Nintendo Video app live now!

Free app provides auto-downloads of video clips

Head to the 3DS eShop now to download the new Nintendo Video app and wonder and the delights therein.

It's completely free and allows you to download video clips in 2D and 3D, including comedy clips, cartoons and music videos, to your 3DS.

Nintendo Video can also make use of SpotPass, meaning if you allow it to it'll send clips to your 3DS (even if it's in Sleep Mode) whenever you're near a wireless hotspot or when you're at home if you have a Wi-Fi connection.

The first content to be made available includes special 3D clips of Oscar's Oasis, and exclusive 3D episodes of a series called Magic Tricks For Your Nintendo 3DS, showing you all sorts of card tricks and optical illusions in 3D.

There'll be plenty of 2D and 3D videos on the way soon for Nintendo Video, including movie trailers, children's animations and classical music concerts. It's not yet confirmed whether the previously announced Shaun The Sheep, Eurosport and Sky TV clips will also be sent through the Nintendo Video app.

Have you downloaded it yet? What do you think?

Comments

1. ivorfran Tuesday 12th Jul 2011 at 10:55

yip, 1st post

obviously, everyone will be downloading it!

2. Messi97 Tuesday 12th Jul 2011 at 10:56

First! Might download it

3. pokemonster Tuesday 12th Jul 2011 at 10:56

I knew this before you posted.read on the Greek nintendo website (because I'm Greek) :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :!: :!: :!: 8)

4. linkfinity Tuesday 12th Jul 2011 at 10:58

yes, i will, but do you know if this is that sky and eurosport thing? also when will be get 3dsware and 3d movies on the e-store?

5. pokemonster Tuesday 12th Jul 2011 at 11:00

I knew this before you posted it. I read on the Greek nintendo website (because I'm Greek ) :!: :!: :mrgreen: 8) :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :!:

6. leomckitten Tuesday 12th Jul 2011 at 11:04

Um, wow. Wasn't expecting this :D

7. ARWING64 Tuesday 12th Jul 2011 at 11:04

I`M SO EXCITED NOW!!!

8. ledreppe Tuesday 12th Jul 2011 at 11:10

Shaun the Sheep (yawn), card tricks (yawn). Where's Sky? I suppose this'll do for starters, but they really need compelling content to make me use it every week.

9. Link16 Tuesday 12th Jul 2011 at 11:11

cant wait, 3ds finally got out of 2nd gear last month and now its motoring :)

10. shadow.x Tuesday 12th Jul 2011 at 11:14

Its good that they are springing this on us without much warning, instead of leaving us hanging like they did with eShop. :D

11. trumper40 Tuesday 12th Jul 2011 at 11:15

Pretty rubbish content to begin with, like most things on 3DS.
    Hopefully it'll get better as we go along. My dream would be Peterborough United in 3D, but that's never going to happen... :(

12. fitzy1999 Tuesday 12th Jul 2011 at 11:31

Pretty rubbish content to begin with, like most things on 3DS.

Play-Off Final? It could always happen! :-) But, as long as Spurs are on there, I don't mind!
    (P.S. I've started a forum about this. Talk about free advertising!)

13. Joe_Crow Tuesday 12th Jul 2011 at 11:46

Awesome! I'll be downloading.

14. Ai64 Tuesday 12th Jul 2011 at 12:00

Excellent! I can't wait to download it tomorrow. ^^

15. ktt Tuesday 12th Jul 2011 at 12:01

Only one way to answer that question. YES!!

16. pokemaster Tuesday 12th Jul 2011 at 12:18

Yep. : )

17. Captain Kuchiki Tuesday 12th Jul 2011 at 12:21

I'll be downloading it, although I expect nothing but crap at launch xD

18. imbusydoctorwho Tuesday 12th Jul 2011 at 12:29

Good news,nice to see Nintendo still giving out new stuff.

19. DarkBladeXIII Tuesday 12th Jul 2011 at 13:58

nice more 3D clips to add to my E3 trailer collection!!

20. ivorfran Tuesday 12th Jul 2011 at 14:10

I never understand the negativity that giving away free stuff generates. Just dont download it! (but you will) MOON ON A STICK. What do you want nintendo to do for you? Its a business, not your friend.

21. Super Andre Tuesday 12th Jul 2011 at 14:25

Woo hoo 1st post
    More free things.

22. Waldy565 Tuesday 12th Jul 2011 at 14:47

sounds awesome! on the news of 3DS, found one for 100! gotta order! https://www.dealerdirectgames.eu/mercha ... rice=99.99

NEVA MIND ADDRESS DOESNT WORK :(

23. bobbyy29 Tuesday 12th Jul 2011 at 14:56

One thing. Nintendo TV in 3D. Tell Gav!

24. pokemanD Tuesday 12th Jul 2011 at 14:59

:roll: The e--shop is a fail. You need mi-fi to actually download things and for the last month it's been telling me there's no access point in range even if I use it RIGHT NEXT TO MY ROUTER. :roll:

25. emperor ing Tuesday 12th Jul 2011 at 15:14

Awesome times, about time we got this feature.

26. Joeeyy Tuesday 12th Jul 2011 at 15:14

yip, 1st post

obviously, everyone will be downloading it!

First! Might download it

How can u both be 1st?

Yes i saw it on 3dsbuzz.com yesterday. theres a report on it at ntower.de

27. wilp94 Tuesday 12th Jul 2011 at 15:26

Of course I'll be downloading it! I can't wait! Hopefully we'll be seeing 3D films soon?

28. scouserfuller9 Tuesday 12th Jul 2011 at 16:32

Try using a wi-fi router instead of a mi-fi one :-)

29. Turboman Tuesday 12th Jul 2011 at 16:55

all nine seasons of family guy through spotpass update
    all nine seasons of family guy through spotpass update
    all nine seasons of family guy through spotpass update
    (I can dream) though i'd even be psyched if they weren't free

30. squig lord Tuesday 12th Jul 2011 at 16:58

How is the e-shop a fail if you haven't even connected you're 3DS to the internet? :?
    You need to configure the connection settings under system settings first.

31. RaidingRaichu Tuesday 12th Jul 2011 at 17:13

Nintendo TV app NEEDS to happen!

32. goldbricks Tuesday 12th Jul 2011 at 17:18

Will be downloading this as soon as I can. Hopefully good t.v clips will be released. Has nintendo confirmed that there will be 3D movies on the 3DS, because all I can remember is clips being confirmed?

33. Nintendo Mad Tuesday 12th Jul 2011 at 17:27

Totally, not knowing how to properly connect your 3DS to the internet/your router having problems totally makes the eShop a fail. Totally :roll:

34. wooden spoon Tuesday 12th Jul 2011 at 18:03

Sounds cool, and free is always good, will definitely be downloading :D

35. frostykins Tuesday 12th Jul 2011 at 18:21

sounds great, next step a Youtube app?

36. super yoshifan Tuesday 12th Jul 2011 at 19:54

So the eShop is a fail because you can't connect it to the internet. Riiiight.

37. Poke-J Tuesday 12th Jul 2011 at 20:10

What.

38. pokemanD Tuesday 12th Jul 2011 at 20:17

My 3DS is connected to the internet, everything else including the internet browser works.

39. linkfinity Tuesday 12th Jul 2011 at 23:06

00:05 wednesday 13th july 2011... no sign of it yet...

40. JAYMCK2103 Wednesday 13th Jul 2011 at 08:49

where is it!!!!!!!!!! :evil: :(

41. paultheotherone Wednesday 13th Jul 2011 at 09:31

where is it!!!!!!!!!! :evil: :(

I think they tend to release updates more towards the afternoon/evening.....judging by the E-shop updates.

They should say specifically what time-any idea ONM?

42. Captain Kuchiki Wednesday 13th Jul 2011 at 09:47

Nintendo epically sucks when it comes to releasing things on time. They could at least say "Late afternoon on [X]"

43. linkgooding Wednesday 13th Jul 2011 at 09:52

10:52 still no sign of it

44. mastersword313 Wednesday 13th Jul 2011 at 10:29

11:27 and counting...
    ...let's just hope it's not as long as the wait for smash bros. ...

45. mastersword313 Wednesday 13th Jul 2011 at 10:35

pokemanD wrote:

Well, you have given me a fantastic idea amongst your grumbling! I will sell a new system of Internet, mii-fi, to Nintendo and then I will become a billionaire!
    ...or not... :cry:

46. linkfinity Wednesday 13th Jul 2011 at 11:34

12:35... no here yet... i bet japan has it by now.

47. Mr.Kattykat Wednesday 13th Jul 2011 at 12:23

12:35... no here yet... i bet japan has it by now.

Nope. 8:00pm is the time you have to wait to. :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

Well that sucks.

48. Captain Kuchiki Wednesday 13th Jul 2011 at 12:56

They could at least say "On the evening of the 13th"

49. dog attack Wednesday 13th Jul 2011 at 14:58

16:05 STILL NO SIGN OF IT I hate to say this but... GRR NINTENDO I WANT MY VIDEO CHANNAL =) :D :D :D :| :| :| :| :| :| :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :? :? :?

50. SteveSalmon999 Wednesday 13th Jul 2011 at 15:30

When things are announced for the eShop, i expect them to be there for 8.00am!
    This is rather ridiculous that the updates etc happen so late in the day!

51. OracleOfPokemon Wednesday 13th Jul 2011 at 17:06

Does anyone actually know what time it's at?

52. oh dae su Wednesday 13th Jul 2011 at 17:08

Downloading the vids right now! :)

53. wilp94 Wednesday 13th Jul 2011 at 17:09

Downloading the app!!!

54. mario612 Wednesday 13th Jul 2011 at 17:14

Sounds Brill but they'd better put Harry Potter And The Deathly Hallows Par 2 up there!!! :D

55. wilp94 Wednesday 13th Jul 2011 at 17:23

'Magic Trick 01' was awful. Just a simple card trick. 'Oscar's Oasis: Oasis cup' is just a 7 minute cartoon. Though it's not my sort of thing, it had quite a nice look to it.

56. Captain Kuchiki Wednesday 13th Jul 2011 at 17:27

Downloading videos now. Today's been a crazy day:

Discotek announce U.S. license of Lupin III Season 1
    Manga UK say Naruto manga is ending
    All UK parties agree on something
    News Corp withdraws BSkyB bid.
    Nintendo Video goes live.

57. OracleOfPokemon Wednesday 13th Jul 2011 at 18:13

its pretty awesome! I know there isnt anything much on there at the moment, but the videos are smooth, and there oughta be something good soon!

58. tomutwit Wednesday 13th Jul 2011 at 18:17

Time to play 3D Eshop Trailers of E3: 1:30
    Time to download: 5:00

Time to play 3D films on 3DS: 120.00
    Time to download: DAYS

59. linkfinity Wednesday 13th Jul 2011 at 18:32

not at all like i thought it would be, and the interface is pitiful, i was expecting something like a smaller version of the wii's bbc iplayer. now i think of it... is that going to happen? i-player 3ds? would be sweet!

60. abovethewell Wednesday 13th Jul 2011 at 18:51

Only 1 video? A magic trick? Come on Nintendo, I was expecting it to be like the nintendo channel, not a black screen with only four 'channels'! Give us nintendo TV or something! And that comments right, downloading movies would take DAYS! How about an app on computer where you download it from nintendo's website and then put it on sd card to 3ds??

61. koumori Wednesday 13th Jul 2011 at 18:57

Personally, I'm quite liking the stuff that I'm getting on my 3DS completely free! The tricks weren't amazing but I quite like cartoon and to be fair, it's the first thing they've put on it. You can't have everything all at once :P

62. bouncer0304 Wednesday 13th Jul 2011 at 19:10

It's not bad at all. The magic trick was nice to watch, even if a little basic, but still cool in 3d. Oscar's Oasis is decent enough, but i have a feeling that the 3d was added afterwards as it didn't look right in some parts. Not a bad offering for the first time, and it's free- just think, Nintendo could have charged for the app!

63. Hylian_Grouch Wednesday 13th Jul 2011 at 22:22

sounds like its your router thats failing. the e shop is doing its best and will improve over time. obviously it isnt excellent at the moment but things will change...

64. Hylian_Grouch Wednesday 13th Jul 2011 at 22:26

Time to play 3D Eshop Trailers of E3: 1:30
    Time to download: 5:00

Time to play 3D films on 3DS: 120.00
    Time to download: DAYS

jesus! did it really take you five minutes to download the e3 trailers? i have just tested it after reading this comment and i downloaded the luigis mansion trailer in 49 seconds. thats not too bad. that means that to download a film will take an hour maybe a bit more which is fine really. you need to get a faster connection i reckon

65. lyingthroughyour Thursday 14th Jul 2011 at 18:23

Not really all that impressed with it tbh..

66. AR master Thursday 14th Jul 2011 at 21:55

Time to play 3D Eshop Trailers of E3: 1:30
    Time to download: 5:00

Time to play 3D films on 3DS: 120.00
    Time to download: DAYS

more like 20 mins for me,yes im serious my internet is that bad.

67. 08boatfg Monday 18th Jul 2011 at 12:18

Time to play 3D Eshop Trailers of E3: 1:30
    Time to download: 5:00

Time to play 3D films on 3DS: 120.00
    Time to download: DAYS

more like 20 mins for me,yes im serious my internet is that bad.

Nintendo should just release films on the game cartridges. Actually downloading them onto the system or sd card would take up far too much memory - the 8 minute long Oscar's Oasis cartoon takes up about 2,000 blocks! Now I have bought a 16gb SDHC card for my 3DS, that is just a fraction of the total number of blocks (about 100,000 Blocks!!! :o :o :shock: :shock: ). However, this is a completely different situation for the 3DS owners that still use the 2gb SD card that came with the system. Also, internet connection speed might so much of an issue for some people (like AR Master) that they just don't bother with any downlowdable content. :(