Nintendo Wii U launch guide: Everything you need to know

The hardware, the games, release date...

This is your guide to everything you need to know about Wii U. Nintendo's new console was revealed at Nintendo's E3 press conference on 7 June 2011 and will finally be released on 30 November 2012. Of course, many of you have already received your Wii U as some who pre-ordered were sent their console early. Many will be already busy playing Nintendo Land but, for the rest of you, here's your Wii U launch guide.

Read on and you can find out about Wii U bundles, prices and geeky stuff like specs and cables. We also tell you everything you need to know about the GamePad, services like Miiverse, Wii U Chat and Nintendo TVii and give you a run down of all the games available at launch and beyond.

Bundles

Wii U Premium Pack

The Wii U is released in two packages - Premium and Basic. The Wii U Premium Pack will include the black console, Wii U GamePad, Wii U GamePad Stylus, Wii U GamePad Cradle and the Wii U GamePad Stand, an HDMI Cable, an AC Adapter and a GamePad AC Adapter.

The console that comes with the Wii U Premium Pack has 32GB of memory and gives you access to Nintendo Network Premium, a service that's available for free until December 2014. This will grant you reward points which you can redeem against future purchases in the Wii U eShop.

When you have collected 500 points, you will be able to exchange collected points for activation codes, which can be used to add funds in the Nintendo eShop. Activation codes can be used to add funds equivalent to £5 to your Nintendo eShop balance. You will collect 8 points for each pound spent on digital content in Nintendo eShop.

The Wii U Premium Pack is bundled with Nintendo Land in the UK.

ZombiU bundle

You can also buy a ZombiU Premium Pack in the UK which includes everything that's in the Premium Pack, a Wii U Pro Controller and a copy of ZombiU instead of Nintendo Land.

Wii U Basic Pack

The Wii U Basic Set features the white Wii U Console with 8GB of memory, the Wii U GamePad, Wii U GamePad Stylus, an HDMI Cable, an AC Adapter and a GamePad AC Adapter.

There are no stands available for the Wii U Basic Set and it doesn't offer the Nintendo Network Premium bonuses.

Previous 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 Next page

Comments

1. K-tet Tuesday 7th Jun 2011 at 18:03

The fanboy within me has died and gone to heaven!

Nintendo have set a new yardstick with Wii U.

2. Snizzbut Tuesday 7th Jun 2011 at 18:03

For everyone too lazy to use google.
    The actual console.

3. NINTENDOPOKEMON Tuesday 7th Jun 2011 at 18:06

evryones saying that the controler is the console, is this confirmed?

4. berky21 Tuesday 7th Jun 2011 at 18:10

absolutely awesome

5. mu3zzer Tuesday 7th Jun 2011 at 18:12

so is there support to up to 8 players (4 Wii Remote/Plus controllers + 4 WiiU controllers)?

6. Zorganist Tuesday 7th Jun 2011 at 18:13

How am I supposed to afford that and a 3DS now? Curse you Nintendo!!!

It looked awesome, I want one. A LOT.

7. Dean Thompson Tuesday 7th Jun 2011 at 18:14

I believe that the next great leap will only arrive when a great developer steps forward and says that the focus should be on creating the environment in your room rather than on the controller.

A step at least has been made towards this future. Given the evidence at E3 already showing the ability to align the controller screen with the TV screen, I feel that the greater prospect lies in the area around the TV screen, to extend it so to speak.

Nintendo spoke of a camera facing the gamer, but I wonder of the immense potential of a second camera facing away from the gamer and the possibilities it could afford games. Take the Super Smash Bros. announcement. Imagine seeing the environment extended across your room and around you.

I suppose they couldn't code name everything Revolution, though that is not to say that this is stagnant, rather it is cautious evolution, and evolution that paradoxically, instead of killing off the weak, encompasses all just as Nintendo desires and in doing so, brings about the utopia that Reggie Fils-Aime dared to speak of.

8. Mmmyeah Tuesday 7th Jun 2011 at 18:33

Assassin's Creed
    Darksiders II
    Ghost Recon
    Dirt
    Aliens: Colonial Marines
    Metro II
    Batman: Arkham City
    that doesn't really excite me to be honest. i wanted more nintendo-like games, not this generic stuff.

in my opinion this e3 has worried me quite a bit. you see, i bought a wii and a ds because i thought that they would provide unique and enjoyable gaming experiences. i could see stright away how the ds' touch screen and thw wii's motion sensing would revolutionise gaming, and they did.
    but the wii u? allow me to highlight the reasons why this does not excite me anywhere near as much by writing the reasons that it apparently should be good:
    1- the controller
    i don't see how this will make gaming better. it is basically a menu in the palms of your hands. that doesn't entice me. and that idea about playing the game while the tv is on another channel does nothing for me because i keep my console in my room and i am very unlikely to use the wii u in the living room because...
    2- the software
    ...the software seems to be very violent and gory. this is not a problem to me, but the rest of my family would not want to watch me gunning down a soldier or being mauled by an xenomorph because that does not appeal to them. i would also like to say that i am not really a nintendo fanboy. i love nintendo, but before the wii my previous two consoles were the playstations 1 and 2. i bought a wii because of the ways it could play games, and the same goes for the ds. they had games for them that were just my cup of tea, all about brilliant gamplay and unique experiences. i didn't care for the xbox 360 or the ps3, because the majority of the software available for them was all about being flashy and having great graphics, but very dull gameplay. now the games nintendo have revealed for the wii u appear to be very similar and very generic, with the only exception being that new zelda. i know you can't really tell from these videos, but that is because gameplay wasn't being shown off during them. this is worrying because the reason why gameplay wasn't being shown off was possibly due to the gameplay not being anything special.
    3-the features
    i don't care that it does video chat. i don't care that you can watch videos on it. i don't care that it can measure my weight with the help of the balance board. i don't care that i can draw with it. i don't care about the graphics. the only thing that i am interested in is the idea of much better online than the wii, but that was inevitable. all i want is an entirely new way to play games that i actually want.

i may be a bit too quick to judge the console but so far i am worried. this console will probably be extremely expensive and quite delicate. that doesn't seem like the nintendo way to me.

now lets just wait for nintendo to prove me wrong. i hope they do

9. Mmmyeah Tuesday 7th Jun 2011 at 18:36

evryones saying that the controler is the console, is this confirmed?

no, there is a console that is very similar to the wii console, except it is more curved and so it is less conveniant for placing it amongst the rest of the boxes under the tv.

10. Everegreen Tuesday 7th Jun 2011 at 18:45

No, the console is not the controller.
    I have to say I love it, it looks absolutely amazing. At first, I didn't like the idea of Wii U (seriously?), but it is certainly better than Wii 2 of Wii Stream; and it does make a bit of sense - 'U' for 'utopia'.
    Other than that, I loved every aspect of it. The way you can carry on playing while watching T.V. was ingenious, and it is about time somebody decided to put a touch screen on a controller (do I detect a tiny bit of influence from the UDraw Panel here? Hmm, that's something to think about...) I must admit, the first time I heard that the controller would have a screen on it (earlier today, my friend told me), I feared that it would be a small thing like on the Dreamcast - but this is Nintendo were're talking about! I remember watching the DSi presentation, and thinking 'wow'; and the similar feeling came up today when I was watching this, but times by ten.
    I love the interaction between the controller and the console and Wii Remote, and I love the way that the controller can actually be RECHARGED this time (something that should have been done with the Wii remote). By far the most exciting things for me though was the fact you can attach the controller to a Wii Zapper-like device for closer aim, and also the menu screen in the Legend of Zelda clip. I also like the idea of the golf ball on the controller and using the Wii remote as a golf club - genius, but of course I should have expected no less from Nintendo.
    And it's going to be in hi definition, too! - So no more excuses for developers excluding Nintendo from their line-up of games such as Call of Duty and Medal of Honour, especially with the Wii U's new fabulous features.
    I must say, I am very impressed and looking forward to seeing the U, and I really want one to be honest - they'll be out in 2012 - count me in!

Also, I found the new Mario Kart really, really, interesting... I wonder how that's going to turn out...

11. Everegreen Tuesday 7th Jun 2011 at 18:51

And I like the feature that you can play smaller games just on the controller, like Othello! This is intriguing and will be so enjoyable, but I wonder how they'll work - must you purchase them? From the controller or from the Wii U itself? Do you have to have the Wii U on to play them - do they exist, or is it just a play on the switching from T.V. screen to controller feature?
    I wonder how much the controller's going to be - game controllers are expensive enough as it is, and the controller for the Wii U is half a console in itself - at least fifty pounds, surely? If so, Nintendo should really make it easy for people to play double player, i.e. someone can just control the game with a Wii Remote; Wii Remote Plus; Classic Controller; Classic Controller Pro; Gamecube Controller or Wii Balance Board - and I don't see why this won't be possible, as the Wii U will support all of these controllers, and the Classic Controller practically has the same set out as the Wii U controller, except for the touch screen and gyroscope.

I'm so hyped, and I know I shouldn't ask so many questions as the console was just revealed today, but here are my questions! XD :mrgreen: :twisted:

12. squatch Tuesday 7th Jun 2011 at 18:51

On a certain site i frequent, ive been seeing a lot of hate for the new Ninty console... but i can t see why.
    It looks great, some great features and New Super Mario bros (home console version) in the palm of my hands :D

We know this works with Wii U games, will be apply to Wii games too when played on a Wii U? And the possible Virtual Console too? This should be another Nintendo winner.

13. carnivine chaos Tuesday 7th Jun 2011 at 18:53

If this doesn't have Gamecube controller ports then Smash Bros. will be ruined.

14. GingerGamer101 Tuesday 7th Jun 2011 at 19:02

assassins creed!!!!

15. codcam2 Tuesday 7th Jun 2011 at 19:10

It looks okay at best, but I don't really want that as a controller. It doesn't look like one at all, and I can't see ti being very comfortable. My only other complaint is that I wish that the buttons and analog stick on the right side swap round, due to me being brought up with this. Aside from that, Nintendo, I will buy your product! :D

16. DSVIP Tuesday 7th Jun 2011 at 19:16

To the post three above this: smash bros games dont need the gamecube controller, and since the right analog stick isnt needed that much, i see feww reasons why this is worse in any way.

The specs of the wiiu dont seem to be better than the ps3 in every way or in any way for that matter. How much memory exactly is flash memory (does it mean no memory)? And how much data can the high definition optical discs hold? Whatever it is, its certainly worse than the PS3, but certainly bring price down effectively.

the controls are ok, releived that the shoulder buttons are trigger (read it somewhere else). Theres a few things i would change, but im mostly worried about the touch screen, as it isnt multitouch, so you cant play any real 2 player game with a single controller, which is why only othello was showed.

Also, i dont know if its good news or bad news, but the screen idnt HD. I didnt expect it to be, which is the good news, but then why can it play every game that is HD on a screen that isnt HD? How will that work? I didnt expect it to play fully every actual wiiu game, but im curious as to how a non HD screen can do what a HD screen and the non HD screen together can do. If it dumbs down the games to non-HD, i wouldnt mind, but that isnt possible, is it?

Im also in doubt as to whether the control can play on its own without the console being on, as the game does go into the console, so thats a no. Then whats the point of playing via the console alone if the console has to be on? it means i have to leave the console on if I want to play during the night in bed. And if it can play on its own, hurrah, but can it connect to other controllers locally, and go online? If it does, happy days. If they make a monster hunter like this, drool. Ill be playing online all night, and it will give me a better opportunity to get the best charms. And just think what it will be like if the wifi was lagless, and never disconnects. It will be the best gaming experience, and will just need the games to back it up. I need more information regarding the above, and how good the wifi is.

Also - can the controller play songs and go on the internet, and does it have any memory? it needs to have memory or playing with the console off isnt possible. Whatever happens, im still geting it, mind. As long as it doesnt cost oever Ł350

17. the1akshay Tuesday 7th Jun 2011 at 19:22

Meh, looks alright, I guess. The actual console looks suspiciously Xbox 360 (classic) like, however... :roll:

18. MrChewtoy Tuesday 7th Jun 2011 at 19:32

At first I thought the name was a bit of a laugh, then the controller looked kinda cool, and blah blah blah won't even bother saying anything more I just love this day now!

Although, I think at least one of the analog sticks should be lower down (so either both like PS3, or the right one like 360), otherwise it looks a bit unnatural.

19. liamJGC Tuesday 7th Jun 2011 at 19:37

heres the question from me, is it gamecube game compatible?

20. allanironmaiden Tuesday 7th Jun 2011 at 19:41

i am stunned into amazement, its sounding amazing and cant wait for next year even though we have so much left this year to get!! thank you nintendo

21. alex100001 Tuesday 7th Jun 2011 at 19:44

Gonna be honest, when I first saw that controller, I thought, "What the hell?"

And then I saw those videos from the conference, and oh my word, I want one. The backwards compatibility, oddly enough, is what sells it for me, as I can just sell the console whilst hanging on to my rather large catalogue of games. And being able to play games on the controller while someone's watching something else on the TV? Genius.

If Nintendo gets the price right, this will be incredible. I'm intrigued to know more...

22. Loopydoodle Tuesday 7th Jun 2011 at 19:44

Seems to be a really good idea, really want one but just 1 question: does a HDMI thingy mean its HD?

23. Argenthor Tuesday 7th Jun 2011 at 19:46

Assassin's Creed
    Darksiders II
    Ghost Recon
    Dirt
    Aliens: Colonial Marines
    Metro II
    Batman: Arkham City

3-the features

The reason the games are un-'nintendo'y is because they are not made by nintendo? They have alienated 3rd part developers thus far and this is an attempt to get them back on side.

And you say you want a new way to play... but then say you dont care about the new features! Truly confusing...

I just want to actually see things which will make me excited about the console. More games, footage etc. But hopefully that will come soon

24. mu3zzer Tuesday 7th Jun 2011 at 19:48

yeah it is possible. WiiU can be played via hdmi (so its HD) or via component, S-Video or RGB (which is ED/SD like the Wii).

just 1 question: does a HDMI thingy mean its HD?

if you have it connected to an hdtv, yeah.

25. Chetters Tuesday 7th Jun 2011 at 19:54

i like the idea of it and i am a massive fan of nintendo franchises, survived on a wii this gen, but i fear nintendo may be a little late to the party when reports of sony and microsoft building brand new next gen consoles possibly out in two years, i would be tempted to wait

26. CraigEmberson Tuesday 7th Jun 2011 at 19:55

evryones saying that the controler is the console, is this confirmed?

Noooo the console sits under your TV and connects as usual, other than with a HDMI cable obviously. The controller is the tablet mixed with a normal controller and there's tons of new innovative functions that can happen with the controller. If you wanted to go upstairs to get something, you could stream the game to your tablet and play on the go within a certain range and then come back and flick the screen towards the tv and it will fly back to the TV screen - It's awesome.

27. Redfish20 Tuesday 7th Jun 2011 at 19:56

At first I was like :? you've just made the Wii into a DS. Then I saw what features it had and I was like :) that's really not that bad at all actually. Then i saw ways of implementing them in the games and I was like :D sold. Then I saw the Zelda clip and I literally looked like this: :shock: :D :o :shock: :!: :!: :!: :!: :?: :!: :!: :D 8) :D

28. zapper01 Tuesday 7th Jun 2011 at 20:12

I want to see what the console itself looks like. Also, the name needs to be changed.

29. superdudemiles Tuesday 7th Jun 2011 at 20:33

Wait. Assassins creed? On a Nintendo Console? Hell YES!!!
    Hopefully this will be the best version like Resi4 was on wii.
    Or better yet a whole new assassins creed game...

30. Kirby8 Tuesday 7th Jun 2011 at 20:48

I remember hearing rumours about it being a tablet and was really curious to how it'd work...which is one of the reasons why I'm happy the rumour was true....just to see what they'll do with it. I think it's really cool and really interesting. A very different way to game.

31. RocketSlime11 Tuesday 7th Jun 2011 at 20:58

Was seriosuly dubious at first, but the more i've seen the more i like.
    Think Redfish said it above, about the Zelda clip... DAMN THAT LOOKS AMAZING
    The Zelda series are my favourite games of all time, so i'd already be on board...
    But if the Wii U can produce a calibre of games that look, and hopefully play like it did in that short clip, then i have NO problems with it at all xD

32. jack-mack-a-lack Tuesday 7th Jun 2011 at 21:15

if you can still connect the classic controller does that mean you can play GC games also :?:

33. Dan-the-Wii-man Tuesday 7th Jun 2011 at 21:40

I swear there were more games announced? e.g. Ninja Gaiden 3?

Anyway, when i first saw the controller i thought it was odd... but as soon as i saw the concept video i was amazed! the games selection, linking to the original wii name, the crazy new gameplay ideas AND getting 3rd parties on side... it sounds like they mightbe able to capture the entire market with this one :mrgreen: :D

34. RavenxPrime Tuesday 7th Jun 2011 at 21:45

So when's the black edition out then?

:twisted:

35. Super Andre Wednesday 8th Jun 2011 at 09:04

The Zelda game looks like it could be twilight princess 2.

36. Snizzbut Wednesday 8th Jun 2011 at 10:51

For everyone too lazy to use google.
    The actual console.

For F*** sake WHY is everyone asking what it looks like i posted this on the FIRST PAGE second post jesus.

37. spudrocket Wednesday 8th Jun 2011 at 14:01

That is Actually A.Mazing!

38. linkgooding Thursday 9th Jun 2011 at 09:58

MIYAMOTO HAS CONFIRMED PIKMIN HASNT HE? IM SO CONFUSED

39. Mmmyeah Thursday 9th Jun 2011 at 20:55

Assassin's Creed
    Darksiders II
    Ghost Recon
    Dirt
    Aliens: Colonial Marines
    Metro II
    Batman: Arkham City

3-the features

I said that i wanted new ways to play, for example unique gameplay styles, not features that have nothing to do with gaming like video calls and streaming the world wide web.

Also, i wanted for nintendo style games because this is a NINTENDO console. It's good to see third parties getting more involved, but i was expecting more nintendo fan service like with the 3ds reveal.

Since writing that post, i have now come round to the idea of the console. I still dont think the reveal was as good aa the 3ds reveal though.

40. evanid Friday 10th Jun 2011 at 00:00

Hands down, there is no denying the controller is freaking awesome. I am very impressed. However what about the actual console? Its HD thats all I know so far. Hopefully Nintendo are hiding a whole lot of awesome inside that console otherwise I'm gonna end up paying for the controller and a wii with pretty graphics.

41. goldenpacman Friday 10th Jun 2011 at 21:15

All the clips seem to show just one controller...can you only use one and everyone else has to use a Wiimote, or can you use 4 with 4 different images on the screens?

42. dizzy boy Saturday 11th Jun 2011 at 03:15

from what i`ve read and seen, i`m a little dissapointed about the new console.
    if my understanding is right the tech is comparable to the ps3, which i hope is wrong and hope that it out performs the ps3.
    seriously, why would nintendo make a new home console and shove current gen hardware in it. probably because it`s the cheapest option, which is nintendo`s style after all.
    the internal memory is another issue aswell, with reports of only a 60 gig internal flash drive. for those who have loads of vc and wiiware games to transfer, depending if nintendo allow the transfer of games, that will take up a fair chunk of memory before you even get started using the memory for new games.
    the only good thing is the news that you can use an external hard drive, and sd cards are supported too, but no news on whether you can play games directly from them or whether you need to import them like the current set up with the sd card on the wii.
    the controller looks ok, just a bit square and bland. i just think that the use of the touch screen in games may get annoying. it`s probably best suited where the in game action isn`t too heavy. games like that it would probably be best so that you are just changing items or setting stuff up, not actual gameplay.
    also. from what i`ve read, the wii u is currently only set up to use one wii u controller and can`t use two at the same time. i just hope nintendo sort this before launch. people are going to expect to be able to play two - four player games with the wii u controllers as soon as possible, not have to connect up wii remotes just to do so.
    finally i think the wii u shell design looks too similar to the current wii design, just rounded off. i hope that gets sorted too.

43. layton lover Saturday 11th Jun 2011 at 11:03

Looks confusing and strange, but I'm sure Nintendo will produce something incredible!

44. Tamalay Saturday 11th Jun 2011 at 23:31

im confused now :? so it takes normal sized discs like cd discs not like psp discs well why not make the wiiu work with wii games like a portable wii instead of this new console with seperate games that wont work on the wii alone :idea: they should do this cause it may boost their profit and then if it makes a couple exclusive console games then badabig badaboom more money and more happy people boosting public relations even more and boosting income :D

45. barrybarryk Sunday 12th Jun 2011 at 01:58

It is backwards compatible with wii games and wiimotes, nunchucks, classic controllers, balance boards etc

46. scottishmario Tuesday 14th Jun 2011 at 18:20

I wonder if the new console will come with a sensor bar since its compatible with Wii remotes? I have no intention on hanging on to my Wii if its fully compatible with old games and the sensor bar will go with it.

47. potatopac Wednesday 15th Jun 2011 at 21:21

I've been waiting for this moment for years...PIKMIN IZ CONFIRMED!

48. Kirby8 Wednesday 15th Jun 2011 at 21:31

I was only skimming this the first time. Just noticed it said "Iwata has confirmed that it won't play DVDs or Blu-Ray's". WHY?! Change your mind Iwata. Please! It's not a dire thing, but it'd be nice to have.

49. Porgey_XD Thursday 16th Jun 2011 at 06:28

I'm guessing the online community for it will be called WiiUniverse?

50. CrazyFishDude Sunday 19th Jun 2011 at 21:07

Well... Its pretty cool, but I don't think it beats the 3DS :?

51. geengy Wednesday 22nd Jun 2011 at 00:17

It's risky to unveil it at all. One, the wii will be overlooked, and two, I have lost all plans to go buy a 3DS because the hype on that trailer kinda really made me go all giggety inside. Like Quagmire!

52. deline Sunday 3rd Jul 2011 at 16:04

I bet it's fake :lol:

53. Mewtwo465 Sunday 10th Jul 2011 at 16:46

Well Nintendo have finally caught up with Microsoft and Sony. They've gone ahead of them in fact. Well let's just wait until both companies start ripping Nintendo off. AGAIN. Oh and by the way the game list is flipping amazing and awesome. I can't wait for New Super Mario Bros. Mii and Aliens: Colonial Marines! Same thing goes for Batman: Arkham City and the new HD Zelda game! I hope it lives up to his potential! Also a Sonic game for the Wii U wouldn't be a bad idea! I might get one if one is released as well!

54. Mewtwo465 Sunday 10th Jul 2011 at 16:47

I bet it's fake :lol:

It's hardly fake. It is 100% confirmed by nearly every single gaming company.

55. Switzerninmaster Monday 23rd Jan 2012 at 15:45

You've forgotten to put Madden Wii U in the list !

56. Skywardwolf23 Wednesday 28th Mar 2012 at 15:38

Literally dying to get my hands on one :mrgreen:

57. rayboi Wednesday 28th Mar 2012 at 16:18

This is going to be so amazing! We got the graphics, the innovation, the games! It's gonna be a good year to be an Nintendo fan

58. MagicMan5 Wednesday 28th Mar 2012 at 17:09

evryones saying that the controler is the console, is this confirmed?

Nope, There is a console AND a controller.

59. Argenthor Wednesday 28th Mar 2012 at 19:25

I didn't see it before, but watching that video from E3 again... you can kind of see why people would be confused. All they concentrated on was that there was a "new controller"

60. Switzerninmaster Wednesday 28th Mar 2012 at 22:56

Yeah, Nintendo did a pretty bad job in saying that, it's not just a new controller, there's a new console too !

61. superdudemiles Thursday 29th Mar 2012 at 23:13

Nintendo Wii U: Everything you need to know = ONM know nothing accept the obvious.
    Although I didn't know Iwata confirmed No Dvd Player, which is annoying, why can't a Nintendo machine have a Dvd Player? That should be standard on consoles by now.
    Im loving the console, just Nintendo need a new name for it (it's still stupid imo). And a plan to survive when Microsoft and Sony release their new babies next year.

62. torterratrainer Friday 30th Mar 2012 at 06:17

im in a right fiddle here.
    Should i get the xbox 720 so i can continue to play halo or should i buy the wii u because its got nintendo greatness.
    And if i chose wii u should i sell my wii (1) to get a little extra funding or not not because the wii (1) is my only link to play mariokart doubledash. i would really like so opinions or help here so do message me.
    thanx

63. ganonkilla Friday 6th Apr 2012 at 12:18

no no NO NO NO NO NO NO! i CAN'T WAIT! BUT I HAVE TO WAIT TILL A PRICE DROP OH GOD WOE IS ME! I am particularly excited about darksiders, it looks EPIC

64. noobgamer9 Monday 4th Jun 2012 at 08:15

Tom, you forgot to mention that you can post screenshots of your games with others on miiverse. You can also transmit game content that you have created yourself (like Pullblox levels or smash bros stages as past examples) which can then be added to others gameplay, through miiverse.

65. Pyron12 Monday 4th Jun 2012 at 08:46

Wow... well we knew that a Zelda and Mario game had to be featured for the Wii U.
    Personally I'm waiting for Smash Bros!

66. Xenobladeperson Monday 4th Jun 2012 at 10:37

Wii U WILL be the best console ever.

But, most of the Call of Duty / Halo / etc. XBOX and PS3 players will ignore the console completely.

67. Magmortar963 Monday 4th Jun 2012 at 15:12

The fanboy within me has died and gone to heaven!

If the above is true leave me some money to buy a Wii U.

68. Magmortar963 Monday 4th Jun 2012 at 15:14

im in a right fiddle here.
    thanx

You need to buy a Wii U. Personally, I need a laptop first because I will get a lot of homework building up to GCSE's but after that...

69. Magmortar963 Monday 4th Jun 2012 at 15:17

New Super Mario Bros. Wii U should connect to New Super Mario Bros. 2 and the Wii U Game Pad should support 3DS games (?). Also, I should be able to transfer my 3DS Ambassador Games to the Wii U.

70. Magmortar963 Monday 4th Jun 2012 at 15:18

YES!! 4 in a row!

71. Xenobladeperson Monday 4th Jun 2012 at 15:32

You're not supposed to have two in a row, never mind 4. Double posting isn't encouraged, 4-times-posting...

PS. Everyone must buy WiiU!! :D

72. maxmatt Tuesday 5th Jun 2012 at 13:57

I bet Xbox fanboys are blowing their top over that controller

73. NintyHippo Tuesday 5th Jun 2012 at 18:39

Wii U will be great.

YES!! 4 in a row!

That's nothing to cheer about.

74. nightmareofkaito Wednesday 6th Jun 2012 at 09:20

well I can forget going on holiday next year thanks nintendo.

75. mattienintendohi Wednesday 6th Jun 2012 at 12:10

Wii U will be released on 18 or 19 of august in the US because 3ds games are avalible for download on release day of Wii U and new super mario bros 2 is out for download on the 18/19 in the US. YaY

76. monsteroushunter Friday 8th Jun 2012 at 08:04

Wii U is priced at Ł280 on shopto, they must be expecting it to be at around Ł250 at launch then as they have to cover their backs due to the lack of set retail price.
    Also the games look like they'll be Ł30-Ł40 so all in all not overly expensive :D .

77. linkgooding Thursday 13th Sep 2012 at 13:47

does it come with an AV lead too or is it the same as the wii???????

78. gregeyb Thursday 13th Sep 2012 at 17:47

The only thing now is deciding which games to buy at launch

79. BattleGooseUK Friday 14th Sep 2012 at 01:10

Wait… after a WHOLE YEAR some people still don't know that the tablet is just the controller and NOT the console… and yet they're patently on the internet… so they could just google it… WOW.

80. PokerusZero Friday 14th Sep 2012 at 14:35

It looks awesome but my January exams will get in the way. :(

81. clarkee013 Saturday 15th Sep 2012 at 03:10

Is there any concrete news on (if any) 3ds and wii u connectivity?

I know there will be player profiles for the wii u im hoping that a 3ds can be joined to a player profile as well, step counter and other game data being used etc would be grand and to be honest in this day and age expected.

82. timtote Saturday 15th Sep 2012 at 12:34

Has it be confirmed at all that there will be a premium pack release with a white console & gamepad?

83. barrybarryk Saturday 15th Sep 2012 at 12:36

No, there will be no white premium pack for launch and there will be no black basic pack.

84. RedBearLuX Monday 17th Sep 2012 at 15:16

On page 3 there is some code going wrong, for the header, just thought you'd like to know :P

85. jinglepupskye Monday 17th Sep 2012 at 20:15

I've just been looking at this page, and there's three adverts for pre-ordering the Wii U on the screen. Two quote a date of the 30th November, while one says the 23rd. All of the adverts are by Nintendo, so somebody is getting mixed up I think!

86. CraigEmberson Saturday 1st Dec 2012 at 16:11

No, and update will allow 2 GamePads to be used at the same time next year but because it has to split video between 3 screens that way - it drops the framerate and quality of the game. Pro Controller and Wii Remotes (from the Wii generation) are used for multiplayer.