3D Classics: Kid Icarus will be free 3DS download in UK

Register two games on Club Nintendo to get it next year

3D Classics: Kid Icarus will be a free 3DS download for fans who register two selected games on Club Nintendo. By doing this, you'll also be entered into a draw to win one of three Mario 3DS consoles.

3D Classics: Kid Icarus was announced during October's Nintendo 3DS Conference but now it has been confirmed that it will be coming to the UK, too. It is a remastered version of Kid Icarus, the NES platformer that's also available on Virtual Console.

To qualify for your free 3D Classics: Kid Icarus download, you need to have registered two of the following games on Club Nintendo between 1 November and 31 January:-

Resident Evil: Revelations

Mario Kart 7

Super Pokémon Rumble

Super Mario 3D Land

Tetris

Star Fox 64 3D

Resident Evil: The Mercenaries 3D

The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time 3D

Dead Or Alive Dimensions

Steel Diver

Nintendogs + Cats

Pilotwings Resort

Super Street Fighter IV 3D Edition

What's more, European Club Nintendo members who do this will also be able to enter a draw to win one of only 3,000 limited edition Mario-themed Nintendo 3DS systems. You are allowed to enter up to five times (registering a total of ten games) and there are 1,000 Mario, 1,000 Princess Peach and 1,000 Toad systems to be won across Europe.

Quite a good bonus to kick off the new year, don't you think? Also, 3DS owners will have the chance to play the original Kid Icarus before Kid Icarus: Uprising is released.

[ Source: Nintendo ]

Comments

1. Huang Lee Monday 5th Dec 2011 at 10:08

Hey everyone, if we have registered the games before November like in March or something, do we still get the extra votes like? I really hope so...I have 8 of the games here on this list :D

2. 08boatfg Monday 5th Dec 2011 at 10:28

Saw this on Nintendo's website at the weekend - I thought it sounded like a good offer! I WANT THAT TOAD 3DS!!! XD

3. eternalmidnight Monday 5th Dec 2011 at 10:30

No you don't, it says in the article that you have to have registered them after 1st November, yeah it's annoyed me a little as well but I'm getting Mario Kart and 3dLand so I'll be fine anyway :)

4. tajd Monday 5th Dec 2011 at 10:37

i did this over the weekened i am from ireland and did work for me so HELP ??????

my free kid icarus is in another castle ??????????

5. monthehoops64 Monday 5th Dec 2011 at 11:09

so early adopters get shafted thanks ninty

6. ChrisONM Monday 5th Dec 2011 at 11:13

so early adopters get shafted thanks ninty

No they don't. Early adopters can still register (at the very least) Super Mario 3D Land, Mario Kart 7, Resident Evil Revelations and Super Pokemon Rumble, because they all came out after 1 November.

7. monthehoops64 Monday 5th Dec 2011 at 11:16

but i only got mario i dont like mario kart and when is revelations out

8. shy guy 64 Monday 5th Dec 2011 at 11:18

wouldn't mind having a mario style 3DS

trouble is i wouldnt know what to do with the spier

9. monthehoops64 Monday 5th Dec 2011 at 11:21

rumble is rubbish
    resi is out 4 days before cut off
    and i dont like mario kart so it is not very good if i have already registered loads of the other games already

10. tomonm Monday 5th Dec 2011 at 11:21

but i only got mario i dont like mario kart and when is revelations out

Revelations is out on 27 January.

11. ChrisONM Monday 5th Dec 2011 at 11:42

rumble is rubbish
    resi is out 4 days before cut off

But if you're an "early adopter" then you'll get Resi on launch day anyway :wink:

12. chojin Monday 5th Dec 2011 at 11:52

Well I have registard MK7 and SM3DL and I got no pop up to confirm my email likes it says in the 2nd rule on here

http://microsite.nintendo-europe.com/ga ... cale=en_GB

2.When two eligible games have been registered, a message will appear in your Club Nintendo account. You will be asked to confirm an email address to which we will send the Download Code for the title.

I'll just have to wait till next year to see if I get a code

13. goldbricks Monday 5th Dec 2011 at 12:21

To some people worrying that they haven't received a link to register your e-mail it may take a while to come through. Mine took nearly a day to come through to claim my free download code of Kid Icarus then another couple of hours before a link came through to enter the draw for the Mario 3DS's. So don't panic. If nothing appears in the next few days e-mail Nintendo. I'm sure they will be happy to help.

Also I've been told I entered twice yet I only registered two games in the past month, not the four that is required to enter twice. I think theres a chance games registered before the 1st November may count if you check.

14. MartinIsAwesome Monday 5th Dec 2011 at 12:42

I also saw this over the weekend. The 3D Classics: kid Icarus actually looks like its been given a bit of a makeover with some lush backgrounds instead of just blackness.

my free kid icarus is in another castle ??????????

That's just because it hasn't been released yet. From what I read if you register two of the games in that list between 1st November and 23:59 on 31st January a messsage will appear on your Club Nintendo account page. After confirming your e-mail address you should be sent a Download Code which will let you download the game for free when it comes out on the 5th January.

15. monthehoops64 Monday 5th Dec 2011 at 13:15

i will see what my budget is like after 7 birthdays and christmas in between now and resi lol

16. imbusydoctorwho Monday 5th Dec 2011 at 13:43

Would love one of those Mario 3DS,they look real cool.

17. MrChewtoy Monday 5th Dec 2011 at 14:11

rumble is rubbish
    resi is out 4 days before cut off

Bloody hell shut up complaining. Nintendo do something out of their way to be nice, even offering some lovely prizes up for grabs, and you feel the need to complain. Fair enough you may have bought some of the games already, but most of the ones on the list come out between those two dates, and if you don't like the games then that's your problem!

18. lrwr14 Monday 5th Dec 2011 at 14:27

I find it a bit weird that in order to win a 3DS you need to register 2 3DS games. If I'm registering a 3DS game then that means I already have one. Oh well, could sell it or give it to someone.

19. Dertdood Monday 5th Dec 2011 at 15:26

I registered MK7 yesterday and I'm getting SM3DL for christmas hopefully

20. L_A Monday 5th Dec 2011 at 15:56

I can confirm that, though it only said that I entered once when I chose the 3DS I wanted to win last Friday. Maybe they changed the rules to include people who had registered games before the 1st of November? Anyway, I got no idea whether it's mistake or not, but at least, I DID register two games in the past month, so I'm sure to enter once.

And kudos to Nintendo for this nice competition. I was afraid we might not get the same treatment as Japan, but looks like Nintendo of Europe hasn't forgotten about us. I'm starting to love NoE more and more :P

21. Cazy008 Monday 5th Dec 2011 at 15:59

Registered MK7 and SM3DL..Guess they'll give the codes out nearer the time.

22. Dalekbuster523 Monday 5th Dec 2011 at 16:01

As long as my parents make sure they get me Mario Kart 7 and Super Mario 3D land for birthday/xmas,then I can't wait till get another 3D classics game for free.Wonder if it'll be better than Excitebike or not?

23. CyberGW Monday 5th Dec 2011 at 16:03

Getting Super Mario 3D Land for my birthday and Mario Kart 7 for Christmas so I'll be there by the end of the month/year!
    Really want to play this before Uprising, doesn't matter how hard it is I'm gonna strive to complete it! Launch download here I come! :D

24. mikelink2518 Monday 5th Dec 2011 at 17:02

noooooooooooooo you have to be 18 and over to be entered into the mario 3ds contests :(

25. GloverMist Monday 5th Dec 2011 at 17:02

I'll hopefully be getting Super Mario 3D Land and Mario Kart 7 for Christmas so I'm in!

26. IG-42 Monday 5th Dec 2011 at 17:09

these codes are b**tches to uncover!!!

27. linkman1234 Monday 5th Dec 2011 at 17:27

getting 3d land and oot and 3ds for bday so will snap this up!

28. Mmmyeah Monday 5th Dec 2011 at 18:18

so for registring 3ds games you can win a 3ds? surely if you are registring the games then you already have a 3ds? free kid icarus sounds good.

29. Yoshivore Monday 5th Dec 2011 at 18:48

these codes are b**tches to uncover!!!

Tell me about it, recently started registering my Wii games and must have wasted about 1000 stars through tearing the codes. :cry:

30. Shmilly Monday 5th Dec 2011 at 19:12

This is an awesome treat. Having not made a Club Nintendo account before this news, I was able to register tons of previous games (including my DS, 3DS and Wii consoles for huge points). Now I can almost get the SMG soundtrack! Looking forward to Kid Icarus in 3D as I never played the original. I also can't wait to get my hands on that dungarees-clad 3DS - hint, hint, Nintendo.

31. C00LI098 Monday 5th Dec 2011 at 19:17

Excellent, I've already got five registered.

32. Kirby8 Monday 5th Dec 2011 at 19:27

so early adopters get shafted thanks ninty

Still a bit unfair though. And quite annoying. I'm not sure if I registered all of my 3DS games that I have purchased, so I may get a few extra...if I already have, then I lose out on 4 games I own on that list and have already registered. =/

Edit: Just checked my account. The three games I owned before 1st November I never got round to registering. So I only miss out on Ocarina of Time 3D (which I registered ASAP to get the CD). YAY!

33. kaitojamespartri Monday 5th Dec 2011 at 20:37

Wewp wewp chicken soup :D :D

34. ChrisONM Monday 5th Dec 2011 at 21:08

these codes are b**tches to uncover!!!

Use a coin :D

35. Basty K Monday 5th Dec 2011 at 22:42

these codes are b**tches to uncover!!!

Use a 3DS pen, maybe? Or, use your imagination and use a unicorn horn. Anything works, really.

36. KAMRAN Tuesday 6th Dec 2011 at 15:36

I will be soo happy if i got a mario edition 3ds (even though i already have one) :D

37. garsh303 Tuesday 6th Dec 2011 at 21:03

Hate the fact that you have to register them after November 1st because I registered SSFIV in May, and I'm only getting Super Mario 3D Land for Christmas. Nintendo didn't think that people would register their games before Nov 1st.

38. SunnyIsland Wednesday 7th Dec 2011 at 17:17

I have Street Fighter and Ocarina of Time but I've already registered back back in June. Somewhat gutted :|

39. redchicken Thursday 8th Dec 2011 at 19:08

I've registered two of the games but can't register my 3ds because I lost the club nintendo card - will I still be able to get Icarus for free?

40. lunakitty Monday 12th Dec 2011 at 23:28

Good thing I'm getting 3D Land for Christmas, will just have to buy Mario Kart 7 and I'm set :D

41. poke50uk Tuesday 3rd Jan 2012 at 11:32

Part of UK lottery law, you cannot expect a entrants to purchase in order to compete for a prize. I've already emailed asking how to at least enter the prize draw.. still yet to get a reply. May even call up later, I really want to win one of those 3DS's :s

42. noobgamer9 Tuesday 3rd Jan 2012 at 12:43

do you really have to be 18 to enter

43. rag33 Tuesday 3rd Jan 2012 at 15:13

I registered Mario Kart and 3D Land but there's no message on my Club Nintendo account.Has anyone else had this problem?

44. BreezySkells Tuesday 3rd Jan 2012 at 16:08

did you log out and then log back in again?

45. jgower Tuesday 3rd Jan 2012 at 18:29

I'm not 18, so can't get a Mario 3DS. FML :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

46. noobgamer9 Tuesday 3rd Jan 2012 at 18:44

Meant do you have to be 18 to enter 3ds competition. Already getting Kid icarus :) but not 3ds :x

47. hannybananny0 Thursday 5th Jan 2012 at 16:42

Woo, I just got emailed my code and I'm dowloading now! :D

48. adam8949 Monday 9th Jan 2012 at 19:24

I don't think its very fair that we can't download the game and be entered into the competition just because we decided to register our games them as soon as we got them. Theres only revelations that I'll be getting this month as I've already played 3D land on a friends game and I'm not interested in mario kart.

49. ThePokekid78 Wednesday 11th Jan 2012 at 20:17

#
    Agreed! It's a bit of a scam by Nintendo to get you to buy more 3DS games after Christmas imo.