Super Mario 3D Land release date confirmed

When will it be hitting the UK? Find out...

Nintendo has announced that Super Mario 3D Land will be released in the UK on 18 November.

No doubt Nintendo picked this date to commemorate the 385th anniversary of the consecration of St Peter's Basilica in the Vatican City, but that's not important. What's important is that we're now talking only two measly months until Mario's latest adventure is with us.

A few new features have also been revealed. Before you start each level you'll be able to use the gyro to look around the levels, scouting around to find secrets before you start.

It'll also have StreetPass functionality - though the details for that have yet to be confirmed - and the return of Propellor Blocks from New Super Mario Bros Wii.

We also got confirmed release dates for Mario Kart 7, Super Pokemon Rumble and the new red 3DS this morning - it's shaping up to be a cracking Christmas for Nintendo fans.

There was also an eventful 3DS conference in Japan in the early hours of this morning - find out everything that happened here.

We're more pumped than the Michelin Man wearing Reebok Pumps and sucking on some helium. Will you be getting Super Mario 3D Land?

Comments

1. kracian Tuesday 13th Sep 2011 at 10:03

FIRST!!! and aww man... same day as Zelda???? that's gonna be an expensive day for me >__<

2. SimplePlan2k8 Tuesday 13th Sep 2011 at 10:03

The SAME day as Zelda? Really Nintendo, who makes these decisions? Are you trying to sell these games poorly?

3. JamieRIOT Tuesday 13th Sep 2011 at 10:06

Skyward Sword and Super Mario 3D Land on the same day?! No work is getting done from this date onward.

4. shy guy 64 Tuesday 13th Sep 2011 at 10:06

the same day as skyward sword?! there goes my money

i'll have to get sonic genarations and the spectors call for christmas

5. Hylian_Grouch Tuesday 13th Sep 2011 at 11:04

chuckle. the whole country grinds to a halt as everyone is either playing this or skyward sword

6. imbusydoctorwho Tuesday 13th Sep 2011 at 13:33

Ouch,same day as Zelda,it's going to be a very expensive day.

7. Jake 346 Wednesday 14th Sep 2011 at 10:33

That's two games coming out on my birthday! :D

8. Steno1 Wednesday 14th Sep 2011 at 11:51

I'm saving Mario Kart 7 for xmas as i only have to wait a couple of days.

Oh my lord, i have nearly Ł30 though. Should i go for Zelda or Mario? Which? I prefer Mario by 6%, if i see more of Zelda i might change my mind.

9. tomutwit Thursday 15th Sep 2011 at 18:50

Oh god, well, at least I'll have Nintendo to thank for causing AND breaking my Minecraft addiction.

10. TwilightLink77 Monday 26th Sep 2011 at 16:19

I'm happy that they are coming out on the same day as I've saved up for a long while for these games.

I am getting the following games before the end of the year:
    -Sonic Generations Collector's Edition (PS3)
    -Sonic Generations Special Edition (PS3)
    -Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword Limited Edition bundle x2
    -Mario Kart 7

My friend said that he will be getting me Super Mario 3D Land for Christmas.
    I am all set for a long christmas holiday of video gaming. :D