New Pokémon game to be revealed next month

But will it be for Wii or 3DS?

Those hoping to find out about a new Pokémon game for Wii or 3DS will be interested to learn that Japanese magazine CoroCoro will be revealing it on 15 June.

The magazine had been expected to print details on the game in the current issue (on sale this weekend) after Dengeki DS magazine promised to reveal the new Pokémon game in its new issue which goes on sale on 21 May.

Considering CoroCoro broke most of the news on Pokémon Black and White, many gamers were expecting to see the new game appearing in this month's issue before Dengeki.

So will Dengeki reveal the new game on 21 May or will we have to wait until 15 June? We'll keep you updated.

Of course we don't know any details about this game or what format it will appear on. Back in January, Satoru Iwata said that Nintendo is working on new Pokémon 3DS and Wii products.

You can find out what Pokémon fans want from a Pokémon 3DS game in the June issue of Official Nintendo Magazine.

The latest issue of CoroCoro did reveal that gamers will receive Zekrom or Reshiram (pictured above) when they take their Pokémon Black or Pokémon White to a cinema showing the new Pokémon film which will be released on 16 July.

[ Source: Serebii ]

Comments

1. eternalmidnight Friday 13th May 2011 at 09:19

I hope to god that it's for the 3DS. I seriously need more games for that thing xD

2. Oxo64 Friday 13th May 2011 at 09:20

I'm guessing its a spin-off game. I doubt Game Freak would reveal the next gen of the main series so soon after Black and White's release. A new 'stadium' game on Wii maybe?

3. PokeMarti Friday 13th May 2011 at 09:25

SNAP 2 SNAP 2

STADIUM 3 STADIUM 3 STADIUM 3 (not being to technical, ignoring the first jap one and....that battle rev...bleugh)

:D

4. ktt Friday 13th May 2011 at 09:35

I hope it is for the 3DS as I would love a Pokemon game in 3D!!!

5. Medevac Friday 13th May 2011 at 10:01

Probably something not worth the hype...

6. Sonic56 Friday 13th May 2011 at 10:16

Hope it's for 3ds. I only have 1 3ds game and have almost completed it 100%. Hopefully if it is a 3ds game it would be battle revolutions: unova and it finds a saved game of black/white on the 3ds and then you can use pokemon from that.

7. concernedcamel Friday 13th May 2011 at 10:20

POKEMON SNAP 3DS BABY ;)

8. Captain Kuchiki Friday 13th May 2011 at 11:47

Dengeki DS will reveal it, like they said they would. All because CoroCoro didn't get to it first doesn't mean Dengeki DS won't. What will probably happen is, Dengeki DS will reveal it with a tidbit of information, then CoroCoro will reveal it to their readers, and have a bit more.

Also, CoroCoro didn't reveal Black and White; the Japanese official website did; then the games were formally announced on Pokémon Sunday.

And again using a fansite as a source...I thought this was the Official Nintendo Magazine website, where stuff should y'know, come from an official source.

9. imbusydoctorwho Friday 13th May 2011 at 12:51

Pokemon Snap 3D,Full 3D Pokemon adventure,the possibilities are endless.

10. Argenthor Friday 13th May 2011 at 13:11

Considering that is just after E3 we could also see an unveil there!

11. RaidingRaichu Friday 13th May 2011 at 13:59

Please be Pokemon Stadium 3: 3D: AR edition!!!

12. Joe_Crow Friday 13th May 2011 at 14:00

A Ruby/Sapphire remake or Stadium 3 for 3DS hopefully.

13. falconpunch94 Friday 13th May 2011 at 14:20

I really want to see a Pokémon Console game that has the story mode of XD, the online side of Battle Revolution and a storage system like My Pokémon Ranch, especially since my Box is full on White XD

14. sonic x Friday 13th May 2011 at 14:29

not unlikely to be a new main game as hg/ss wasn't even out when black and white was revealed

15. rockin ronbob Friday 13th May 2011 at 14:34

it might be a spin off like platinum with kyurem as the legendary and will probably be called pokemon grey

16. Missile the dog Friday 13th May 2011 at 15:03

Hmmm, interesting, I reckon there are three possibilities...

1. (Possible) a new stadium game to go with black and white

2. ( slight possibility ) a remake of ruby and sapphire

3. (Wishful thinking) a new pokemon snap featuring a opptinal gyro censor controls and use of ar cards and you can transfer your shots to 3ds photos :D

17. Cinaclov Friday 13th May 2011 at 15:03

My guess is it's a slow news day at ONM. A report on a lack of information is hardly worth getting excited about, especially since you could bet money on there being a 3D homeconsole game for B/W at some point, as well as an inevitable third version, and the countless spin of franchises and one offs that go with the brand. The announcement that they're working on one of those is hardly mindblowing.

18. Ai64 Friday 13th May 2011 at 16:01

It might be a remake of ruby or sapphire or...a new spin off I'm gussing. ^^

19. Link16 Friday 13th May 2011 at 16:09

And ONM once again displays their uncanny ability of giving us 'news' we knew about three weeks ago.

I think it will be for 3ds and will be like Pokemon Colluseum or XD

20. pokemaster Friday 13th May 2011 at 17:28

either a new battle revolution/colloseum or updated b/w, either in 3D or update like platinum/emerald/crystal/yellow.

21. sageofthe6paths Friday 13th May 2011 at 18:14

nothing too major...ar cards will be nice
    OR
    hmmmmm a rumble 2 could be good
    OR
    stadium or battle revelution
    OR
    AN ONLINE ARENA

22. ktt Friday 13th May 2011 at 18:28

Probably something not worth the hype...

In my opinion anything to do with Pokemon IS worth the hype!

23. TaleOfTheToaster Friday 13th May 2011 at 19:16

Not much love for Mystery Dungeon here :(

I would really like a new one of those, but I'll happily have a Snap. I think RS3DS will happen, but not right now. Originally, I wasn't thinking there would'nt be a RS remake, because they weren't that popular, and they can go on the eShop, but a main reason is because the events of Unova happened probably about 5 Years after RS (Timeline - Kanto & Hoenn, Johto & Sinnoh, Unova) so trading between the two would be odd. Until I found an easter egg where if you get a Hoenn pokemon onto B/W it will say 'arrived at Lv.-- after a long travel through time'. If they are explicitly pointing out the time warp, I'd call that a bit of a hint. :)

24. jammy3000100 Friday 13th May 2011 at 20:23

If it's handheld it has to be either ruby and sapphire remake or mystery dungeon title I mean those are what people will buy and for wii I reaaaaallllllyyyyy hope it's another game set in orre. But I think dengeki magazine will like reveal the name and 1 or 2 screens but corocoro will to a proper full blown reveal.

25. Eragon Firesword Friday 13th May 2011 at 21:26

I'm not too getting optimistic, but I'm hoping for a free-roaming beat-em-up with pokemon that people care about, like Charizard, Mudkip and Sawk. I'll probably be disappointed. Another Stadium game would be nice, though, with all the minigames and gym challenges and things. But, on the other hand, it's definitely not going to be the next gen of pokemon proper. It's too early after the most recent one.

26. Hams96 Saturday 14th May 2011 at 03:30

I want a Ruby/Sapphire remake for the 3DS where pokemon follow you, they get rid of the slateport contest hall and replace it with something useful, you can turn items around in your base and you can visit the Sevii islands

27. Brainiac Saturday 14th May 2011 at 06:59

Guys, I'm thinking about getting Pokemon Black...is it worth it?
    I've kinda grown up with a prejudiced view of pokemon games "they're for kids" and all that malarky, but I'm starting to seriously think about getting a pokemon game...
    Is Black a good one to start with?

28. RaidingRaichu Saturday 14th May 2011 at 08:15

Guys, I'm thinking about getting Pokemon Black...is it worth it?
    Is Black a good one to start with

I, for starters, would get Soul silver or Heart gold, Theres a lot of playability due to having 16 Gyms instead of 8 and really cool music. But by the sounds of it you want something a little more 'grown up', and that would be Black/ White but for amount of things to do and places to explore I would vote HGSS,

29. TechnoWolf Saturday 14th May 2011 at 16:21

I am 95% sure that it will be a 3D pokemon game, since GF like to release a 3D game each gen to show off the new pokemon. Question is if it will be a adventure or revolution/stadium-like; and which console it will be on? My moneys on a 3D adventure on project cafe.

30. Cyberguy Saturday 14th May 2011 at 18:46

3D battle game would be good.

31. jobo Sunday 15th May 2011 at 08:31

Didn't they say a while a go that they working on a sequel to battle revolution? I remember an article on it ages ago.
    So my guesses it's going to be a new colloseum game or stadium type game.Hopefully.

32. golden toad Sunday 15th May 2011 at 08:48

Can you buy CoroCoro in the UK?
    Or is it the equivalent of that Pokemon World magazine?

33. ClockMenace Sunday 15th May 2011 at 21:21

There was a picture of the box art of 3DS Ruby and Sapphire on Tumblr. Saw it about two, three weeks ago.

34. Kirby8 Monday 16th May 2011 at 02:01

SNAP 2 SNAP 2

:D

I AGREED! Love how your wrote Stadium 3 (don't worry, we all know what you mean by it, we all refer to it as stadium 3. :D ) 3 times and Snap 2 2 times. I've been hearing about this release for a while on Serebii and I'm really excited!!! I just hope that it's not the next gen games or remakes. Remakes are all nice, but let's get some new games first. And WAY TOO SOON for next gen!

Pokemon Snap would be perfect because you could put it on the 3DS. Gyro movement for aim when takings pics. You could even have an AR course where you have to go around finding them. Downloadable content such as new pokemon and courses. Share pics with people via streetpass. Aim to beat streetpass scores.

Stadium 3 would be fantastic too, but should wait until Wii 2/Pulse/Cafe. It's a must for the new console after the poor game that is battle revolution. I think it's more suited for the home consoles as that's the way it's always been. Let's bring back the joy of Stadium, with the cups, tower and mini games.

Another game, apart from these two, that I'd like to see is a sequel to Colosseum/XD. WCould be on Wii, Wii 2 or 3DS...don't mind.

All of these sequels ARE LONG OVERDUE!!! MAKE IT HAPPEN NINTY! It's almost as if you don't want to make money. =P

35. Amidamaru Tuesday 17th May 2011 at 12:43

I hope it's not for 3DS and i don't think it will be as black/white has only recently been released and they are still doing new things with it, if it is 3DS it will be like link up or trading card game, not a main adventure such as black/white.

36. Tamalay Thursday 4th Aug 2011 at 16:38

anyone got a way to get hold of the head of pokemon uk or us or even japan i have an idea i would like to say to them

o and for those of you that dont no its pokemon rumble blast the 3ds version of the wii download

Source: http://www.pokemon.com/us/games/videoga ... ble-blast/

tada so not that good for all the hype but a game i will think about buying