Will Rare make Banjo Kazooie 3DS?

Company refuses to rule out making more handheld games

GoldenEye 64 developers Rare could make more handheld games. That's according to a spokesperson writing on the company's blog.

While Rare hasn't made a game for a Nintendo home console since 2002's Star Fox Adventures, the company has continued to create games for DS such as Diddy Kong Racing (pictured) and Viva Panata: Pocket Paradise.

So is the company planning to make games for 3DS when it's released in March next year? Banjo Kazooie 3DS perhaps? It was a question that was put to Rare on the mini-scribes section of the blog.

Rare responded: "Banjo-3DSie confirmed! Although by confirmed I do mean 100% utterly speculative. We haven't done much in the handheld 'space' since DKR DS and Pocket Paradise - could we dip our toes in again at some point? Possibly. 3DS? Not for me to say."

Would you like to see Banjo Kazooie back on 3DS. Let us know by commenting below...

[Source: GoNintendo

Comments

1. JamieRIOT Wednesday 3rd Nov 2010 at 09:49

YES PLEASE!!!

2. lminett Wednesday 3rd Nov 2010 at 09:57

How about nintendo buy back rare?

3. rayboi Wednesday 3rd Nov 2010 at 10:14

i think if Rare made games 4 nintendo again, the calibur of their games would be bocme great again, unlike some of the games they have made on 360, the games that they would make for 3DS Would have to be AWESOME! AFTER ALL IT IS 3DS WE ARE TALKING ABOUT!

4. Blue Toad Wednesday 3rd Nov 2010 at 10:20

Rare, if you bring Banjo Kazooie to 3DS and;

1. Don't mess it up like the Diddy Kong Racing DS port.
    2. Use the original art style of the first game instead of the horrible new look for Nuts N' Bolts.

Then I'll forgive every silly mistake you've made since you left Nintendo.

5. emperor ing Wednesday 3rd Nov 2010 at 10:40

Sure it'd be great (as I never got to play the original games - didn't have an N64) but it'll never happen.

6. shy guy 64 Wednesday 3rd Nov 2010 at 10:47

we can only hope

7. SoulSilver IV Wednesday 3rd Nov 2010 at 11:51

I'd love a Banjo 3DSie, as long as it was a proper platformer, and none of this vehicle building crap that ruined Nuts & Bolts for me.

8. FireHawk Wednesday 3rd Nov 2010 at 11:57

I love the first Banjo game on the N64 (never played Tooie), so I would love to see Banjo-Kazooie on the 3DS as long as, as others have said already, it's a proper platform game.

9. LuX Wednesday 3rd Nov 2010 at 12:18

Rare, if you bring Banjo Kazooie to 3DS and;

1. Don't mess it up like the Diddy Kong Racing DS port.

Then I'll forgive every silly mistake you've made since you left Nintendo.

1. What was wrong with DKC DS?
    2. Horrible art style? Are you high? It looked amazing it was different fresh and new, go look at the pre-rendered art of the N64 games with high poly models That my friend would not look good in a game today.
    KEEP THE NUTS AND BOLTS ART STYLE! And bring on BK:3DS :wink:

10. Oxo64 Wednesday 3rd Nov 2010 at 12:21

A hendheld Banjo-Kazooi would be awsome! Just as long as it is more like the N64 games than the 360 one.
    Its a shame Nintendo doesn't own Rare anymore. I think Nintendo would make better use of Rare's talents than Microsoft has.

11. imbusydoctorwho Wednesday 3rd Nov 2010 at 13:30

banjo
    i am going to play a banjo
    oh yeah mario you may have a proper challenger

12. danbish Wednesday 3rd Nov 2010 at 14:46

Absolutley! :D

Rare's Banjo games are brilliant (the Nintendo ones anyway) and honestly, so are the rest of their Nintendo 64 catalouge. Both Diddy Kong Racing DS and Viva Pinata Pocket Paradise were also excellent so Rare remaking any of these on the 3DS would be brilliant news.

Fingers crossed!

13. hoshixcandy Wednesday 3rd Nov 2010 at 14:47

Before the wars start about who Rare should be with, I say, let them make games for all consoles. Because I'm greedy.

In terms of Banjo and Kazooie action, Nuts & Bolts was a bit of a let down. I wasn't exactly expecting much for a racer, it's fun and what not but not my bear and buuuurd.

So if Rare DID make a Banjo and Kaz game for ANY Nintendo console, I'd hope they'd make it the way I like it. Fast, fun, intense game play, and of course, sarcastic.

Fingers crossed, Banjo's coming home.

14. Tobeh Wednesday 3rd Nov 2010 at 15:24

I would love to see it on 3DS.

15. darkandy666 Wednesday 3rd Nov 2010 at 15:46

banjo 3DS yes plz!!!! i only got an xbox for banjo kaoozie nuts and bolts and to get banjo tootie report i love this game series would get it

16. mtrd_hntr Wednesday 3rd Nov 2010 at 15:50

Dam you ONM! I only saw the last half of the title and thought it was confirmed :? Still, brilliant news. Should blatantly be called, "Banjo-Threeie-Deeie" though...

17. Heroofhyrule Wednesday 3rd Nov 2010 at 15:52

I would love to see a Banjo game for the 3DS. I was thinking about getting both Banjo games for my N64 from Amazon as they games look like very fun Mario 64 Style platformers and i've heard a lot of good things about them.

18. OmegaYoshisaur Wednesday 3rd Nov 2010 at 16:16

HELL YES!

I'd friggen love to see a new Banjo Kazooie game. It's really pleasing to see Rare at least thinking about developing one.

19. super yoshifan Wednesday 3rd Nov 2010 at 17:15

How about nintendo buy back rare?

Providing they get better employees, then yes. Now this makes me want to buy a N64 just for all the Rare exclusives xD!

20. Pkmntrainerlucas Wednesday 3rd Nov 2010 at 17:31

Yes coz if not i think i will fall to my knees and cry to the heavens .... banjokazooie was my fav game on the n64 PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE rare bring banjo kazooie to the 3ds ... no moar build your own vehicles classic platforming will do nicely

21. Wiintendo Wednesday 3rd Nov 2010 at 18:03

If this is a made and it is a full 3D platformer and not the Nuts and Bolts approach, I'll be speechless as BK is one of my favourite games of all time :D.

22. MrMouthy Wednesday 3rd Nov 2010 at 18:06

RARE are dead inside, you seen the previews of Kinect Sports? That game has no charm.

23. random 21 Wednesday 3rd Nov 2010 at 20:16

YES! YES! YES! banjo kazooie and banjo tooie were my favorite games! :D

24. Pkmntrainerlucas Wednesday 3rd Nov 2010 at 20:35

the kniect is a fail in itself so naturally all the games relating to that will fail, just like the update

25. ARWING64 Wednesday 3rd Nov 2010 at 21:58

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE!!! Rare needs to return to Nintendo fully!! a 3D Banjo-Kazooie or Banjo Pilot would be great!

26. ckr Wednesday 3rd Nov 2010 at 22:50

just yes

27. SuperMarioFan886 Thursday 4th Nov 2010 at 08:24

HOLY-

THAT WOULD BE FREAKING AWESOME

Remake, or a new game?

28. sciqueen Thursday 4th Nov 2010 at 10:10

I'd love a new BK game as long as it isn't boring like Tooie or ugly like Nuts n Bolts!

29. Elliot007 Thursday 4th Nov 2010 at 20:30

I think if they make it a vehicle based game like nuts and bolts it would look great in 3D :D

30. killganon Thursday 4th Nov 2010 at 21:10

in my view rare should go back to nintendo its talents are wasted on the house brick 360

31. greycloud007 Thursday 4th Nov 2010 at 22:10

I enjoyed Banjo-Kazooie Grunty's revenge on ye olde GBA, the graphics were actually quite detailedso an updated Banjo game on Nintendo's upcoming hand held would be awesome.

32. Pkmntrainerlucas Thursday 4th Nov 2010 at 22:45

Rare, if you bring Banjo Kazooie to 3DS and;

1. Don't mess it up like the Diddy Kong Racing DS port.

Then I'll forgive every silly mistake you've made since you left Nintendo.

Nuuuuuuuuuuuuu the style for nuts and bolts was awesome just no more build a bear workshops .. coz the vehicles were layme

33. Retrofan Friday 5th Nov 2010 at 07:06

If Rare doesn't make this they should all be stoned to death.

34. hqmanpoke Saturday 6th Nov 2010 at 20:16

Its be wonderful to see banjo on the 3DS. Since the move to microsoft they have lost their charm. Hopefully a game on the 3DS with all its new technology along with classic gameplay and mechanics will make this game a classic

35. link1993 Friday 18th Feb 2011 at 14:21

OH YEA Banjo can return to Nintendo 3DS . YES PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE!!! :D

36. jessicajupiter Tuesday 5th Jun 2012 at 17:10

I love love loved Banjo and Kazooie on the nintendo 64 so very much. It was the most played game i owned! I still play it on the 64 and here it is many years later. I would love oh so very much to be able to play it on 3ds! PLEASE Rare and PLEASE Nintendo make a game for 3ds

37. nnosh Friday 20th Jul 2012 at 19:45

YES!!!!!! bring back banjo kazooie and conker's bad fur day and i guarantee that it will sell billions and billions of dollars because people probably dont have a nintendo64 anymore!!! So PLEASE!!!!!!! remake this game!!!!!!!! :D

38. adamguy Friday 20th Jul 2012 at 21:16

1. Why did you post on a year old article

2. Banjo Kazooie and Banjo Tooie have already been rereleased, on Xbox 360 in HD

3. They didn't sell billions of dollars because it is impossible to sell money

4. They didn't sell billions of copies, despite the fact there are billions of people with an Xbox

Explain yourself