Nintendo: GBA Ambassador games are coming this year

GBA games coming to 3DS before the end of December

Nintendo has confirmed to ONM that the GBA games in the 3DS Ambassador Program will be released this year.

Loading video...

This confirmation follows rumours that the GBA Ambassador Games have been delayed until 2012.

A Nintendo spokesperson told Official Nintendo Magazine that "The forthcoming 10 GBA Virtual Console titles available for registrants of the Nintendo 3DS Ambassador Programme, will be available before the end of December 2011. We will make further announcements in due course."

Five GBA games in the 3DS Ambassador Program have been confirmed so far with five more yet to be revealed. The list of confirmed titles is as follows:-

Yoshi's Island: Super Mario Advance 3

Mario Kart: Super Circuit

Metroid Fusion

WarioWare, Inc.: Minigame Mania

Mario Vs. Donkey Kong

These games are only available to those who bought 3DS before the 3DS price cut in August.

10 NES games were released as part of the 3DS Ambassador Program on 1 September.

What extra GBA games would you like to be released as part of the Ambassador Program? Let us know by commenting below or in our 3DS forum.

Comments

1. visage Thursday 1st Dec 2011 at 10:31

If the games were released in time with the new 3DS Update, that'd be fantastic, but as long as the Ambassador games are released before it hits Christmas, I'd be happy with that. (I'm just getting impatient on the inside, I want my Warioware!)

2. alondite29 Thursday 1st Dec 2011 at 10:31

pleeeeease mario and luigi, superstar saga :D although a fire emblem gba game like sacred stones would also be awesome :D

3. Switzerninmaster Thursday 1st Dec 2011 at 10:34

Nintendo of Spain did sound kind of weird. Good to know this hasn't been delayed xD

4. mtrd_hntr Thursday 1st Dec 2011 at 10:37

Minish Cap, Advance Wars, Fire Emblem, Superstar Saga and Super Circuit pleeeeeaaaasseeee?

5. danbish Thursday 1st Dec 2011 at 10:47

Looking forward to seeing what they come up with. I think we're getting a fantastic deal with these, especially since the won't be available to anyone else. That said, I'd like to see Advance Wars added to that list but with the quality of what's already announced, I wouldn't mind if it wasn't.

6. tomonm Thursday 1st Dec 2011 at 10:56

I want them on Christmas Day as it would be a great Christmas present! However, that would mean I'd have to write news stories on Christmas day too.

7. visage Thursday 1st Dec 2011 at 11:18

True, but I suppose I'm just thinking of the fact that on Christmas I'll be playing other games and may not have the time for the older GBA re-releases. The only reason I'd prefer it before Christmas is so it would give me something to do in the run up to Christmas day! Not to say I wouldn't play them ever again afterwards, because from the 5 titles announced, I'm already over the moon. I'm just hoping Golden Sun sneaks its way in there too.

8. TomMc92 Thursday 1st Dec 2011 at 11:32

Is Fire emblem Sacred Stones the one with Roy in i can't remember. If it is then im up for it. Id also really like mario tennis on gba the last proper gba game i got from asda for Ł10 and i loved it. Not such a big fan on mario golf but another sports game won't hurt. If a pokemon game was to go up id would have to be emerald pointless having all 3 when emerald was the best of the series.

9. emperor ing Thursday 1st Dec 2011 at 12:00

Is Fire emblem Sacred Stones the one with Roy in i can't remember..

No, Roy is in the first GBA one which was only released in Japan. (The prequel to our first FE or something)

Glad to know that they will arrive before Christmas though.

10. troj27 Thursday 1st Dec 2011 at 12:32

Some decent FPS like ecks vs sever or Doom 2 and also Zelda minish cap would be excellent

11. Komodo_Wolfgang Thursday 1st Dec 2011 at 12:36

Just coz they say they'll be released in December doesnt mean they will be...

Im saying this because, a day before I saw news that the latest update was Delayed till the 8th of December, I saw a T.V ad promoting the video recording and sporting the information at the bottom that the update would be on the 30th of November.

12. ninjafox Thursday 1st Dec 2011 at 12:56

I agree Tom i think the 10 GBA games on Christmas Day would be a fanastic gift from Nintendo. If they were released on Christmas day i think people would understand if you didn't post a story on the day itself as everyone deserves a break, especially when they own the entire internet (little podcast joke there) :)

Whilst i already own on GBA Mario Kart: Super Circuit, Metroid Fusion and Mario Advance 3 it will be nice to play through them again. I never got around to buying the original Wario Ware or Mario vs Donkey Kong when they were released the first time round so i can't wait to play them!

I am also hoping that Wario Land 4 is released as it looks like a fun platformer. The Golden Sun games would be good as they were fantastic handheld RPG's and it would make sense as people who have purchased the more recently released Golden Sun:Dark Dawn on DS would be able to learn how the story all began.

13. imbusydoctorwho Thursday 1st Dec 2011 at 13:10

At least it's coming this year,it would be nice if they revealed another one or two of the unannounced 5.
    I'd like Minish Cap to be in the list.

14. Ai64 Thursday 1st Dec 2011 at 13:19

Almost there for the GBA games. I would also like to see minish cap too. :)

15. zelda97 Thursday 1st Dec 2011 at 13:34

..... :!: ............

16. irishmarcoos Thursday 1st Dec 2011 at 15:40

I will hope for Pokémon Emerald/Ruby/Sapphire or Firered/Leafgreen, and any Megaman Battle Network game, and if the choose to put battle network 1 in, they could replace it with a translated version of Operate Shooting Star with the Star Force Megaman sequence! Although, with capcom ignoring megaman at the moment, i see it as unlikely

17. Keniahten Thursday 1st Dec 2011 at 15:58

At least they're coming this year (before my next bday) that way I can revise my wishlist (dependant on what games we get) =D

18. garsh303 Thursday 1st Dec 2011 at 16:30

I want Super Mario Advance 4 (SMB3) and, even though we got Four Swords anyway, I would like a Zelda game. Along with a RPG other than Pokemon, like Golden Sun.

19. kylewithaface Thursday 1st Dec 2011 at 17:07

POKEMON!!!!!!!!!!!!! I dont care which one just A pokemon game

20. Medea Thursday 1st Dec 2011 at 17:40

Minish Cap, Fire Emblem....

And any Pokemon game *as I've never played one, and want to see what all the fuss is about*

21. shinypalkia16 Thursday 1st Dec 2011 at 17:42

Along with a RPG other than Pokemon, like Golden Sun.

??? What you got against pokemon?? Haters gonna hate I guess... :shock:

22. Silverkin Thursday 1st Dec 2011 at 18:22

wow they weren't joking when they said before the 'End of the year'. i hope we only have to wait till mid-december. :wink:

23. daniel1523 Thursday 1st Dec 2011 at 19:01

Who wants there games on christmas day!

24. AR master Thursday 1st Dec 2011 at 19:19

they should give them to us the time of the update to apologize for the delay,not that i'm complaining.

25. Spyro Cool Thursday 1st Dec 2011 at 19:48

:( Bought a 3DS half a month after it ended at full price... how unfair...

Any news on when the NES and GBA games will be up for us?

26. Angelikrz Thursday 1st Dec 2011 at 20:35

It would be really awesome if Kirby and the Amazing Mirror is one of the GBA games that are going to be downloadable this month :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

27. BlackMageMario Thursday 1st Dec 2011 at 20:40

Yes. YES. YESSSSSSS!

The games all ready announced are great! I can't wait for the next five titles! :mrgreen:

28. LewiiG Thursday 1st Dec 2011 at 21:11

Fire emblem (Not Sacred Stones). Seeing as its damn expenisve online and impossible to find in shops. But I doubt it though. They seem to be giving well known franchises. (Yeah FE is known a bit, and it is amazing, but you know what I mean).

29. colourblindyoshi Thursday 1st Dec 2011 at 21:22

i know this is really, really hopeful, but who wouldn't want to see mother 3 getting its way here at last? not that bothered if it isn't because i will be happy with the games they've allready announced, let alone the other five, which if are good, will really make my day.

not really very bothered. it has metroid fusion in the list. and metroid fusion is the best game for the GBA, and probably for any portable console up to the DS.

30. ARWING64 Thursday 1st Dec 2011 at 21:51

Next week with the update would be fantastic; but a few days before Christmas would be good too

31. KoreeluStromboli Thursday 1st Dec 2011 at 22:06

It would be cool if the Sonic Advance trilogy was released for the 3DS Virtual Console as well as Sonic Battle with online play like Super Street Figher II on Japan's Virtual Console.

32. marc6911 Thursday 1st Dec 2011 at 22:57

the obvious ones id like see are the other mario advances (bros 2, 3 & world) zelda link to the past, donkey kong country 1 and 2, etc

33. Yoshi_8793 Friday 2nd Dec 2011 at 08:14

I want chew chew rockets

34. link13 Friday 2nd Dec 2011 at 09:26

im with visage...ive been waiting 4 these 4 ages ,and i wanna play super circuit b4 mario 7....and bring on warioware! i cant wait to play that game =)

35. Keniahten Friday 2nd Dec 2011 at 16:08

:( Bought a 3DS half a month after it ended at full price... how unfair...

Any news on when the NES and GBA games will be up for us?

Sorry, but I think nintendo said that the GBA games won't become available for people after the price drop unless someone with the GBA games decide to give them to you (from the SD i'm assuming) =(

36. callumov Saturday 3rd Dec 2011 at 14:21

would luurve one to be a pokemon game (preferably emerald or fire red/leafgreen) :D

37. 91nintendo Saturday 3rd Dec 2011 at 14:53

That's a pretty awesome line-up so far, I'm very much looking forward to Metroid Fusion. Also Yoshi's Island is pretty much my favourite game ever so I'm always happy to have an excuse to play it again.

38. trapping Sunday 4th Dec 2011 at 14:26

Minish cap alone would make the original price well worth it. Maybe even a pokemon, even though I'm realy not that fussed on pokemon, they're still quite time-wasting.

Am I going too far asking for A Link To The Past, too? :twisted:

39. thefoombug Sunday 4th Dec 2011 at 19:02

I hope they release advance wars most!
    As long as theyre released before christmas i'll be happy as ill have too many new games then! :lol:

40. koopa_kicker Tuesday 6th Dec 2011 at 21:15

If there is a pokemon game would it allow trading, multiplayer etc, because I heard somewhere that they are making multiplayer usable for the game (don't know if it is true. Hope it is and could be why the games haven't been re-released yet). I still have leafgreen and sapphire and super mario world, which is one of the best 2D games ever. It doesn't matter really what they give us that much because the games are likely to be nintendo and pretty much every game they made was good, but I hope there are LOZ games and superstar saga (played M&L partners in time and bowser's inside story, but never the prequel). Hopefully, unless they delay it, the games will come soon iin december. :D

41. monado1818 Sunday 11th Dec 2011 at 20:25

Lego Star Wars The Complete Saga Would Make A Big Hit!