Reggie: I drive like Yoshi in real life

"I have a lead foot! Don't tell Seattle Police"

Nintendo's US boss Reggie Fils-Aime has admitted that he drives like Yoshi in real life. No, that doesn't mean he snakes along Seattle's highways and chucks Yoshi eggs (as seen in Double Dash!!) at other cars on the road. Just that he drives a bit fast. Don't tell Seattle police!

Answering questions posed by Nintendo fans on his Facebook page, Reggie revealed which Mario Kart character is driving style resembles.

"I played the little game on the Mario Kart fan page and it said that I drive most like Bowser," said Reggie. "I think when I answered the question, I said that I like to nudge people off the road."

Who does he think he is? Lewis Hamilton?

Then Reggie revealed who he really drives like. "Personally, I think I drive like Yoshi. Yoshi typically has the fastest kart in the game and I do have a lead foot. Don't tell Seattle Police but I have a lead foot."

Don't worry Reggie, we won't. We also won't tell them that you'd like to use a Bullet Bill in real life to clear traffic either.

Mario Kart 7 is released this Friday. Read our Mario Kart 7 review to find out why you should buy it...

[ Source: Nintendo ]

Comments

1. Smiles Wednesday 30th Nov 2011 at 11:37

I'm. Calling 911

2. Dalekbuster523 Wednesday 30th Nov 2011 at 11:56

When I get a driving license when I'm older,I'm going to drive a car while throwing items at other drivers,just like in Mario Kart.And if I get stopped by police,I'll just say "What?I'm just playing real life Mario Kart!" then use mushrooms to get away quickly.

3. cyanpikmin123 Wednesday 30th Nov 2011 at 12:20

I bet he plucks vegetables like Olimar in real life too!

4. gmundy Wednesday 30th Nov 2011 at 12:21

If you ever see me throwing banana skins at other drivers, don't report me or it'll be a green shell next time!

5. KAMRAN Wednesday 30th Nov 2011 at 17:36

If i could drive like yoshi youll see me on tokio drift wih a golden mushroom, a trophie and a load of cash
    LOL :)

6. englishGAMER Wednesday 30th Nov 2011 at 17:56

So far, everyone who has posted here has made less than 100 posts.

7. BlueSoup8 Wednesday 30th Nov 2011 at 18:08

So far, everyone who has posted here has made less than 100 posts.

Wow, what an extremely relevant and interesting observation. This totally has everything to do with this thread.

....anyway, I found this story quite funny, actually. If a little worrying.

8. zelda97 Wednesday 30th Nov 2011 at 18:46

Hmmm....

9. shadowlugia101 Wednesday 30th Nov 2011 at 19:47

i didn't know reggie used to work at pizza hut :?
    but that just makes him doubly AWESOME!! :D

10. ninjafox Wednesday 30th Nov 2011 at 20:36

Reggie is always great, I have always liked him since his first speech at E3 2004. I found it funny when he said that he had played something and it said that he is most like Bowser. Personally i think i drive most like Mario pretty average i don't go to fast and break the speed limit but don't go to slow either.
    I agree with Reggie that a Bullet Bill would be great if you were stuck in trafic and just wanted to zoom through it and get to the front although the Golden Mushroom would be good fun as well! :)

11. Mart2006 Thursday 1st Dec 2011 at 08:42

Who does he think he is? Lewis Hamilton?

I LOL'D

12. MartinIsAwesome Thursday 1st Dec 2011 at 13:40

Not only does he drive like Yoshi, according to some sources he has a massive tongue.

13. imbusydoctorwho Thursday 1st Dec 2011 at 14:22

I bet he plucks vegetables like Olimar in real life too!

No he buys them from Wallmart.