Mario Kart 7 shortcuts video guide

Beat your friends online by taking these shortcuts

Have you got Mario Kart 7? Are you taking part in our Mario Kart 7 community race? Then you should watch our Mario Kart 7 secret shortcuts video guide.

These ten shortcuts will help you beat your friends in games of Mario Kart 7. We picked the ten best secret Mario Kart 7 shortcuts we've found so far, including shortcuts on Daisy Hills, Shy Guy Bazaar, Wuhu Island Loop, Melody Motorway, Alpine Pass, Piranha Pipeway, Wuhu Mountain Loop, DK Jungle, Rosalina's Ice World and Bowser's Castle.

Loading video...

Have you found any more? Let us know by commenting below or in our Mario Kart 7 cheats, tips and secrets forum thread.

Mario Kart 7 is out today. If you've not bought it yet, read our Mario Kart 7 review to find out why you should.

Comments

1. andrea987 Friday 2nd Dec 2011 at 14:27

I wish I could use this shortcuts, if I manage to actually PLAY a full race, that is. Got the game yesterday (preorder) and started to play online today, but I can only find players from Japan, and the race keep getting disconnected after a minute or so (5 times already). Again poor online from Nintendo? Let's hope they fix it.

2. Shmilly Friday 2nd Dec 2011 at 15:17

1, 6 and 9 aren't really shortcuts, just different parts of the track that a lot of people can and do use, particularly because they featured in the trailers. Nice finds on some of the other ones though, having not attempted time trials yet I didn't know they existed.

3. Shmilly Friday 2nd Dec 2011 at 15:19

I doubt this is a problem Nintendo are responsible for. More than likely the Japanese players intentionally disconnected so that they left the race. This is the only problem I can see for the wi-fi system, but here's hoping people can be a good sport even if it's not going well. Being a sore loser and disconnecting just spoils the fun for the other 7 players.

4. Ruby Soho Friday 2nd Dec 2011 at 15:54

Not gonna watch the video as I like to explore the tracks and find these things for myself. I've played a bit of online today and had no problems so far. People quitting when there losing is so frustrating, I've been playing Goldeneye online a lot recently and whenever I seem to be doing quite well the host quits on me! So annoying.

5. AR master Friday 2nd Dec 2011 at 16:33

they should have made it like mkwii where you lost points for disconnecting.

6. MrChewtoy Friday 2nd Dec 2011 at 17:13

As Shmilly said, not all were actually shortcuts.

And Rosalina's Ice World? What does that have to do with her at all? And if she gets that, where the hell is Lubba's Faceship?!? >_>

7. CyberGW Friday 2nd Dec 2011 at 18:53

I SO almost pulled off Shortcut Number 8 at the GAMEfest! I got on to the ramp but then slid off and didn't get time for another go.
    Really can't wait to do the Wuhu Island courses, I have so many good memories of it from Pilotwings Resort! Yes it only came out in March but I loved playing it in the Easter Holidays so much it was the best 2 weeks of my life (not JUST playing Pilotwings though!)
    Bring on Christmas!

8. mariostache Friday 2nd Dec 2011 at 19:56

im worried that all these shortcuts will overcomplecate the game a little...i hope im wrong :(

9. andrea987 Saturday 3rd Dec 2011 at 00:07

Tried to play some more online, tried like 20-25 games, only managed to finish 1! And most of the times it disconnects even before the beginning of the race! I know it's not my wifi, as it works perfectly with pc and Wii, so... Any ideas? I'm thinking of calling Ninty on this one, don't know.

10. bobbyy29 Saturday 3rd Dec 2011 at 08:06

I have connected on about 30 races and finished the lot (1st, 2nd and 3rd) It could just be people being bad sports or it could be your connection. Even if it works on PC and Wii, the 3DS is twice the data (2 images) and it works at a higher frame rate (60FPS) than MKW. As well as that, it could be a launch day rush. Try contacting Nintendo and seeing what they recommend.

11. bobbyy29 Saturday 3rd Dec 2011 at 08:09

I doubt it. Totally optional and there's been way more in the classic ones (kudos if you know the Super Circuit Rainbow Road one.)

12. bobbyy29 Saturday 3rd Dec 2011 at 08:17

Pro tip: You can use shortcuts on single player too.

13. Yoshiller Sunday 4th Dec 2011 at 11:09

Someone has broken Wuhu Mountain Loop and found an ultra shortcut. This game has been out 2 DAYS and people are already breaking the tracks. Why don't they just race legit? :evil:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gyBVVGfW ... ture=g-all (Wuhu Island Mountain broken)

14. Waldy565 Sunday 4th Dec 2011 at 15:47

the melody racetrack looks like its based on wii music, cool! this looks pretty aamzing, actually. still not sure whether to get it tho...

15. koopa_kicker Thursday 8th Dec 2011 at 19:50

Nintendo need to patch their games and to stop people cheating on wuhu mountain loop. I haven't been able to race online but time trial ghosts people have made use it.

16. GoldenSun Saturday 31st Dec 2011 at 18:28

Have you seen the new 1 in Luigi's Mansion- Look carefully on the bottom map, and you'll see a elevated ramp that leads up to a speed bump (Presumably, for the glider?). It's near the section of the moving trees.