Super Mario Land 2 and Metroid 2 coming to 3DS eShop

Expect them before the end of the year

Great news for Mario and Metroid fans. Super Mario Land 2: 6 Golden Coins and Metroid 2: Return Of Samus will be released through the 3DS eShop before the end of the year.

Super Mario Land was a 3DS eShop launch game and it will be joined in the download store by the sequel during the fourth quarter of 2011.

Super Mario Land 2 is notable for being the first game to feature Wario. In a bid to take Mario's castle for himself, Wario put an evil spell on Mario Land while the plumber was away defeating Tatanga in Sarasaland.

The inhabitants are now brainwashed into thinking that Wario is their master and Mario is their enemy. To stop Wario, Mario must find the 6 Golden Coins throughout Mario Land to reclaim his castle.

Those who haven't played it will be pleased to learn that this was one of the largest games on the Game Boy at the time of its release in 1993 and is eight times larger than its predecessor.

As for Metroid 2: The Return of Samus, it was the only Metroid game released for Game Boy. Originally released in 1992, it saw Samus being sent on a mission to exterminate the Metroid creatures from their home planet SR388 before the Space Pirates can obtain and use them.

Metroid recently celebrated its 25th anniversary.

Are you going to download these games?

Comments

1. pokemaster Wednesday 17th Aug 2011 at 07:10

Great news, Metroid 2 is a definite buy for me as its the only Metroid (apart from Zero Mission) that I have not yet played.

2. craigbo 180 Wednesday 17th Aug 2011 at 07:15

I might get Metroid 2, but I still have my copy of 6 golden coins that games great but I have already played it to death I have 3 completed files on my cart. I don't need to play it again.

3. emperor ing Wednesday 17th Aug 2011 at 07:24

AT LAST! Metroid II! This will be an instant purchase for me; I've been waiting a long time for this game to appear on VC.

4. ACRID Wednesday 17th Aug 2011 at 07:54

Both definite purchases for me, the 4 main GB games I was interested in were Super Mario Land 1 & 2, Zelda: Links Awakening and Metroid 2. The Kirby games are an added bonus.
    Thank you Nintendo.

5. shy guy 64 Wednesday 17th Aug 2011 at 08:24

i've still got super mario land 2, but i'm definatly getting metroid 2

6. eternalmidnight Wednesday 17th Aug 2011 at 08:38

Yay! Finally the GOOD Super Mario Land game is coming out :)

7. samus_killer Wednesday 17th Aug 2011 at 08:42

I missed a lot of GB games from back in the day, as I was too busy playing Pokemon Red and Tetris to even know what else existed on the system. I really cannot wait to play these classics.

8. CyberGW Wednesday 17th Aug 2011 at 08:50

Good news!
    Looks like we'll have to wait for Red and Blue, how about March next year where we would normally get a new Pokemon ROG Nintendo?
    It would cetainly fill the Pokemon-less gap!

9. Toadmaniac2 Wednesday 17th Aug 2011 at 09:42

I would have expected these anywway, but in fairness, I would love to play Metroid 2, Mario Land's not that great, 80% at best.

10. imbusydoctorwho Wednesday 17th Aug 2011 at 10:39

Metroid 2 for me,Love the series.

11. falconpunch94 Wednesday 17th Aug 2011 at 13:14

:| Like I posted in the recent purchase thread I only bought Metroid II a few weeks ago :lol:

12. kirby711 Wednesday 17th Aug 2011 at 15:10

Nice to know there are more good games coming.