Rayman Origins Wii confirmed by Ubisoft

Are you looking forward to it?

Ubisoft has finally confirmed that Rayman Origins will be released for Wii.

Originally unveiled as a downloadable game at last year's E3 conference, the latest issue of Game Informer confirmed that it will be released in the shops for Xbox and PS3.

Now, after Amazon posted a picture of the Wii box art earlier this week, Ubisoft has finally confirmed that the game will appear on Nintendo's console.

A Ubisoft spokesperson told Dutch website N1tendo that "Rayman Origins is indeed a retail game for the Wii."

Apparently it was meant to be a surprise for E3 but Ubisoft told us that Rayman Origins Wii and 3DS would be considered last year.

So what do we know about Rayman Origins? Well, it looks like a return to the 2D platforming action of the original and it will explore the origin and early life of the limbless legend plus his pal Globox.

Are you looking forward to it?

[ Source: N-Europe ]

Comments

1. JamieRIOT Friday 13th May 2011 at 10:22

I wish i could be a director of games, i would kick all these old haggard franchises in to boot and get people properly interested in them again! In my opinion Rayman is dead if they carry on making games like they have been for the last 10 years.

2. mario_boi Friday 13th May 2011 at 10:26

I am absolutely loving the look and style of this game. Finally a new Rayman platformer. Cannot wait

3. lminett Friday 13th May 2011 at 10:52

Rayman needs a fresh start and this could well be it

4. imbusydoctorwho Friday 13th May 2011 at 12:56

Great news,I remember the trailer for it and it looked like it could be a good kick up the back side the franchise needed.
    Rayman 3D was good but all it was another release of the classic if forced Rayman 2 and Ubisoft wasn't half milking those treats of that game.
    I just hope this means a new era of Rayman.

5. DJEvan Friday 13th May 2011 at 14:25

Someone tell HNF1 now!!! :D
    I absolutely can't wait for this!!!!!!!!!!!!

6. lagiasyd Friday 13th May 2011 at 15:08

A brand new platformer starring Rayman? I'm in....as long as it comes guaranteed with no rabbids

7. MrChewtoy Friday 13th May 2011 at 16:02

Well it's good it's finally been confirmed. I'm very much looking forward to this, hopefully Rayman 4 will follow!

8. Cyberguy Saturday 14th May 2011 at 18:40

I'd probably get this on 360, but I'm not really a fan of the graphical style in this game.

9. potatopac Sunday 15th May 2011 at 19:40

The only truly good rayman games were rayman 2 and 3 which were some of my all time favs.
    but,all the raving rabbids sucked, and if this is going to be another bad 2d adventure then i'm giving up on rayman.