Ghost Trick release date confirmed

Nintendo to publish the game in January

After publishing Monster Hunter Tri for Wii, Nintendo has joined forces with Capcom once again to release Ghost Trick on 14 January 2011.

Ghost Trick is the latest game from Ace Attorney creator Shu Takumi and, if anything, it seems even crazier than his previous games.

You still have to solve a murder mystery but this time you're the murder victim. That's right, you play as Sissel, the spirit of a murder victim. He's lost his memory but he has to solve the mystery of his own death. It sounds like a case that even Professor Layton and Phoenix Wright would struggle to solve, let alone an amnesiac dead bloke.

However, Sissel has some skills that will help him. He can talk to other recently deceased spirits and go back in time to four minutes before the victim died. As Sissel's ghost you have until dawn to possess and manipulate items found in the real world to solve the captivating puzzles he encounters on his quest for the truth. He can even possess a doughnut!

You can use the DS stylus in order to complete puzzles and carefully choose the path for Sissel to travel. Possessing specific objects and items along the way will allow you to alter the fate of other victims and begin to unravel the strange truth about whom Sissel is and why he was murdered.

You can also help Sissel eavesdrop on people to gather crucial information and transport him between locations by possessing phone lines and calling the desired destination.

Are you going to buy Ghost Trick when it's released in January?

Comments

1. chaz 1805 Thursday 28th Oct 2010 at 13:46

I'm really glad that this'll be released in the UK, as it looks like an awesome unique game!

2. Kooper Thursday 28th Oct 2010 at 14:40

Excellent, 6 days before my birthday! I hope it's as good as the ace attorney games.

3. Mr Kirby Thursday 28th Oct 2010 at 14:42

One may buy, but with Kirby and Zelda and Goldeneye, im not sure if ill aford it...

4. Nintenmole56 Thursday 28th Oct 2010 at 15:16

Same but its just after christmas and in the january sales so i will defintly get it post haste... sissel can time travel 4 mintues into the past wel i can travel 3 months into the future just to get it !

5. link982 Thursday 28th Oct 2010 at 15:56

YAAAAAAYYYYYYY!!! <3
    I'm so glad and relieved that Ghost Trick has a release date! It is released nine days after my birthday, and I'm getting quite a bit of money for my 3DS fund, but of course I'll having some money to buy this too! :3

6. MrChewtoy Thursday 28th Oct 2010 at 16:36

Defo getting this!

With Layton three almost done, and Phoenix Wright soon to be in my collection after a few well placed ebay bids, this'll be the perfect game to follow!

7. scott1and Thursday 28th Oct 2010 at 16:42

I'll probably get this but as I'm buying the 3DS myself and as it cost around Ł190, plus the half price game deal they'll do the the console, thats around Ł220, but as I say, if I have some spare cash (which i may well have) this will be a good buy for me.

8. imbusydoctorwho Thursday 28th Oct 2010 at 16:52

cool this and kingdom hearts are going to rock the ds in 2011

9. Eternal Darkness Friday 29th Oct 2010 at 03:08

It's coming out the same day as Kingdom Hearts Re:coded. I'm already getting Re:coded. I may get this when it's about Ł15 in the near future.

10. DeadlyCreature Friday 29th Oct 2010 at 10:26

I shall have myself a bit of this!

11. Mmmyeah Friday 29th Oct 2010 at 13:00

second only to okamiden as my most anticipated ds game