FIFA 12 3DS will support SpotPass

You'll be able to download kits...

FIFA 12 3D producer Matt Prior has told Official Nintendo Magazine that players will be able to download extra content for the game via SpotPass.

"We are not utilising StreetPass but we'll have a day one kit and roster update to make sure we are fully authentic for the new season and SpotPass is one of the ways that you can download the update," said Prior.

Yet Prior is more concerned with getting the gameplay spot on than making use of all of the 3DS console's unique features.

"We looked into all of the unique 3DS features early in the development cycle but with our first foray into Fifa on the 3DS we wanted to make sure we got the fundamentals right and focused on getting the core game solid while at the same time innovating in key areas.

"We did this by developing a lot of content and modes and developing the gameplay with unique 3DS features which we have done with the addition of touchscreen shooting. We wanted to focus on getting those things right and creating a very solid and fun gameplay experience."

FIFA 12 3D will be released for Nintendo 3DS in Autumn and EA has already declared that it will be the best football game on 3DS. Here are the first FIFA 12 3D screenshots.

Look our for the full FIFA 12 3D interview later this week.

Comments

1. K-os XIII Tuesday 31st May 2011 at 13:21

The SpotPass feature sounds similar to Squad Update so nothing really new here.

2. olrodlegacy Tuesday 31st May 2011 at 13:28

This is great, as it keeps the Nintendo version up to date.
    However, it'll count for nothing without a great manager mode.

3. legendwork Tuesday 31st May 2011 at 13:31

............Sill, .... fail

4. saswatch Tuesday 31st May 2011 at 13:43

bboring next

5. Super Andre Tuesday 31st May 2011 at 14:08

I know it's kind of off the topic but Can anyone tell me if you can play pro evo 3d with a normal camara mode like the normal fifa and pro evo games because I will definatly buy fifa 12 3d if it has the normal camara mode. I say this because the 3ds makes my eyes irritated with the 3d on.

6. Missile the dog Tuesday 31st May 2011 at 14:12

well at least there using one feature :| I seriously hope they'll add in online or it just won't be good enough

7. tomonm Tuesday 31st May 2011 at 14:22

Yes you can play Pro Evo with normal camera mode.

8. The Rocker Tuesday 31st May 2011 at 15:43

I don't understand - shouldn't the kits be new anyway since it's the new season? Otherwise, why should they release the game next year if the kits are always updated? I'd imagine that they should use SpotPass for the January transfer window moreso...

9. Messi97 Tuesday 31st May 2011 at 18:50

How comes FIFA 12 isn't utilising Streetpass? Surely if PES can do it FIFA can do it a million times better right?

10. Argenthor Tuesday 31st May 2011 at 19:21

And importantly, will it have online play?

11. Invaded Tuesday 31st May 2011 at 19:52

And importantly, will it have online play?

I read somewhere that it wouldn't be supporting online play. Maybe I'm wrong though since I only really glanced at it when I was tired one night.

12. JamieRIOT Tuesday 31st May 2011 at 21:25

I'm really hoping that this game will live up to my expectations (and the stall it has set out itself), as i think that Nintendo handhelds have had a lack of good sports games (realistic ones anyway, not Mario titles). The 3DS section would love a good sports game and hopefully Fifa 12 can be there to fill the hole.

13. JamieRIOT Tuesday 31st May 2011 at 21:30

Also, it would be awesome if this had some sort of 'Live Season' feature like its console counterparts. It would be great that as you sleep and your 3DS is all snug in its cradle, that you receive an update that coincide with real-time events in the actual leagues eg: injuries and transfers etc.

14. Argenthor Wednesday 1st Jun 2011 at 09:33

And importantly, will it have online play?

I believe they contradicted themselves by confirming in in an article and then denying it.... i think