Another free 3DS game confirmed

Seven down, three more to go...

Kirby & The Amazing Mirror will join the line-up of free GBA games that are to be offered to early 3DS adopters as part of the 3DS Ambassador program.

That's according to Nintendo World Report who received the information from Nintendo Customer Service.

As announced last week, Nintendo are giving people who connect to the 3DS eShop before 12 August the opportunity to download 10 NES games and 10 GBA games before the end of 2011.

Last week we revealed five of the GBA games that will be available for download including Super Mario Advance 4: Super Mario Bros. 3, Mario Kart: Super Circuit, Metroid Fusion, WarioWare, Inc.: Mega Microgame$ and Mario Vs Donkey Kong. Now it has been confirmed that Kirby & The Amazing Mirror will be joining them.

With Yoshi's Island: Super Mario Advance 3 also on the way, Kirby takes the number of confirmed free GBA downloads up to seven.

Which three games are you hoping will make the final line-up?

Mario Kart: Super Circuit, WarioWare Inc., 4 and Metroid Fusion made in into our list of the top ten best Game Boy Advance games.

Comments

1. Hylian_Grouch Tuesday 2nd Aug 2011 at 09:23

just need minish cap. maybe sonic advance? all the best games are already on the list...

2. ploiper Tuesday 2nd Aug 2011 at 09:33

i know full well theres no chance of this happening but i want the golden sun games, or at the very least one of them.

3. eternalmidnight Tuesday 2nd Aug 2011 at 09:35

It sadly won't be sonic as it's only gonna be nintendo games. I reckon they'll be at least one of the other Mario advance games. Personally I'd like to see a pokemon game and wario land 4 :)

4. mafu1989 Tuesday 2nd Aug 2011 at 09:37

Zelda: Minish cap and chuck in the original golden sun and I shall be a very happy man :D

5. darkandy666 Tuesday 2nd Aug 2011 at 09:42

well i would like to see the F-zero GB game, the golden sun's and Zelda: Minish cap but if i don't im not gonna moan since they allready got some great games and there free!!!

6. Frereo Tuesday 2nd Aug 2011 at 09:48

Any Pokemon and/or Advance Wars games would do very nicely :D

7. 3DDCaptinJ Tuesday 2nd Aug 2011 at 09:58

I would like to see Pokemon Emerald and Super Mario Advanced 2 as well.

Maybe sonic advance could be the last game as well.

8. emperor ing Tuesday 2nd Aug 2011 at 10:00

Nice addition in my opinion, and another game I haven't played. For the rest I'd agree with you lot with Golden Sun, Advance Wars, and F-Zero. If they do that it would be an ace line-up.

9. noodle link Tuesday 2nd Aug 2011 at 10:01

Super Mario Advance: Yoshi's Island has also been confirmed Tom ;)

10. Komodo_Wolfgang Tuesday 2nd Aug 2011 at 10:09

"1.Beginning Sept. 1st, Nintendo 3DS Ambassadors will be able to download 10 NES™ Virtual Console™ games at no charge and before they are available in Nintendo eShop for the general public. These games, including Super Mario Bros.™, Donkey Kong Jr.™, Balloon Fight™, Ice Climber™ and The Legend of Zelda™, will be released as paid downloadable games, but Ambassadors can download them in advance of launch for free. Once the paid versions of the games are released in Nintendo eShop later in the year, the updated versions will be available to Ambassadors for download at no cost.

2. By the end of 2011, Nintendo will provide Ambassadors with 10 Game Boy Advance Virtual Console games. These include games like Yoshi’s Island™: Super Mario™ Advance 3, Mario Kart™: Super Circuit, Metroid™ Fusion, WarioWare™, Inc.: Minigame Mania and Mario vs. Donkey Kong™. These games will be available exclusively to Ambassadors, and Nintendo currently has no plans to make these 10 games available to the general public on Nintendo 3DS in the future." - Nintendo UK.

Its on their site ;)

11. supertris82 Tuesday 2nd Aug 2011 at 10:13

What to do, what to do, my 3DS cant connect to internet so I cant get eShop! :evil:

12. orkhun Tuesday 2nd Aug 2011 at 10:15

Zelde Minish Cap for sure :) also Donkey Kong King of Swing and Mario & Luigi Superstar Saga (first Mario&Luigi RPG on Advance)

13. theycallmejack Tuesday 2nd Aug 2011 at 10:22

Pokemon Emerald, The Minish Cap, and I'll trust comments of other people and say Golden Sun? (Because I never had it as a kid so it'd be great to see what all the fuss is about!) Oh, and with Pokemon Emerald, do you reckon it would be possible for Nintendo to update it slightly so that you could send Pokemon to Black and White? That'd be marvellous! Probably technically impossible, but marvellous nonetheless!!

14. Ynni Tuesday 2nd Aug 2011 at 10:39

The only game I want now would be Legend of Zelda: The Minish Cap, anything else is just a cherry on the top of the cake of awesome. Pokemon Emerald would be nice but it's very unlikely because there most likely wouldn't be any multiplayer, which would mean you can't trade evolve or get any Pokemon outside Hoenn, and it probably wouldn't have any of the gameplay updates from Gen IV+.

15. tomutwit Tuesday 2nd Aug 2011 at 10:46

Warioware Twisted and Yoshi Touch and Go obviously! The motion sensor is there so now these only in America games acn coem to Europe11

16. TomMc92 Tuesday 2nd Aug 2011 at 10:55

Ha alright i was waiting for Mario Advanced 4 to be announced one of my favorite gba games. As for other gba games id like to see Golden sun 1 & 2 as well another one of my favorites sonic battle that was a good gba game!

17. justfortonight27 Tuesday 2nd Aug 2011 at 10:57

Minish cap and a pokemon game would be nice.

18. mandlecreed Tuesday 2nd Aug 2011 at 11:26

Take it to your nearest McDonalds and connect to their free Wifi.

19. zelda-legend93 Tuesday 2nd Aug 2011 at 11:31

Let's face it. It's Legend of Zelda's 25th Anniversary this year. If they didn't include either Minish Cap or A Link to The Past with that lot, I'd be surprised. That, or they include the already confirmed free download of Four Swords as one of the ten GBA titles.....

20. goldbricks Tuesday 2nd Aug 2011 at 11:37

I'm happy with what we are getting but add LOZ: Minish Cap and I will be very very happy!!

21. imbusydoctorwho Tuesday 2nd Aug 2011 at 11:39

Yay,this will be my first Kirby game,I can't wait.
    I hope the final 3 GBA games are.
    Minish Cap
    Advance Wars
    Golden Sun
    or
    Mario and Luigi.

22. WildFeraligatr Tuesday 2nd Aug 2011 at 11:56

I'd really like to see Pokemon Ruby/Sapphire/Emerald (although Emerald would probably be the most likely bet!), since I never got a chance to play them. I'd also like to see Minish Cap, as, again, I never got a chance to play it :(

The last game I'm not too fussed about, as long as it's a good'un!

23. nin10do Tuesday 2nd Aug 2011 at 11:57

i hope one or both the golden suns come

24. master dingley Tuesday 2nd Aug 2011 at 11:57

I didn't think Mario Advance 4: Super Mario Bros 3 was announced?
    That was a typo from your original article when reading the NoE news post...

Still, I'm glad for Kirby and the amazing mirror because it's too difficult to find anymore in the EU ^^
    Hoping for Golden Sun and Minish Cap, not sure about what else I'd like.

25. SimplePlan2k8 Tuesday 2nd Aug 2011 at 12:10

Mario Bros 3 is a bit cheap, I mean that could come on the NES section really...

Hopeful for Minish Cap and Advance Wars, two of the best games to ever be released on a handheld

26. DavidRoberts753 Tuesday 2nd Aug 2011 at 12:15

I'd love to see maro and luigi superstar saga. It's the only one of the trilogy that I haven't played, and I've heard it's the best.

27. aclover Tuesday 2nd Aug 2011 at 12:19

Hi, i'm New! :L Ive been stalking the site for AGES and decided to join! :)
    but on-topic, I'd like to see Pokémon Pinball(I don't think it's been mentioned yet!), because they can't really release one of the main games, because it would need/should have connectivity with other versions, otherwise you'd be left with Gaps in the Dex! and I'm hoping for Minish Cap and M&L:SS , just because they are both amazing!
    ~byye! ac.

28. lrwr14 Tuesday 2nd Aug 2011 at 12:26

Go to mcdonalds, they usually have free internet.

29. olrodlegacy Tuesday 2nd Aug 2011 at 12:40

I can't believe my luck - I own a fairly large amount of GBA games, but none of the revealed free games!

30. 3D Gamer Tuesday 2nd Aug 2011 at 12:48

well then, better complete mvsDk before that comes out, and loz minish cap, even thought i have practicly completed it, ps, will four swords be on dsi ware on e shop, as i don't have a dsi, and i would really like four swords

31. pikmin1003 Tuesday 2nd Aug 2011 at 12:56

Boktai or f zero please Nintendo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

32. tahkshi Tuesday 2nd Aug 2011 at 13:01

Pokemon Emerald, Golden Sun and links awakening

33. kirby711 Tuesday 2nd Aug 2011 at 13:12

Well I'm not complaining, Kirby is always welcome on my 3DS! Still, we do need some other titles like Pokemon or Golden Sun to be included as well...

34. Blue Koopa Tuesday 2nd Aug 2011 at 13:41

Face it, chances are that there won't be Minish Cap, since it was made by Capcom, and the same goes for the Link to the Past remake too. Having said that, Link is property of Nintendo, so...
    Golden Sun was also a third-party game, so that's almost definitely a no.
    Mario & Luigi seems certain, because it has two recent sequels, and Wario Land 4 is the same story. Either Advance Wars or Fire Emblem would make sense, but both being available is unlikely.
    I seriously wasn't expecting Super Mario Bros. 3 because it is available in two forms for Wii alone (Yoshi's Island doesn't work on VC), however, now that it's confirmed, the other two remakes could happen...but I'd rather have GBA exclusives. If the Mario Advance games go in, you can forget about that game you wanted, unless it happens to be Wario Land 4 or Mario & Luigi.
    Finally, Pokemon and the like won't happen because of multiplayer - there are games on the list with multiplayer, but if I'm not mistaken, they all have single-cart multiplayer, and so download play could work if they can be bothered to include it. Multi-cart should be physically possible, but few people will be able to even get the games, so it probably won't be considered worthwhile.

Sorry for the rant. You can wake up now...

35. remagpie93 Tuesday 2nd Aug 2011 at 14:07

Super Mario Bros 3 HAS NOT been confirmed! Yoshi's Island was and this has been misinterpreted as SMB3 because it was Mario Advance 3.
    I'm hoping for Mario & Luigi, F-Zero and Fire Emblem because I still own the likes of Minish Cap and Advance Wars and seeing as Four Swords is being released for free anyway in September then Zelda is already sorted

36. SteveSalmon999 Tuesday 2nd Aug 2011 at 14:23

I want metroid zero mission,
    i know we're getting the original as a NES download,
    but i could never get hold of a gba copy of zero mission
    i've played fusion to completion so id rather have zero mission :?

37. mr gnome Tuesday 2nd Aug 2011 at 14:39

3ds+gyrosensor+gba games= warioware twisted please :D but i doubt it. mabey mario and luigi super stars saga minish cap or yoshis gravaty thingey :?: cus a zelda game is all thats missing from there big names

38. CDS Tuesday 2nd Aug 2011 at 14:50

Pokemon Pinball I'll take as I only ever got one chance to play it.
    The games already confirmed, NES and GBA are great games to get. I did own Mario Kart: Super Circuit, but the cart broke.
    An F-Zero game for GBA might be good.

39. cheatmaster30 Tuesday 2nd Aug 2011 at 15:03

I doubt it's WarioWare Twisted, because while it's a good game, they'd have to reprogram a fair amount of the game to work with the gyroscope controls and not the original tilt sensor (that was apparently banned or something). That seems a bit above Nintendo's level of effort for free games.

My guesses are either Wario Land 4, The Legend of Zelda the Minish Cap (it'd be madness not to include at least one Zelda game), and maybe Mario and Luigi Super Star Saga, or Golden Sun, or that F-Zero game. Maybe the other two Mario Advance games, although that would be a bit of a let down considering how little was changed in the second one one.

40. BurningBlaze Tuesday 2nd Aug 2011 at 15:20

I'm really hoping for Minish Cap but Mario and Luigi; Superstar Saga would be amazing aswell.

41. Samster64 Tuesday 2nd Aug 2011 at 15:29

I agree with Hylian_Grouch that there should be at least 1 Sonic Advance game. But 1 that I'd like to see is Game & Watch Gallery Advance. I know that there are already the DSi ware Game & Watch titles but with the "modern" contrasts in G&WGA I think it would make an interesting addition.

42. mariomadness56 Tuesday 2nd Aug 2011 at 15:47

Please dont do minish cap because ive got kirby and metroid and zelda on gba

43. mtrd_hntr Tuesday 2nd Aug 2011 at 15:48

I missed out on quite a lot of GBA games because most of my money went towards Gamecube stuff, so pretty much any game would be alright with me. If they included a Zelda, F-Zero and Advance Wars/Fire Emblem game it'd really round off the package well.

44. concernedcamel Tuesday 2nd Aug 2011 at 16:03

Minish cap if nintendo want true forgiveness!!!!

45. Blue Koopa Tuesday 2nd Aug 2011 at 16:06

This very website says it has. They even gave it's full name. Unless they're lying...

On another note, I forgot entirely about F-Zero, which would be great, and I can't see why not.

46. ledreppe Tuesday 2nd Aug 2011 at 16:19

Kirby is just what I want, thanks Nintendo you've made me very happy. I'll just have to be patient and wait till the end of the year before I can play it though.

47. RaidingRaichu Tuesday 2nd Aug 2011 at 16:29

Pokemon Ruby! With Migration & Wireless! Please?

48. pikmin1003 Tuesday 2nd Aug 2011 at 16:41

Boktai its an awesome game using sun light to destroy vampires

Only thing is though I bought it in December and it was a nightmare to play.

49. MummifiedCoconut Tuesday 2nd Aug 2011 at 17:41

While I am very happy that Kirby game is announced. I do have to question why this magazine is thinks that Super Mario Bros 3 (Super Mario Advance 4) was announced with the first wave of announced titles when I haven't seen Nintendo announce that. Unless you know something we don't, but I doubt that as you are implying that Yoshi's Island (Super Mario Advance 3) is recently announced after the first 5 when anyone can easily go onto Nintendo's official site and see it was one of the first 5: http://www.nintendo.co.uk/NOE/en_GB/new ... 44123.html
    I understand mistakes can happen but it's very sloppy to ignore the commenters who were right in the first article and fail to correct it and issue an apology. It is even worse when you can't be bothered to acknowledge your (read: company) mistake and continue to suggest you are right. Even worse is that this magazine is suppose to the Official Nintendo Magazine and it can't even copy a press release right. If Super Mario Bros 3 (Super Mario Advance 4) is coming the article is still wrong as it assumed the wrong game announced first.

50. MaxGrefkens Tuesday 2nd Aug 2011 at 17:53

Please Nintendo, make Pokemon 3DS come for the GBA aswell!
    I had this game on my Game Boy Advance, but I lost it.
    I think I don't have my GBA aswell...
    Anyway, even without Pokemon Emerald this is still a great list, makes me really happy that I bought my Nintendo 3DS early :D

51. RJTaylor Tuesday 2nd Aug 2011 at 18:10

Personally I'm hoping for Pokémon (Ruby, Sapphire and Emerald either is fine), Minish Cap and Fire Emblem. I've only played the trio of the Pokémon games and I would really love to see another Zelda game available and I'd also love to experience Fire Emblem!!! :D :D

52. Oxo64 Tuesday 2nd Aug 2011 at 18:16

Nice! This is one of my favorite Kirby games and it's free! :D

53. superweeble Tuesday 2nd Aug 2011 at 18:24

I'd like to see one of the early Advance Wars games.

54. rayman1557 Tuesday 2nd Aug 2011 at 18:25

I don't get it....

What does it mean by "Ambassador"?
    Is it going to be like we had on the wii, where you have to connect other people? Or do we just get free stuff for using the store?

55. metalgario Tuesday 2nd Aug 2011 at 19:55

Fire Emblem please!!

56. NickallowBros Tuesday 2nd Aug 2011 at 20:03

As much as I'd like a Sonic Advance game, it seems like Nintendo are only giving away 1st/2nd party games. To add to an already brilliant quality line-up of GBA games (I'm looking forward to playing Super Circuit for the first time); I'd like TLoZ: Minish Cap, the DKC2 remake (If RARE allow it) & of course Pokemon Ruby/Sapphire/Emerald

57. Jamzter Tuesday 2nd Aug 2011 at 21:17

Minish cap and pokemon have to be released, preferably Emerald.

58. CDS Tuesday 2nd Aug 2011 at 22:16

I don't get it....

What does it mean by "Ambassador"?

All you need to do is connect to the eShop before 12th August to be eligible for the games when they are released to those who did connect on 1st September.

59. Blue Koopa Wednesday 3rd Aug 2011 at 07:34

If they put on Donkey Kong Country and/or it's sequels, I may cry. I really dislike that game. And Diddy Kong...

It probably won't happen anyway, right?

60. TheRedPlumber Wednesday 3rd Aug 2011 at 08:46

So, do we get ALL these games for free or just one of our choice?

61. CDS Wednesday 3rd Aug 2011 at 08:51

All of them.

I've just been on the eShop, and the first thing it goes to is the Ambassador Programme, which has the exact same message as on Nintendo-Europe's website. Shows Nintendo are getting prepared to put more information on the eShop. And the games.

62. Xikelle Wednesday 3rd Aug 2011 at 09:22

Ah, it looks like it'll be a very good Autumn this year.
    Minish cap... a Link to the past, I'm interested in trying both. Would be interesting to play the 2 Golden sun games, I played Dark dawn recently, got all the sun saga books so I used that to find out what happened. (Have yet to beat a certain boss, which seems possibly like the final boss)
    It would be good to try fire emblem.
    So maybe the final 3 could be: either a Link to the past or Minish cap, Golden sun and Fire emblem.
    I wasn't sure if earlier it was said that there may be game boy color games or something, because if so that makes oracle of seasons/ages a possibility. Seems unlikely now.

63. Rae Broom Wednesday 3rd Aug 2011 at 11:31

yes golden sun please!!!! :D

64. SunnyIsland Wednesday 3rd Aug 2011 at 14:22

Yay! I'm absolutely overjoyed! I lost this game a while ago and tried it find it in the abyss of my living room... but with no luck :c But now I can play it again! :D It is one of my favourite kirby games and I was so close to finishing it with only one piece of the mirror left :/

Can't wait till we can download them!

65. Cyberguy Wednesday 3rd Aug 2011 at 20:10

Yes, a Kirby game I've never played before is on the list!

I hope they also do Nightmare in Dream Land, I mean, Mario's getting a load of games, so why shouldn't Kirby have another?

66. Blue Koopa Thursday 4th Aug 2011 at 07:38

Boktai its an awesome game using sun light to destroy vampires

Only thing is though I bought it in December and it was a nightmare to play.

Something tells me that one won't be released. Unless they can transmit sun sensors across the internet now...

67. pikmin1003 Thursday 4th Aug 2011 at 12:32

Boktai its an awesome game using sun light to destroy vampires

Only thing is though I bought it in December and it was a nightmare to play.

They done it on the gba so why couldnt they do it on 3ds?

68. Dave-O Thursday 4th Aug 2011 at 12:59

I would like the final three to be zelda: minish cap, mario and luigi: superstar saga and one of the fire emblems. I'm surprised no one has mentioned fire emblem, its one of the best games on gba.

69. Blue Koopa Friday 5th Aug 2011 at 10:41

They done it on the gba so why couldnt they do it on 3ds?

Boktai requires the game cart's in-built sun sensor to play certain parts of the game. The 3DS doesn't have a sun sensor or even a suitable replacement already built in, and, since these games are downloads, the hardware can't be provided separately, both for practicality and cost reasons.
    Also the game is made by Konami, and so Boktai is not one of Nintendo's properties. Nintendo is giving the games away for free. Konami are unlikely to give permission for Nintendo to use something they created to compensate for Nintendo's 3DS price cut, gaining no profit in the process. That's just bad business.

Fire Emblem has been mentioned several times.

70. IG-42 Saturday 6th Aug 2011 at 22:02

so to clarify simply because i have opened the e-shop from the home menu i get access to this fat ton of lewt?

71. CDS Sunday 7th Aug 2011 at 20:06

Yep.

72. ShrekGuy Monday 8th Aug 2011 at 11:48

This is a really great line-up of free downloads. It makes me wish I had bought a 3DS a bit later on but I'm probably going to have to wait for Christmas now.