Video: Super Mario 3D Land launch event features life size level

See what happened at the New York launch

Super Mario 3D Land isn't released in the UK until Friday 18 November but it launched in the US at the weekend and to celebrate the arrival of a new plumber platformer, Nintendo held a very special event in New York's Times Square.

As you can see by watching the videos below, Nintendo transformed Times Square into Mario's World, featuring a real life level based on Super Mario 3D Land.

Loading video...

Fans queued up to run and leap around this life size level, jumping on the colourful platforms and sliding down warp pipes.

Loading video...

As you can see by checking out the photo gallery below, lots of people arrived dressed as Mario.

Would you have liked to have been there? Discuss Super Mario 3D Land below or on our Super Mario 3D Land forum thread.

Comments

1. CJJC Monday 14th Nov 2011 at 11:25

Fun, but I'll take Xenoblade and The Last Story (and by extension Pandora's Tower) over this.

2. Pokemon Luke Monday 14th Nov 2011 at 11:26

OMG!!!

3. Ai64 Monday 14th Nov 2011 at 11:39

Woah! So cool of the speed construction and life size level! =O

4. MartinIsAwesome Monday 14th Nov 2011 at 13:10

Brilliant pictures and videos. I've never been to a Nintendo launch event but they always look like load of fun.

5. DudeElLoco Monday 14th Nov 2011 at 14:40

I would love to run round a real life Mario level & that is as close as I would be able to get without being sucked in through my own screen!

But if that did happen then I would just go a bit Final Fight against any enemies that come my way & just beat the hell out of them with a pipe! :twisted:

6. CyberGW Monday 14th Nov 2011 at 15:52

Should make a Mario Wacky ware house type thing....

7. Dalekbuster523 Monday 14th Nov 2011 at 16:23

Why can't Scarborough get something like this?There's never enough happening in Scarborough.It needs a big life sized real life Super Mario 3D land level.

8. Waldy565 Monday 14th Nov 2011 at 17:06

so wish my back garden was like that!

9. Missile T Dog Monday 14th Nov 2011 at 17:12

That's the reason why we need a nintendo theme park :)

10. Basty K Monday 14th Nov 2011 at 20:48

I love how, when it's done, there is literally a sea of people queuing to go and stomp some goombas. I sooo want one of these in London.