Zelda: Skyward Sword trailer

The best Zelda game ever?

Here is that awesome new Legend Of Zelda: Skyward Sword trailer that Satoru Iwata showed off during his GDC keynote address.

It shows Link in a variety of locations including ice and lava levels. We can also see how you'll use the Remote to balance on a tightrope and there are a couple of boss battles. Take a look and leave your thoughts below.

We'll see more of The Legend Of Zelda: Skyward Sword at E3 2011.

Comments

1. Shinnos Thursday 3rd Mar 2011 at 10:34

You know, as much as I am looking forward to a new Zelda game on the Wii, there was nothing really in that trailer to make me that excited. The first half of it just consists of Link hacking at enemies with his sword.

Seems like the same old Zelda (albeit with a sprinkling of motion-plus on top), but that's still not necessarily a bad thing!

2. nintendo rules Thursday 3rd Mar 2011 at 10:40

This looks and will be the best game this year i know 3ds games will be great but this looks so much more game of the year anyone.

3. Violet Thursday 3rd Mar 2011 at 10:56

Iwata said it was specifically a combat trailer, so that's what it shows. Personally I think this trailer is excellent, because it shows a level of depth to the combat that wasn't in Twilight Princess, for instance.

Though, ONM, can you not find a direct feed version of this trailer for us? I'm sure it'll look much crisper that way.

4. MARION64WII Thursday 3rd Mar 2011 at 10:57

Hmm I do agree, though it looks very creative! (I love the door that you need to slot the shaped block in.) But that chap that disapeared towards the end of the trailer gained my interest.

Oh! if you look at around 30 seconds into the video, look carefully at the little dude dancing about on the rock. He looks oddly like skull kid wearing the majoras mask!

5. King Seda Thursday 3rd Mar 2011 at 11:10

This is what Twilight Princess should have been like.

6. shane12234 Thursday 3rd Mar 2011 at 11:15

cant wait for this :) BUT.....
    i still hate the graphics and links animations are still as wooden as ever.

7. mario_boi Thursday 3rd Mar 2011 at 11:31

Why has nobody mentioned the mysterious guy at the end of the clip. Who could this be???

8. MARION64WII Thursday 3rd Mar 2011 at 11:34

cant wait for this :) BUT.....
    i still hate the graphics and links animations are still as wooden as ever.

How can people hate the graphics? It looks great! A painting come to life indeed.

9. shy guy 64 Thursday 3rd Mar 2011 at 12:15

my guess is that is he's the villian

looks so cool can't wait

10. alecm101 Thursday 3rd Mar 2011 at 12:25

It seems as if Nintendo lowered the graphics a bit since E3. Combat also seems a little slower and sword swings don't appear to have the same feel of impact. Maybe it's just me.

11. concernedcamel Thursday 3rd Mar 2011 at 13:04

ZOMFG ANYONE ELSE SEE SKULL KID straight after the tight rope scene :O

12. imbusydoctorwho Thursday 3rd Mar 2011 at 13:42

It looks brilliant.
    The Cel-shaded graphics suit the Wii much more.
    This'll follow Red Steel 2 with strong Motion Plus controls and graphics.
    It's nice to see some Motion Plus mini-games.
    Can't wait to see more of this game.
    Hopefully this will have a very epic and emotional story as well.

Oh Great!
    Spiders are back in this.
    In Twilight Princess they scared me away from the game but judging from this trailer they aren't that scary.

13. MARION64WII Thursday 3rd Mar 2011 at 13:55

ZOMFG ANYONE ELSE SEE SKULL KID straight after the tight rope scene :O

Did you not read my above comment? :/ he looks like he's wearing the Majoras mask too!

14. Hylian_Grouch Thursday 3rd Mar 2011 at 14:14

although im glad for the new info, since last years e3 this game seems to be getting further away... i want it soon. hope its not a wait until the holidays game. id like a surprise "its out next month" at e3. there was a demo of it after all..

15. concernedcamel Thursday 3rd Mar 2011 at 14:19

ZOMFG ANYONE ELSE SEE SKULL KID straight after the tight rope scene :O

Ah damn you beat me :p yeah that clip of seeing skull kid has just got me pumped for this game now haha that to me made this trailer :]

16. Lucario Thursday 3rd Mar 2011 at 15:28

This doesn't look all that great so far. It just didn't really blow me away that's all. I think it looks a little motion-plus-reliant, which isn't necessarily a bad thing though, but Twilight Princess didn't need it to be awesome.

It's only a trailer so far though. Zelda games have still yet to let me down :)

17. QuazarSky27 Thursday 3rd Mar 2011 at 16:37

ZOMFG ANYONE ELSE SEE SKULL KID straight after the tight rope scene :O

Sorry to ruin the dream of a Majoras Mask refrence, but thats a spider hanging from the wall. YES, I know it only has like four legs, but thats cause the other four are concealed. The bulky part is the spiders body. :(

18. CamrocG Thursday 3rd Mar 2011 at 16:45

That guy at the end...
    He looks like a Sheikah...

19. ALink ToTheMetro Thursday 3rd Mar 2011 at 17:07

That guy at the end...
    He looks like a Sheikah...

I thought so too. Sheik revival anyone???

20. E3rob Thursday 3rd Mar 2011 at 17:24

Guy at the end could possibly be your ally? Kinda like Midna. He doesn't seem evil and looks kinda playful. :3

21. Waldy565 Thursday 3rd Mar 2011 at 17:40

get excited each time I hear about this, like I did back in january when any black and white info was released! THIS WILL BE AWESOME :P

22. FiveThirteen Thursday 3rd Mar 2011 at 17:47

ZOMFG ANYONE ELSE SEE SKULL KID straight after the tight rope scene :O

NOOOOOOOO! I was so hoping for some majora in this game! Oh well still looks awesome!

23. Ahiru77 Thursday 3rd Mar 2011 at 17:52

I hope the remake of Oot mops the floor with this one. That would send the right message to Nintendo.

But they'll both sell incredibly well of course. :wink:

24. Everegreen Thursday 3rd Mar 2011 at 18:30

the music is different, unconventional. i hope there will be ome classic tunes there aswell (hyrule field, zeldas lulaby, master sword/zelda theme song)

25. StriderHedgehog Thursday 3rd Mar 2011 at 18:43

The rolling desert monster looked like Uragaan from Monster Hunter.

On a different note, this is shaping up to be an awesome game.

26. concernedcamel Thursday 3rd Mar 2011 at 18:58

ZOMFG ANYONE ELSE SEE SKULL KID straight after the tight rope scene :O

I have watched that trailer too many times now and there is no way it is a spider it's clearly skull kids silohette! I bet monies on it!! :3 (monopoly money)

27. tomutwit Thursday 3rd Mar 2011 at 19:25

Pressed play and was greeted with a "PEGI 16" logo. OMFG I thought Zelda is VIOLENCE!!!!!! But then it said PS3 and I was like Oh its an ad.....

28. tomutwit Thursday 3rd Mar 2011 at 19:29

But they'll both sell incredibly well of course. :wink:

As MARION64WIIs sig says, anybody who doesnt like this ca go die in a hole....
    or... you know, buy an xbox.

29. Otis P Jivefunk Thursday 3rd Mar 2011 at 19:35

Looks a bit meh, it'll be good though and no doubt I'll be spending a few all dayers on this...

30. Waldy565 Thursday 3rd Mar 2011 at 20:09

GUYS, NOT GONNA SPOIL IT FOR YA, JUST CHECK THIS OUT! :P http://uk.wii.ign.com/articles/115/1153025p1.html

31. killganon Thursday 3rd Mar 2011 at 20:48

the desert looks like the desert from tp

32. sciqueen Thursday 3rd Mar 2011 at 21:29

I'm not excited for this game at all. I think it's because I was very disappointed by Twilight Princess and even more so by Phantom Hourglass and Spirit Tracks, which ruined the Wind Waker story.

33. MARION64WII Thursday 3rd Mar 2011 at 21:41

But they'll both sell incredibly well of course. :wink:

As MARION64WIIs sig says, anybody who doesnt like this ca go die in a hole....
    or... you know, buy an xbox.

I played a demo of the game at Euro gamer, unfortunately it never had any of that but I can say the game was great fun and nicely designed. This game is one where you have to play it to understand how good it really is and not rely on trailers

34. MARION64WII Thursday 3rd Mar 2011 at 21:44

Umm if you looked at the trailer properly he was kinda sitting on the Gold thing that throws axes at link, i think he is a bad guy XD looks can be deceiving my friend.

35. MARION64WII Thursday 3rd Mar 2011 at 22:42

ZOMFG ANYONE ELSE SEE SKULL KID straight after the tight rope scene :O

Epic quote pyramid!!

36. Chewit182 Thursday 3rd Mar 2011 at 23:28

Am I the only one that hates the fact there's a huge Wii remote on-screen all the time?! I really hope with the simple press of a button you can get rid of it..
    Other than that, everything else looks amazing and I can't wait to add this to my collection!

37. ALink ToTheMetro Friday 4th Mar 2011 at 07:25

They did say that this is one of the earliest Zelda games, so it could provide a lot of backstory as to the Hyrule we know and love was started.

38. NOM is NOM Friday 4th Mar 2011 at 12:20

But they'll both sell incredibly well of course. :wink:

In my opinion it would send the wrong message, Ocarina of Time is a great game and it exists, if thats what you're after you can replay it. But I'd rather them take Zelda in new directions.

39. Medea Friday 4th Mar 2011 at 13:08

The trailer looks pretty good. I loved the tightrope sequence

40. Mmmyeah Friday 4th Mar 2011 at 16:50

i think the graphics have been greatly improved. the colours are a bit duller, which i like, i thought the e3 visuals were a bit too bright which made it look too similar to wind waker. while that obviously isn't a bad thing, i think it is important for the game to have it's own style.
    also, the locations look sharper. in the e3 trailer, when things were far away they looked a bit cloudy and blurry, which kind of added to the effect of the 'painting brought to life' but mainly made the environments feel smaller than they were.

you will be able to turn that off.

41. mancalledme Friday 4th Mar 2011 at 17:40

My money is on Vaati, Off of Minish Cap.

42. DonegalAlan Friday 4th Mar 2011 at 18:44

Yeah, that's what I thought. The music didn't sound like Zelda to me. Not too sure about it, but it'll probably grow on me! Hopefully we can count on Koji Kondo to resurrect some old and familiar themes!

43. RogueZee Saturday 5th Mar 2011 at 08:26

General Grievous is a zombie skeleton?!

44. zapper01 Saturday 5th Mar 2011 at 10:35

Is that... Vaati? :D

45. layton lover Saturday 12th Mar 2011 at 10:49

I'a actually disappointed by this trailer, i'd like to see some more traditional areas such as villages and Hyrule castle because the dungeons occasionally get repetitive.

46. foxmcloud555 Thursday 14th Apr 2011 at 19:30

As a functional showcase of gameplay, it's a decent trailer. Compared to the cinematic thrill ride that were the Twilight Princess trailers, It's lacking. Hoping for something with a bit more flare at E3.

Other than that, I literally could not be any more excited for this game. There just isn't enough Zelda in my life. GAME OF THE YEAR.

47. Missile the dog Tuesday 19th Apr 2011 at 07:14

I don't know why but I think the evil dude sitting on the gold thing (great details to go by I know :mrgreen: ) I think looks either like a older vaati or from the same race as vaati :?: