Pokémon White is 2nd fastest selling DS game ever

Did you buy White or Black?

Pokémon White is the second fastest selling DS game of all time. The game went straight in at number one in the UK charts this week but it didn't sell enough copies to overtake Professor Layton And Pandora's Box as the fastest selling game.

However, with Black selling just 13,000 fewer copies than White you'd imagine that if you put the sales of both titles together it would beat Layton's game.

After all, the combined sales of Black and White make it Nintendo's third biggest UK launch ever on all formats behind Wii Fit and Mario Kart Wii.

If the scenes at the Pokémon UK launch on Friday were repeated all over the country, we're not surprised that the games have been so successful.

Which one did you buy? White or Black?

Comments

1. Lucario Tuesday 8th Mar 2011 at 12:15

And rightfully so. It's much more addictive than Professor Layton!

2. imbusydoctorwho Tuesday 8th Mar 2011 at 12:52

This really deserved it.
    I always don't understand it,
    Pearl sold more than Diamond ,Soul Sliver sold more than Heart-Gold and now White has sold more than Black strange.

3. ProtoKun Tuesday 8th Mar 2011 at 12:55

This is a great thing! It's the perfect "farewell" to DS(i), and I hope it sells much, much more :)

4. greycloud007 Tuesday 8th Mar 2011 at 13:58

I bought Pokemon White mainly due to liking the legendary Zekrom and my girfriend got pokemon black with the limited edition DSi from Game :)

5. Kooper Tuesday 8th Mar 2011 at 15:32

Black. I wonder why it sold so many more than DPP?

6. scott1and Tuesday 8th Mar 2011 at 16:22

Layton 3 was better in my opinion but I do like the puzzles and the story. White is my favourite pokemon to date though so it rightly deserves second place.

7. 25BBB Tuesday 8th Mar 2011 at 16:31

My Dad just gave me Black for my Birthday :D

8. PinkShaymin Tuesday 8th Mar 2011 at 16:55

Both :) I'm a bit of a collector!

9. Kirby8 Tuesday 8th Mar 2011 at 17:18

Both, like PinkShaymin. I always get both. Cause I'm crazy/awesome (your choice) like that. It means you get more legendaries when it comes to the events too. I have ridiculous amounts of all the legendary pokemon. XD

10. clarkie123 Tuesday 8th Mar 2011 at 19:15

I've got neither yet. Hoping to pick up White once the opportunity arises...

11. Stulaw Tuesday 8th Mar 2011 at 22:01

This really deserved it.
    I always don't understand it,

Well that's because they have the better looking Pokemon on the front, and that's how I judged these as a Kid.

But yes, I'm glad it's selling well, I'll get it as soon as I can afford it, which wont be soon unfortunately.

12. Retrodaniel Tuesday 8th Mar 2011 at 22:24

This really deserved it.
    I always don't understand it,

It's always been like that. Theres always one version which nearly everyone seems to have. This time, nearly everyone has white. the reason i got black was because i prefered black City and its easier to find people who have white to trade with

13. Waldy565 Wednesday 9th Mar 2011 at 09:51

BUYING white, if that counts :P

14. Rnald Wednesday 9th Mar 2011 at 17:16

This really deserved it.
    I always don't understand it,

I bought Diamond, HeartGold and Black. :lol:

15. Marioman5000 Wednesday 9th Mar 2011 at 18:02

Quite a few of us play Pokemon that I know, and last year out of all of us no one got Heartgold, and I have a feeling I'll be one of the few to get Black over White.

16. C00LI098 Wednesday 9th Mar 2011 at 19:16

I bought White, as I prefer the cleaner, "smoother" colour (I purchase LeafGreen and SoulSilver, rather than the other versions). My brother bought Black, though.

17. Giga sky Thursday 10th Mar 2011 at 19:30

Black. I wonder why it sold so many more than DPP?

I think the DS market has opened up alot more since the release of DPP. Also the marketing for Black/White is much better.

18. ktt Friday 11th Mar 2011 at 08:37

I got Pokemon Black. I liked the look of Black City and also the legendery pokemon more!

19. will20017 Monday 14th Mar 2011 at 16:36

I've bought White (I say this six months in the future)

NB