Pokedex 3D update unlocks AR features

Get your new AR features now...

Switch on Pokedex 3D this morning and you might find some new AR features. You may have already unlocked these AR features but if you haven't, it's a nice bonus.

There's now a pause button on each Pokemon's main screen which you can normally unlock when you receive each individual species from a friend.

The musical note in AR Viewer which is normally unlocked when you have 30 stickers in your sticker book is available.

Then there's the SD Card Background Feature which is unlocked when you have 50 stickers in your sticker book.

Then there's three more AR Viewer features. Real Size Button in AR Viewer would normally be unlocked when you have 100 stickers in your sticker book. Same goes for Scale Slider.

You'd normally need 150 stickers to unlock the Stopwatch in AR Viewer but that is also available for everyone now.

Do you still use Pokedex 3D? Will you be switching it on again today?

Here's our Pokedex 3D review.

Comments

1. MartinIsAwesome Monday 3rd Oct 2011 at 09:46

I stopped recieving daily SpotPass updates a few months ago, so I haven't been anywhere near it. I still have no idea why it stopped. I was getting three a day and had over 110. I've now got to rely on a friend I rarely get to see to complete my 'dex.

2. Joe_Crow Monday 3rd Oct 2011 at 09:50

I'll have a look now!

3. Serebii Monday 3rd Oct 2011 at 10:02

That happens from time to time. You can restart it by scanning a few AR markers of Pokémon you've yet to see. AR markers are found here; http://www.serebii.net/pokedex3d/pokemon.shtml

4. mu3zzer Monday 3rd Oct 2011 at 10:03

Exactly the same here. Might go a check it out again at some point now.

5. FireHawk Monday 3rd Oct 2011 at 10:04

I had this problem a while back and emailed Nintendo about it. They said if you scan the AR code of a Pokemon you don't have, then that helps the game work out which Pokemon you don't have and Spotpass updates should resume as normal.

I found a webpage with all the AR codes on it, scanned each one and within a few days it worked. I was soon receiving Spotpass updates for the Pokemon I had yet to get. I have now completed my Pokedex except for the ones I have to get from another person (elemental monkeys, alternate forms).

In regards to the update, I already have all the AR features, so the only thing that would be new to me would be the pause button on the Pokemon's main pages. I can see how this would be useful to those who've not unlocked everything, though, as it does cut through the tedium of having to scan the AR codes of every Pokemon you get to get all this stuff.

6. Wiimote Monday 3rd Oct 2011 at 11:13

Might go and have a look soon.

Its annoying that i have to rely on a friend to complete my pokedex when none of my friends have a 3DS or pokedex 3D. Im doomed to have an uncompleted pokedex forever :(

7. MartinIsAwesome Monday 3rd Oct 2011 at 11:25

Thanks guys, I'll try it out! :mrgreen:

8. CyberGW Monday 3rd Oct 2011 at 14:42

Bit disappointed that there isn't any actual new features, just ones unlocked since I have them all.
    Hopefully it will kick start SpotPass as well, as I've tried the scanning thing 3 times now (it worked the first time, but not anymore) but it's still stuck.

9. I Am Error Monday 3rd Oct 2011 at 15:27

for some reason (im glad this software is free) my spotpass reviever stopped working fro pokedex 3d like a couple of weeks back ....HELP????

Edit*:email: peterbelderson@hotmail.com

10. FireHawk Monday 3rd Oct 2011 at 16:02

I think you'll find both Serebii and myself answered that a few comments up. Scanning the AR markers of Pokemon you don't already have helps the game 'sort out' which ones you've yet to get. I have done this and it works.

It's also worth repeating that there are some Pokemon you have to get via trading. You will only get one of the three kinds of 'elemental monkey', one of the differing gender forms of Unfezant, Frillish and Jellicent, and one of the differing season forms of Deerling and Sawsbuck. You will have to trade with a friend to get the other monkeys and forms.

11. MrChewtoy Monday 3rd Oct 2011 at 16:10

Great, I didn't fancy the idea of getting my friends to trade every pokemon to me just so I could get the pause button. Although I still need the alternate forms and those elusive final four pokemon.

12. noobgamer9 Monday 3rd Oct 2011 at 16:14

what happened to the blue spotpass light on the 3ds?

13. Waldy565 Monday 3rd Oct 2011 at 16:16

cant wait to download this, and other things, at xmas :D

14. Argenthor Monday 3rd Oct 2011 at 18:22

I only ever got 2 a day..... i found that quite sad

15. CraigEmberson Tuesday 4th Oct 2011 at 00:47

If you have 110, you should still be getting more of them but you need to check it every day - also, the best thing to do is when you receive one, press the home button and press it again and it will pop up saying you can get another one, until you get your third one of the day. For me, it doesn't always show up blue on the light, it will do that over the icon instead.

The Pokemon you won't receive also depends on what you have received -
    e.g. Winter Deerling + Winter Sawsbuck will mean you have to find a friend to get the other forms, as you'll only get one set.
    e.g. Pansage + Simisage will mean you need to trade with a friend to get Pansear + Simisear and Panpour + Simipour.

There are also Legendary Pokemon you can only get if you scan their AR Marker - which you will find on websites like Serebii.net or nintendo3dsblog.com (check Pokedex 3D in the side panel and scroll through news updates). Then you should receive more. There are other Pokemon that work the same as the examples above but I received around 130-140 of them.

16. GuitarHero Tuesday 4th Oct 2011 at 06:02

I stopped collecting them ages ago, and I'm not too bothered.

17. SuperLuigiYoshi Wednesday 5th Oct 2011 at 18:32

I JUST WANT THEM TO RELEASE AN UPDATE THAT LEST ME DOWNLOAD THE LAST 10 OR SO WITHOUT HAVING TO GET THEM OFF OTHER PEOPLE GOD DANGIT! NOBODY ELSE I KNOW HAS A 3DS!