Legend Of Zelda: Ocarina Of Time won't be released before E3 - Reggie

So when is it coming?

Don't expect to be playing The Legend Of Zelda: Ocarina Of Time 3D before 9 June. That's the word from Nintendo's US boss Reggie Fils Aime who told MTV that the N64 remake won't be released before E3.

Of course we already know that Zelda: Ocarina Of Time isn't on Nintendo's list of 3DS games that will be launched between March and June but Fils Aime has confirmed that it won't be appearing until after the E3 games show which runs from 7-9 June, claiming that they will launch when they're ready.

"Games like Kid Icarus, Ocarina Of Time, Mario Kart - we'll share more information at E3, certainly they'll launch after E3."

He proceeded to big up the games that will be released at launch in the US. "In terms of what the hardcore gamer has to look forward to at launch, I would say Super Street Fighter 4, I would say Dead or Alive, I would say Madden and I would say, yes, the three first-party launch games that we have, as well."

What games are you looking forward to at launch? And when do you think Ocarina Of Time will be released in the UK.

Zelda: Ocarina Of Time 3D is coming to Japan in the Spring

Comments

1. ultra_slb Wednesday 26th Jan 2011 at 12:36

bad news :( but I guess it means it still needs a little work so it will be even better.. prepare your first 10 out of 10 ONM

2. gadgetgirl16 Wednesday 26th Jan 2011 at 12:42

The launch line up could have been a lot better, June is a very long time to wait for Mario Cart, Animal Crossing & especially Ocarina of Time. I ordered super monkey ball because it was the first game I got for my DS so I though I would choose it as my first 3DS game. :)

3. VaatiKaiba Wednesday 26th Jan 2011 at 12:49

While this is a little disappointing, I'm not surprised by the Kid Icarus and Mario Kart dates, as I thought they would be later this year, if not the big Christmas titles for this year. Personally, at the moment I'm more interested in seeing what the launch games are - I'm hoping to get Nintendogs and PilotWings on launch, and I might get Street Fighter IV a little later.

4. imbusydoctorwho Wednesday 26th Jan 2011 at 13:09

It's a little disappointing but it might just be the best Nintendo game ever.
    I expect a November - December release

5. lminett Wednesday 26th Jan 2011 at 13:51

Im not really fussed by LOZ OOT, im more intrested in new games that come out, i want nintendo to talk about new games in a series or new series all together

6. 02hollandj Wednesday 26th Jan 2011 at 14:11

im really hoping they will add a few new characters and a new dungeon showcasing the 3d ala links awakening dx,and also im hoping the character models get a little better,because this seems like a bit of a wasted opportunity in my eyes,although ill standardly buy it anyway just so i can play it on the go

7. Violet Wednesday 26th Jan 2011 at 15:25

New dungeon would make it a day one sale. Otherwise I might wait on it, depending on what else is out at the time (if Kid Icarus comes out a similar time that's obviously going to be the more interesting title, given that I've played OoT plenty of times now).

8. frostykins Wednesday 26th Jan 2011 at 15:31

:( just another reason to wait before getting the 3DS, i wouldn't mind but MK, kid icarus and LoZ are the 3 biggest games announced for 3DS. Guess this'll give me time to save for it and hopefully for the price to come down.

9. fisher2007 Wednesday 26th Jan 2011 at 15:36

Im not really fussed by LOZ OOT, im more intrested in new games as well.

10. scott1and Wednesday 26th Jan 2011 at 15:38

I wish there were some nintendo game at launch such as most of the games previously mentioned like Mario Kart and OOT instead of nintendogs, not dissin nintendogs but its not exactly a title all nintendo fans want.

11. TechnoWolf Wednesday 26th Jan 2011 at 15:50

...well this is depressing. I was hoping kid Icarus uprising would have been finished by now, oh well.

Another reason why not to buy the 3DS at launch :wink:

12. olrodlegacy Wednesday 26th Jan 2011 at 15:52

I'm betting Nintendogs is a release game mostly due to Nintendo wanting to show off the 3DS's capabilities rather than to satisfy hardcore Nintendo gamers.

13. King-X Wednesday 26th Jan 2011 at 16:32

If they make Zora's Domain unfreezable as adult Link and add other 3DS-exclusive stuff such as that, they can take until next year for all I care. 8)

14. Mart2006 Wednesday 26th Jan 2011 at 16:41

I'm currently playing through Ocarina of Time for the first time (shoot me if you like :P ) on Virtual Console, so I was only going to get this once I'd finished the original, and when it gets a little cheaper. The only downside to this is that it'll probably take even longer to get cheap.

15. GuidoRoulstone Wednesday 26th Jan 2011 at 16:55

Nintendo may be making a mistake in releasing the console without games that hardcore gamers want. With this launch line up the 3DS could easily be dismissed as a console for casual gamers. If Ocarina of Time was a launch game the 3DS would be an instant must-buy.

16. VaatiKaiba Wednesday 26th Jan 2011 at 17:06

I don't really think that's fair to say - bar Nintendogs, most 3DS launch period titles are more "mature" titles. Resi Evil? Street Figher? Dead or Alive? RIdge Racer?

17. Captain Kuchiki Wednesday 26th Jan 2011 at 17:21

I'm guessing Nintendo are waiting to release it for the Christmas market.

I'm guessing our launch line-up isn't that favourable because of the low production run; Nintendo promised us the 3DS would be out by the end of the current fiscal year, and there was production problems towards the end of last year that meant they had to rule out a 2010 release. As they couldn't make many units (900,000 for the EU apparently), they're probably holding off the bigger titles so people don't snap them all up at launch leaving a drought like with the Wii. Then, the better games will be out for Christmas, when more 3DS' will be available.

Well, my local GAME has filled their 3DS pre-order quota already xD

18. hobbes123 Wednesday 26th Jan 2011 at 18:35

i was oing to buy the 3ds at launch as OOT was a possibility but definetaly gonna wait now.....nice one nintendo :S

19. MrChewtoy Wednesday 26th Jan 2011 at 18:57

I wasns't expecting it 'till around the summer or later anyway. Hopefully it'll mean they're adding at least a few new features.

20. Ruby Soho Wednesday 26th Jan 2011 at 19:11

I'd much rather these games came out later when Nintendo are happy with the final product. I'm sure there's gonna be quite a few decent 3rd party games out in between to keep us entertained.

21. Mmmyeah Wednesday 26th Jan 2011 at 19:13

This raises a question: when will skyward sword launch?
    Sure i am looking forward to oot, but a brand new zelda is something to look forward to. I was going on the asumption that oot will release earlier in the year, around april-june, and then skyward sword will be released in the winter. But with oot's release later than i expected, we could end up seeing it being released too close to winter for ss to be released then too. If this is the case, maybe ss will be released earlier than oot. Or maybe it will be released next year. That doesn't bear thinking about.

I expect ss will be released this year anyway, probably around winter, so maybe oot won't have a too late release. And then there is kid i icarus and mario kart to look forward to. Will they be released this year?

22. tomutwit Wednesday 26th Jan 2011 at 19:16

So if I get the 3DS in may I can play old ds games, ar cards, and 3d photos for two months then get ocarina? Sounds good to me.

23. mario kart Wednesday 26th Jan 2011 at 19:40

"Three first party"
    Nintendogs is hardcore now? Lulwut
    and claiming them to be 3 different games in such a way... kik
    Nintendo kinda messed up launch, first time I've not been particularly looking forward to any, but ill settle for street fighter.

24. Golden Knight Wednesday 26th Jan 2011 at 20:15

Great; prefer Nintendo take their time over this game, and not rush it out incomplete, potentially tarnishing the reputation of one of the greatest game ever made.

25. Red Deer01 Wednesday 26th Jan 2011 at 20:18

This. They're polishing up a re-make of the best game i've ever played and releasing it when they think "Its Done"....

Fine with me. I dont recall much bad 1st party games from Nintendo which release upon them "completing" it and were bad due to bugs/unplayableness etc. Take all the time in the world to make this game what it should be... While your at it give me a co-op endless dungeon crawl with my mates. Hell let us play as Shiek, Ganon, Guedro's or whoever you want in this spin-off mode and code them with specific movesets and powers. You're taking the time to make the best game i've ever played even better...

You deserve all the time you need. Because your sure as hell gunna need it if you want to make this version superior.

26. nintendorulz Wednesday 26th Jan 2011 at 20:35

*Gets Sniper Rifle out of drawer*

27. MrLeechkid Wednesday 26th Jan 2011 at 20:52

I find myself slightly disapointed by the launch games, i would of thought nintendo would of got Ocarina of Time 3D out for launch. But oh well, super street fighter is still pretty good. And i suppose nintendogs and cats has a certain charm

28. shadow.x Wednesday 26th Jan 2011 at 22:29

I think its good that this is gonna come out abit later. Its not everybody that can cough up about 400 to buy the console and a good amount of games in one go. it eases the gamer into buying it, securing sales for Nintendo.

29. airspeed Wednesday 26th Jan 2011 at 22:54

This has definitely confirmed for me that I won't be getting the 3ds at launch.

So unless there is something good confirmed for close to launch I will be waiting until Zelda and Mario Kart are out.

I get them keeping one or two back but all 3 of those mentioned, seems like a bad move

30. Chetters Friday 28th Jan 2011 at 00:36

i dont mind waiting but the launch titles so far seem pretty weak, two one on one fighting games, a racing game and what is basically an expanded side mini game thing, im very interested for e3 because i thing the ngp could be a serious contender if the price isnt much more.

31. Joe_Crow Friday 28th Jan 2011 at 12:30

Nothing is jumping out at me. Maybe DoA or SF4. I won't bother with Resi because I've played 4 and 5's Mercenaries to death already.

I can see myself just playing Pokemon Black on in for the first month or so of launch...