New 3DS Circle Pad attachment pictures

See the shoulder buttons

We revealed the first official Nintendo 3DS Circle Pad attachment picture yesterday and now we have more images of the peripheral which will be available from Japan in December.

These images show the new peripheral from a variety of different angles, meaning you can now see the new shoulder buttons and the battery slot.

It has been designed to be compatible with Monster Hunter 3G and it will also work with Metal Gear Solid 3D, Resident Evil, Ace Combat 3D, Dynasty Warriors VS and Kingdom Hearts.

What do you think of it?

[ Source: Game.Watch ]

Comments

1. Mahzes Wednesday 14th Sep 2011 at 09:12

Seeing it from that angle actually makes it look a bit more comfortable, actually.

Still, I don't really see how this can ever truly be 'optional' if it adds extra buttons. In other words they won't really be necessary (i.e. replaced with touch-screen buttons), or will be compulsory for some games.

2. reeesy Wednesday 14th Sep 2011 at 09:25

You know what, it may look bulky and ugly, but it will open up the 3DS to a whole new realm of possibilities and thats the important thing.

3. Mahzes Wednesday 14th Sep 2011 at 09:37

My only issue with it at all is that it'll also open the 3DS up to an inevitable new model within the next year or so that has the second circle pad built in. =/

4. avaris15 Wednesday 14th Sep 2011 at 09:38

I'm certainly warming to the idea. I think it will make the 3DS a lot more comfortable to use, and gives it extra functionality. IMHO a better (and cheaper) option than buying a new, redesigned console. My gripes are that it had the potential to house a bigger battery, but I guess it might not have been feasible, and the colour looks a little off - but it's early days just yet.

5. SoulSilver IV Wednesday 14th Sep 2011 at 09:43

Attach the wrist strap to the Nintendo 3DS and wear it when using this accessory.

I still wish this thing was a bit more elegant and compact, but it doesn't look like too much trouble will be had out of fitting it to the 3DS and using it then. The design of the plastic really reminds me of the Classic Controller Pro. Looks like it could be really comfy to use actually, although I hope they bring out a blue version to match my 3DS. i wonder how this communicates with the 3DS then, maybe via the IR port?

6. Dan-the-Wii-man Wednesday 14th Sep 2011 at 09:59

Looks comfier from that angle almost looks like the shape of the classic controller pro which is good :)

7. Sonic56 Wednesday 14th Sep 2011 at 10:33

personally with this i am hoping that we will get a good COD for 3ds. I mean graphics won't be a problem and it could work really good with the new circle pad attachment. And also do we know if there will be a blue one because I don't think the black would look very good on a blue 3ds

8. pokemaster Wednesday 14th Sep 2011 at 12:18

Since the official pics have been popping up it looks better, and more comfortable.

9. imbusydoctorwho Wednesday 14th Sep 2011 at 12:31

It's looking more better now,could be quite comftable.

10. primus85 Wednesday 14th Sep 2011 at 13:11

i've got to say i maybe interested but i'll still wait a year in-case they release a new editon with it added. Considering the number of games they've confirmed to use it aswell is fairly encouraging, but im still not sold on the idead. The pictures do makes it look better though and much more comfortable than i originally envisioned. I will wait and see if it picks up....im hoping it does

11. ledreppe Wednesday 14th Sep 2011 at 13:28

I'll buy it if enough games support it, but none of the so far announced games just don't interest me. Otherwise, I'll put off buying it for as long as possible.

12. shuff Wednesday 14th Sep 2011 at 14:42

As long as the (inevitable) "next model" has bigger screens (as well as the extra circle pad) - All is good.

13. RaidingRaichu Wednesday 14th Sep 2011 at 14:46

My only worry is colour coordination. Hopefully they will release an aqua blue one!

14. CyberGW Wednesday 14th Sep 2011 at 16:42

I think that it looks really nice now!
    I hope Kid Icarus uses it, but it's not essential, just for left-handed players!

15. Dertdood Wednesday 14th Sep 2011 at 17:22

It actually has a bit more style than I originally thought

16. Da_Epic_Fail Wednesday 14th Sep 2011 at 17:38

From the back it looks like the back of a classic controller, which is I think one of the comfiest controllers out now.
    The only thing I can think of is that, in the magazine shots, Nintendo really picked the worst angle you could possibly show the Circle Pad attachment from. :D

17. Pichu10585 Wednesday 14th Sep 2011 at 19:07

yeah it looks much better now.

18. CDS Wednesday 14th Sep 2011 at 19:36

One thing I'd like to know is 'are those extra shoulder buttons, or are they just to support the two already on the console itself?'

19. 08boatfg Friday 16th Sep 2011 at 19:33

I think that this will be comfier to hold than the 3DS on its own, as there will be more hand room and looks like it is meant to fit to the shape of your hand.