks like quite a shifty and smug character He is awesome!!

24. popcorn man Monday 17th May 2010 at 18:35

YEEEEESS IN YOUR UN-HAPPY LITTLE FACE MIJUMARU!
    Tsutaja rules all!!!!
    He looks like quite a shifty and smug character He is awesome!!

25. Snizzbut Monday 17th May 2010 at 20:27

Grass one rules.
    I mean just look at his eyes!

Ill have whatever hes smoking

26. Poke-J Tuesday 18th May 2010 at 06:19

Looks more like Piplup 1.5

27. microhenry Tuesday 18th May 2010 at 07:15

28. omegoku Tuesday 18th May 2010 at 08:24

I'll stick with Pokabu most likely

29. Pikachuu Tuesday 18th May 2010 at 14:23

Noooooooooooooooooo! Pokabu should win! It's absolutely amazing, I mean, it's a pig.. with fire! :D

30. pikpik Tuesday 18th May 2010 at 15:02

I know that mijumaru or however it's spelt does not look appealing right now and that Tsutaja does look the best who know what there evos will look like it could very well be the opposite way round and as for the fire pig well he just looks awesome still undecided as of now I'll have a look at there evos before deciding

31. shadow.x Tuesday 18th May 2010 at 18:50

I agree with the poll, although I normally go straight for the water, the grass one looks quite intresting!

32. SuperMario922 Tuesday 18th May 2010 at 20:32

Pokabu is my vote. I usually choose water types but I think Pokabu is my choise for this game. :D

33. Videogame_Nut Wednesday 19th May 2010 at 06:44

Out of all three, I would say that in my opinion Mijumaru
    is the best. It may look bad now (I always imagine it in the anime walking out of a psychiatric ward with a bottle of anti depressants) but it will probably get a lot better as it evolves and it may turn out to be one of peoples favourites when it evolves. :)

34. Flyingleaf Wednesday 19th May 2010 at 10:13

Pokabu for the win!!

35. Pokeshade Wednesday 19th May 2010 at 19:06

your minds have gone funny unless you think pokabu is da best!!!
    AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    FOR GODS SAKE HE IS A FIRE PIG OMG LOL ROFL!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :D :D :D :D :D :D :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

36. KoopaKart Wednesday 19th May 2010 at 19:12

I usually choose fire and at the moment I'll be choosing fire again. I love Pokabu!!!!! i think they are all good but the thing is me and a friend designed some starters we'd like to see in a new game. one was a bear, one an otter and one a snake! 2/3 ain't bad!

37. redbird980 Wednesday 19th May 2010 at 19:16

the water one is so ugly but wil probs end up getting a cool evolution

38. 001BINARY100 Friday 21st May 2010 at 20:03

Personally, i'd chooose tsutaja. The water type one is too basic and unoriginal imo. It looked like an ottter type animal from it's silhouette and I assumed it was fire, and the pig was water, because it would be too predictable and boring to have it as a water type, like piplup was.
    Then pikabu, well the idea of a fire pig doesn't really excite me, even when we only had the silhouettes, I found tsutaja most interesting, the others look a bit boring (again, in my opinion)

39. ibbyh909 Sunday 23rd May 2010 at 14:06

pokabu is cool 8)

40. kquigibo Sunday 23rd May 2010 at 16:50

I really love Mujimaru, he's got the cute factor! And yes, I am a girl. :P I have always chosen the water starter, in EVERY generation of Pokemon, from Red, Blue and Yellow to SoulSilver and have no intention of changing that now! :D

Also, Tsutaja looks kinda creepy. :?

41. rose2ko Monday 31st May 2010 at 07:11
  42. MunchlaxKid Wednesday 2nd Jun 2010 at 09:37

OH COME ON! I'M PICKING MIJUMARU BECAUSE IT IS CUUUUUUUTE! P.S I will be getting Tsutaja via trade. I'm not too keen on Pokabu :roll:

43. oracion666 Friday 11th Jun 2010 at 17:24

Strange...I really like Tsutaja AND mijumaru but I rly don't like Pokabu :/ never really liked fire starters apart from charmander. Guess thats just me though... :)

44. keshihead Saturday 5th Mar 2011 at 12:43