New Pokemon game to be revealed next month

CoroCoro to unveil new Pokemon game in January 2012

A new Pokemon game will be revealed in January 2012.

According to Serebii, the latest issue of Japanese magazine CoroCoro reveals that the new Pokemon game will be revealed in their next issue, due to go on sale on 14 January 2012. However, the news could leak before then as subscribers pick up their issues.

CoroCoro provide no clues as to what this game will be. Could it be a spin-off or the next game in the Pokemon series?

Well, Nintendo has yet to release the traditional third game of the current generation that began with Pokemon Black & White.

In each generation, Game Freak has released three games. Yellow was released after Red and Blue, Crystal followed Gold and Silver and so on...

The Pokemon Company is also expected to make an announcement at this weekend's Jump Festa show in Japan.

Let us know what you think of this news in the comments below or on our Pokemon forum.

[ Source: Serebii ]

Comments

1. metalgario Wednesday 14th Dec 2011 at 12:17

Argggghh!! I need to know now!

My Pokemon White boxes are crammed with Pokemon and I dont want to get Black if the new one comes out early next year! I can't believe there isn't enough box room to save each one of the 600+ pokemon!

I'm up to 621 but need more space!!!

2. shadow663 Wednesday 14th Dec 2011 at 12:19

I doubt its a main series game as they've said they dont plan on releasing a 3rd game for the B/W series and its probably too soon for the next generation games. Most likely a spin off like Mystery dungeon or something

3. tohaker Wednesday 14th Dec 2011 at 12:21

To be honest, a normal one would be nice (for example Grey) but I think that once you've played one, you've played them all. I would love to see another Pokemon Ranger or Mystery Dungeon as those are full games in their own right, adding variety to the series. But thats just my opinion 8)

4. Nintenmole56 Wednesday 14th Dec 2011 at 12:25

Ruby and Saphire remake, Grey maybe.

Or someone battle revolution style game for the Wii U! :shock:

Either way, MILLIONS WILL BE SOLD!

Mwahahahahahaha!
    :twisted:

5. keero16 Wednesday 14th Dec 2011 at 12:31

Please please please be one that's similar to Colosseum and Gale of Darkness! Those are my favorite ones!

6. shy guy 64 Wednesday 14th Dec 2011 at 12:35

we all know how parcial to spin offs game freak are

mind you blck/white had been out for over a year in japan so i could be the 3rd version and it be out around the time black and white have been out for 2 years

however for us that means waiting untill 2013

7. Shmilly Wednesday 14th Dec 2011 at 12:44

However, unlike people expect, this reveal isn't coming at Jump Festa but is in fact coming in the issue of CoroCoro next month, due out on January 14th 2012 in what they call a world first shocking announcement.

(from Serebii)

Grey version isn't shocking, spin-off games aren't mind-blowing, and remakes aren't astounding. Here's hoping it's a completely new entry into the franchise, and the first fully 3d Pokemon game built from the ground up for the 3DS. And that they've ditched sprites for 3D models - we know the 3DS can handle it. In fact, I hope they use the models from the Pokedex app.

8. Serebii Wednesday 14th Dec 2011 at 13:10

(from Serebii)

To be fair, they always say that for each announcement

Plus, the developers have said the game series is remaining Sprite-based for the forseeable future

9. Lugia Wednesday 14th Dec 2011 at 13:37

I think a sequel to Battle Revolution! Every generation has had a 3D counterpart in which pokemon can be traded/copied to it.

10. imbusydoctorwho Wednesday 14th Dec 2011 at 13:45

A full 3D Pokemon main game for the 3DS would be awesome,or Pokemon Snap 2 would be equally awesome too.
    But no more spin-offs please.

11. IPecksU Wednesday 14th Dec 2011 at 14:02

If I see "pokemon ranch 2" or Pokemon rumble 3, Hey you pikachu 3D or ranger 4: yep more rings or another pokepark I'm going to be throwing some boots...

Please be some kind of RPG, a snap/mystery dungeon sequel or a new spinoff with genuinely satisfying gameplay :(

12. Komodo_Wolfgang Wednesday 14th Dec 2011 at 14:08

Its been years since pokemon snap, and lots more pokemon have been released.

Snap 3DS is needed, and a Wii U version would be good too, since they both will be able to connect.
    Seeing pokemon moving and running about in the real world through the systems would be awesome..

13. Amidamaru Wednesday 14th Dec 2011 at 15:03

I don't see it being a 3rd game for B/W. They said they wouldn't do one. Also with the 3DS released in the last year I doubt they would want to follow on the story in 3D, it's probably a spin off to keep us waiting for their next adventure which they will probably release on the 3DS

14. RaidingRaichu Wednesday 14th Dec 2011 at 15:04

I'm hoping for either a Ruby remake, a Colosseum-esque thing or, my highest hope, a new Mystery Dungeon!

15. hazza09 Wednesday 14th Dec 2011 at 15:06

I think this has loads of potential, it could use the gyro (like in OoT) to aim the camera rather than using the circle pad.

Personally, I would really like to have a game where you could become a gym leader, who wants to be the champion any more? We have been doing that for the last 10 years!!

16. bennyt Wednesday 14th Dec 2011 at 15:24

Could be a number of ideas but i hopes its either:

Snap 3ds
    Mystery Dungeon
    or a remake of a previous game in 3d with various updates, twists etc

...

Super Pokemon 3D Land anyone?

17. laytonluke911 Wednesday 14th Dec 2011 at 15:43

Come on Ruby/Sapphire remakes *crosses fingers*

18. shinypalkia16 Wednesday 14th Dec 2011 at 16:02

Hopefully it's a long overdue new mystery dungeon, but I wouldn't mind a R/S/E remake either. It probably won't be a ranger because it's not that long since the last one came out, and I'd probably be a bit hesitant to buy it anyway after the terror that was Guardian Signs. :|

19. safii Wednesday 14th Dec 2011 at 16:17

Maybe, after seeing the flop sales of the Nintendo 3DS, Nintendos' most prized sub-unit, the Pokemon team, decided to redeem the 3DS by remaking a game that was a classic to many people. The anouncement may attract more old customers and new customers too because Pokemon would be nostalgic and 'fresh' (with new 'awesome visuals') at the same time. The games being released may just be R/S/E remakes (or just R/S). That's my opinion anyway :mrgreen:

20. Pokemon Luke Wednesday 14th Dec 2011 at 16:35

Its Probably The 6th Generation as these facts prove: Theres no grey or and other remakes of black and white, ranger wont be on 3ds as the 3d top screen is the main thing and the touch screen isnt as they also announced that there would be no more mystery dungeon games and they wouldnt dare make another dash or link remake!
    they will possibly make more rumble and pokepark games but not so soon they would be the next. and ruby sapphire remakes on 3ds arent to likely as they wouldnt seperate the 5th generation or any generation on that matter between 2 handheld consoles. so i belive that the 6th generation is soon to be upon us and also the main reason for making unova so far away from every other region was to start afresh to make 2 regions in the same game like gold silver crystal heartgold and soulsilver. Now do you lot see sense in what the next pokemon game is?

21. colourblindyoshi Wednesday 14th Dec 2011 at 16:44

it is too early to announce a new generation of games. way too early. think how long diamond/pearl/platinum/HG/SS lasted. not that it is a bad thing, i personally think black and white are nowhere near as good as HG or SS. hey, the pokemon are just better!

however, if i want to be 'super hype fan' it could at a huge push be a pokemon grey (or something like that. grey is a weird colour and is so dull) or possibly new versions of ruby and sapphire (what would they be called? seriously?).

but don't raise your hopes. it's going to be a spin off. no! don't run off! it might even be a new pokemon snap! which would be awesome on the wii u or the 3ds. think about using the gyro!

however, there is so much going on now with pokemon it could be anything. just don't be another pokemon dash, or i will march to nintendo and give them some strong words. could be pokemon kart. how awesome would that be? no one would say there isn't a variety or characters, considering there are over 600 of the lot.

22. skyluigi Wednesday 14th Dec 2011 at 16:46

It really wouldn't surprise me to see the third game in the fifth gen; Grey or something.
    If it isn't that, maybe a Ruby/ Sapphire remake?
    If it's not that, surely it's a Mystery Dungeon/ Ranger.
    It seems unlikely that they'd be announcing the sixth gen without the third in the series and the remakes.
    Or it could be something completely new.
    But then again, Pokemon Snap 3DS? Yes please!
    But, I could be completely wrong. We'll have to wait and see!

23. CraigEmberson Wednesday 14th Dec 2011 at 17:18

Argggghh!! I need to know now!

I'm up to 621 but need more space!!!

There is enough room... As long as you don't have duplicates and only collect one of each (including 1 of each evo stage). More boxes open up once you fill up every single box apparently, either that or it's having one Pokemon in every box opens up more... Not sure.

24. CraigEmberson Wednesday 14th Dec 2011 at 17:22

Well, seeing as the one being announced in the Japanese magazine is not the same announcement as the one at Jump Festa... I predict that:

1. One will be the announcement of Ruby & Sapphire remakes for Nintendo 3DS, as Nintendo DS has already had remakes and it wouldn't be much improved on DS - This could also be supported by the fact that Generation 3 merchandise has been announced for Japan recently to be released next year.
    2. One is a Wii counterpart game for Black & White, much like Battle Revolution was For Diamond, Pearl and Platinum.
    3. OR one of them will be an announcement for Pokemon Gray/Grey/Chrome/Monochrome/Twilight Version (LOL!)

25. Waldy565 Wednesday 14th Dec 2011 at 17:27

its either something completely new or the inevitable ranger 4 - ranger with unova region critters

26. Pappi Wednesday 14th Dec 2011 at 18:32

It'll probably be grey...yawn, release a pokemon RP on the console already

27. Serebii Wednesday 14th Dec 2011 at 18:59

Since August, the 3DS has been the best selling video game device nearly every week worldwide. It's not flopping at all and will likely break 11 million units sold by the end of the year

28. Captain Kuchiki Wednesday 14th Dec 2011 at 19:14

I posted a pretty lengthy blog post on bulbagarden on why this will be the third version and not remakes, here.

29. dosh575 Wednesday 14th Dec 2011 at 20:08

How about a game called Pokemon real life. Its were you have to take your Pokemon out for walks,buy the right food for your Pokemon otherwise they'll hate you and clean up the mess they leave behind before you get fined. Ever that or Pokemon Magikarp verses the world...

30. The Smithster Wednesday 14th Dec 2011 at 20:44

It won't be anything interesting. If it isn't a rehash of an existing game, it'll be a puzzle game.

31. SunnyIsland Wednesday 14th Dec 2011 at 20:51

I doubt it will be a third game with improvements; I remember in an article on here somewhere they said that black and white will be the last games. I wouldn't be surprised if it is a brand new spin-off or pokemon stadium/battle revolution for 5th gen.

32. RobLovesArcanine Wednesday 14th Dec 2011 at 20:53

Kinda hoping for a Pokémon Pinball 3D. Just me?

33. AR master Wednesday 14th Dec 2011 at 21:47

pokemon snap....hmmmm :D

34. OracleOfPokemon Wednesday 14th Dec 2011 at 22:09

Argggghh!! I need to know now!

I'm up to 621 but need more space!!!

What do you mean? THERE ARE 24 BOXES. 24 x 30 = 720.

There are enough boxes for ALL 649 POKéMON AND STILL HAVE 2 AND A BIT BOXES LEFT! You also have your party, the Day Care, the Dream World and the Battle Box. All in all, you can have 739 Pokémon. To start with, you have 8 boxes or something, when you put at least one Pokémon in each box and log out, you get 16. Do the same again and you'll get the maximum of 24 boxes. Honestly, you really think that Game Freak would try that hard to make Catching 'em All that impossible?

I should know. I have every single Pokémon in a "living Pokédex" in my PC, and I leave one of the spare boxes for different forms and the other is just for random ones that I don't want to release. THEY HAVE TO BE IN NUMERICAL ORDER BY NATIONAL POKéDEX. Just a little OCD.

35. fisher2007 Wednesday 14th Dec 2011 at 23:22

pokemon Trading card game with old card's from the past also there be new one's.

36. Serebii Thursday 15th Dec 2011 at 09:21

People

1. The interview saying that BW were the last games in this generation was just a horrific mistranslation
    2. The new generation isn't coming anytime soon. The Gen V Pokémon aren't even all out yet

37. peteflea Thursday 15th Dec 2011 at 12:20

I would love a remake of ruby and sapphire but with lush new 3d graphics (still top down though)

38. kylewithaface Thursday 15th Dec 2011 at 18:52

ive had this idea for years but what about a game where you could use the same type of pokemon E.G. all the fire type starters to choose form and just bring all the pokemon games together for an anniversary or something

39. SinnohChampion Thursday 15th Dec 2011 at 20:09

I think it should be whatever you wanna call it... Grey maybe? Or whatever they'll call it >.< I enjoyed Black soo much and would love to learn more about my favourite 2nd legendary, Kyurem and I'm sure that game would do so (since Kyurem is the third member of the trio)

40. mrmariomaster Saturday 17th Dec 2011 at 13:51

I think it might be called either pink,purple or grey :D :?: :?:

41. GoldenSun Tuesday 20th Dec 2011 at 15:40

It may be a spin off (I heard on a fan site (Nintendo 3ds buzz) That Pokemon would combine with Nobunaga’s Ambition to form a crossover)

However, it could also be a new game like Pokemon Grey. I don't really care what it is, I am just looking forward to it. :D

42. Grasper Friday 23rd Dec 2011 at 10:52

Gah, I wish they would just let it die already!! Pokemon has been terrible for years now..

43. sean1991 Sunday 1st Jan 2012 at 14:41

I hope it is a different one from the crossover game they are planning on doing! I would love one where you start off In pallet town and travel all the regions! With the pokemon walking with you!

Or one where you could train to be a gym leader, or breeder etc!

44. phil2512 Sunday 1st Jan 2012 at 14:46

another spin off that im not getting i only play the the proper games

45. TJHeath32 Thursday 5th Jan 2012 at 17:04

Man, heck do I want to know that game! I hope, though it definitely won't happen, is the get OoT, replace Hyrule with Unova, replace the monsters with Pokemon and Bosses with legendarys and you now have a Pokemon action adventure. I know, I think to hard.

46. yoshimad Friday 6th Jan 2012 at 14:53

To be honest I'd rather see a..
    1. R/S/E or pokemon Yellow remake on the 3DS or pokemon 'Gray' using or new 3D models and 3D 'move' visuals of 'older' pokemon. Similar to the Pokedex 3D, also they could actually move during combat like they did on battle revolution (although most of the time the Pokemon Battle Revolution stood infront of the other and the camera just changed the angle to behind them... i guess to make it appear as if they had hit each other) :?
    2. A cool mystery dungeon with an awesome story featuring every pokemon even unova ones, I don't think explorers of time/darkness/sky did that bad on terms of storyline and things to do.
    Or better still they could finally port over the mystery dungeon which was on WiiWare for Japanese players cos that used the pokemon models off pokemon ranch! I think there was three versions, light, blazing and stormy versions and this also restricted what type of starter you could have so stormy would be a water type. The only problem with that is that you needed all three versions to get every pokemon however, there were shiny pokemon within the dungeons.
    3. A console game on Wii U, however this looks unlikely as they mentioned they would bring a 'proper' game to a console format as it prevent 'portability'. But a spin off like Pokemon Colosseum or XD would be welcome I enjoyed those games. Just not shadow pokemon... but a different storyline.
    4. Pokémon + Nobunaga's Ambition, that looks pretty interesting but it is on DS and not 3DS.

Or a complete new idea of pokemon in general muwahahahahah! :twisted:

I don't want to see..
    1. Another pokepark for Wii U, however pokepark 2 has just been released on Wii and that looks pretty good as you can play as the unova starters as well.
    2. Definitely not another pokemon ranger, I didn't even buy the third one...
    3. Although unlikely, another pokemon rumble type game, this is because one has just been released.
    4. PokeRanch the Wii U Edition! >_< Nooooo where you can upload your pokemon critters from B/W if you have full storage although you have about 730 spaces...
    5. I really don't want to see another stadium, which is bad coming from a major pokemon fan.
    6. Lastly, am I the only pokemon fan who wouldn't want to see another Pokemon Snap, I enjoyed taking photos, but it would be painful to do that all over again with the amount of pokemon nowadays.

47. TJHeath32 Saturday 7th Jan 2012 at 19:04