Kirby TV coming to Wii

Download 50 episodes from your Wii Channel

Kirby will be back on Wii on 23 June but the little pink blob won't be starring in a game. He's got his own Kirby TV Channel.

Download the Kirby TV Channel tomorrow on your Wii and you'll be able to watch TV shows starring Kirby from tomorrow.

So if you want to watch the blob resume his battles against King Dedede in Dream land you know what to do.

The channel will allow you to view over 50 Kirby episodes that will be updated twice a week over a six month period. Fans of Kirby will be able to check the programming schedule just like a real TV channel and choose from four streaming episodes at a time.

Every week, two new episodes will become available - one on a Monday and one on a Thursday.

The episodes will be available to view for two weeks before being archived to make way for new episodes. Episode one is permanently unlocked so Kirby fans can discover how he came to land in Dream Land.

<b>Kirby Right Back At Ya</b>
Kirby Right Back At Ya
Kirby has previously starred in a cartoon called Kirby Right Back Ya (pictured above), episodes of which could be seen on Pop, a free-to-air television channel in the UK which began broadcasting in 2003.

Are you going to download Kirby TV?

Kirby is set to star in two games - Kirby Wii and Kirby Mass Attack for DS.

Comments

1. Shimama_king Wednesday 22nd Jun 2011 at 11:48

It's got kirby in it, whats not to like. First comment :D

2. Joey788 Wednesday 22nd Jun 2011 at 11:48

Will the channel be free?

3. Joey788 Wednesday 22nd Jun 2011 at 11:49

I'm going to download it then. :D

4. samus_killer Wednesday 22nd Jun 2011 at 12:15

Well I'll be downloading it. I must admit, I thought this was Kirby Right Back At Ya, not that I ever really watched it... should be interesting.

5. Mmmyeah Wednesday 22nd Jun 2011 at 12:16

Will the channel be free?

they always have been so far so i expect so.
    this is quite a cool bit of fan service, though i am not really excited about this. still, it is stuff like this that makes nintendo special.

6. Lugia Wednesday 22nd Jun 2011 at 12:16

Absolutely a must without question! PINK BLOB POWER!

7. metalgario Wednesday 22nd Jun 2011 at 12:31

Fantastic idea!

If this goes well I hope they use it for Pokemon, Super Mario, Zelda, Captain N the Game Master, Mega Man, F-Zero GP legend, Donkey Kong Country and Sonic the Hedgehog.

Well I've not seen the F-Zero cartoon or Kirby so these two at least would be good, maybe not the really old stuff! :)

8. Ai64 Wednesday 22nd Jun 2011 at 12:35

Woah! Didn't see this coming. I should download the new channel as soon as possible. :)

9. moggs Wednesday 22nd Jun 2011 at 12:43

Never really been interested in Kirby. I hope they do this with other franchises though.

10. Violet Wednesday 22nd Jun 2011 at 12:43

Okay, this is pretty awesome. The Kirby anime is great fun, and although the Japanese version is better, I'm definitely taking a look at this.

Would love to see Nintendo do this with other series too, like F-Zero.

11. Minja Wednesday 22nd Jun 2011 at 13:03

A lot of people would certainly see me as too old to be watching this but, frankly, my dear, I don't give a damn! I'm getting this.

12. shy guy 64 Wednesday 22nd Jun 2011 at 13:08

going to give it a try

13. sofree Wednesday 22nd Jun 2011 at 13:24

Is it for UK only or for everyone in Europe?

14. squig lord Wednesday 22nd Jun 2011 at 13:45

Nintendo is really spoiling their fans this year. Excitebike, Pokedex 3D, Four swords and now a channel to watch Kirby anime all for free! :D
    And that's not to mention all the awesome games that come out this year.

15. kracian Wednesday 22nd Jun 2011 at 13:46

THIS HAS MADE MY DAY, NO WEEK.... MAYBE EVEN YEAR :D:D:D

16. MrChewtoy Wednesday 22nd Jun 2011 at 13:47

Heh, the old cartoons were kinda cheesey, but still alright. I'm looking forward to this.

17. mushroomchow Wednesday 22nd Jun 2011 at 14:00

Sweet! :D I can't wait. And what's better, I've set up a wii in my bedroom now too. :)

18. imbusydoctorwho Wednesday 22nd Jun 2011 at 14:11

Long as it's free I'll download it.

19. kirby711 Wednesday 22nd Jun 2011 at 14:46

A good reason to go on my Wii for a change.

20. eternalmidnight Wednesday 22nd Jun 2011 at 14:53

Awesome! A reason to turn my Wii on is exciting even if I already own all of the Japanese episodes :| Owning a Wii is getting painful (in terms of new game releases).

21. Eragon Firesword Wednesday 22nd Jun 2011 at 15:13

I might as well. I mean, it's Kirby!

22. superdudemiles Wednesday 22nd Jun 2011 at 15:43

If its free then yeh sure i will give it a go.
    What a nice surprise announcement though! Maybe Nintendo might do the Super Mario Cartoons afterwards! Or lol maybe The Zelda cartoons! lol Or maybe not... excuuuussssseeee meeeeeee princess!

23. superdudemiles Wednesday 22nd Jun 2011 at 15:46

And that's not to mention all the awesome games that come out this year.

Good point! Im loving the 3DS sooo much right now and theres Resi Mercs on the way as well!

Though they NEED to sort out a better line up of games for Wii for the rest of the year! All there is Skyward Sword!

24. Waldy565 Wednesday 22nd Jun 2011 at 16:26

this should be good for em as i dont know much bout kirby, i'll go download it in bout half an hour

25. LinksCousin Wednesday 22nd Jun 2011 at 16:40

Nice! :D

26. bouncer0304 Wednesday 22nd Jun 2011 at 17:48

Never seen it before but i'll watch it if it's free :D! Wouldn't it be nice though if you could transfer episodes to your 3ds and take them with you? Maybe in the future :D

27. Buffalo_K Wednesday 22nd Jun 2011 at 18:02

This is so random.

28. Argenthor Wednesday 22nd Jun 2011 at 18:07

Consider putting it on the 3ds please?

29. zapper01 Wednesday 22nd Jun 2011 at 19:04

So this isn't kirby: right back at ya but a brand new show? Either way, I must watch this!

30. Cyberguy Wednesday 22nd Jun 2011 at 19:21

Kirby Right Back at Ya's back! I'll be watching these.

31. allanironmaiden Wednesday 22nd Jun 2011 at 19:59

this is crazyily (word?lol) amazing. the cartoon was quite good if i remember correctly, ill be amazed if this doesnt follow suit with the super mario cartoons

infact, go for the DK and zelda ones too!!

32. ARWING64 Wednesday 22nd Jun 2011 at 20:36

*Rushes to Wii and switches it on*

33. Kirby8 Wednesday 22nd Jun 2011 at 21:19

I thought this was going to be Hoshi no Kaabii (kirby right back at ya)...but it's something new, which is COOL! I am unable to connect to a WiFi atm, as none in dorms. So will have to do it ASAP...because if the eps are only available for 2 weeks, I don't want to miss out. So will take it home ASAP. AHHH!!! REALLY EXCITED!! XD

34. LewiiG Wednesday 22nd Jun 2011 at 21:58

lol i remember this cartoon - i used to watch it. I think meta knight sounded like a spanish ninja (Like Vega) . he was awesome.

35. pokemanD Wednesday 22nd Jun 2011 at 22:08

36. saswatch Wednesday 22nd Jun 2011 at 22:24

i play games not watch them this is stupid the only game that might be worth watching is a metriod series

37. david wev Wednesday 22nd Jun 2011 at 23:39

ooh i dunno, a video game is one thing but a cartoon about kirby could seriously challenge my perspective on reality :?

38. bubbasaur Thursday 23rd Jun 2011 at 03:25

Does anyone think they'd ever do this with pokémon? That would be awesome!

39. chojin Thursday 23rd Jun 2011 at 06:48

Cool, I'll be getting that

40. jamieoliver22 Thursday 23rd Jun 2011 at 07:04

They should do this with the old Mario cartoons - I used to love watching them as a kid, they were so cheesy but ace.

41. Joe_Crow Thursday 23rd Jun 2011 at 08:34

Sounds good. Got the Wii message this morning. I'll watch as soon as I've lost the download limit.

42. saswatch Thursday 23rd Jun 2011 at 09:44

just watched an episode and my thoughts are delete delete delete delete delete delete delete delete delete delete delete delete delete delete delete delete delete delete delete delete delete delete delete delete delete delete delete

43. thenintendoer Thursday 23rd Jun 2011 at 10:49

dam i send my wii off to get repaired the week this happens

44. tomutwit Thursday 23rd Jun 2011 at 18:36

YES! I watched it on Pop (embarrassed look, ah well this is the internet) and was annoyed they were never in the right order! Wooohoo!!!