Legend Of Zelda: Ocarina Of Time 3D box art

How does it compare to the old N64 games?

Nintendo has released the US box art for The Legend Of Zelda: Ocarina Of Time 3D.

However, although Nintendo announced the UK release date for The Legend Of Zelda Ocarina Of Time 3D yesterday, the company has yet to reveal the UK box art and as fans of the original will know, it could change.

<b>Legend Of Zelda Ocarina Of Time 3D US box art</b>
Legend Of Zelda Ocarina Of Time 3D US box art
While the US box art for the original N64 version was gold, the UK version was black with a gold logo.

This new version is gold like the US original but it also features Link riding Epona.

What do you think of the US box art and do you prefer it to the old version (see images below)?

Here are some Legend Of Zelda: Ocarina Of Time 3D screenshots.

Comments

1. jammy3000100 Wednesday 13th Apr 2011 at 11:46

I like the boxart I just thought It would be a bit more like...... modern and less retro but I think it works.

2. Riverlution Wednesday 13th Apr 2011 at 11:48

The box is amazing, but there is one thing that ruins it. That white strip at the bottom telling parents not to let under 7's use the game in 3D. Which is also pointless since the age rating just to the right says 10+, so really under 7's shouldn't be playing it in the first place.

I wish if it really is necessary that they could have left it on the back :/

3. lrwr14 Wednesday 13th Apr 2011 at 12:21

I hope they make the cart gold :) that would be awesome.

4. crobb991 Wednesday 13th Apr 2011 at 12:34

the box art looks cool i love it

roll on the 17th already have this game paid off

5. imbusydoctorwho Wednesday 13th Apr 2011 at 12:53

Nice box art,could be a little bit better by removing the 3D is bad for kids under 7.but that will be removed with the UK version,we're lucky :P

Ocarina Of Time is Nintendo's 3DS baby so they really want to make it special so I hope there's some club Nintendo collectables or maybe a shiny case and Gold cartage.

6. shy guy 64 Wednesday 13th Apr 2011 at 13:08

nice

7. Ai64 Wednesday 13th Apr 2011 at 13:28

The boxart looks ace! Nicely desgined too.

8. hitmonking Wednesday 13th Apr 2011 at 14:55

I love it! but a gold cart would be orgasmic

9. Lozridge Wednesday 13th Apr 2011 at 15:52

Awh, when I read the title of this post I thought that the box art was in 3D :(
    But never mind, it still looks awesome! :D

10. allanironmaiden Wednesday 13th Apr 2011 at 16:33

i like the US box art but as the article says, the UK box art is likely to be different. for me, i would be happy with the good old original box art.....its OOT afterall....i want it as it was lol

11. Satanic Goat Wednesday 13th Apr 2011 at 16:38

I'm hoping we get a limited 25th Anniversary 3DS console with it

12. reeesy Wednesday 13th Apr 2011 at 16:39

Looks great. But i don't think it needs Link on Epona.

Simple is the order of the day here, and it would be a nice nod to the original N64 box artwork.

But glad to see they haven't 'cartooned' it up.

13. wolfy98 Wednesday 13th Apr 2011 at 17:03

My birthday is june 19 :D :D :D

14. Captain Kuchiki Wednesday 13th Apr 2011 at 17:51

I'd like it, if not for the "Playable in 2D and 3D mode for ages 7+. See Back". Wouldn't it be common sense for someone to look at the back of the box?

15. pokemanD Wednesday 13th Apr 2011 at 18:00

Awesome.Gold cart would be awesome+ 25th aniversary edition 3ds.

16. retrotoad Wednesday 13th Apr 2011 at 18:01

I hope they make the cart gold :) that would be awesome.

I'd love it if they did that :) , I wonder if they will...

17. CraigEmberson Wednesday 13th Apr 2011 at 18:43

I notice the corners show the Ocarina of Time and Sheik's Harp, nice touch - From Skyward Sword images, it seems Sheik's harp is the main instrument of that game.

18. MrChewtoy Wednesday 13th Apr 2011 at 20:16

Looks lovely, and it's a cover Nintendo can be proud of.

19. The_BAAD_Man Thursday 14th Apr 2011 at 03:05

That's ace artwork!

20. NULL Thursday 14th Apr 2011 at 08:22

I like it but then I don't. It looks good as a retro type remake cover, but for the actual game i think it could be much better, see the Zelda 3DS spoof bundle for details.

I do agree with someone in this thread though that they could just go with the original cover.

http://images.wikia.com/zelda/images/7/ ... me_(Europe).png

It would be a real wow factor for the older gamers. Like a "I've seen this before!!!!! but is completely new."

21. layton lover Thursday 14th Apr 2011 at 08:40

I think it's beautiful, and a very nice representation of the game.

22. Sabrewulf Thursday 14th Apr 2011 at 08:50

I'll always prefer the original, gold on black - classic for a legendary game :D

23. kracian Thursday 14th Apr 2011 at 13:14

wow thats amazing!! would be totally happy with that as our boxart ^^ so simple yet effective

24. omza Thursday 14th Apr 2011 at 14:02

I still think this image (previously used on the cover of the guidebook) should be the boxart for the 3DS remake.

25. Pappi Thursday 14th Apr 2011 at 16:52

It is eye catching!

26. DoTheMario Thursday 14th Apr 2011 at 22:15

I think it looks amazing, and besides, the boxart isn't everything, its the GAME that matters! :D

27. JamezP Thursday 14th Apr 2011 at 22:19

The box looks AWESOME! I wish the games was released 2 days earlier, on my BIRTHDAY!

28. JackBassV Friday 15th Apr 2011 at 18:13

The design is fine, but it should be black with gold. The US version looks so tacky.

29. Golden Knight Friday 15th Apr 2011 at 20:37

I'd like a golden 3DS to be released alongside Ocarina - similar to the golden Zelda GameBoy SP which launched with The Minish Cap - still my favourite gaming console