Ace Attorney Investigations 2 not coming to the US: Capcom

Would you like it to be released in the UK?

Capcom's Christian Svensson has confirmed that Ace Attorney Investigations won't be released in the US.

Speaking on an ASK Capcom webcast, Svensson was asked if the new Ace Attorney game will be coming to the US. "I assume that means Ace Attorney Investigations 2," said Capcom's US VP. "The answer is no. Sorry about that."

Considering it's not being localised for the US, it would appear unlikely that it will be released outside of Japan. That would be a shame as Ace Attorney: Miles Edgeworth was arguably the best game in the series.

The sequel is out now in Japan. It begins with Edgeworth investigating an assassination attempt on President Outeikun. Edgeworth's Dad - Gregory Edgeworth - also turns up as a playable character in the third chapter. You can find out more about Ace Attorney Investigations 2 here.

Would you like Ace Attorney Investigations to be released in the UK?

[ Source: N-Europe ]

Comments

1. Captain Kuchiki Friday 8th Apr 2011 at 10:10

I guess that means it isn't being released here then, as we rely on US translations (I still want my 'colour' in a Pokémon game).

Let's just hope we still get Layton vs Wright.

2. hqmanpoke Friday 8th Apr 2011 at 10:24

I loved the first one.. I say that but i haven't actually completed it :O But they are very enjoyable games.. I hope it does come to Europe.

3. Raszero Friday 8th Apr 2011 at 10:25

...
    q_q
    Bringon the fansub equivilent.

4. Blue Toad Friday 8th Apr 2011 at 10:26

I guess they don't see a point with the 3DS already here and stealing sales. Still, that's incredibly disappointing news. Ace Attorney is such a great franchise. :<

5. VaatiKaiba Friday 8th Apr 2011 at 10:44

Seriously disappointed by this. I was really looking forward to it - the first Investigations game was good fun. I just pray that this decision doesn't reflect what will happen with Professor Layton v Ace Attorney, or I will cry.

6. Mart2006 Friday 8th Apr 2011 at 11:08

Although I've never actually played an Ace Attorney game, I've never actually understood what all the fuss is about.

7. Kooper Friday 8th Apr 2011 at 11:22

Does this mean I'm going to have to learn japanese...

8. RobertK Friday 8th Apr 2011 at 11:26

NOOOOOOOOO

I LOVE the ace attorney games and I was really really looking forward to this coming out!!!
    What I'm thinking is that ace attorney might not have a large fanbase in the US but it DEFINITELY has a HUGE one in the UK and Ireland where I'm from.

I am hoping beyond hope that this will come out here because the last Mils Edgeworth game was A-Mazing!!! and I really want to get the chance to play as him and the new gameplay in another game

Please Capcom, release it here!

9. Phoenix Wright Friday 8th Apr 2011 at 11:33

An absolutely FOOLISH decision from Capcom - and they're doing an awful lot of that lately, it seems.

10. master dingley Friday 8th Apr 2011 at 11:42

NOOOOOO D= D= D=

11. imbusydoctorwho Friday 8th Apr 2011 at 12:51

Investigations was brilliant and I'm really hyping it but now I fell a bit upset about this decision,I think Capcom has made a mistake.

12. TheWaterBarron Friday 8th Apr 2011 at 13:36

I was worried this would happen because of the 3ds. Everyone thinks they can forget about the back log of ds games that havn't came out here yet like, Dragon Quest VI, Ni no Kuni and Professor Layton 4, does this mean we won't see these games because they don't think they'll sell well with the 3ds out? I'd rather have Investigations 2, the 3ds launch line up was terrible.

13. PeterR Friday 8th Apr 2011 at 14:29

well thats very disappointing. maybe if they dont think it will sell well on the DS they could release it on 3DS e store?

14. Munchlax OWNS Friday 8th Apr 2011 at 14:54

But... why?

15. kracian Friday 8th Apr 2011 at 15:30

Oh no! please come to Europe >_< I'll be really upset if it doesn't

16. tomutwit Friday 8th Apr 2011 at 16:02

noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

17. Kooper Friday 8th Apr 2011 at 17:02

That is the best idea I have ever heard - it would be awesome to have it as a download!

But I suppose it would require the same amount of work to localise, so capcom probably wouldn't. Shame.

18. Lock-On Friday 8th Apr 2011 at 17:05

Oh.... well i guess i've got no choice but to learn japanese

19. Marioman5000 Friday 8th Apr 2011 at 17:47

Time to learn Japanese, then. :(

20. ditto9 Friday 8th Apr 2011 at 17:52

Sorry to put a more controversial twist on the comments, but this sort of decision is only going to promote hacked and patched ROM versions for people to download in a rough translation from Japanese.
    I dont even understand their logic, it's bizarre.

21. tomutwit Friday 8th Apr 2011 at 18:15

and compress

22. IPecksU Friday 8th Apr 2011 at 19:50

Ace attorney is one of my favourite types of games! I hope Europe gets this and layton vs phoenix wright! I lost all masculinity with a scream of epic proportion when I saw the trailer for that

23. Deku Scrub142 Friday 8th Apr 2011 at 21:19

Hmm, America never got Last Window either mind. Here's hopeing at any rate, will suck if we don't get this though it is understandable why.

24. Tahrenator Saturday 9th Apr 2011 at 05:52

Noooooooooooooooooo! I've beaten every case in every ace attorney game so far (for the record, Apollo Justice SUCKED if only because the game completely ripped apart the awesomeness that is Pheonix Wright, if you've played the 3 Pheonix Wright games, don't play Apollo Justice! Just skip to the awesome Ace Attorney Investigations game :)) & was definitely waiting on a translation. Hopefully they change their minds or whatever. Someone's gotta demand justice to be served & for them to not commit such a heinous crime against humanity in not translating Ace Attorney investigations 2... TAKE THAT! :D

25. RobertK Saturday 9th Apr 2011 at 08:22

Personally I thought Apollo Justice was a SAVAGE game, not as good as the others but definitely warrants a second outing

26. Kirby8 Monday 11th Apr 2011 at 02:32

OMG! Seriously?!? I love the Ace Attorney series. No offence though, but the first investigations wasn't that great. It was good fun and was interesting, quirky and funny...and all the old characters were great...but not as good as the original trilogy. Especially the end of the last case...the dramatic effect was ruined because it kept happening...then he said "And I would have gotten away with it to if it wan't for you meddling prosecutors". I feel like I'm the only person who noticed this. But I digress...it was still a good game and would still love to play the sequel. The trailer was very good and they have a massive fan base. Not localising it for us is stupid. Does this mean, like others said, we won't get any of the other DS games yet to be localised?? This is ridiculous. I think Nintendo...at E3...should do a little "DS isn't dead" thing and show all the great games that will be coming to us for the DS because they were made prior to the 3DS development/announcement to developers or whatever. Don't let us lose these games Nintendo!! PLEASE!!

27. CalicoJack Sunday 17th Apr 2011 at 11:04

I really hope it does get a European localisation. The series is one of my all time favourites. The music, the design, the gameplay, the localisation and characters are all by far some of the best in gaming.Though the fanbase may be smaller outside of Japan, it is an incredibly loyal one and active one. It's enough of a shame that we don't get Japanese releases like Catherine, Layton X Wright or Square's near constant 'Final Mixes'. I think real opportunities are being missed here. You could release this new game in a 3DS bundle to get people interested, or run limited prints of Japan only games that the West give a lot of attention for the US and Europe.