Nintendo 3DS price drops to £187 at Morrisons

UK supermarket is now the cheapest place to pre-order a 3DS

Not pre-ordered your Nintendo 3DS yet? You should consider paying a visit to Morrisons as the supermarket is now the cheapest place in the UK to pre-order Nintendo's new console.

Yes, Morrisons spokesperson has told Official Nintendo Magazine that it has dropped its 3DS pre-order price by £10 to £187 this morning.

Morrisons previously had the best 3DS pre-order price on the high street but this new deal makes it the cheapest place to order your new console from in the UK. That includes online retailers.

So if you've not yet pre-ordered your console you might want to take a trip to Morrisons. You'll need to pay a £10 deposit.

Nintendo 3DS launches in the UK on 25 March. Here are the best Nintendo 3DS pre-order deals.

Comments

1. ledreppe Friday 11th Mar 2011 at 11:00

Great for people who haven't ordered yet. I highly doubt anyone who has already ordered is going to cancel their order just to save a few quid and loose their place in the 'queue' at this late stage.

2. dm_1782 Friday 11th Mar 2011 at 11:08

I agree but I am gutted. Just yesterday I saw a Morrisons sign saying pre order in store for £196.99 and felt ripped off with HMV who are charging £220 in store and now this. HMV better give a game free with that price or else..... :evil:

Hopefully though places like HMV and Game will perhaps change their prices also fingers crossed.

3. legendwork Friday 11th Mar 2011 at 11:09

With this and the next 2 weeks, online and high street retailers will just start competing more... i would expect most high street outlets selling 3ds will want to match this offer. Time will tell.

4. elnicko Friday 11th Mar 2011 at 11:35

There is a Morrisons about a ten minute walk from my student halls... It is all too tempting to cancel my preorder with Shopto, but I think I'll just wait.

5. NULL Friday 11th Mar 2011 at 11:55

While it could be tempting for a lot of people, are we sure on how many units places like supermarkets will get? I know there's been more of a demand for gaming from Supermarkets, but surely places like Amazon, GAME, Gamestation, Shopto etc will get more units?

I'm sticking with Amazon, they'll likely lower their price with Morrissons to compete.

6. master dingley Friday 11th Mar 2011 at 12:10

I'm the same, Morrissons is pretty much next to Lincoln Uni :P
    Sadly I put my preorder in at gamestation as soon as a release date was announced, so it looks like I'm paying £230 as Im not willing to risk it >_<

7. coolbas Friday 11th Mar 2011 at 12:26

More than a few quid, for people on a budget & who couldnt perhaps afford a game at launch after pre-ordering at £219.99 or something.

Well done Morrisons.

8. lminett Friday 11th Mar 2011 at 13:13

Not a bad trick 2 weeks before the 3ds comes out. But im i now know that ill be getting my console on launch from shopTo so im happy to pay that tiny bit extra

9. geengy Friday 11th Mar 2011 at 13:13

'O'
    Don't live near morrisons sadly :cry: byut John Lewis is only £2 more! :D

10. imbusydoctorwho Friday 11th Mar 2011 at 13:23

I'm getting mine from Toys R Us for £196.99.
    It's only a tenner but it'll be nice to see it goes down under £170.

Also
    If you buy the 3DS from Tesco for £197 you get any launch game for £10.
    I think it's online only.

11. aidanpowers1 Friday 11th Mar 2011 at 15:23

I'm pretty sure there isn't a Morrisons near me however my nan works for one and maybe she gets discount.

12. oh dae su Friday 11th Mar 2011 at 15:24

Good news for me as i pre-ordered from morrisons a few weeks back. :D

13. tomutwit Friday 11th Mar 2011 at 15:50

They may have just changed my mind........ perhaps i can preorder it from there and keep it in the cupboard till my bday in may

ill ask dad

14. mariomadness56 Friday 11th Mar 2011 at 15:53

noooooooooooooo I just preordered from amazon

15. Choccie Milk Friday 11th Mar 2011 at 15:54

noooooooooooooo I just preordered from amazon

They'll probably lower the price especially if we all click the report a lower price button

16. Jarmez Friday 11th Mar 2011 at 16:12

I was given this news when I was working my shift in Morrisons last night, since it was because I had pre-ordered there. Though I'll have it even cheaper with my staff discount as well :wink:. This is great news for those who haven't yet pre-ordered the 3DS :).

17. Kooper Friday 11th Mar 2011 at 16:47

Cancelled my pre-order with game-gears and gone for one with morrisons. They guarantee launch day pick up from 8AM (assuming your local store is open then) so I'll probably get it even before the post!

18. Mmmyeah Friday 11th Mar 2011 at 17:31

i said before the 3ds was revealed that i would be surprised by a price over £180. though back then idin't know it had so many features. still, it is approaching my estimate so i am happy. i still can't afford it though.

19. FiveThirteen Friday 11th Mar 2011 at 18:05

I'm getting mine from Toys R Us for £196.99.
    It's only a tenner but it'll be nice to see it goes down under £170.

Also
    If you buy the 3DS from Tesco for £197 you get any launch game for £10.
    I think it's online only.

The tesco offer sounds risky as it just says "a nintendo 3ds game" rather than "any nintendo 3ds game" so you could get the voucher and find that it only counts towards the less wanted launch titles like rayman or RIIIIDGE RACER! just warning people. Also I would generally be hesitant about giving money to tesco.

Personally i'm hoping amazon will match this price since i preordered from them.

20. Suicidal-Kirby Friday 11th Mar 2011 at 18:24

This is great news! I haven't preordered yet and now all i have to do is get a plane/boat over to mainland UK to go preorder my 3DS and come back. That will surely save me a few quid...
    You see, I live in Northern Ireland and there are no Morrisons over here, yet oddly enough they still advertise on our tv channels.
    Personally I'm considering waiting for a red 3DS to be released.

21. MrChewtoy Friday 11th Mar 2011 at 18:32

Great deal, but £210 at HMV including Rayman 3D is much better, meaning the game only costs £23 going my Morrison's pricing :D

22. Waldy565 Friday 11th Mar 2011 at 22:00

yay for morrisons! all though thier tuna still catches rays, turtles and the like... hey! where'd that come from? :P

23. KKNinty347 Saturday 12th Mar 2011 at 09:39

I pre-ordered my 3DS, Pilotwings Resort and nintendogs+cats from my local blockbuster. That package only costs me £190 because i'm trading in my Dsi! I also get £46 in rewards vouchers. I've you've got a DSi or DSi XL, get thee to Blockbuster's immediatley!

24. K2000 Saturday 12th Mar 2011 at 14:39

It's a good deal but I'll never buy a console from a supermarket.

25. lrwr14 Saturday 12th Mar 2011 at 16:27

Went in HMV today and looked in the 3DS section. It said preorder 3DS and get a £20 voucher, so the 3DS is £219.99 and you get a £20 voucher.

26. killganon Saturday 12th Mar 2011 at 18:25

i have a feeling the 3ds will go as low as one hundread and fifity quid

27. MUTANTMARIO Saturday 12th Mar 2011 at 23:41

same but with splinter cell instead of rayman

28. mad toast boy Sunday 13th Mar 2011 at 09:01

i have already pre-ordered the 3ds at morrisons (with a friends 10% employee discount)
    do you reckon the price will be lowered to this new price for people who have already pre-ordered?

29. TyrDragon Sunday 13th Mar 2011 at 10:15

suuuucks since I pre-ordered my 3DS from sainsburys at £219.99 >.< and I cant even really afford it, but i'll buy it anyway cause that's what us students do! :P haha

30. NULL Sunday 13th Mar 2011 at 11:45

I hope to god that's a bundle price, if it is't you should really cancel...

I'm still waiting for Amazon to lower their price to match Morrisons... *keeps reporting*