Pullblox coming to 3DS eShop this week

This week's Nintendo downloads revealed

Pullblox, the new 3DS puzzle game from the creators of Paper Mario, will be released through the Nintendo 3DS eShop this Thursday where it will be joined by Game Boy Color shooter Blaster Master Enemy Below plus DSiWare games Bloons TD3, Crazy Hamsters and Christmas Wonderland. This week's WiiWare release is Paper Wars: Cannon Fodder.

Pullblox (3DS, Nintendo: £5.40) is a puzzler from Intelligent Systems, the developer behind the Paper Mario, Advance Wars and Fire Emblem games. Described as part-puzzle, part-platform game, you have to free children in Pullblox Park who have been trapped inside giant block puzzles called pullblox.

Loading video...

Playing as tiny hero Mallo, you have to

climb these structures before pushing and pulling blocks in order to create steps that will lead you to the children.

There are more than 200 pullblox puzzles and you can also create your own in Pullblox Studio before exchanging them with friends via QR Codes. However, the most exciting thing about Pullblox for Nintendo fans will be the retro Mario and Zelda-themed puzzles.

Blaster Master: Enemy Below (3DS: Nintendo, £4.50) is only the second Game Boy Color title to be released in the eShop after Legend Of Zelda: Link's Awakening. In this Game Boy Color sequel to the NES run and gun original, you play as Jason who must save the world with the help of his all-terrain tank Sophia the 3rd.

Mixing action and exploration, you shoot through enemy-infested environments in your tank before jumping out to continue the fight on foot across eight sprawling catacombs Beating bosses will earn you upgrades for Sophia the 3rd.

Bloons TD 3 (3DS, DSi: Digital Goldfish, £4.50 or 500 Points) is a tower defense game in which you are tasked with popping Bloons with dart monkeys before they escape.

There are 50 levels to complete.

Christmas Wonderland (3DS, DSi: Microvalue, £7.20 or 800 Points) is another seasonal hidden object game from the makers of Halloween Trick Or Treat. Unlike the Halloween game, at least they've told us that it's a hidden object game this time. That means you know what you're in for before you decide to spend £7.20 on searching for items in Wonderland and tapping them with your stylus. There are also some inter-level mini-games to complete.

Crazy Hamster (3DS, DSi: Gamelion Studios, £1.80 or 200 Points) is a platformer starring a hamster who has to collect his supplies before winter. Using the stylus, you have to prevent him from running into traps and obstacles.

Paper Wars Cannon Fodder (Wii: iFun4all, 500 Points) is another tower defence game, this time featuring hordes of cold-blooded enemies, all trying to survive the Armageddon. You can also play with up to four players in co-op mode and collect power-ups in Classic, Winter Assault and Cyber Wars campaigns.

Will you download any of these games?

Comments

1. Mart2006 Tuesday 6th Dec 2011 at 13:17

I'll definitely be downloading Pullblox as soon as I've finished FreakyForms, although I thought it's called Pushmo in the UK?

2. BreezySkells Tuesday 6th Dec 2011 at 13:20

still waiting news about GBA ambassador games!

3. tomonm Tuesday 6th Dec 2011 at 13:23

I think it's called Pushmo in the US

4. Shmilly Tuesday 6th Dec 2011 at 13:57

I liked the look of Pullblox since I first heard about it on the Japanese side, it looks like a fun little game. I can't say this Christmas season has been kind on my wallet, but I certainly intend to pick this one up some time after the new year.

5. Mart2006 Tuesday 6th Dec 2011 at 14:03

Yep, my bad. Pushmo is its American title.

6. shy guy 64 Tuesday 6th Dec 2011 at 14:05

i think ill wait till i see a review before i get pullbox

7. killer1 Tuesday 6th Dec 2011 at 15:46

ill get pullblox on thurs and mabey just mabey bloons later on

8. CyberGW Tuesday 6th Dec 2011 at 15:48

I'm going to get Pullblox when I get my 25 e-Shop card for Christmas! Looks great fun! :D

9. L_A Tuesday 6th Dec 2011 at 16:47

I'll be downloading Pullblox, it really looks like a fun and original game... though I'm not that interested in the retro-styled levels (if it's like the 'Zelda' level in SM3L... :P).

Nice to finally have some decent releases in a frequent fashion (= not having to wait months between great releases) on the e-shop.

10. Aaken Tuesday 6th Dec 2011 at 17:01

Probably will get bloons when I next get a 15 e-shop card.

11. Waldy565 Tuesday 6th Dec 2011 at 17:35

15pound on 3ds to get links awakaning, mario land 2 and pullblox :( and i wanted a GC game :P

12. bigterence Tuesday 6th Dec 2011 at 19:21

Definitely Pullblox for me,and anything else that Intelligent Systems come up with.

13. Porgey_XD Thursday 8th Dec 2011 at 16:32

Bought it about 2 minutes ago, but I want to see what this new Sleep Mode Download does :D

Edit:

Its awesome! the undo button is the best undo button in any game or program ever.