Professor Layton 4 UK name revealed

Do you like the new name

The fourth Professor Layton game to be released in the UK will be called Professor Layton And The Spectre's Call.

Loading video...

Nintendo announced the UK name for the new Professor Layton game when confirming its Wii, 3DS, 3DS eShop and DS release schedules.

While Professor Layton And The Spectre's Call didn't appear on the DS summer and autumn release schedule, it is set for release in the UK later on in 2011.

Professor Layton And The Spectre's Call is the first in a trilogy of Professor Layton prequels that take place before the events of Curious Village.

This new puzzler takes place three years before Curious Village and tells the story of how Luke met Professor Layton and how he became his apprentice.

The follow-up - Professor Layton And The Mask Of Miracle - was a 3DS launch game in Japan.

Are you looking forward to Professor Layton And The spectre's Call and what do you think of the new name?

Comments

1. Eragon Firesword Thursday 30th Jun 2011 at 14:38

I don't care about the name - I'm just ecstatic we're getting the entire saga.

2. Hylian koopa Thursday 30th Jun 2011 at 14:43

Chilling. . .

3. bobbyy29 Thursday 30th Jun 2011 at 14:44

I liked the Japanese one but when the US one was announced... It just didn't seem natural. However, I love this. But, despite this, I wouldn't care if it was called Professor Layton and The Lost Carpet Salesmen.
    I don't give a...

4. LaytonMario3 Thursday 30th Jun 2011 at 14:44

I don't care about the name - I'm just ecstatic we're getting the entire saga.

I agree. I didn't think this would be coming to the UK but I'm really happy we're getting the full saga. :wink:

5. Nintendoverse Thursday 30th Jun 2011 at 14:45

I don't care about the name - I'm just ecstatic we're getting the entire saga.

6. RobertK Thursday 30th Jun 2011 at 14:58

Think I'll replay The Lost Future to tide me over for this release :)
    So happy that we're getting the games :)

7. GuitarHero Thursday 30th Jun 2011 at 14:59

A least we got a better one than the US. The US always get strange Layton name games.

8. shy guy 64 Thursday 30th Jun 2011 at 15:02

the names not to bad

9. goldbricks Thursday 30th Jun 2011 at 15:28

I'm a year behind on the Layton games, I still have to get the third one but I plan to get every Layton game as long as they stay as good as the series so far. Has anyone from ONM even got a small taste of the 3DS version? I'd love to hear what its like?

10. moggs Thursday 30th Jun 2011 at 16:06

I agree. The Layton games are always great to play. I've just finished the lost future and can't wait for the next one. When it was announced that Japan was getting Mask of miracles for 3DS at launch, not only was I jealous but I also thought we wouldn't get the fourth in the series. If the game is called Spectre's call on the schedule list why is it called Last spectre on the trailer?

11. Flyingleaf Thursday 30th Jun 2011 at 16:49

Call it what you like, I'll be buying it on release day!

12. MrChewtoy Thursday 30th Jun 2011 at 17:13

Knew the name a while ago, when I think it may have been echizen or someone posted up one of Nintendo's PDF internet files or something with a list of games they hadn't announced yet, like Mario Party 9 and the name of the new Layton.

Very much looking forward to this, start the ball rolling on Layton 5 and L Vs W.

13. Waldy565 Thursday 30th Jun 2011 at 17:42

yes, finally glad we're getting all 4. Cool name though, i suppose...

14. ProtoKun Thursday 30th Jun 2011 at 17:51

All it matter is how it will make much more sense when we reach the end of the game. Just like Lost Future did compared to Unwound Future.

15. KingToAD Thursday 30th Jun 2011 at 18:07

Woooooooooooooooooooooo Hoooooooooooooooooo!

16. KingToAD Thursday 30th Jun 2011 at 18:14

Will we get the London life RPG as a unlockable extra though (fingers so crossed I'm cutting off blood supply to them)!

17. imbusydoctorwho Thursday 30th Jun 2011 at 20:58

Pretty good name,pretty chilling.

18. Callum D Friday 1st Jul 2011 at 09:39

Heh, I love the name. I've read the plot and this name makes more sense to it. US's name didn't make much sense. I'm also glad it's being released over here. The DS deserves a great final game, I think!

19. Kirby8 Saturday 2nd Jul 2011 at 01:36

Like others, not too fussed about the name. Sounds fine to me. Just so happy that we'll be getting the prequels and am SOOOO looking forward to playing it. Missed having no mind games. We need some more Attorney goodness too...maybe a certain game under a certain name that contains both the Archaeologist and the Attorney...maybe that should come to the UK, or at least confirmed if it'll come. I miss the Attorney series, it's been so long since we've had a game from it, longer then Layton. Stop holding out you 3rd Parties!!

20. Flyingleaf Saturday 2nd Jul 2011 at 15:21

I completely agree!

21. ajdigwa Saturday 2nd Jul 2011 at 18:22

When is it coming out

22. ajdigwa Saturday 2nd Jul 2011 at 18:23

When is it coming out

23. Chocolateteddy Monday 4th Jul 2011 at 10:53

LOVE the look of the new game. Only one thing I'm wondering. Anyone else think the song played at the start sounds suspiciously similar to the 'Sage Ruto' song from Legend of Zelda: The Windwaker? Just a little something I picked up on. Anyway, can't wait to get the game! I'm so glad it's coming to the UK, I was worried it might not!

24. Rae Broom Friday 22nd Jul 2011 at 15:10

It looks fantastic, who cares what its called i just want to play the game!