Legend Of Zelda Ocarina Of Time 3DS UK release date announced

When is it coming?

Nintendo has announced the UK release date for The Legend Of Zelda: Ocarina Of Time 3D. It is coming on 17 June, two days before the US version.

Ocarina Of Time 3D is a remastered version of the classic Nintendo 64 adventure, widely regarded to be the best Zelda game of all time.

However, the Nintendo 3DS version should improve on the original with glorious 3D visuals, an intuitive item selection system and extra challenges.

What's more it will also come packaged with the Master Quest, an extra quest with revamped puzzles and redesigned dungeons. This was originally available in Europe as a pre-order bonus with the Gamecube's The Legend of Zelda: Wind Waker.

Are you going to buy The Legend Of Zelda: Ocarina Of Time 3D for Nintendo 3DS? Let us know by commenting below...

Comments

1. jimbob555 Tuesday 12th Apr 2011 at 13:52

Look's like whoever said it was probably going to be the 17th was right! :D

2. VaatiKaiba Tuesday 12th Apr 2011 at 13:53

Who isn't going to buy Zelda?? This should definitely be the game that starts pushing the 3DS out in huge volume.

Also, is there a Japanese date yet? Or is it out already?

3. Natawii Tuesday 12th Apr 2011 at 13:54

Can't wait! Since I haven't had a chance to get the original, this should be awesome! :D

4. smalldude070 Tuesday 12th Apr 2011 at 13:56

WOOO! YEAAHHHHH.
    It's a pity that's right in the middle of my exams.
    I'll be picking this up afterwards (Y).
    Announce that online chat's coming in an update! Please Nintendo, for me.

5. Medevac Tuesday 12th Apr 2011 at 13:57

Brilliant 8)

6. darkandy666 Tuesday 12th Apr 2011 at 13:57

YES!!!!!!!!! gonna get this day 1

7. robophobia Tuesday 12th Apr 2011 at 14:00

I am going to be on my honeymoon then! I shouldn'y really complain but I will anyway! I would like it to be released the week before HAHA!

Bittersweet moment...

8. KnuxIBF Tuesday 12th Apr 2011 at 14:07

I'd rather see a Mario Kart 3DS release date personally.

9. Super Sladey Tuesday 12th Apr 2011 at 14:08

I pre-ordered this as soon as I could, already had a go on the demo at an event and it is amazing from what I've seen so far. I hope Nintendo release a demo of this on the e-shop (HINTY HINT!!!) whenever that gets released on the next system update. Good times ahead for 3DS owners :D

10. Riverlution Tuesday 12th Apr 2011 at 14:13

I am very excited now. I think I may have exams close to that point though :(

11. Oxo64 Tuesday 12th Apr 2011 at 14:15

Not too long to wait, nice.

12. Mahzes Tuesday 12th Apr 2011 at 14:18

Is it wrong for me to actually be more interested in the StarFox 64 remake than this?

I like OoT, and whilst this is more of a remake/ upgrade than an outright rerelease, it's been rereleased a few times already (collector's disc, Virtual Console), enough to stop me being overly excited for it. StarFox has been released less, hence more excitement.

13. emperor ing Tuesday 12th Apr 2011 at 14:20

Great stuff. This is one of the couple of main games that I bought my 3DS for, so I'm glad that there's not long to go! I'm hoping to finish OoT 100% this time as I was missing a couple of heart containers when I finished the WW bonus disc version.

14. Laganwanderer Tuesday 12th Apr 2011 at 14:22

I will be getting this as soon as it's released if I am so excited that we finally have a release date. Better start saving those pennies!

15. Snizzbut Tuesday 12th Apr 2011 at 14:22

omg... thats my bday! :shock:

16. shy guy 64 Tuesday 12th Apr 2011 at 14:27

YA FRIGGIN' BEAUTY!!!! :D :D :D :D

MUST PREORDER IMEDEATLY

17. layton lover Tuesday 12th Apr 2011 at 14:31

YES! A RELEASE DATE! I shall get this as my 'holiday game', that will keep me entertained for sure... :')

18. aidanpowers1 Tuesday 12th Apr 2011 at 14:33

Better get saving :D

19. rayboi Tuesday 12th Apr 2011 at 14:44

I am gonna get this game. period. :D

20. CyberGW Tuesday 12th Apr 2011 at 14:46

HA! I bet America are getting REALLLLLY angry now since we got Pokemon Black and White, the 3DS and now this before them! Serves them right after they've been hogging the first realease dates for so many years!

21. Captain Kuchiki Tuesday 12th Apr 2011 at 15:38

Just pre-ordered my copy of OoT for £9.99 - gotta love reward points!

22. adam5366 Tuesday 12th Apr 2011 at 15:44

Anyone with a mind should buy this.

23. jammy3000100 Tuesday 12th Apr 2011 at 16:02

Finally Im definitely going to preorder this one at the weekend Im looking forward to it soooooo much!

24. Gameking53 Tuesday 12th Apr 2011 at 16:04

Wow, Nintendo have really been nice to us lately. Pokémon BW, the 3DS and now this.

I can't wait! :D

25. ktt Tuesday 12th Apr 2011 at 16:11

Wow I am so excited for this!!! I have been ever since before Christmas, so much in fact I asked and received as a gift a Nintendo 64 and the original Ocarina of Time game!!!! It's fantastic.

26. neoXD Tuesday 12th Apr 2011 at 16:40

im so phsyched for this game I love how the puzzle's are designed

27. Da_Epic_Fail Tuesday 12th Apr 2011 at 17:01

17th of June, the day of my last exam of secondary school. What a perfect way to enjoy the gap between school and college! Never actually finished Ocarina of Time before (gave up at the Water Temple), so not only have I promised myself to finish it, but also try for 100% for the first time in a Zelda game.

TL,DR version: Can't wait :D

28. nintyspong3826 Tuesday 12th Apr 2011 at 17:07

10 days after this I finish my exams. Shan't be sleeping that night.

29. mattym727 Tuesday 12th Apr 2011 at 17:16

Would people recommend this to new comers to the zelda series?If so,why? With all the hype I think I'll get it... :?

30. chaz 1805 Tuesday 12th Apr 2011 at 17:19

I like the part where it say we get it two days before US. :wink:
    Surprisingly, we've been getting a lot of things before them recently! :P

31. ARWING64 Tuesday 12th Apr 2011 at 17:30

I`d rather know about the Starfox 64 3D release date. That looks more impressive in terms of graphical update and 3D capability.

32. LOZ_01 Tuesday 12th Apr 2011 at 17:37

yes!!!!! this is what ive been waiting for!!!
    and it comes out on payday!!!!! even better 8)

33. CartoonWar Tuesday 12th Apr 2011 at 17:43

How 'bout eShop/internet browser release date? I mean, just saying May isn't accurate enough >:C

34. j.campbell3 Tuesday 12th Apr 2011 at 18:00

Of course everyones gonna buy it!
    1.its zelda
    2.its got a ocarina
    3.its a remake of one of the best games ever!

35. Ai64 Tuesday 12th Apr 2011 at 18:37

Excellent! Not too far away too. I can't wait for this legendary remake. :D

36. nintenfan20 Tuesday 12th Apr 2011 at 18:52

WOOOOHHOOOOOOOO!!!!!! Now I wait in eager anticipation for the experience of my life... 8)

37. issun1412 Tuesday 12th Apr 2011 at 19:06

That's my birthday!

38. peteflea Tuesday 12th Apr 2011 at 20:38

definitely ... surely anyone over the age of 10 that owns a 3ds will buy it .

And I would wager allot of people will buy a 3ds for this game also.

39. masamune Tuesday 12th Apr 2011 at 20:42

Meh, I probably won't buy it until a few years later, once it's gone down in price to like £5-10. Never liked OoT much but the remake might be a bit better.

40. imbusydoctorwho Tuesday 12th Apr 2011 at 20:47

Yes! o Yes!.
    I can't wait only 2 months to go.

41. SunnyIsland Tuesday 12th Apr 2011 at 21:48

I would love to get it but it's right bang in the middle of my GCSE exams :(

42. PeterR Tuesday 12th Apr 2011 at 22:12

yay! will be preordering this soon then, cant wait.

43. CraigEmberson Wednesday 13th Apr 2011 at 00:22

Firstly, for those saying it's just another release... The hugely updated graphics look amazing, the framerate is 60fps which is superspeed and it no longer lags AT ALL. Also, the sound quality is better on the 3DS, with better control layout and new content including Master Quest - It has to be bought, it's all I wanted to play at the event in February.

The box art looks amazing, with Link on his horse and the logo, with a golden background with a border with the Ocarina of Time and Sheik's Harp alternating in each corner - love it!

44. masamune Wednesday 13th Apr 2011 at 11:48

It has to be bought

No it doesn't.

45. Blenkin66 Wednesday 13th Apr 2011 at 13:57

looks like im getting the 3ds on the 17th of june then!!!!

46. Red-Wolf Wednesday 13th Apr 2011 at 14:46

I think I will buy it. The niggly bits put me off the original and if they are ironed out this time, I may actually enjoy the game this time (though I finished it once when I was younger).

47. zapper01 Wednesday 13th Apr 2011 at 15:57

I really like how Link looks in this game. I think should be used for a brand new 3ds zelda game. I'm really excited to play this game again, it will probably look amazing. Although, I don't really like the idea of moving the 3ds around to aim... I hope it's optional.

48. colescj Wednesday 13th Apr 2011 at 17:09

My birthday XD

49. Lost Cause Wednesday 13th Apr 2011 at 17:30

I've been holding out on getting a 3DS until this came along. Yay!

50. BlueNayru Wednesday 13th Apr 2011 at 20:54

Pleasepleasepleasepleaseplease that they announce a special edition 3DS bundle for the release! (I doubt it because the 3DS was released pretty recently but I can still dream 8D)
    Either way, I'm getting it with a 3DS :D

51. Blenkin66 Thursday 14th Apr 2011 at 07:51

Either way, I'm getting it with a 3DS :D

i am hoping the exact same thing happens as I didnt see the point in getting a 3ds before now!

52. WindWaker Thursday 14th Apr 2011 at 14:54

My Birthday is 25th of june.
    YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

53. 3DSRulesO.K Friday 15th Apr 2011 at 14:42

My Birthdays 22nd of June
    DoubleYesSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D !!!

54. taximadish Thursday 5th May 2011 at 07:29

What do you mean, Ocarina of Time is "Widely regarded to be the best Zelda game of all time."

It is THE best game of all time. End story.

55. masamune Thursday 5th May 2011 at 07:50

It is THE best game of all time. End story.

that story is a silly and bad story. you should be ashamed of your skilllessness. ashamed.

56. kateell Thursday 5th May 2011 at 09:40

I will definitely get this game, can't wait! I really hope it comes in a bundle with the 3DS console as I haven't bought it yet - haven't fancied any of the games up until now!

57. reeesy Thursday 5th May 2011 at 12:30

I'm gonna play it late each night when everyone has gone to bed. That way i can fully immerse myself. Looking forward to falling in love with this game all over again :)

58. Monika 2011 Tuesday 7th Jun 2011 at 21:54

Getting mine next week can't wait :D