GBA 3DS Ambassador games revealed, released on Friday

10 GBA games available to download for 3DS owners this week

Nintendo has revealed the full list of GBA games that will be released as part of the 3DS Ambassador program this Friday. While Nintendo hasn't released an official statement, ONM readers have been receiving SpotPass notifications this morning informing them that the games are arriving this Friday.

Loading video...

The full list of games is as follows:

F-Zero: Maximum Velocity

Super Mario Advance 3

Legend Of Zelda: The Minish Cap

Fire Emblem: The Sacred Stones

Kirby & the Amazing Mirror

Mario Kart: Super Circuit

Mario Vs Donkey Kong

Metroid Fusion

Wario Land 4

WarioWare, inc

These games are free to download to anyone who bought a 3DS before the 3DS price cut.

Earlier this year, Nintendo released 10 NES games as part of the 3DS Ambassador Program.

What do you think of the complete line-up? Let us know by commenting below or in our 3DS forum.

[ Source: Andriasang ]

Comments

1. Darren199314 Wednesday 14th Dec 2011 at 10:10

Wow.. all great games! Lots of Mario Kart goodness with Mario Kart 7 and now this :)

2. MD1500 Wednesday 14th Dec 2011 at 10:12

Just received the SpotPass message.

3. Super Andre Wednesday 14th Dec 2011 at 10:16

Hallalujah, praise the lord.

4. ledreppe Wednesday 14th Dec 2011 at 10:18

There's a few games I'm interested in, unlike the 10 NES games which I played none !

5. shy guy 64 Wednesday 14th Dec 2011 at 10:35

to bad bad i've allready got most of them

but i'll be getting mario kart and wario ware

and i may give fire emblem and F-zero a look

6. alvstar1984 Wednesday 14th Dec 2011 at 10:38

Those annoying twitter style tweets ruined this video damn it!

7. bennyt Wednesday 14th Dec 2011 at 10:42

Impressive list

Just wondering but as an 3ds owner after the price cut, will these games be available to us as well on the eshop, not free obviously? Thanks

Slightly jealous :)

8. alec76 Wednesday 14th Dec 2011 at 10:42

Could it be that Mario Kart Advance could shoot up the rankings because of easier multiplayer?

9. Laughlyn Wednesday 14th Dec 2011 at 10:43

Fantastic selection of games. I have several of them on GBA already on my PSPgo on an emulator since most my GBA stuff is in attic but havin f-zero, wario land and metroid which i never got chance to play as well a s a few of the others will be great, the 3DS screen is really bright and the PSP cant quite keep up with the likes of Mario Mario Kart. I just hope they update them to enable online multiplayer on Super Circuit, altho i'm expecting those who have played MK7 will get a suprise as Super Circuit is really tough

10. lminett Wednesday 14th Dec 2011 at 10:48

Good mix of games cant complain really

11. keero16 Wednesday 14th Dec 2011 at 10:49

I have to say I'm a little disappointed that Golden Sun didn't make the cut. (I mean, two Wario games?) I feel as though that series is always on the back burner....

But Fire Emblem: SS and Minish Cap were nice surprises. Can't wait to play those! Despite having beaten them probably 5 times each.

12. remagpie93 Wednesday 14th Dec 2011 at 10:55

:mrgreen: Despite having a vast catalogue of GBA games I managed to miss all but Minish Cap of these which is obviously brilliant now! (I got Zero Mission rather than Fusion, SMA1&2 as opposed to 3 and so on). I think its a great line-up and perfectly timed for some festive gaming.

The big question is though: Will Nintendo release updated versions of MK and FZero at a later point WITH multiplayer to the public at a price? It would be awesome to be able to play these as meant to be but I suppose MK7 has some of those tracks anyway and with it being bought for Xmas I cant complain :lol:

RE: 2 Wario games: thats like saying Mario Kart and Yoshi's Island are similar.... completely different types of games you'll see. And with Golden Sun technically being a Camelot IP it makes more sense for Ninty to push the core titles that they are pushing at the minute which is why both Fire Emblem and Minish Cap are on there instead

13. moccles Wednesday 14th Dec 2011 at 11:09

It is all about Fire Emblem. Great list!

14. Oxo64 Wednesday 14th Dec 2011 at 11:26

Wow, awsome line-up! I'll probably end up downloading all of them.

15. pokemaniac 212 Wednesday 14th Dec 2011 at 11:29

F-zero and Fire Emblem are possibly my 2 favourite series ever, so to see both of them on the list is a dream come true. Hopefully this will create enough interest in them over here to persuade nintendo to release fire emblem games over here more often, and to make a new f-zero game. To have not had a new f-zero game since GP Legend in 2004 is obscene.

16. G_R7 Wednesday 14th Dec 2011 at 11:38

I've been wanting to dig out my old copy of the Minish Cap for a while now but held off in case it was coming to this. Now I'm happy!

17. TheRexFactor Wednesday 14th Dec 2011 at 11:50

I can't describe how happy I am to see The Minish Cap there. Adore that game. I lost my original copy years ago, much to my devastation. I'm really looking forward to getting to play it again

18. SteveSalmon999 Wednesday 14th Dec 2011 at 12:06

mario advance 3 was SMB3 wasn't it
    im sure i read an ONM article saying that yoshis island was being released to ambassadors???

19. Captain Kuchiki Wednesday 14th Dec 2011 at 12:14

No Pokémon game? Well...at least there's Minish Cap...

20. shadow663 Wednesday 14th Dec 2011 at 12:16

What a great lineup! All those for free, thank you Nintendo

21. luigidolphin Wednesday 14th Dec 2011 at 12:21

I'm looking forward to Mario vs Donkey Kong, the DSi Ware being the first version I played and loved it.
    Already have Mario Kart Super Curcuit (and like someone else said it was hard) but I never got very far.
    Also keen on trying Wario Land, Kirby and F-Zero. Roll on Friday!

22. Hylian_Grouch Wednesday 14th Dec 2011 at 12:22

awesome list. i can see minish cap being replayed and a lot of time going to metroid and f - zero... i wont even have time for xmas games!

23. mtrd_hntr Wednesday 14th Dec 2011 at 12:30

Great lineup.

24. MartinIsAwesome Wednesday 14th Dec 2011 at 12:32

Despite owning three of those games already, I'm really happy with the full list. Would have prefered Golden Sun to Fire Emblem, but I'm not complaining since I get to play Wario Land 4, Super Mario Advance 3 and Kirby and the Amazing Mirror for FREE!! Hot-diggity!
    By the way I can confirm that Metroid Fusion and Minish Cap are truely awesome games. Great news for those who never got the play the the first time!

mario advance 3 was SMB3 wasn't it

Super Mario Advance 3 was Yoshi's Island. SMB3 was Super Mario Advance 4.

25. concernedcamel Wednesday 14th Dec 2011 at 12:44

Minish cap? Yes Nintendo! you beautiful b**tard!!

26. Komodo_Wolfgang Wednesday 14th Dec 2011 at 12:58

No Pokémon game? Well...at least there's Minish Cap...

Im guessing it was the fact they couldnt get around trading, as it was a main part of the game.
    Or maybe its a clue to the new pokemon game... ;)

I ye;lled "YES" when I saw minish cap on the list. Too bad theres no Yoshis Island =( Might give fire emblem and fzero a go though...

27. Ai64 Wednesday 14th Dec 2011 at 13:19

At last and just before the end of the year! :D
    Good line up too.

28. andrea987 Wednesday 14th Dec 2011 at 13:24

I'll be getting all of them, unlike the first 10, of which I only downloaded 2. Well done Ninty!

29. pokemaster Wednesday 14th Dec 2011 at 13:32

Amazing news, and an even more amazing list!!
    Looks like Christmas will be starting early.

30. imbusydoctorwho Wednesday 14th Dec 2011 at 13:43

Fantastic list,I am very happy with it.
    I haven't played none of those games so yes I can't wait till Friday,all ways wanted to play Minish Cap,and a Fire Emblem and F Zero game.
    Thanks Nintendo.

31. IPecksU Wednesday 14th Dec 2011 at 13:53

I've only got one of those! Hallelujah! Must say I was hoping to replay one of the GBA pokemon RPGs but I'm still happy with this!

32. ninjafox Wednesday 14th Dec 2011 at 13:54

Really pleased with this list :D I was worried i would have most of the GBA games that were been released as part of the Ambassador programme but i only have 4 of them. The one i am most looking forward to is Wario Land 4 as i really wanted to get it the first time it was released but never got around to getting it. From the other titles that i have not played Kirby & The Amazing Mirror looks like it will be good fun. Roll on Firday! :D

33. okami112 Wednesday 14th Dec 2011 at 13:58

now I don't need the emulator any more :)

34. superdudemiles Wednesday 14th Dec 2011 at 14:27

HELL YES !!! METROID FUSION!, MINISH CAP!!, F-ZERO!!!
    This is most likely the best present i will get this year lol

35. Dan-the-Wii-man Wednesday 14th Dec 2011 at 15:02

MINISH CAP FTW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

36. RaidingRaichu Wednesday 14th Dec 2011 at 15:02

F-Zero is on the list!!!! Word's cannot explain my happiness, also Mario Kart, Zelda, Mario VS DK and Metroid Fusion will make this one of my favourite Christmas presents! This certainly makes up for the price drop!

37. DeadlyCreature Wednesday 14th Dec 2011 at 15:11

Awesome line up. Love that Fire Emblem is in there, I hope a bunch of new people get to experience its brilliance then go out and buy the 3DS game when its released, so then we should get more FE goodness in the future! lol

38. Dertdood Wednesday 14th Dec 2011 at 15:24

Legend Of Zelda: The Minish Cap
    Fire Emblem: The Sacred Stones

This is great! I've been wanting to play both of these games

39. kirby711 Wednesday 14th Dec 2011 at 15:32

That's a great line up. I will look forward to playing Kirby!

40. Beyond Birthday Wednesday 14th Dec 2011 at 15:40

Minish Cap, Wario Land 4...HELL. VERY. YES.

41. allanironmaiden Wednesday 14th Dec 2011 at 15:41

amazing doesnt even sum it up. i'll be downloading all of them for sure! with mario kart 7 in my christmas stocking i'll love playing MK here. also minish cap (along with the oracle games) are the only zeldas i have never played or owned, so after just completing skyward sword this is amazing news too! same with yoshis island.....i'd be 100 years old waiting for the game on wii VC!!

42. SuperJonnyMario Wednesday 14th Dec 2011 at 15:42

Planing on downloading them all and playing a bit of them all! Just like what I did with the NES games. :D

43. luigidolphin Wednesday 14th Dec 2011 at 15:49

Super Mario Advance 3 is Yoshi's Island so you can be extra pleased!

44. CyberGW Wednesday 14th Dec 2011 at 15:51

Minish Cap, F-Zero, Mario Advacnce 3 and Kirby! Oh yes!
    This is going to be an amazing weekend, really can't wait to play Minish Cap for the first time as well as another great Mario game! And Kirby will certainly provide some fun and laughs! :D
    Thanks so much Nintendo!

45. BreezySkells Wednesday 14th Dec 2011 at 15:53

I very happy with the list.

46. TenTen Wednesday 14th Dec 2011 at 15:56

Yes! Super Mario advanced 3! Minish Cap is also good, can't wait for friday!

47. MrKoopaTroopa Wednesday 14th Dec 2011 at 16:00

I'm a bit disappointed that Mario and Luigi: Superstar Saga

48. firemblem64 Wednesday 14th Dec 2011 at 16:17

Great to see a fire emblem game, especially The Sacred stones. An amazing game that hopefully will reach a greater audience now.

49. colourblindyoshi Wednesday 14th Dec 2011 at 16:29

Impressive list

Slightly jealous :)

sorry my friend, i'm afraid nintendo has no plans to put these games on eshop. cruel, but these games are for me and the early adopters. you can have hope, but don't hold your breath.

but dear god, what a list! trolls will complain about pokemon or something like that, but seriously everyone else is left with a thought of "seriously? how good does it get?" fact is, this is about as good as it got on the gba (heck, metroid fusion is as good as it ever got anywhere), and many people will have never played games like fire emblem before, including me. also, last day of school! i know they weren't thinking that, but man, that is a reward. i was hoping for this, but i was fine with what i had. nintendo, i will never doubt you again. thank you.

so, who's cheaper now apple? hmm?

50. colourblindyoshi Wednesday 14th Dec 2011 at 16:35

oh, just to state again, nintendo, everyone loves you now. read the posts above and you'll see a lot of exclamations of happiness. merry christmas everyone! but what do i play now, with like 13 or so games this christmas? i'll find time.

merry christmas to everyone here, to early ambassadors, we get early christmas present from our favourite people. to be honest, i didn't want this, but now i'm getting it i am jumping in excitement. like all good christmas presents.

bring on the 16th. or as it will now be known, gba day.

51. Samster296 Wednesday 14th Dec 2011 at 16:37

I love the line up. Just a shame that I didn't own a 3DS before the ambassador programme. And, where is Mario and Luigi: Superstar saga. That was my number one favourite GBA game.

52. NintendOMG Wednesday 14th Dec 2011 at 16:39

Wow, this is pretty good. When I got my GBA, I thought every game was amazing, as it was my first console and I was so naive. That's why I was content playing Crash Bandicoot XS, Finding Nemo, The Incredibles, Castleween and Pokemon Ruby. I never got anything better than or even remotely in a similar league to these games, so now that I have the chance to play some of these great games for free, I'm extremely excited. :D

53. skyluigi Wednesday 14th Dec 2011 at 16:43

Can't wait to play Super Circuit again!
    A few people expected a Pokemon game, and there isn't one. Can't say I'm shocked to be honest, even if it is one of Nintendo's main series.
    I'm surprised that Mario and Luigi: Superstar Saga isn't there.
    But what the hey. Early Christmas presents, especially 10 free GBA games are fine with me!

54. LewiiG Wednesday 14th Dec 2011 at 16:45

This is a near perfect list!!! The only thing I would change is FE:SS to the normal Fire Emblem. Because I have and completed Sacred Stones. The thing is I have played nearly all of these games, yet I have lost them along the way of my life. So it will be good to play Super circuit and MvD again! Kirby, F zero and Fusion I have never played. They should be good :)

55. Silverkin Wednesday 14th Dec 2011 at 17:06

MINISH CAP!!!!!!! *faints*

56. Da_Epic_Fail Wednesday 14th Dec 2011 at 17:07

I'm actually sort of disappointed about the lack of Mario and Luigi here, also Golden Sun and a Pokémon game would have been nice too, despite that, this is still quite a cool list. Nice to see F-Zero finally getting some much deserved love.

Also, no Mother 3, but i'm not surprised at that...

57. Silverkin Wednesday 14th Dec 2011 at 17:08

I would have liked a Pokemon game too to be honest. Pokémon emerald was the first pokemon game i had.

58. Silverkin Wednesday 14th Dec 2011 at 17:17

Will the games have wifi or connection ablilties??? (sounds stupid)

59. mr gnome Wednesday 14th Dec 2011 at 17:47

YES minish cap is on there :D

60. Samster64 Wednesday 14th Dec 2011 at 18:00

FINALLY! i get to play metroid fusion! i mean, i've already played it but that was at my cousin's house so he wouldn't let me go on it for more than five minutes before saying GIVE IT BACK!!! also i FINALLY get to play mario kart super circuit from the start because the one i've got is second hand and the previous owner already completed it 100%. i'm also LOVING the inclusion of wario land 4!

61. Cyberguy Wednesday 14th Dec 2011 at 18:03

Awesome list. Finally, we get the GBA games.

62. GamerOutlaw Wednesday 14th Dec 2011 at 18:11

OMG free minish cap. Thank you Nintendo! :mrgreen:

Also I never actually played a lot of those games, so that'll definitely be something to look forward to.

63. master sword Wednesday 14th Dec 2011 at 18:24

fantastic list, just an absoutly fantastic list
    mario
    zelda
    f-zero
    wario
    fire emblem
    metroid
    there is NOTHING bad in the list whatsoever, who ever says nintendo don't care about there fans need to have their brain checked

64. Hervine Wednesday 14th Dec 2011 at 18:28

Awesome :D not a bad game in sight, finally get to finish Minish Cap also (Damn you bugged cartridge!)

65. Buffalo_K Wednesday 14th Dec 2011 at 18:29

Aww, no Pokémon, Or Mario and Luigi.

I'm sorry but WHYYYYYYYYY!!!!

The line up could have been better, but Metroid alone would be acceptable.

66. OracleOfPokemon Wednesday 14th Dec 2011 at 19:03

I don't get you people. WHY THE HELL DON'T YOU DOWNLOAD ALL OF THEM?????????
    They're free. They take a few seconds to download. They take up about 40 blocks each.
    WHAT IS YOUR PROBLEM?!
    Ok, they are pretty rubbish. But it's no excuse for not downloading them!

So happy Minish Cap is up there! Now I just need Oracle of Ages, Oracle of Seasons and Four Swords Adventures to finally have every single Zelda Game! (Including Tingle's Freshly-Picked Rosy Rupeeland and Link's Crossbow Training!) (NOT THE CD-i GAMES. *Shivers*)

67. tomutwit Wednesday 14th Dec 2011 at 19:25

I seem to remember them being a lot better.
    HHHMMMMMMM....
    The only one on there that's any good is MVSDK. Minish Cap is epic but I already have and played through it on DS.

68. Nickario Wednesday 14th Dec 2011 at 19:48

:D what an awesome birthday present! Thanks Nintendo!

Shame I'm going to be away...AGAIN D: I was away a week when the first ambassador games came out IT HAPPENED AGAIN! WHYYY?! T_T I hope I find a net connection in Holland D:

69. Argenthor Wednesday 14th Dec 2011 at 20:52

Ruby was an awesome game :P

But these are fantastic. Really good choices by Nintendo and im sure that when they are eventually released on the e-shop there will be all the other greats!

70. SunnyIsland Wednesday 14th Dec 2011 at 21:05

I'm happy that Minish Cap was on the list, that was one of my most favourite GBA game! :D

As for the pokemon game, I understand why they wouldn't have one. Which to choose out of firered, leafgreen, ruby, sapphire and emerald? No matter which you give, someone will ALWAYS complain about not getting a different version. Also, no trading so how can you get pokemon from other regions or transfer to DS versions?

71. tobes325 Wednesday 14th Dec 2011 at 22:16

Actually so excited to play minish cap!! One of the only zelda's I haven't played so I'm very pleased its coming for free!! I'm pretty pleased with them all though tbh, I love metroid fusion too :D

72. alondite29 Wednesday 14th Dec 2011 at 22:37

very pleased with those, especially fire emblem :D :D

73. nintyspong3826 Wednesday 14th Dec 2011 at 22:51

tinyurl.com/gooodgoood

74. Bexie Wednesday 14th Dec 2011 at 22:58

Looking forward to Kirby and Fire Emblem - I've never actually played any of the games from either series.

Already have Yoshi's Island on SNES, but it'll be nice to have a portable one.
    And I already have two copies of Minish Cap (got it on release and then last year I finally bought the Zelda GBA SP for my collection and it had another copy with it)... oh well. xD

75. HyrulianWarrior Thursday 15th Dec 2011 at 16:06

Will these be downloaded like the NES games? Just go into Your Downloads and redownload them?

76. BreezySkells Friday 16th Dec 2011 at 13:29

yes, but you can put them into sleep mode download this time (thank you Dec 7 update)