Dead Or Alive Dimensions SpotPass DLC available for 3DS

Daily downloads start today

The first daily piece of downloadable content for Dead Or Alive: Dimensions is now available, to celebrate the game's release today.

The content is being distributed via SpotPass so you'll need to either make sure your 3DS can connect to a Wi-Fi hotspot, or set it up to connect to your home Wi-Fi broadband network.

Today's download is a new costume for Kasumi as well as a Throwdown challenge, which means you can fight against an AI version of one of the members of Team Ninja playing as Kasumi. Today's opponent is "Usuda" - we reckon that's Team Ninja member Hiroya Usuda, who was one of the programmers of Metroid: Other M.

Here's the schedule for the rest of the week's downloadable content. Make sure each day you find time to have your 3DS in a SpotPass-compatible area, be that a wireless hotspot or your own house via your Wi-Fi broadband connection.

Fri 20/5 - Kasumi

Sat 21/5 - Ayane

Sun 22/5 - Kokoro

Mon 23/5 - Leifang

Tue 24/5 - Tina

Wed 25/5 - La Mariposa

Thu 26/5 - Hitomi

You can read our review of Dead Or Alive: Dimensions right here. If you want to see the game in action we've got you covered there too.

Comments

1. Joe_Crow Friday 20th May 2011 at 13:43

Got today's costume :) Love the game so far!
    I'll try and remember to go on every day.

2. lminett Friday 20th May 2011 at 14:16

Thats a great idea but DLC every day seems a bit much? one every week would be good

3. Captain Kuchiki Friday 20th May 2011 at 14:35

I just got the game this afternoon, and after playing it for about an hour I pressed the home menu to access the Daily Records. Went back to home and saw the blue light next to DOA (but not on the notifications bit or on my system's LED), went back on, and I got the Kasumi costume.

4. LewiiG Friday 20th May 2011 at 15:16

I was kinda late ordering DoAD, so i dont have it yet. Does this mean i miss the spotpass updates for when i dont have the game?

5. Link16 Friday 20th May 2011 at 16:16

Do you only have one day to get the dlc and its gone or can you get them after those dates?

6. Captain Kuchiki Friday 20th May 2011 at 16:23

I actually beat the Throwdown challenge. Shame it disappears once you've beaten it.

Was a close match; round 1 he thrashed me, I won round 2, and round 3 was a close call.

7. squatch Friday 20th May 2011 at 17:33

This is a great game.
    I beat my throwdown challenge too, it was a close 1 :twisted:

8. Kirby8 Friday 20th May 2011 at 17:52

Wondering the same thing as others...do you only have one day to get it?

9. SammyDodger Friday 20th May 2011 at 18:20

Why did no one announce the Samurai Warriors DLC?? They're the first 3DS game to use the spotpass feature yet don't get a mention? They're releasing something new every week for something like 21 WEEKS!! New weapon & stages and perhaps more. It's awesome if you're a fan of this underrated game :D

10. PeterR Friday 20th May 2011 at 18:51

Ididthe throwdown challenge but dont remember getting the costume which is odd, ill need to check that when i get home. do you have to do anything to get it?

11. TaleOfTheToaster Friday 20th May 2011 at 18:59

ONE A DAY? I only just ordered mine 6 minutes ago, and I only have access to the internet on Wednesdays and weekends! (The game is set to arrive at my Mum's house, while my Dad has the internet) I don't tend to pass by any Wi-fi spots often :(

At least I'm going round to my Dad's to be 'looking after the dog' on Tuesday June 7th!
    (If you didn't realise, that is the date for E3)

LOTS OF BRACKETS! MWAHAHAHAHAH :twisted: ()()()()()()()()

12. Captain Kuchiki Friday 20th May 2011 at 19:10

I got the costume before the Throwdown Challenge. I think that rather than being contained in the same update, the two are in seperate ones that are both available today.

13. ChrisONM Friday 20th May 2011 at 19:11

From what we understand guys, once all the daily DLC is done there'll be a day with no SpotPass.

Then the same costumes will be made available again, daily, via SpotPass, for those who missed them the first time around.

As far as we know though, that'll be it after that. So you'll have two chances to get each costume.

14. black-leg jex Friday 20th May 2011 at 22:36

is it possible to get todays if you hav't got it yet? cause i ordered mine and it has yet to arrive and i ordered it from amazon like a week ago and i won't be happy if i miss out because of them

15. Captain Kuchiki Friday 20th May 2011 at 23:46

That makes sense; although I would have expected a month difference rather than a day. I wonder what time the downloads are made available; I mean, Pokémon Wi-Fi events are usually available from 3-6am on the day they start.

Look above =3

16. MrChewtoy Saturday 21st May 2011 at 11:20

Well that's a smack in the kisser. I was going to get this when it comes down in price anyway, so hopefully I won't be too late for the spotpass content.

17. Captain Kuchiki Sunday 22nd May 2011 at 11:47

According to the schedule I received via SpotPass yesterday, today I should be getting a Kokoro costume...and yet, I haven't at the moment.

EDIT: Got it as soon as I posted this...my 3DS hates me (Especially as it often follows "Suicide is Painless" by Manic Street Preachers with H-I-M's cover of "(Don't Fear) The Reaper" on shuffle)

18. dazg Sunday 22nd May 2011 at 17:42

ive had 2 new costumes but no throwdown yet its a top game love it

19. Joe_Crow Monday 23rd May 2011 at 10:33

I have 3 so far and the Throwdown. Waiting for Leifang.

20. Astray Wednesday 25th May 2011 at 21:00

Spotpass doesnt work for me. :<
    Have Doa on the launch day but i never recieve something.
    Everything is "ON" at the network menu (in DOA) and i'm connected to wireless.
    I let my 3ds on the whole day with wireless on and i never recieved except the note that you can get costumes by spotpass.... :shock:
    Its like the tease me by sending that and dont give me the costumes :<