First Sky 3D video hits 3DS

Watch Meerkats 3D video now

The first Sky TV content is now available to download on your 3DS. Yes, a trailer for Sky 3D programme Meerkats 3D has just gone live on Nintendo Video.

Meerkats 3D is a new nature programme that is coming to Sky 3D on 16 October. It will also be shown in 2D on Nat Geo Wild but 3DS owners can watch a 3D trailer for the show on their 3DS now.

Although the show is all about meerkats, the best 3D moment in the Meerkats 3D trailer is when the snake pops up.

Nintendo announced that it was working on 3D content with Sky back in January at the Nintendo 3DS conference but this is the first piece of shortform content on 3DS.

At the same 3DS showcase, Nintendo also announced a partnership with Eurosport and confirmed that Shaun The Sheep 3D would be coming to 3DS.

Meerkats 3D is joined by another 3D magic video on Nintendo 3DS. Do you have a 3DS? Watch the Meerkats 3D video and let us know what you think.

You can read more about Meerkats 3D on TechRadar

Comments

1. Dertdood Thursday 13th Oct 2011 at 14:36

I was hoping for more than a trailer :/

2. nick_gc Thursday 13th Oct 2011 at 14:36

Disappointing. I'm hoping for a service where I can use my Sky ID to stream/download some films in 3D. Something a little more useful than a documentary.

3. Captain Kuchiki Thursday 13th Oct 2011 at 14:37

I felt the 3D was actually pretty poor. Also, I'd prefer to see full length shows rather than trailers.

4. hamzahdsi Thursday 13th Oct 2011 at 14:58

Rubbish trailer, give us something worth watching Nintendo!

5. Dalekbuster523 Thursday 13th Oct 2011 at 15:23

Why does it have to be a trailer?I hope the full episode is shown on the 3DS in 3D-I love meerkats.They're so cute.

6. Wiimote Thursday 13th Oct 2011 at 15:33

I also love Meerkats but was disapointed when it was just the trailer. I would love the whole show on my 3DS.

7. Castle Crashing Thursday 13th Oct 2011 at 15:36

I figured it was at least a trailer for the show coming to the 3DS.

Really it's a case of 'This is what Nintendo Video could bring to you but won't'

8. retrotoad Thursday 13th Oct 2011 at 15:47

It's a step in the right direction. I'm waiting for Sky Sports 3D videos, personally.

9. Waldy565 Thursday 13th Oct 2011 at 17:02

this was one thing i was REALLY looking foward to. now just need sky sports and shaun the sheep and im sorted :D

10. Argenthor Thursday 13th Oct 2011 at 17:11

Agree. I am hoping for much more from this partnership with sky

11. Komodo_Wolfgang Thursday 13th Oct 2011 at 19:42

Not really a sky video... more Sky advertisements... Why would we want an advertisement for a TV thing, on our handheld consoles?

12. RaidingRaichu Friday 14th Oct 2011 at 05:02

I'm waiting for Nintendo TV, The Kirby Cartoons or the coming Kid Icarus ones to be announced before I even load up the Video App, which is crap...

13. stanleecroup Friday 14th Oct 2011 at 06:58

yahooo! i never thought that sky would deliver content to the 3ds!

i only hope this is just asmall teaser of whats to come. stream/download programmes/films etc to 3ds. i'm wondering if there will be a charge?

also any news on the dreamworks hallo'ween 3d clips?

trust in nintendo

14. gii Friday 14th Oct 2011 at 15:55

is it only for Uk?

15. liveswired Saturday 15th Oct 2011 at 09:09

I thought the 3D was great in the video - it was also good quality too. Still I hope the new system update in November will overhaul that piece of trash that is Nintendo Video.

Only four random videos, updated every few weeks, rubbish Magic Tricks are still being shown all on top of one of the most badly designed and ugly interfaces I have ever seen and has a disgusting icon - what gives?

We need BBC iPlayer, 4OD, ITV player and Youtube 3D support as well in November too Nintendo!