Best 3DS eShop games

The best 3D games available to download - includes two new entries!

The 3DS eShop is home to some excellent games. Take Pullblox, a puzzler from the developer of Advance Wars, Paper Mario and Fire Emblem. Released in December, it is so good that we would happily have parted with £20 for it but you can download it from the eShop for £5.40. So if you have some spare cash and fancy downloading a budget game to play on the move, here are the best 3DS eShop games.

This guide to the best eShop games includes new games that you can only buy on 3DS (that means no DSiWare) and games in the 3D Classics range, Nintendo's selection of remastered NES games.

10. 3D Classics: Kid Icarus

Many Nintendo fans have been wanting Pit to return to our screens for over 20 years and it's all thanks to this game, a classic NES platformer that's now been remastered in 3D. Approaching Mega Man levels of difficulty, it may be too tough for some but the search for the tree sacred treasures is always satisfying as the angelic Pit soars upwards, taking out enemies with his arrows.

Read our 3D Classics: Kid Icarus review for more.

Previous 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 Next page

Comments

1. skyluigi Wednesday 28th Dec 2011 at 09:52

I have to agree with this list. :)

2. danbish Wednesday 28th Dec 2011 at 10:55

I just downloaded Pullblox on Boxing Day and I have to say it's brilliant! Mighty Switch Force is next on the list!

3. chojin Wednesday 28th Dec 2011 at 15:37

Been palying Pullblox its a great game, cannot work out

1-14
    1-18
    2-3

Basically the ones where it's a box with pull outs in it

4. Pappi Wednesday 28th Dec 2011 at 15:46

Looks at freakyforms picture

....

:shock:

5. MartinIsAwesome Friday 9th Mar 2012 at 16:41

I absolutely loved Mighty Switch Force. I really hope WayForward take it and exand it with loads of levels and bonus challanges to make a Gold Award worthy sequal.

6. Dalekbuster523 Friday 9th Mar 2012 at 16:58

Good to see 3D classics Excitebike and Kid Icarius on this list. Both are great games with really good 3D.

7. CraigEmberson Friday 9th Mar 2012 at 20:09

I really disagree... Pullblox is annoyingly hard and just the same all the way through. I gave up on it because of this... It's not even challenging in any necessarily clever way - it's purely just to be difficult.

8. Redfish20 Friday 9th Mar 2012 at 21:32

I bought Pullblox a few weeks ago because ONM kept going on about it. What can I say? You guys were right! Totally worth forgoing a couple of pints to afford!

9. Birdy1994 Friday 9th Mar 2012 at 22:59

What about Mutant Mudds

10. fisher2007 Friday 9th Mar 2012 at 23:20

I downloaded zen pinball,freaky forms yesterday and I'm enjoying them.

11. HateTheDrake Friday 9th Mar 2012 at 23:22

@Birdy1994: That's the reason I just registered. Mutant Mudds should definitely be on this list if not at the top. VVVVVV is another fine addition as well as Zen Pinball.

Pushmo/Pullblox is a quality game, but I couldn't get into it.

12. tomonm Saturday 10th Mar 2012 at 08:20

What about Mutant Mudds

Well, it hasn't been released in the UK yet, nor has VVVVVV. We are the Official Nintendo Magazine UK and this is a list of the best games available in this country.

13. morg199911 Sunday 1st Apr 2012 at 18:56

thats probably one of the only ONM lists i would completely agree with.

14. benjymc Monday 9th Apr 2012 at 09:25

So happy that Dillon's Rolling Western is in the top three as my friend keeps suggesting for me to buy it :D

15. benandarchie Tuesday 8th May 2012 at 16:17

Mighty switch force should be above freaky forms but apart from that great list! :D

16. Yirba Tuesday 8th May 2012 at 17:09

No True Remembrance: Fragment of Memory? Boo… Gotta be the best.

17. noobgamer9 Tuesday 8th May 2012 at 17:59

I can't find the link, but nintendolife said that mighty switch force would get an update for more levels. Don't have the game myself.

18. linkfinity Tuesday 8th May 2012 at 18:23

other than freaky forms (which if it weren't made by nintendo i doubt would have gotten the score it did) i'd have to agree with this.

19. Aces High Tuesday 8th May 2012 at 20:18

@noobgamer9: Wow, that's great news! MSF was utterly brilliant, it's only downside being its brevity.

20. MartinIsAwesome Wednesday 9th May 2012 at 08:48

Checks out.
    Mighty Switch Force will be getting an update that improves the 3D effect (which I thought was great anyway), adds a retry button the Pause menu (which doesn't sound like much, but to anyone who's played it this is a godsend), and five new levels, bringing the total to 21 levels. I would have liked them to have added at least ten new levels, but beggers can't be choosers. Stilll, this could also mean a possibility that there will be other updates in the feature.
    Oh yeah, and the update is free. Nice.

(Source: http://www.nintendoworldreport.com/news/29958)

21. alexkinch Wednesday 9th May 2012 at 15:01

I agree with most of this list i think i spent most time Playing kirby 3d. Mighty switch force is good and nice to hear bout free update, freaky forms got boring but im impressed with some i got via streetpass.

22. Pyron12 Wednesday 9th May 2012 at 15:21

1. Dillon's Rolling Western (I think its better than Pullblox)
    2. Pullblox
    3. Mighty Switch Force
    4. 3D Classics: Kid Icarus
    5. Zen Pinball

23. jellyjal Wednesday 9th May 2012 at 16:03

for the tree sacred !!! haha

24. Commandervideo Wednesday 9th May 2012 at 16:22

1 Pullblox One of the best nintendo and puzzle games ever made
    2 Freakyforms Funniest game ever
    3 VVVVVV Probably? I hope
    4 Mutant Mudds Maybe?
    5 Excitebike Very technical and a great level editor
    6 Kid icarus Deep for a Nes game but I didn't find it much fun, uprising is well better

25. SkywardSaix Thursday 10th May 2012 at 11:24

I bought pullblox the other month, now on the last set of levels. I'm losing sleep hahaha

26. alfiej97 Friday 11th May 2012 at 18:49

I agree with this list but when Mutant Mudds comes out in the uk it looks like that will be at the top of the list :D

27. Xenobladeperson Friday 11th May 2012 at 19:12

It was a bad idea to release this list two days before VVVVVV came out, it's the BIT. TRIP RUNNER of the eShop world and far better than Pullblox.

28. Diddy ZX Friday 11th May 2012 at 19:47

But this list appears to be from December 2011, and VVVVVV was only released on the eShop in the UK yesterday. ;)

Agreed, though, it is a superb game, and certainly should be on a revised version of such a list. :)

29. Xenobladeperson Saturday 12th May 2012 at 09:05

I know this list came out a while ago, but if you look at the top of the page it clearly says 8th May 2012

30. I Am Error Saturday 12th May 2012 at 13:14

i got five of them whooooo

31. Diddy ZX Saturday 12th May 2012 at 13:51

Oh, wow, so it does! I totally missed that - my apologies!

I guess it's been updated recently?

32. Samster296 Saturday 14th Jul 2012 at 19:30

Where is Link's Awakening :( ?

33. MartinIsAwesome Wednesday 12th Sep 2012 at 21:09

I'm suprised that Colors! 3D is so high up the list. Don't know why, it's a great package - I just didn't expect it to be considered greater than some of those others.

Just a little note, maybe adjust the Mighty Switch Force page. It now has 21 stages after all.

34. Pyron12 Sunday 16th Sep 2012 at 08:04

Where is Link's Awakening :( ?

That's a VC game.
    Mutant Mudds deserves a spot on the instead of a stupid pinball game. It should be in 6 or 5 and knock zen pinball off the list.

35. Fergster Monday 29th Oct 2012 at 13:59

What? No mention of Zen Pinball? It's a pretty simple game, but I've spent hours bashing away at those little sliver balls trying to beat my high scores. Absolutely love it!

36. vix_chan Sunday 25th Nov 2012 at 10:25

OK, so you updated the list by adding Hana Samurai, Fallbloxs and Colors, but fail to remove the original Freakyforms which is no longer on Eshop.

Take Freakyforms: Your Creations, Alive! off of page 5 and add liberation maiden there instead.

37. Commandervideo Wednesday 5th Dec 2012 at 15:31

10 Denpa men

38. Darkblizz Tuesday 11th Dec 2012 at 13:12

What, no Denpa Men?

39. Rufan Wednesday 19th Dec 2012 at 12:04

If Santa brings me Wii points I might get Crimson shroud it looks good. :wink:

40. toffeeman30 Wednesday 19th Dec 2012 at 13:09

ninja gaiden one of the toughest and best available

41. Shmilly Wednesday 19th Dec 2012 at 16:49

What, no Denpa Men?

Notion seconded. It's an awesome if quirky game, and there's a great looking sequel already in the localisation process.

42. fisher2007 Wednesday 19th Dec 2012 at 18:39

I was gonna download Crimson shroud today had enough money on the balance but it take's up 1964 block's and i don't have enough space on my 2GB SD that came with my original 3ds and it's ******* 766 blocks.

also checking extra data colors 3d is the worst it's take's up ******* 3,845 block's.

and i have to buy a another SD card with more GB because future eshop game's,apps could take up lot's of space.

43. Porgey_XD Thursday 20th Dec 2012 at 10:46

Where's The Denpa Men?! :x

44. Tams Thursday 20th Dec 2012 at 17:07

Arrrrgggghhhhh!!! :x :? :shock:

Please give us the option to have everything on one or two pages; not 10!

45. CraigEmberson Saturday 22nd Dec 2012 at 03:33

Why is it that I'm the only one who can't use Colors 3D? Even with a tutorial, it makes no sense and the button layout is awful and it's too complicated. It also crashes constantly... I love drawing/painting but can't use it due to this. It's for pros and not for beginners. Am I the only one who also doesn't rave about Pullblox? I don't like games that purposely make it difficult just for the sake of being difficult... It's why I love Skyward Sword, the difficulty is in mastering a fixed strategy and not one that changes just to eff you over.

46. jdozois11 Monday 7th Jan 2013 at 01:29

Are you guys in canada because those games are called pushmo and crashmo

47. MartinIsAwesome Tuesday 8th Jan 2013 at 11:00

Are you guys in canada because those games are called pushmo and crashmo

Well, the magazine and this website are based in the UK, so we subscribe to Nintendo of Europe's naming decisions.

48. RainbowGazelle Friday 26th Jul 2013 at 10:48

Debating Hat: Pretty good list, but where is the love for Gunman Clive. Short, but uses 3d better than most games developed by whole teams of people. I would personally stick that at number ten instead of Kid Icarus. Apart from that, pretty good list.

49. BlockPunch Saturday 17th Aug 2013 at 00:56

I'm really surprised that NightSky didn't make the cut.

50. garywood Monday 6th Jan 2014 at 11:29

Are you guys in canada because those games are called pushmo and crashmo

My theory is that pushmo wasn't allowed in europe because it sounds anti-islamic. That'd be hilarious and also a sad sad day for humanity if it were true!

51. MartinIsAwesome Monday 6th Jan 2014 at 23:52

Excuse my ignorance, but how does Pushmo sound anti-islamic?