Get Zelda Skyward Sword for free by dressing up as Link

GAME Oxford Street offering free games for Link cosplayers

Iron your green tunic! The Legend Of Zelda: Skyward Sword is released in the UK on Friday and to celebrate the launch GAME is giving away free copies of Legend Of Zelda Skyward Sword to gamers who arrive dressed as Link.

Loading video...

The store opens at 9am on Friday 18 November and you will need to be early to get your free game as only the first 100 customers to arrive dressed as Link will get a free copy of the game.

Zelda fans will also be able to try the game in a purpose-built medieval forest glen at GAME, Oxford Street London on 18 November and GameStation stores at the Prospect Centre, Hull or Glasgow's Sauchiehall Street from Saturday 19 November.

Are you going to go to GAME dressed as Link?

Here's our Legend Of Zelda Skyward Sword review.

Want to chat about Skyward Sword with your friends? Visit the Legend Of Zelda Skyward Sword forum thread.

Comments

1. imbusydoctorwho Wednesday 16th Nov 2011 at 13:21

Why can't this never be near where I live.

2. Dan-the-Wii-man Wednesday 16th Nov 2011 at 13:39

Lectures and i live in Cardiff ¬_¬

3. Zeldakid Wednesday 16th Nov 2011 at 14:19

wish I could but im still paying for mine on Friday :)

4. Religion0 Wednesday 16th Nov 2011 at 15:57

... It'd seriously be more expensive for me to get a "free" copy than to keep my order up from Amazon. First I'd need to catch a plain to England and then I'd need a Link-costume, and (awesome though it might) it's just not something I would want under any other circumstances. Besides, I have school to concentrate on!

So it seems like Game won't have a lot of dissatisfied Links standing around.

5. MartinIsAwesome Wednesday 16th Nov 2011 at 16:31

Gah! Why don't I have a green tunic?!

6. Waldy565 Wednesday 16th Nov 2011 at 17:17

THAT IS SOOOO UNFAIR :( nows the time i wished i was in london, best step off before work, eh ONM?

7. The One Zan Wednesday 16th Nov 2011 at 17:31

Well I was dress as link just last week for doki doki manchester but unfortunately I have already pre-ordered my copy, which is probably cheaper then going to manchester anyway. Although I think I might dress up anyway.

8. Smiles Wednesday 16th Nov 2011 at 17:42

Can't all game stores do this?

9. Xikelle Wednesday 16th Nov 2011 at 17:45

So this is for a specific game shop anyway... Aw there have been several occasions where I've thought I'd like to sit in my room... or in a tree house, wearing a green tunic. Heck I'd want to cosplay as it is.
    Well at least I know I'm getting Skyward sword for my birthday.
    Interestingly enough, I was just told that someone'd ordered something for my birthday, something "different" that is neither game nor book, which makes me wonder if it could be a green tunic...unlikely though.

10. Eilavamp Wednesday 16th Nov 2011 at 19:05

"Forest glen"? No thanks Nintendo, I learned my lesson at Game City in Nottingham last month. Thanks anyway though.

11. Buzzthebatgirl Wednesday 16th Nov 2011 at 19:53

What's with all the moaning? It's a great event, just would have been better if fans were given a week or two notice to arrange transport and the like. I for one will be at the event with a hastily assembled costume just for the craic, is anyone else planning on going or just moaning for the next few hours?

12. zapper01 Thursday 17th Nov 2011 at 22:02

Already got it so no.

13. imbusydoctorwho Friday 18th Nov 2011 at 14:47

Can't all game stores do this?

Because Game would have to dramatically reduce how many copies they give away to the first lot of people dressed as Link.
    For big stores like the London one it would probably be reduced to 50,small stores would be about 10 and outlets would have none or a handfull.