Harvest Moon creator working on 3DS and Wii U games

Yasuhiro Wada thinks Wii U has hidden potential

Yasuhiro Wada, the creator of the Harvest Moon series, has told Official Nintendo Magazine that he has a 3DS game in the works and is hoping to release another title for Wii U.

Asked if he was interested in producing a 3DS game, Wada said "I've got a 3DS game in the pipeline right now, and I've got another game that we haven't decided the platform on, but which I am hoping to bring to Wii U."

Wada didn't reveal what his new games are all about but perhaps you shouldn't expect another game in the style of Harvest Moon. After all, Wada now works for Grasshopper alongside Suda51 and, in recent years, has performed the role of executive producer on No More Heroes and No More Heroes: Desperate Struggle for Wii.

Suda51 has already spoken of his plans for No More Heroes Wii U and Wada believes that the console has a lot of potential.

"Right now it feels like a home console version DS and I mean that in a good way," he told ONM. "I think there is a lot of hidden potential there, so I am right now thinking up new modes of play. I really enjoy times like this!"

What sort of game would you like Wada to make for 3DS and Wii U? Another Harvest Moon-style game? Or something like No More Heroes?

Comments

1. eternalmidnight Tuesday 26th Jul 2011 at 11:42

I'd definitely like to play a HD Harvest Moon. Although the console titles tend to be worse than those on handhelds.

2. TomMc92 Tuesday 26th Jul 2011 at 12:25

I think it would be a great to see a HD harvest moon but id also like another Rune Factory because i really enjoyed frontier not so bothered about rune factory oceans as the reviews didnt seem anything like the other games. But thinking a little differntly how about a harvest moon game done in the style of no more heroes? As for 3DS titles id like to see another rune factory on the scale of frontier on 3ds would be great.

3. King-X Tuesday 26th Jul 2011 at 12:28

I like the sound of a WiiU one. When it comes to HM games though, my biggest question isn't so much the platform as how appealing the characters are (particularly datable ones).

4. Missile T Dog Tuesday 26th Jul 2011 at 18:19

To be hones I've never really got into harvest moon, but the prospect of another no more heroes game excites me. Personaly I'd like suda to use wii motion plus to give the sword play that extra dashing of awesome insanity :twisted:

5. saswatch Tuesday 26th Jul 2011 at 21:41

this is about as hardcore it gets on nintendo consoles lol

6. eternalmidnight Wednesday 27th Jul 2011 at 08:24

this is about as hardcore it gets on nintendo consoles lol

Well Harvest Moon IS one of most insanely hardcore franchises out there. Not to mention it's a rather niche series ;P