Nintendo: We haven't given up on Wii

Unannounced games on the way...

Nintendo confirmed that a new home console is on the way in 2012 earlier this week but that doesn't mean that the company has given up on the current console. According to Nintendo chief Satoru Iwata there are still plenty of exciting games on the way, including ones that haven't even been announced yet.

"We have not released any new Nintendo software titles for Wii, except for The Last Story (Japanese Title) in January, partly because we have focused on the launch of Nintendo 3DS since the beginning of this year. Therefore, some in Japan seem to have the misunderstanding that Nintendo has given up making efforts on Wii. We are actually ready to release new Wii software titles every month from May to the end of this year."

Those games include Pandora's Tower, GoldenEye 007, and Wii Play: Motion, Rhythm Paradise, Inazuma Eleven Strikers, Mario & Sonic at the London 2012 Olympic Games, Just Dance 2, The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword, and a new Kirby title.

However, Iwata also admitted that there are as-yet-unannounced games coming to Nintendo's home console.

"Other new titles currently unannounced will be ready to be launched within this year," said Iwata. Before the launch of the Wii successor, we will be aiming at creating other excitement for Wii in Japan, which has a large installed base of Wii hardware."

Which of the new games would you like to be released in the UK. Rhythm Paradise Wii, Inazuma 11 Wii or the new Kirby title?

[ Source: NintendoEverything ]

Comments

1. JamieRIOT Wednesday 27th Apr 2011 at 09:25

Hmm, i could of sworn Goldeneye 007 and Just Dance 2 are already out? :\

2. pokemonster Wednesday 27th Apr 2011 at 09:33

The new Kirby game of course 8) :D

3. tobes325 Wednesday 27th Apr 2011 at 09:52

Yeah I'm intrigued about a new kirby title having loved the last one! :D

4. SimplePlan2k8 Wednesday 27th Apr 2011 at 10:18

As much as I enjoyed Goldeneye, I don't think we need another ONM :lol:

5. pokemanD Wednesday 27th Apr 2011 at 10:19

KARBYYYYYYYY!!!!!!!!

6. The Mafster Wednesday 27th Apr 2011 at 10:47

Pikmin 3 please.

7. tomutwit Wednesday 27th Apr 2011 at 10:55

Those games include Pandora's Tower, Wii Play: Motion, Rhythm Paradise, Inazuma Eleven Strikers, Mario & Sonic at the London 2012 Olympic Games, The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword, and a new Kirby title.

Fix'd.

Have you seen the new Project Cafe rumors? One picture says it can stream stuff from PCs and Xbox 360s... that really sounds like a Microsoft console to me, so I think the people over at 1up.com have got a bit mixed up...

8. Avalanche2114 Wednesday 27th Apr 2011 at 11:01

I can't wait for the new Kirby!

9. lminett Wednesday 27th Apr 2011 at 11:18

New F zero please

10. ginjaninja Wednesday 27th Apr 2011 at 11:20

Is the new kirby game going to be a sequel to epic yarn? ether way its gona be AWSOME

11. ledreppe Wednesday 27th Apr 2011 at 11:20

When I read "A new Kirby game", all was forgiven Nintendo. If it's anything like (or better) than Epic Yarn then I'm sold, I absolutley loved Epic Yarn. Haven't played my Wii for over a month now, as I got a 3DS, but haven't missed any new games I'm interested in for the Wii, as there haven't been many new titles (as mentioned in the article).

12. neongiratina Wednesday 27th Apr 2011 at 11:25

Inazuma Eleven. One of the best games on DS imo

13. wiill 64 Wednesday 27th Apr 2011 at 11:54

Seeing as the Wii successor probably won't be out untill November/December 2012 Nintendo's still got plenty it can do with the Wii untill then. Here's a few games I think the Wii is missing:
    F-Zero, Custom Robo, 1080, Wave Race, PilotWings, Pikmin, Yoshi's Island, an online Mario Party, StarFox, Mario golf/Tennis, Luigi's Mansion sequel, Eternal Darkness sequel.
    As for what they're meant to be releasing I would like to see:
    Pandora's Tower, Rhythm Paradise, The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword, Kirby and Xenoblade.
    Not bothered about Wii Play Motion or Mario & Sonic.

14. imbusydoctorwho Wednesday 27th Apr 2011 at 12:00

Goldeneye again nice.

15. slangman Wednesday 27th Apr 2011 at 12:08

This is just another example of video game journalism at it's very best. Professionalism? Who cares?

I hear Super Mario Galaxy 2 might be coming out this year..... :roll:

16. Oxo64 Wednesday 27th Apr 2011 at 12:35

Just because we get a new home console in 2012 it doesn't mean the Wii's lifespan is over. Although I have to admit it is good to hear this from Nintendo themselves.

Its exciting to hear that there are even unannounced titles still to come, we haven't got Dragon Quest X yet either! :D

Long live the Wii! ...until late 2012 anyway...

17. Buffalo_K Wednesday 27th Apr 2011 at 12:56

PIKMIN 3 PLEEZ!!!
    Wanted this since the original Pikmin 2!
    Hoping for new coloured Pikmin.

18. kingshigsy Wednesday 27th Apr 2011 at 13:14

star fox and f-zero please

19. Water Max Wednesday 27th Apr 2011 at 13:24

I want Pikmin 3 to be released on the Wii soon.

20. duanecube Wednesday 27th Apr 2011 at 13:43

I'm glad I'm not the only one wanting Pikmin 3.
    I guess we'll just have to wait to see what E3 brings...

21. ledreppe Wednesday 27th Apr 2011 at 13:59

Goldeneye again nice.

I hope your being sarcastic, because there's no chance of another Goldeneye game, It's a mistake in the article.

22. oh dae su Wednesday 27th Apr 2011 at 14:05

I don't think Goldeneye has been released in Japan yet, that's probably why it was mentioned.

23. Kirby8 Wednesday 27th Apr 2011 at 14:22

KIRBY!!!!!!!!!! Hopefully a Kirby game with a decent difficulty level.

(>^_^)> <(^_^<)

24. Pichu10585 Wednesday 27th Apr 2011 at 15:00

Kirby's Epic Yarn 3D please.
    +Dragonquest X

25. chaz 1805 Wednesday 27th Apr 2011 at 17:08

Goldeneye again nice.

I hope you're being sarcastic. :roll:

26. ARWING64 Wednesday 27th Apr 2011 at 17:23

F-zero and a motion control starfox!

27. killganon Wednesday 27th Apr 2011 at 18:31

golden eye must refer to the n64 game also the earthbound seriesis still to be made/remade

28. Eragon Firesword Wednesday 27th Apr 2011 at 18:47

I thought 007's already been released...

Can't wait for Kirby though!!!

29. Cyberguy Wednesday 27th Apr 2011 at 19:10

I want that Kirby game! It looks even more epic than Epic Yarn! Let's hope we see it at E3.

30. MetalShadowSonic Wednesday 27th Apr 2011 at 20:32

I WANT LAST STORY!!! IT LOOKS SO EPIC DAMIT!!! AT LEAST SAY YOUR WORKING ON A UK RELESE NINTENDO!!!

31. jaco_p Wednesday 27th Apr 2011 at 21:33

i think this was meant for japan so maybe they haven't had goldeneye just dance 2 yet?
    in any case i would love last story, pikmin 3 and skyward sword. they'd probably keep me busy for a while :-D

32. Missile the dog Wednesday 27th Apr 2011 at 21:46

Those of yo saying that " here comes golden eye and just dance 2 again" it's probably because they haven't been realesed in Japan yet. Anyway excited about some of these titles such as kirby, pandora's tower and skyward sword, also I'm looking forward to the last story, axeon blade, dragon quest and of course pikmin 3 :)

33. Sonic_Freak Thursday 28th Apr 2011 at 00:01

As Missile the dog in the comment above me said, Just Dance 2 and Goldeneye 007 haven't been released in Japan yet. The article is regarding a statement Iwata made in Japan referring to the Japanese market. Check out the Investor's Meeting.
    Video:
    http://www.irwebcasting.com/110426/87/2 ... index.html

Text and pics:
    http://www.nintendo.co.jp/ir/en/library ... index.html

34. layton lover Saturday 30th Apr 2011 at 11:43

What about Dragon Quest 10!? I'm so pumped for that!

35. xychojack Saturday 30th Apr 2011 at 23:37

So they actually are releasing Mario & Sonic at the London 2012 Olympic Games....
    Can't wait to see how they'll interpret London.

36. potatopac Sunday 1st May 2011 at 21:14