Zelda Wii U: 'Expect many changes' - Aonuma

Would should Zelda Wii U look like?

Eiji Aonuma has said that fans should expect "many changes" from the Zelda Wii U tech demo that was revealed at this year's E3 games show.

Loading video...

Aonuma has previously warned that Zelda Wii U might not look like the E3 demo but this is his strongest hint yet that the first Legend Of Zelda Wii U game could be completely different to what we've seen so far.

"We're definitely excited about the Wii U and its capabilities as a platform," said Aonuma. "Of course I can't really tell you any details about that at this point. However, I should say the demo you saw at E3 is more of a starting point at this time, especially from a graphical standpoint. You should expect many changes... our starting point is the gameplay and how we can make it work. It's possible the game will look very different by the time it comes out."

Aonuma also suggested that Zelda Wii U could feature scrapped Skyward Sword items.

What should Zelda Wii U look like? Let us know by commenting below or in our Wii U forum

Comments

1. TheRexFactor Thursday 10th Nov 2011 at 12:56

After that SpaceWorld video became The Wind Waker, I should think people would almost expect this eventuality

2. MartinIsAwesome Thursday 10th Nov 2011 at 13:06

lol, I was also gonging to say that its Space World all over again.
    Nintendo has surprised us countless times before, so I think that trying to predict them will only raise hopes for something that may not even happen.
    I'm just going to expect something different from anything that has come before. That way if I'm right it'll still be a surprise, and if I'm wrong then it'll use a known art style other than Twilight Princess's, and I like them all so seeing which one will be used will also be a pleasant surprise.

3. shy guy 64 Thursday 10th Nov 2011 at 14:01

it'll be a while till we find out

but im sure it'll be good

4. Medevac Thursday 10th Nov 2011 at 15:48

By 'many changes' I presume he meant 'many downgrades'.

5. Waldy565 Thursday 10th Nov 2011 at 18:40

mmm very interesting - cant wait for new details on this what looks like will be a fantastic console!

6. olrodlegacy Thursday 10th Nov 2011 at 19:32

As much as I love cel-shading, Nintendo have got to go flat out with the HD graphical brawn this time. It's nearly 2012!

7. Xikelle Thursday 10th Nov 2011 at 20:02

I was happy with the Twilight Princess style, but it should probably be good either way. I'd just prefer not cel-shaded.

8. andrea987 Thursday 10th Nov 2011 at 20:15

Yes, 100 times this! Please give us a realistic Zelda, Nintendo. It's time.

9. WenGobou Thursday 10th Nov 2011 at 21:52

Link looks like he's wearing fake tan in the demo.

10. PureAwesomeness Saturday 12th Nov 2011 at 00:01

This time, the art style has to be one that will show off the power of Wii U, to make up for the restricted power of the Wii. Realistic shouldn't be a problem this time, so a new Zelda with Twlight Princess-like graphics would be absolutely fantastic. Cell-shaded on the Wii U just won't do it for me. Don't get me wrong, Wind Waker is one of my all time favourite games and I like the ds Zeldas too, to put it simply, the console has much more potential and. doesn't have to simply fling out the same cartoonish style of an old game from a dated system. I also think that Toon Link should only be kept for handheld consoles to bring out the best in it, because it doesn't have enough power to include high resolution, HD graphics. But Wii U doesn't have to hold back at all. And, who knows? Nintendo might decide to present a brand new art style for Zelda Wii U. I'm just praying it won't be cell-shaded.

11. Epic Zelda fan Thursday 6th Sep 2012 at 21:24

I agree with PureAwesomeness, Zelda wii u NEEDS to have a realistic artstyle, to be completly honest I was devastated when Skyward sword came out :cry: , Cause the only Zelda games i've played are Twilight princess (my favorite game of all time.) and Ocarina of time for the 3DS, now I have played Skyward sword but I don't like it all that much :/ it doesn't have a Zelda feel to it (and it's too high tech, why is there electricity, makes no sense what so ever :shock: )
    So to sum everything up, I want the Zelda wii u game to look just like the tech demo, or at least something close to it :mrgreen: