Nintendo 3DS eShop is live

You can download Pokédex 3D now!

The Nintendo 3DS eShop is live! Yes, if you perform a system update now you'll be able to access the Nintendo 3DS eShop.

In the eShop you'll be able to download Pokédex 3D as well as the 3D Classics game Excitebike for free.

You'll also be able to download games from the 3DS Virtual Console, including Super Mario land, Alleyway and Tennis. Tennis and Alleyway will cost £2.70 while Super Mario Land is £3.60

The System Update also brings the Internet Browser and two bonus items we didn't know about - A Legend Of Zelda: Ocarina Of time 3D trailer and a Dead Or Alive Dimensions trailer.

Have you performed a System Update yet? What do you think of the Nintendo 3DS eShop?

Comments

1. reeesy Tuesday 7th Jun 2011 at 08:56

This marks the true start of the 3ds if you ask me. Iv not been too bothered with it up until now. Downloaded it this morning and its great. Couldn't find the Internet Browser though? Is it Something that needs to be downloaded from the e-shop?

2. saswatch Tuesday 7th Jun 2011 at 08:57

it won't let me add funds with a credit card for some reason

3. darkandy666 Tuesday 7th Jun 2011 at 08:57

the shop is nice tho not too keen on the layout and the GB games are too expenisve in my opinion but can't wait to start playing pokedex 3D!

4. WarioBros Tuesday 7th Jun 2011 at 08:58

Pokedex 3D exceeded my expectations. You really can view them from every angle, and I got Scraggy, one of my favorite 5th gen pokemon. :D

5. darkandy666 Tuesday 7th Jun 2011 at 09:01

o yer Excitebike looks AMAZING in 3D :D btw go download it

6. shadow663 Tuesday 7th Jun 2011 at 09:05

It's the little blue circle in the top right corner of the Home menu of the 3DS

7. Dean Thompson Tuesday 7th Jun 2011 at 09:07

I just downloaded everything, not including the DSi highlights, though half of which I already have.

8. Buffalo_K Tuesday 7th Jun 2011 at 09:13

sigh.... €4 for a GB game is waaay to steep Nintendo, oh well, Internet Browser has its uses.

9. NE1 Tuesday 7th Jun 2011 at 09:14

I agree that feels like the true start for the 3DS. I haven't played it in about a week other than to feed my dogs, but in between getting excitebike, pokedex 3d and super Mario land today then getting ocarina of time next weekend I don't see myself putting down my 3ds for a while! I just wish they had waited and released it like this with more great games than rushed it out. It'll take me a while to get over that poor start.

10. Ai64 Tuesday 7th Jun 2011 at 09:15

It's here at last. My 3DS is in for important update when I get home. Awsome! :D

11. reeesy Tuesday 7th Jun 2011 at 09:17

It's the little blue circle in the top right corner of the Home menu of the 3DS

Cheers!

12. MrChewtoy Tuesday 7th Jun 2011 at 09:18

Just downloading it now! Looking forward to the rest of today! :D

13. reeesy Tuesday 7th Jun 2011 at 09:19

It's the little blue circle in the top right corner of the Home menu of the 3DS

Cheers!

14. shy guy 64 Tuesday 7th Jun 2011 at 09:23

At last ill download pokedex 3d when i get home

15. ploiper Tuesday 7th Jun 2011 at 09:48

downloaded the pokedex 3d, excitebike, alleyway and mario land, all great fun.

16. danbish Tuesday 7th Jun 2011 at 10:17

I like it! So much better than the DSi and Wii service, I'm very impressed. Just hope they keep it up and don't forget about it like they have done with the Nintendo Channel on Wii.

I was blown away by that Zelda trailer too! No amount of screenshots can prepare you for that video! :D

17. Mart2006 Tuesday 7th Jun 2011 at 10:52

To anyone who has updated their 3DS, does the firmware update remove the current 3D Video (the one with the fireworks, and the bear), or are the Ocarina of Time and Dead or Alive trailers replacements?

18. Shinnos Tuesday 7th Jun 2011 at 11:11

Yes, when you update it removes the 3D Video and replaces it on the home screen with the eShop icon. The Ocarina of Time and Dead or Alive trailers are viewable from within the eShop.

19. Argenthor Tuesday 7th Jun 2011 at 11:13

Cant connect to the internet until i go home next week. Tis a shame but not too bad

20. linkgooding Tuesday 7th Jun 2011 at 12:46

I'm a bit dissapointed everyone got the same 16 pokemn to start with I need to catch em all NOW

21. Laughlyn Tuesday 7th Jun 2011 at 12:52

A quick google image search has brought up a bunch of AR codes already. folk are creating generators for teh codes too. Some just add teh AR sticker to increase chance of getting that pokemon in your daily 3 whereas others add the pokemon to view. So far thanks to teh guys on smogon and serebii i have the fighting lkegendary trio, victini, rshiram and zekrom as well as a dozen or more shadows

http://www.smogon.com/forums/showthread ... 683&page=2

22. Hylian koopa Tuesday 7th Jun 2011 at 15:42

Does anyone know where to get the pokemon ar markers? i couldn't find them on the internet

23. kyler95 Tuesday 7th Jun 2011 at 16:32

The internet browser does not work as well as ONM said it would! It does not play Youtube, and it is slow as a pigeon. Also, it STILL won't even load the ONM website properly!!

24. Laughlyn Tuesday 7th Jun 2011 at 19:00

Thats a link to a page with all the codes on it. u may want to save the jpg and zoom in and then slowly scroll along with your 3DS. majority only have the shadows added but some legendaries get added to your pokedex. having teh shadows there just ups teh rate you'll get that pokemon during street pass so having all the shadows acts as a kinda 'seen' marker to your pokedex. u can only 'catch' the pokemon by exchanging (get/receive in settings) with your friends as u would trade pokemon to each other.

Thats roughly how i think it all works. just liek in main adventurers u'd receive the national dex for having seen the pokemon but you only get a reward once you've caught them all by sharing. same with this one.
    Using teh JPG u could also cut/paste a code once you have received that pokemon and print teh AR card out as large as u'd like