Monster Hunter 3DS revealed

It will use the new Circle Pad attachment

In addition to revealing the new Nintendo 3DS Circle Pad attachment, the latest edition of Famitsu magazine has unveiled Monster Hunter 3G for 3DS.

Earlier this year, Capcom said that a Monster Hunter 3DS game is probable and now we have confirmation of its existence.

According to the magazine, the game will feature the underwater battles that were introduced in Monster Hunter Tri (pictured above). Players can also expect local wireless play.

Apparently the controls are slightly different in the underwater sections but it still plays like Monster Hunter Tri.

In addition to using the second Circle Pad, the game also utilises the touchscreen with players tapping it to make characters turn to face larger beasts.

The game is planned for release in Japan at the end of the year and will feature a monster called Blakidios on its cover.

Are you looking forward to Monster Hunter 3G?

[ Source: Andriasang ]

Comments

1. darkandy666 Wednesday 7th Sep 2011 at 09:37

can't wait for this! so hopping the second circle pad is not that expensive so i can get this game with it!

2. tohaker Wednesday 7th Sep 2011 at 09:38

Fantastic!! I always wanted to play Monster Hunter Tri and now i can play it on the move! :lol: I dont really like how the new peripheral looks... its a bit ugly and makes the 3DS look very lop-sided :?

3. Soulblitz Wednesday 7th Sep 2011 at 09:40

Not if I have to pay for the attachment to enjoy it, no. I love Nintendo games, but I've gotta say, I'm getting more and more disappointed with the 3DS. I paid all that for the console and two games at launch, and then the prices is horrendously slashed in a matter of months. Sure, the Ambassador program is a nice enough idea, but despite these games being classics, I've played them all and finished them all, several times already, on different systems.

Maybe I'll feel different once the big (read: first party) games start to come out, but until then, I'll just continue to use my new shiny 3DS to play old DS games to try and justify the money I spend at launch, then lost a few months later. :(

4. CDS Wednesday 7th Sep 2011 at 09:45

Well maybe the 3DS attachment will come bundled free with the game. That's possible, all things considered.
    Never played a Monster Hunter game. Think I'll just stick with Pokemon.

5. lrwr14 Wednesday 7th Sep 2011 at 09:56

Omg that's amazing, big fan of the MH games. By the sound of it it's just going to be a port of tri with G rank quest like MHFU/MHP2ndG, still I'll get it. I hate they add in the extra weapons that they removed.

6. Dan-the-Wii-man Wednesday 7th Sep 2011 at 10:09

Is this a remake of Tri or a different game? id really like to play it but if its the same as the wii one i cant justify buying it again :/

7. CDS Wednesday 7th Sep 2011 at 10:29

We'll have to wait and see.

8. Steam n Dragon Wednesday 7th Sep 2011 at 10:41

So stoked for this, I bought a psp just to play monster Hunter so I'll be definitely picking this up

9. CDS Wednesday 7th Sep 2011 at 10:44

And if its released on the PSV?
    Just saying. The PSV version could boast better online features.

10. yubel Wednesday 7th Sep 2011 at 10:51

Awesome. Since it's now too much of a struggle for me to get back into Tri, I'm now stoked that I'll be able to get stuck into more of the same on the 3DS.

11. Bleachyleachy Wednesday 7th Sep 2011 at 11:00

Uses the attachment?
    *Fnap*
    That's the sound of my wallet snapping shut.
    Tell me the extra circle pad isn't mandatory? Please...

12. omza Wednesday 7th Sep 2011 at 11:19

Never got around to buying the Wii one, so this one sounds like a definite purchase if I'm not playing Mario Kart, Super Mario, Skyward Sword, GoldenEye: Reloaded or Halo: Anniversary. You know what, I might actually give this a miss.

13. MD1500 Wednesday 7th Sep 2011 at 11:29

I feel like boycotting this game on principle. I don't want this cradle to be a success. I get enough weird looks when I play my 3DS on the train as it is.

14. imbusydoctorwho Wednesday 7th Sep 2011 at 13:08

Fan tabby tastic news,I'm really happy about this.
    I really enjoyed Tri and I expect this to be just as good.

15. lrwr14 Wednesday 7th Sep 2011 at 13:26

http://img183.imagevenue.com/img.php?im ... 520lo.jpg#

Scans of the game. It shows plesioth from MHFU :D so it'll have some new/old monsters. If you look at the silhouettes of the hunters you can see the bow and I think the gunlance from MHFU :D, Probably others.

16. IPecksU Wednesday 7th Sep 2011 at 13:34

I like this

17. ledreppe Wednesday 7th Sep 2011 at 13:46

Honestly, everyone slams the circle pad attatchment, and then they praise a game like this that makes use of it. Make your bloody minds up people, do you want the circle pad attachment or not?!

18. lrwr14 Wednesday 7th Sep 2011 at 14:01

Looks like the flagship monster will be a new one called Blakidios. We will also see the return of subspecies such as the Pink Rathain and probably azure Rathalos (hopefully the gold and silver ones too). I hope they add in the Subspecies from MHP3rd such as - the thunder qurupeco, thunder gigginox, poison royal Ludroth, Ice barroth, Ice Agnaktor and the Sand Barioth. Plus others from MHFU.

19. 3MEGAMAN Wednesday 7th Sep 2011 at 14:03

I think I will get the attachment, as long as it works well I will have no problem. I also think devs will create different control schemes for there games.

20. garsh303 Wednesday 7th Sep 2011 at 14:29

I'm expecting a bundle set of Monster Hunter 3G with the extra Circle Pad.

21. allanironmaiden Wednesday 7th Sep 2011 at 14:30

been waiting for this announcement for ages now! woohoooo, MHTri was immense, now cant wait for this

22. CyberGW Wednesday 7th Sep 2011 at 14:54

Not played a Monster Hunter before, it will be done to you ONM wether I buy it or not!

23. gregan25 Wednesday 7th Sep 2011 at 15:19

am i looking forward to this :O yes!!!!!!! nuff said

24. Missile T Dog Wednesday 7th Sep 2011 at 15:19

yay woop de woop, I can now say for sure I can for sure I'll be able to persuade my friend to by a 3ds as he loves his monster hunti'n :D

25. Hylian koopa Wednesday 7th Sep 2011 at 15:23

Hey guys, can anyone tell me how to beat the Royal Ludroth in Monster Hunter Tri? I know it's probably easy for you monster hunter die-hards but I suck at water battles and if I wait to fight him on dry land I run out of time! :(

26. lrwr14 Wednesday 7th Sep 2011 at 15:30

What's your weapon of choice?

27. Moo-dyman Wednesday 7th Sep 2011 at 15:35

YYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS. :D

28. Natata Wednesday 7th Sep 2011 at 15:39

looking forward to playing this and i can't believe it's coming out in about 3 months i thought it would be about a year or so though. still i hope a new 3ds isn't annonced by nintendo i saved up nearly a year to get my 3ds and it would annoy me if nintendo released another one so soon after it's release :?

oh and by the way hylian koopa i chose bowgun though most people hate it i found using it underwater practically the same as on land oh and heavy is the best as it gives you good defence stats

29. Hylian koopa Wednesday 7th Sep 2011 at 15:41

Cheers guys! although my weapon of choice would be the switch-axe I might try out the bowgun.

30. Darklord101 Wednesday 7th Sep 2011 at 15:43

why is it called monster hunter 3g?
    I had no idea the 3ds had the capabilities for 3g.

31. lrwr14 Wednesday 7th Sep 2011 at 15:53

why is it called monster hunter 3g?
    I had no idea the 3ds had the capabilities for 3g.

The G will stand for G rank quests, which are harder.

32. Xikelle Wednesday 7th Sep 2011 at 16:15

I might get Monster hunter Tri for the Wii first, then perhaps consider... There isn't enough information yet for me to decide properly. Such as prices and what other games would require this peripheral.

33. Ynni Wednesday 7th Sep 2011 at 17:50

Snow from Capcom-Unity has said that there are no plans for a Western release of MHTG.

34. Mmmyeah Wednesday 7th Sep 2011 at 17:52

Monster Hunter 3G

3G? Does this mean the add-on will add 3G capabilities? That would help make it more worthwhile.

I also think that there is a chance of it including an extra battery pack, like a lot of SLR cameras do. It could vastly improve the battery life.

35. linkbob Wednesday 7th Sep 2011 at 18:14

OMG AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH. SO DAMN BUZZING!!!

Ahhhhh, words cannot describe how happy I am for this announcement! :D!!!!

SO MUCH LOVE FOR CAPCOM RIGHT NOW

36. TomMc92 Wednesday 7th Sep 2011 at 18:23

Great news when i first saw this i thought i would love to see water levels as they were my favorite in Tri and there in the game so great. What i dont like is no mention of wi-fi play is it really just local when the psp one's have always been online why do it just with the 3ds. Also i will use the circle pad im not gonna moan like the most of you they did something which people wanted to see on the 3ds which is kind of them. Its better than brand new 3ds eh so quit that whining and by happy for a change.

37. TomMc92 Wednesday 7th Sep 2011 at 18:23

Great news when i first saw this i thought i would love to see water levels as they were my favorite in Tri and there in the game so great. What i dont liek is no mentino of wi-fi play is it really just locla when the psp one's have always been online why do it just with the 3ds. Also i will use the circle pad im not gonna moan like the most of you they did something which people wanted to see on the 3ds which is kind of them. Its better than brand new 3ds eh so quit that whining and by happy for a change.

38. Komodo_Wolfgang Wednesday 7th Sep 2011 at 19:35

EFF YESSSS!!!! THIS IS FANTASTIC NEWS. Hopefuly it will be out in England around Feb, Since Japan get it before christmas. Not taken by the Circle pad, hoping this game doesnt NEED it. But if it comes as a bundle with a 'lil' sum'n sum'n' like Tri, Ill buy it <3

39. Hisoka Wednesday 7th Sep 2011 at 19:43

Never played a Monster Hunter game. Think I'll just stick with Pokemon.

Play a game in the Monster Hunter series and don't look back.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA oh that's a good one. Get out of here, they'd be stupid not to release it in the west. It will sell better for one.

40. RiksilveR Wednesday 7th Sep 2011 at 20:13

YEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAH!!!
    I knew Capcom would do this eventually, I've only ever played MHFU but I'm still stoked for this. As with most I'm hoping they bundle the attachment with the game but if not I'm still willing to buy both seperately.
    Also, I didn't realise MHFU could go online for multiplayer, I thought it was just local?

Also loling at the newbies who appear not to have done their homework...
    It's called Monster Hunter 3G because it's an updated version of Monster Hunter Portable 3rd (Unless I'm mistaken and it's actually an update to Tri), not because of 3G capabilities. MHFU's Japanese title is Monster Hunter Portable 2nd G, so that'll be where it's come from (Again, unless I'm mistaken).

41. Ynni Wednesday 7th Sep 2011 at 20:38

Only said Capcom had no plans. Nintendo had to publish Tri outside Japan so that's probably what will happen with this. After all, the slide pad expansion is directly linked to Monster Hunter Tri and it was, presumably, Nintendo of Europe that told ONM it exists; otherwise it would have been 'a no comment'.

EDIT: Just checked sales of Tri. Around 200k sales in US and EU, nearly 1 million sales in Japan. Yeah, it will totally sell better here.

42. superdudemiles Wednesday 7th Sep 2011 at 21:34

For a second then I thought this game was going to have '3G capabilities' i.e. what mobile phones use.
    Misleading title.

43. Eragon Firesword Thursday 8th Sep 2011 at 00:15

Hopefully the game will have more weapon classes than Tri's pitiful 7. I mean, where the hell were the gunlances?!? And only three Elder Dragons? More this time please Capcom.

44. Ynni Thursday 8th Sep 2011 at 00:38

http://images2.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb2 ... 533659.jpg

Bottom left two pages. The silhouettes are for the weapon classes:

Returning:

Sword and Shield
    Great Sword
    Longsword
    Lance
    Hammer
    Switchaxe
    Light Bowgun
    Heavy Bowgun (Bowguns have been streamlined; Medium doesn't exist now)

New:

Dual Blades
    Bow
    Gunlance
    Hunting Horn

45. Dertdood Friday 9th Sep 2011 at 14:34

They should give as a bundle so we can get it a little bit cheaper with the game