Zelda Skyward Sword UK release date confirmed

It's coming to Wii in November

Finally, the news all Zelda fans have been waiting for. Nintendo has confirmed that The Legend Of Zelda: Skyward Sword will be released in the UK and Europe on 18 November.

Loading video...

It has already been a fantastic year for Zelda fans with the release of Ocarina Of Time 3D and things are set to get even better in the coming months with the Four Swords being made available for download in September and the Zelda symphony concert coming to London in October.

From what we've seen of the game, Skyward Sword should cap Zelda's 25th anniversary year off in style.

It will offer a different experience to any Zelda game you've played before with your sword swipes being accurately replicated on screen thanks to Wii MotionPlus.

Read our Zelda: Skyward Sword preview to find out how it plays. You've also been leaving your first impressions of Link's new adventure.

Is Skyward Sword number one on your Christmas shopping list?

Comments

1. pokemaster Wednesday 17th Aug 2011 at 07:08

Cant wait for this, will be getting it :D Now just got to save like mad for all the games coming out soon.

2. pokemongirl1112h Wednesday 17th Aug 2011 at 07:09

FIRST! its things like this that make me want a wii...

3. pompeyuni12 Wednesday 17th Aug 2011 at 07:15

Are we (UK) still getting the bundle with the gold wii remote plus? I don't have a remote plus yet, and the preview at E3 looked pretty fine.

4. david wev Wednesday 17th Aug 2011 at 07:24

omg that would kick ASS! :D

5. Xikelle Wednesday 17th Aug 2011 at 07:58

That's 2 days before my birthday! It's going on my wishlist as soon as possible!

6. mu3zzer Wednesday 17th Aug 2011 at 08:01

wooooooooohooooooooo!

7. shy guy 64 Wednesday 17th Aug 2011 at 08:17

stuff christmas, i'm getting it the day it comes out

8. CyberGW Wednesday 17th Aug 2011 at 08:43

November 18th
    The day when I will have to crawl into dark cave and stay there til Christmas Eve to help save myself from SOME of the embarrassment of not having a Wii, and missing out on what could be the greatest game of all time.
    WHY????!!!!!!!!

9. Eragon Firesword Wednesday 17th Aug 2011 at 08:48

Whether I get this on that date really depends on my funds. I'm a university student, so I need to be tight with my cash. I might just ask my parents for it for my birthday a month later. I... can't... WAIT! :D

10. darkandy666 Wednesday 17th Aug 2011 at 08:49

as happy as i am for this
    this is a week after elder scrolls skyrim!!!
    i need more money!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

11. Rabbid_girl Wednesday 17th Aug 2011 at 08:53

Its 10 days before my birthday! Yay!
    But....may not be getting it, as already getting 3DS and Ocarina of Time, so may have to wait until christmas like everyone else.

OR I could save up for it, but I've already started saving up for Professor Layton, but this is more important!!!
    So far, I only have £5

12. samus_killer Wednesday 17th Aug 2011 at 09:08

My most anticipated game of year. I'm so pre-ordering this when I finish work.

13. OrangeRakoon Wednesday 17th Aug 2011 at 09:23

Uncharted 3, Skyrim, and then Skyward Sword, one after the other... November, you are quite possibly the greatest month to have ever graced this Earth

14. Steno1 Wednesday 17th Aug 2011 at 09:39

W-hoo! Looks like i'll have to trade in my wii 2 months later, since it's dieng and all. Mind, I paid £175 for it and get £40 back :P from Game. :) :o :shock: :? :x :|

15. imbusydoctorwho Wednesday 17th Aug 2011 at 09:48

Fantastic news,I was actually thinking we might have to wait next year for it.
    This is 100% going on my Christmas list.

16. Ai64 Wednesday 17th Aug 2011 at 09:51

Yay! Just before christmas. ^^

17. englishGAMER Wednesday 17th Aug 2011 at 10:07

My Birthday is November 23rd, Fifa 12 & Skyward Sword are the 2 Wii games I want for birthday.

18. mafu1989 Wednesday 17th Aug 2011 at 10:14

WHAAAAAT an actually date what a start to the day. :D It gets better...... nintendos lastest post on the there site says Last Story and Pandora's tower early 2012! (Near the bottom of the acticle)

http://www.nintendo.co.uk/NOE/en_GB/new ... 44323.html

This day gets better and better. :D :D :D Roll on November!! :mrgreen:

19. Da_Epic_Fail Wednesday 17th Aug 2011 at 10:34

November is the now officially the best month ever, Skyward Sword, Cave Story, Tales of the Abyss and Sonic Generations... Gonna have to start selling some stuff :D

20. DarkBladeXIII Wednesday 17th Aug 2011 at 10:35

Its either at the top of my xmas list or going to be be preordered, that said is their any pre order bonuses??

21. Joe_Crow Wednesday 17th Aug 2011 at 11:08

Another pre-Christmas game added to the list :|

22. theycallmejack Wednesday 17th Aug 2011 at 11:13

Super Mario 3D Land, Skyward Sword, AND Mario Kart 7 within 2 months?! I'd better get on to work and ask for some overtime! Exciting!!! :mrgreen:

23. Komodo_Wolfgang Wednesday 17th Aug 2011 at 11:15

Christmas? UUUH NO! IM GETTING IT ON RELEASE =P *Now commencing saving money*

24. shadow663 Wednesday 17th Aug 2011 at 11:28

OMG we finally have a release date. anticipation overload :D

25. BlueNayru Wednesday 17th Aug 2011 at 11:33

Only 3 Months to wait! x333 So excited!

26. Hylian_Grouch Wednesday 17th Aug 2011 at 11:43

not waiting for bloody xmas. i have had this game preordered on amazon now for nearly six months. going to sit and play it all the way through as soon as it arrives

27. SamuriFerret Wednesday 17th Aug 2011 at 12:09

Considering this has been delayed again and again for about 3 years, it's nice to finally know we're getting it this time. And from what we've heard from the development team, it'll be absolutely amazing.

28. cheatmaster30 Wednesday 17th Aug 2011 at 12:56

Nice to see the UK (and Europe) won't have the game delayed for once, and that it'll be out this holiday season.

Thanks for the info ONM!

29. ledreppe Wednesday 17th Aug 2011 at 13:16

November's gonna be busy, MK7, SM3DL, Skyward Sword and Sonic Generations! I don't think there's anything else interesting coming out in December, January or February though.

30. Toku-r Wednesday 17th Aug 2011 at 13:20

OMG YES! 8 days after my birthday!! :D

31. Otis P Jivefunk Wednesday 17th Aug 2011 at 13:21

Two days before my birthday, good timing! I'll be getting it on release date though!...

32. Castle Crashing Wednesday 17th Aug 2011 at 14:20

I'm noticing a little trend of releasing games 2 days here before America.

It happened with Pokémon Black/White, the 3DS and it's launch games, DOA Dimensions, Ocarina of Time 3D and now Skyward Sword. I'm sure there are other examples I've missed.

But 18th November, time to carve that date into my wall!

33. addnator_ Wednesday 17th Aug 2011 at 14:42

Yes! That's just 8 days before my birthday!

34. falconpunch94 Wednesday 17th Aug 2011 at 14:48

Hopefully this gets the hype going a bit, It seems to be a bit quiet compared to most Zelda games, I can't wait!

35. mariomadness56 Wednesday 17th Aug 2011 at 15:02

chrsitmas for me

that way I get a load of awesome games at christmas

36. kirby711 Wednesday 17th Aug 2011 at 15:09

Good to know.

37. mrriseagainst1 Wednesday 17th Aug 2011 at 15:11

defiantly putting some money aside for release day

38. Redfish20 Wednesday 17th Aug 2011 at 15:25

Just when I actually had some money. Guess I'll be toning my social life down until after Christmas, which wont be a problem once I have the game tbh.

39. Mmmyeah Wednesday 17th Aug 2011 at 16:01

gosh darn it! i am not going to be in england to play it! i guess i will have to call of the trip...

40. MrChewtoy Wednesday 17th Aug 2011 at 16:12

Last year's day one purchases was September - Other M, October - Layton 3, November - GoldenEye and December - DKCR.

This year is August - Xenoblade, and November - Skyward Sword.

Has a year really almost passed since Other M came out?

41. xzeldax Wednesday 17th Aug 2011 at 17:32

:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

42. thenintendoer Wednesday 17th Aug 2011 at 17:33

i thought nintendo were planning a 1 day release to avoid spoliers

43. link982 Wednesday 17th Aug 2011 at 19:49

OH EM GEE.

44. ArmouredSwampert Thursday 18th Aug 2011 at 11:20

Another game I'd like coming in November. Brilliant.

45. rinalicat Thursday 18th Aug 2011 at 15:08

A date for the calender! To escape the rush though, I'll probably pre-order it from Amazon. Tee hee hee...oh I have to tell my friend as well!! And I need to check if my Wiimotion Plus adaptor-thing actually works...man, I've got a lot of preparing to do...

46. DarkBladeXIII Thursday 18th Aug 2011 at 17:27

after reading through the comments i figured that it is unlikely to be available Xmas Time if all gamers preorder i.... time to re plan this, PRE ORDER!!!!!

47. TheRedPlumber Friday 19th Aug 2011 at 08:47

The day before my birthday! YES!!

48. IndigoStevie Friday 19th Aug 2011 at 20:20

My birthday is in october so this is getting a pre-order on that very day.

49. TwilightLink77 Sunday 28th Aug 2011 at 08:46

I would also like to know if the United Kingdom and Europe are getting the gold Nintendo Wii Remote Plus with a picture of the Triforce on it...

50. Icytroid1993 Monday 19th Sep 2011 at 14:38

A console Zelda is always better, and more of a big deal than a handheld Zelda (unless it's called Ocarina of time). Another date then marked on my calendar! Phew, I just can't keep up with all the amazing games coming out this year, it's great :D This is certainly towards the top of my list!!!