More Wii games coming - Reggie

What would you like to be announced for Wii?

Those concerned about the lack of Wii games on the horizon needn't worry. That's the message from Nintendo's US boss Reggie Fils-Aime who has revealed that more Wii games are coming after the Nintendo 3DS launch.

According to Fils-Aime, to release more Wii games in the same month as the Pokémon Black and White and Nintendo 3DS launches would be too challenging.

"We've had to effectively prepare for the launch of 3DS as well as effectively prepare for the launch of Pokemon Black and Pokemon White," Fils-Aime told IGN.

"Candidly, we've pushed out some Wii launches so that we can focus on our handheld business. We're already juggling two big balls. To add a third would be a little bit challenging."

Currently the only big future Wii releases on are Conduit 2 and Legend Of Zelda: Skyward Sword but according to Fils-Aime that could all change soon.

"We're waiting to space things out and let Pokémon Black and Pokémon White and Nintendo 3DS live and breath out there," continued Reggie. "But there's content coming. And we'll be sharing more certainly in the weeks ahead. We'll be bringing some content out before E3, and then certainly at E3 we'll be sharing more news."

So it looks as though Nintendo could be announcing more Wii games at E3. What would you like to be announced? The Last Story for the UK? Maybe that new Pokémon Wii game that Satoru Iwata talked about recently. Or perhsps something completely new. Share your ideas please!

Comments

1. gadgetgirl16 Tuesday 8th Mar 2011 at 10:14

How about Rayman 2 :lol: seriously though I am really hoping The Last Story gets released over here it looks amazing :D

2. Gavin Rozee Tuesday 8th Mar 2011 at 10:16

F Zero, Starfox and Pikmin are really overdue.

3. mario_boi Tuesday 8th Mar 2011 at 10:18

I just want Pokemon Snap 2 for 3DS or Wii. I'm not fussed. Pikmin 3 is long overdue and I want to see something new from an existing franchise. E.g. A new Mario platformer, leaving galaxy alone now. A return to mushroom kingdom perhaps. Oh, and I know I might get some schtick for this, but I would love to see another Starfox adventures!

4. Gelade Tuesday 8th Mar 2011 at 10:34

How about an update or channel for the wii that let's you use it as a hub for connecting your ds to the internet instead of having to go out and find a hotspot that's active.

5. abbott_56 Tuesday 8th Mar 2011 at 10:35

The last story, please. It'd be crazy not to release it over here.

6. Daz_Dagon Tuesday 8th Mar 2011 at 10:37

Pikmin 3 oh and that canceled game HAMMER that looked quite fun.

7. bananaoomarang Tuesday 8th Mar 2011 at 10:41

You've got that new IP they announced back in february, along with Starfox (I hope), that new kirby game, pikmin 3(maybe 3DS though...) and hopefully some surprises. I want f-zero 3D though.

8. Shinnos Tuesday 8th Mar 2011 at 11:09

With all the fuss about the DS, I'd actually forgotten that Skyward Sword was a Wii title! Glad that there are still new titles planned. I'd love to see a Yoshi's Island Wii game announced!

9. Hylian_Grouch Tuesday 8th Mar 2011 at 11:38

pikmin 3

thats it...

10. mario_boi Tuesday 8th Mar 2011 at 11:42

I'd love to see a Yoshi's Island Wii game announced!

This could be excellent. I would love a cel-shaded crayon yoshi's island. We are yet to see a 3D yoshi platformer!

11. FrostyLemon Tuesday 8th Mar 2011 at 11:49

All I need is Xenoblade...

12. Lagerboy Tuesday 8th Mar 2011 at 11:56

Seeing as sales are now starting to decline, E3 will have to be huge for the Wii this year. Games I would like to see arrive are Pikmin 3 which we have never seen a screenshot of yet, even though it was announced like 2 years ago. A new F-Zero game would also be great along with a Starfox game that plays like Lylat Wars did just with new features and stuff as that was the most successful Fox game I think? A few surprises wouldn't go amiss either :)

13. GThing Tuesday 8th Mar 2011 at 12:23

I'd love to see a Yoshi's Island Wii game announced!

Or a non-portable. And there should be Koopalings, since Yoshi and Lemmy are my favourite characters. :D

14. lminett Tuesday 8th Mar 2011 at 12:43

F-zero please, and id love some kind of new smash bros game but that would be serious wishful thinking

15. imbusydoctorwho Tuesday 8th Mar 2011 at 12:55

Nice to know Nintendo isn't leaving the Wii in the shadows and still working on new titles.

Last Story in the UK is a must have
    Skyward sword
    Kirby wii.
    Pokemon game.

But we need a F Zero game.
    It's well over due and Pikmin 3 and maybe a Star Fox game.

16. Ai64 Tuesday 8th Mar 2011 at 13:02

A new mario or metroid game would be ace! I hope pikmin 3 will make it too.

17. The-Rotinaj Tuesday 8th Mar 2011 at 13:03

'Sadness' sounded like it would make a good game back before Wii was released... it would be good if somebody could pick that back up.

18. The-Rotinaj Tuesday 8th Mar 2011 at 13:03

19. FiveThirteen Tuesday 8th Mar 2011 at 14:57

I think it's about time pikmin 3 was shown since that's been talked about for ages. I hope they announce that they are translating the last story and maybe xenoblade too, and that pandora's tower game. They'll probably show the kirby game we already know about as well. Hoping for some surprises too like Kirby and Donkey kong last year.

For all the people wanting F zero on wii, in my opinion I don't really see the point. F zero GX still looks better than a lot of wii games, so I don't think it could be beaten graphically on wii. F zero would also benefit greatly from sophisticated online multiplayer, better than the wii is capable of. What i'm saying is that nintendo should either make the next f zero game on 3DS, (portable, better online than wii, and in 3D) or the wii's successor, (HD graphics, better online than wii).

20. FiveThirteen Tuesday 8th Mar 2011 at 15:03

I was interested in sadness too but i think it has been completely cancelled. There was a note about it in the mag a little while ago.

21. Oxo64 Tuesday 8th Mar 2011 at 15:39

They really need to get a Xenoblade and The Last Story localisation sorted out.

22. Callum D Tuesday 8th Mar 2011 at 16:08

Pikmin 3 would be actually amazing. I might faint.
    Other than that, a decent Pokémon game. Hopefully one that connects to Pokémon Black and White. I'm thinking along the lines of Gale of Darkness.

23. Imperfect_Dark Tuesday 8th Mar 2011 at 17:18

Just get The Last Story, Xenoblade and Pandora's Tower localised and I'll be happy.

I remember back in, like, issue 3 of ONM there was a feature on that and Raid Over The River, and it was from the same dev as Sadness. It was a sort of time-travelling top-down shooter, and the concept art looked really cool. I've got a feeling that both games are dead, as well probably the developer itself.

24. Nintendo Mad Tuesday 8th Mar 2011 at 18:35

That's actually a really good idea :D

Nintendo Mad

25. Malice of Yoshi Tuesday 8th Mar 2011 at 18:50

Skyward Sword and The Last Story is what I would really like to see and very soon too.

Pandora's Tower is intreaging and I would like see more on that and a new F-Zero game would be really welcome as I was a big fan of the Gamecube game.

26. Waldy565 Tuesday 8th Mar 2011 at 19:02

lol read most of this on ign...

27. moggs Tuesday 8th Mar 2011 at 19:57

I think a lot of E3 will be dedicated to 3DS games. Once "Skyward Sword" and "Ocarina of time 3d" comes out, I'll be a happy bunny. Should "Conduit" then be as good as expectations I'll be in a delerium. Whatever they bring out then I'll be quite happy. . . until we get more from "Proffessor Layton" at least

28. Cyberguy Tuesday 8th Mar 2011 at 20:42

I hope we can see that new Pokemon game at E3.

29. Dan-the-Wii-man Tuesday 8th Mar 2011 at 21:35

Im thinking pokemon wii, pikmin 3 then some kind of new maybe more adult first party game :) i was wondering if there would be some new releases announced was a bit worried :P

30. CraigEmberson Wednesday 9th Mar 2011 at 06:44

You mean with all the fuss about the 3DS... It ain't no DS. Argh! LOL

31. Waldy565 Wednesday 9th Mar 2011 at 09:50

glad last story was 1st comment, and i REALLY hope ninty recieve our Uk release petition :D

32. IPecksU Wednesday 9th Mar 2011 at 14:39

I want a pokemon RPG spinoff like colosseum or a good pokemon fighting game in a style like brawl or tatsunoko vs capcom. that would make my day

33. andrea987 Wednesday 9th Mar 2011 at 16:21

That's actually a really good idea :D

Nintendo Mad

That's an EXCELLENT idea! I will even pay (a little bit, not much) for it. Crazy!

34. AL X Friday 11th Mar 2011 at 15:23

I think Nintendo needs a new franchise although I don't know what. They have found so many different ways of using existing franchises, but can't go on like that forever.

There's such a wide variety of gaming experiences on other consoles now from many different producers and production values are really high a lot of the time. Thats why sales of software for the 360 and ps3 are high (even though I will admit I can't understand why fp shooters seem to be the most popular genre).

I know Nintendo like to favour simple gameplay thats instant and along with the innovation of the ds this proved a success in that case.

Having both graphics and innovation would surely attract the developers of other platforms to nintendo.

Nintendo can be stubborn to change as well as innovate. Laurent Fischer pretty much denied that mobile gaming is direct competition to nintendo when it really obviously is.

35. LavaTwilight Friday 11th Mar 2011 at 18:48

Pikmin 3
    Pikmin 3
    Pikmin 3
    Pikmin 3
    Pikmin 3
    Pikmin 3
    Pikmin 3
    Pikmin 3
    Mario Kart Wii 2
    Pikmin 3

36. Jman_Vere Friday 11th Mar 2011 at 19:46

This gets my vote.

37. layton lover Saturday 12th Mar 2011 at 14:25

Luigi's mansion 2 would be gorgeous, but i reckon that could come out on 3DS. I personally would like Luigi's mansion 3D to be released on 3DS as a remake of the original, alongside Luigi's mansion 2 on Wii. Win.

38. Silver light Sunday 13th Mar 2011 at 18:53

The Last Story and Xenoblade localisations, please. A new F-zero wouldn't go amiss either.