E3 2011: Pikmin 3 Wii U confirmed

Miyamoto spills beans on long-awaited comeback

Shigeru Miyamoto himself has just confirmed that Pikmin 3 will be coming to the next Nintendo home console, Wii U.

A roundtable event here at E3 was the venue for the fan-pleasing news, and Shigsy suggested it might not be too long until the game hits the shelves.

"As we have been working on the Wii U hardware I have been thinking that it is the perfect system for Pikmin, so we are going to make it on that," he said. "Because we have been working on Pikmin on Wii for a while, maybe it won't take too long for it to be finished."

Good news, then. Happy now, Pikmin fans?

Don't miss a thing from E3 2011: Check out the rest of our E3 2011 coverage here.

Comments

1. 3MEGAMAN Wednesday 8th Jun 2011 at 03:04

Never played a pikmin game but this will make alot of people happy and probably persuade some buy a wii u. This may even become my first pikmin game.

2. pokemaster Wednesday 8th Jun 2011 at 06:01

I am over the moon. Loved Pikmin since I first played it on the Gamecube. Cannot wait!! :D

3. lolly93 Wednesday 8th Jun 2011 at 07:04

yeeeeeeeeeeeey pikmin 3 i really cant wait to get my hands on a wii u the amount of ausome games already been talked about and confirmed in just amazing :D :D

4. PCninja Wednesday 8th Jun 2011 at 07:08

This is what I've been waiting for! 3d pikmin...0.o

5. WarioBros Wednesday 8th Jun 2011 at 07:31

The good news just keeps coming!! :D :D
    I'm a massive pikmin fan and can't wait to see what this game will be like on the WiiU.

6. Water Max Wednesday 8th Jun 2011 at 08:11

This is what I've been waiting for! 3d pikmin...0.o

Is the Wii U 3D? I don't think it is. Pikmin has been in 3D in Puzzle Swap of Street Pass Mii Plaza and Augmented Reality on the 3DS.

7. samus_killer Wednesday 8th Jun 2011 at 08:28

Commanding the Pikmin around on the new controller should be very intuitive. Having said that, I still think Pikmin 3DS makes more sense.

8. Buffalo_K Wednesday 8th Jun 2011 at 08:32

It had better be a WiiU launch title!

9. shy guy 64 Wednesday 8th Jun 2011 at 09:58

i knew it

still it's nice to finally here more about it

looking forward to finding out more

10. PurplePikmin2009 Wednesday 8th Jun 2011 at 10:30

YES!YES!YES! I have been waiting for so long! Guess I should start saving for the Wii U then, as if I wasn't anyway :wink: I hope it's a launch title.

11. Joe_Crow Wednesday 8th Jun 2011 at 10:35

My first Pikmin game perhaps :) commanding your Pikmin on the touchscreen could be good. That makes me think, RTSs would be great for the Wii U. Very easy to command troops around the battlefield with the stylus, and watch them follow your commands on the TV.

12. Steno1 Wednesday 8th Jun 2011 at 11:24

Thought they were going to save it until next E3,But as Shigsy spilled the coins,It seems like were getting it before christmas

13. jimbobsquarepant Wednesday 8th Jun 2011 at 11:36

YES! :D I was worried at first that it had been scrapped, but woooo :D :D

14. noodle link Wednesday 8th Jun 2011 at 21:49

This is what I've been waiting for! 3d pikmin...0.o

Erm, Wii U isn't 3D. It is HD though!

It's about time they revealed this properly! Hopefully we'll get some footage soon...

15. Kirby8 Wednesday 8th Jun 2011 at 21:52

YAY!! Launch title? Fingers crossed. They've been making it for years now!

16. cyanpikmin123 Wednesday 24th Aug 2011 at 22:06

its about time, i hope its a launch title because i love pikmin and ive been waiting so long!