Best new Pokémon

Your top six Pokemon from Black and White

Who is your favourite Pokémon from Pokémon Black and White? With so many great new Pokémon to choose from, it's a tough question to answer. Ours changed constantly from the moment Zorua and Zororak were revealed as the first Generation V Pokémon back in February last year to the game's release last month.

First it was cute little Zorua before Reshiram turned up and stamped all over him. Next it was Gothitelle (a goth Pokémon! Brilliant!) but then we played through the game and our choices changed again.

Currently our favourites include Vanilluxe, Tepig and Eelektrik but enough about us. Who are your favourite new Pokémon? Pokémon fan and ONM moderator Chained Teapot asked Pokémon fans to list their top five on the Pokémon forum and it was amazing to see the variety of Pokémon chosen. Anyway, he counted up the votes and here are the results. Your top six new Pokemon.

Six because that's the size of a team in Pokémon games and because the number five position was shared between two Pokémon. Take a look and let us know if your favourite Pokemon made it.

5=) Emolga

We say: It's not a surprise to see Emolga listed as one of your favourite new Pokémon. After all, it shares characteristics with Pikachu, perhaps the most recognisable Pokémon of all time. Like Pikachu, Emolga can store electricity on the electric sacs located on its cheeks which it releases when threatened. This flying squirelly creature is cute, too.

You say: "Who doesn't think Emolga is both cute AND awesome?" - Tamzily01

5=) Zoroark

We say: Along with Zorua, this was the first new Pokémon to be revealed for Black and White. We remember the reaction to Zoroark being (mostly) positive and it's good to see that it still remains popular to this day. While Zorua is a cute Tricky Fox, Zoroark is a Monster Fox and is considered cool enough to be the main star of the latest Pokémon film - Zoroark: Master Of Illusion

You say: "Illusion. Enough said." - Vianyte

4. Braviary

We say: Braviary is one of the best looking birds of any Generation. This eagle Pokemon knows wind based moves and aerial attacks like many other birds but it's very strong and with its colourful feathers it stands out from the rest.

You say: "None of my choices are as cool As Raichu.... Well maybe excluding Braviary." - RaidingRaichu

3. Serperior

We say: Many people aren't fans of Snivy for some reason. Maybe it's his name (some fans preferred his Japanese name: Tsutarja) or perhaps it's the smug grin he sports on his face. Whatever, not many people would dispute that choosing Snivy as a Starter is all worth it in the end for its awesome final evolution. This Regal Pokemon is still a smug beggar though - we understand that it doesn't take most opponents seriously unless its foe is very powerful.

Previous 1 2 Next page

Comments

1. Pichu10585 Thursday 7th Apr 2011 at 16:51

First Comment :P

This should be redone but with no competitive stuff in mind - it should be purely based on the design. The results would be almost the same though.

2. NULL Thursday 7th Apr 2011 at 17:00

I've always referred to him as "Smugleaf" he's my favorite, never played this series of Pokemon though.

3. Dan-the-Wii-man Thursday 7th Apr 2011 at 17:07

Serperior, Braviary and Galvantula are in my team!! :D I actually chose to get white over blzck so i could get Bravisry :D:D

4. Chocolate king Thursday 7th Apr 2011 at 17:13

I can't believe Haxorus didn't have a place on this list.

5. K-tet Thursday 7th Apr 2011 at 17:40

None of my top six are on that list, and aside from Chandelure and perhaps Emolga, the other four aren't worthy of a team position in my eyes. Zoroark's Illusion ability is mooted as your opponent can see your Pokémon before the battle starts. Braviary is outclassed by Staraptor. Galvantula is easily walled and whatever shuts Galvantula down more often than not shuts down Emolga too, and Serperior is rubbish. Yes, its DW ability will make it the best Grass-type starter, but until then both Venusaur and Sceptile outclass it. Chandelure has a massive Special Attack but is slow, and actually due to its low HP and frailty it is OHKO'd by an Alakazam Shadow Ball.

My top six: Volcarona, Terrakion, Gigalith, Hydreigon, Reuniclus and Excadrill.

6. Rintoni Thursday 7th Apr 2011 at 17:49

Ooh I have Galvantula on my team and I must admit, I do really like it. Even though I'm definitely not a spider person. Oh well :)

7. wolflink Thursday 7th Apr 2011 at 17:52

One word...and one word only...
    SCRAGGEH!

8. TechnoWolf Thursday 7th Apr 2011 at 17:56

list is meh.

There isn't enough stoutland love :(
    Also Emboar and samurott are way cooler than serperior. Mega fire pig sumo with flaming beard = Awesome samurai otter > green snake

9. C00LI098 Thursday 7th Apr 2011 at 18:10

Some of my favourites, such as Emolga and Chandelure, are up there, but it seems this list was based on competitive strengths, and not on appearances. I would have liked to have seen Haxorus and Hydreigon, too. And Elgyem. But that'd never happen.

10. Sonic56 Thursday 7th Apr 2011 at 18:32

Braviary and serperior are both on my team and zoroark was but replaced it with Carracosta

11. 575Revolve Thursday 7th Apr 2011 at 18:38

Needs more Vanillish, Bouffalant and Darumaka.

12. concernedcamel Thursday 7th Apr 2011 at 18:56

Mine are darmanitan krookodile blitzle Seismotoad cofarigus and serperior :)

13. PokeRave Thursday 7th Apr 2011 at 19:07

4 of my team including Braviary, Serperior (Though is the worst grass pokemon EVER in terms of what mvoes it can learn, it can't defend itself against grass weaknesses so is rubbish. I prefer chandelure's previous evolution Lampent and Galvantula is SOOOO powerful if you know how to use it properly. I also have Haxorus and Emboar was my starter and stayed with me because he can take em down. Sesmitoad cause it's only weakness is grass and can pwn too many pokemon.

14. IG-42 Thursday 7th Apr 2011 at 19:13

zebstrika>elmoga

15. golden toad Thursday 7th Apr 2011 at 19:24

Zoroark!WOOHOO!!!!!!!!!! :mrgreen:
    What have you got against Tepig!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!!?!?!?!?!?!?!!?!?!?

16. KoreeluStromboli Thursday 7th Apr 2011 at 19:46

I have a Braviary as a team member on my copy of White. His nickname is Chief Bird and he is SO strong and cool, with his moves Brave Bird, Fly, Aerial Ace and Return!

I'm planning on using a different Braviary for the Battle Subway named Yewesavian. It's still a Rufflet in EV training with an Adamant nature and Sheer Force. I originally caught Yewesavian so he could be traded for a Vullaby in the future but I kept it after looking at its great nature and ability. Here's its planned moveset: Crush Claw, Rock Smash, Aerial Ace and Shadow Claw.

17. ZeldaKing Thursday 7th Apr 2011 at 19:59

no no no its all wrong
    6. Beartic
    5. Chandelure
    4. Simisage
    3. Samurott
    2. Galvantula
    1. Braviary

18. JamboJr Thursday 7th Apr 2011 at 20:01

None of those are in my team. I have lilligant, golurk (i needed a flyer), haxorus, carracosta, stoutland and volcarona.

19. The_Legend_not Thursday 7th Apr 2011 at 20:03

I really dislike Serperior because they made Snivy look so cool and eberyone liked him but i found his evolution really really bad everyone was hoping that because on its description it has grass snake it wouldnt actually tirn into a grass snake.

20. SammyDodger Thursday 7th Apr 2011 at 20:07

I personally have many favourites way more than 6, but I guess my top 6 would be (in no particular order):

Haxorus
    Braviary
    Bisharp
    Zoroark
    Cofagrigus
    Krookodile

21. SoulSilver IV Thursday 7th Apr 2011 at 20:34

Jalorda.

Dear Lord how I love thee. <3

22. K-tet Thursday 7th Apr 2011 at 20:36

In regards to Braviary and Sheer Force - While Sheer Force is a great ability, the best Pokémon that has access to it arguably is Feraligatr. Sure, you can argue Nidoking and Nidoqueen as they have more moves made available to them, but factor in Dragon Dance and recoilless Life Orb for Waterfall and Ice Punch and Feraligatr is terrifying, so much so in fact that it may replace Gyarados, and Electric-types are very common now that the fifth gen has added more support to them (and bugs too... oh wait, that's why Galvantula is on that list, makes sense :P). Gyarados has seen a lot less usage this time around.

There's a lot of love for Haxorus here too. Base 147 Attack wrecks stuff, but base 97 Speed leaves a lot to be desired. Baton Pass a +2 Speed Boost and +2 Attack from Swords Dance via a Baton Passing Ninjask to a life orb equipped Haxorus however, then start laughing! Because of that, Haxorus is #7 on my list.

23. imbusydoctorwho Thursday 7th Apr 2011 at 20:46

Needs more scraggy.

24. shy guy 64 Thursday 7th Apr 2011 at 20:53

chandelure, DARN STRAIT!

all though the rest of the list is not my personal chocies

25. Cyberguy Thursday 7th Apr 2011 at 21:07

Serperior and Zoroark in my team, and it's good to have them on there. But the love for Galvantula and not Haxorus is appalling.

26. lol95 Thursday 7th Apr 2011 at 21:14

My comment on the No.1 Pokemon. :shock:
    Can I haz job now? Joking...
    I forgot which 'mon I chose in my post on the thread (apart from Galvantula) but I have to say after seeing it in the anime Emolga is like Tamzily said cute and awesome. I'd have to agree with most of the choices, maybe not Zoroark but that's just because it was always going to be popular, I prefer the underdogs. Viva la Jellicent!

27. SimplePlan2k8 Thursday 7th Apr 2011 at 21:17

No Trubbish?! :(

28. Da_Epic_Fail Thursday 7th Apr 2011 at 21:20

Scraggy and Hydreigon needed IMO, plus I HATE Emolga (double team spam and compulsory Pikachu clone)

But the rest of the pokemon up there are some of my favourites from this generation, so it's not like I can complain.

29. Tamzily01 Thursday 7th Apr 2011 at 21:26

My comment on the No.1 Pokemon. :shock:
    Can I haz job now? Joking...

My respect for Emolga has greatly increased after learning Iris catches it in the anime, and the one on my team gets Dragon-type Hidden Power. :P

30. leaderdraco Thursday 7th Apr 2011 at 23:29

For me, the 6 best Pokemon would be:

1) Hydreigon - this guy is a beast when equipped with the right moves: Surf, Dragon Pulse, Fire Blast and Crunch
    2) Klinklang - cool design and and the only Steel type Pokemon with 3 evolution stages
    3) Haxorus - cool design and strong attacks like: Earthquake, Dragon Claw and Brick Break
    4) Volcarona - an unusual type Bug/Fire, has good Fire and Bug moves
    5) Braviary - design looks cool and has good stats overall
    6) Eelektross - no weakness and can learn a variety of moves: Flamethrower, Dragon Claw and Thunderbolt
    :D

31. noodle link Friday 8th Apr 2011 at 05:31

Serperior could just be the coolest Pokemon of all time. Emolga's pretty awesome too!

32. layton lover Friday 8th Apr 2011 at 06:15

I don't have Black or White, but some of these are pretty cool. I'm addicted to Leaf green at the moment, i fancy a go on it now...

33. TheBadger Friday 8th Apr 2011 at 09:19

I actually think that the Musketeer Quartet are the best of the new pokemon. Based on the 4 musketeers, they all have the amazing move Sacred Sword, all have pretty good stats and I think they look the best of the new pokemon! However, Kyurem also looks amazing, and is the third of the Tao Trio (Reshiram, Zekrom and Kyurem).

34. Quarg Ranger Friday 8th Apr 2011 at 09:21

Chandelure.

35. MarioMagic Friday 8th Apr 2011 at 11:11

I'm Back!!!Anyhoo, mine's probably Volcarona.

36. pokeguy101 Friday 8th Apr 2011 at 13:23

Galvantula is awesome! :mrgreen:
    I think it is one of the best new electric types (excluding legendaries), tied with Eelektross; it's speed stat and typing make it one of a kind. 8)

37. TheWaterBarron Friday 8th Apr 2011 at 13:30

What about Darmanitan? Eh? He quickly became my fave new fire pokemon. Scrafty, a dark/fighting pokemon that can learn dragon type movese, and lets not forget Bisharp, dis him and he'll slice you in two!

38. blastburn Friday 8th Apr 2011 at 14:41

where is haxorus he is like awesome! leaving him out is pure criminal his design is pretty good too :mrgreen:

39. Dragongirl Friday 8th Apr 2011 at 14:55

Serperior is absolutely awesome and has a great design with a great speed stat. The lack of love for Hydreigon is shocking, its an absolute battling monster! Emolga dosn't deserve a place =L not with the likes of Eelectross and Volcarona.

40. chaz 1805 Friday 8th Apr 2011 at 15:45

Four of these are in my team!!! Zoroark, Galvantula, Chandlure and Braviary. (Samurott and Golurk are the other two)

41. SunnyIsland Friday 8th Apr 2011 at 16:22

I really want a Chandelure and Bravairy but both of them evolve at ridiculously high levels! :(

42. TaleOfTheToaster Friday 8th Apr 2011 at 17:51

As well as an Archeops, Excadrill & Basculin, I'm using three from that list; Serperior, Galvantula & Chandelure.

My favourite new Pokemon is Basculin, but I love Klink, Audino & Druddigon.

43. TaleOfTheToaster Friday 8th Apr 2011 at 17:52

My favourite new Pokemon is Basculin, but I love Klink, Audino & Druddigon.

BTW, they all have the PokeRus! :mrgreen:

44. Messi97 Friday 8th Apr 2011 at 18:32

5. Oshawott
    4. Oshawott
    3. Oshawott
    2. Oshawott
    1. OSHAWOTT

OSHAWOTT RULES

45. RaidingRaichu Friday 8th Apr 2011 at 20:00

Yay! Mine got put up!

46. Rich231 Friday 8th Apr 2011 at 20:19

What? What!? Where is the Pokemon who look like they have moustaches and beards!? Fraxure, Herdier, Stoutland and the male Jellicent. Where are they!?

47. Poke-uber-power Friday 8th Apr 2011 at 20:25

How come you don't have Kyurem on there? Dragon/Ice-Type is epic! And how on Earth (or in Unova) could you possibly deny Haxorus and Hydreigon? They are two of my favourite Dragon-Type pokemon, alongside Flygon and, of course, Garchomp. And because Dragon is my FAVOURITE Type (even though I call myself Ice), this coinsidentally means they are three (remember Kyurem?) of my ALL-TIME FAVOURITE POKEMON. You must put them on the ONM top 5.

48. fisher2007 Friday 8th Apr 2011 at 21:46

my favorites 6 pokemon are

Hydreigon
    Braviary
    Haxorus
    Krookodile
    Zoroark
    mandibuzz

49. The_BAAD_Man Saturday 9th Apr 2011 at 03:11

My list would have been a bit different!
    Scolipede
    Gigalith
    Krookodile
    Haxorus
    Emolga
    Serperior

50. Red-Wolf Saturday 9th Apr 2011 at 15:55

Never expected Chandelure and Galvantula to be the most popular Pokemon this generation, but still, glad to see Braviary getting a shout. My favourites this generation are:

6: Garbodor

5: Simisage

4: Carracosta

3: Emboar

2: Zekrom

1: Braviary

My Pokemon favourites are always changing, but this is a rough idea of where they stand right now.

51. awesomeadam15 Saturday 9th Apr 2011 at 19:12

Braviary and serperior are on my team, but to be honest i have no idea how emolga made it on the list, I found them so annoying in the electric gym. Also how galvantula got number one confuses me.
    Anyway, i think the 4 other that should have been on are :

Hydreigon, it has great all round stats
    Darmanitan, its massive power combined with its sheer force ability makes it majorly powerful
    Eelektross, good stats and it just looks really cool
    Seismitoad, it may be an ugly thing but its well covered against super effective moves since it's water/ground

52. mama_luigi Saturday 9th Apr 2011 at 19:30

WHY IS SERPIRIOR THERE :evil: !!!!!!!!!!! SAMUROTT BEATS HIM HANDS DOWN (COZ HES AN OTTER AND A SAMURAI!) I HATE SERPIRIOR-EVEN HIS NAME IS SNOBBY!
    p.s emboar is cool too

53. MetalShadowSonic Saturday 9th Apr 2011 at 19:54

What? No mention of bisharp? And what about zorua?

54. MrGooseyMoose Saturday 9th Apr 2011 at 20:07

Yay for Emolga and Braviary!

55. Gameking53 Saturday 9th Apr 2011 at 20:13

Volcarona ftw!

56. ClockMenace Saturday 9th Apr 2011 at 20:34

Hmm! I never could train my Flitwick to evolve, and I even have a Dusk Stone. A pity, Chandelure was one of my main reasons for getting Black.

57. diddykongracer Saturday 9th Apr 2011 at 21:39

My top 6 are: 1. Krookodile 2. Seismitoad 3. Braviary 4. Amoongus 5. Bisharp 6. Fraxure

58. phamnguyenminh Sunday 10th Apr 2011 at 07:34

With me all Dragon-type Pokemon are coolest pokemon ever, especially Kyurem since he is Dragon/Ice, they are both my most favorite type in Pokemon.

59. Arceus616 Sunday 10th Apr 2011 at 08:36

I have all apart from Chandelure, and Serperior (but have a snivy).

60. jackriggers Monday 11th Apr 2011 at 11:49

I'm actually a little bit in love with Leavanny, I crushed Cynthia and most of the Elite Four with mine...

61. Laprascorsola Monday 11th Apr 2011 at 11:58

Volcarona rules!!!

62. neoXD Tuesday 12th Apr 2011 at 16:53

I love serperior my friends is immensly powerful

63. TheOriginalFreak Saturday 23rd Apr 2011 at 16:18

Ahh nice set of 6 and whoever goes on that any of those pokemon are crap...no your just crap yoursef, no pokemon is crap..I took down a Rayquaza with something as measely as a Zigzagoon on emerald...so hush up...although two of those pokemon are on my team. :)
    Serperior
    Braviary
    Haxourous
    Eelektross
    Bisharp and
    Heatmor ^_^ :mrgreen:

64. Valentine1402 Thursday 28th Apr 2011 at 15:11

Hm, I love Serperior, Victini, Zebstrika and a few others ^-^ My top three is those ones by far! Um, yeah. *shifty*

65. Coblib Saturday 30th Apr 2011 at 18:30

Bisharp,Sigilyph,Hydreigon,Golurk and Volcarona are my favourites

66. minisamurott Thursday 18th Aug 2011 at 11:29

I can't believe they didn't include hydreigon, Servine,Samurott, Volcarno, Kyurem or Elektross.